So... We all agree this is definetly going to win an oscar...

So... We all agree this is definetly going to win an oscar. Maybe not best picture but it definetly going to get an oscar.

>probably the highest grossing movie in 2018
>critically loved
>audienced loved as well.
>looking to do very well overseas.

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/02/16/black-panther-review-great-actors-make-failure-launch/
youtube.com/watch?v=8KeOxeuiZjs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>capeshit blockbuster
>winning awards
might be a line too far

>probably the highest grossing movie in 2018
Lol. In the same year as Infinity War? Come on.
>looking to do well overseas
Overseas audiences aren't going to be interested in an African ethnostate starting a race war to kill and enslave anyone that's not black

>Highest grossing movie
>higher than Infnity war itself

Unless infnity crew up like justice league what is impossible because justice league was literraly an abandoned infunished movie directed by a fucking awful director who made sucker punch this will not happen

Infinity war isn't a fleshed out movie though, black panther is...

There 3 parts to infinity wars, maybe the third one, but definetly not the first.

>critically loved and audiences loved as well
Anyone and everyone knows that this is nothing but another Marvel movie but this time people don't wanna look racist. It's the exact same thing as Wonder Woman.
There's nothing to separate this from Doctor Strange and Ant-Man except this time they've got a black guy on the poster.

Except Marvel isn't marketing it as part 1 and part 2 for exactly that reason.

Where exactly do you think this movie about killing all the white people is gonna do well?

And shit like lala lands win?

>an oscar
I guarantee it will get as many oscars as Fury Road with about as many nominations as Shape of Water

Meanwhile Aquameh will get as many Razzies as Jack and Jill

The Oscars aren't about quality, they're about people who work on movies showing respect for one another and returning favors. That's why Leonardo Dicaprio won an award for one of his worst performances. That's why the Black Cat movie isn't going to win best picture no matter how much you shitpost about it.

Oacars viewing are also at an all time low, they would be dumb to not give this an oscar.

I agree, it was a fucking fun movie but is clearly not better than Winter Soldier or Iron Man 1, there is nothing fresh about it.

You’ve already been BTFO Sup Forums, do you really to be BTFO again?

>Time to mentioning DC: 9 posts
This just keeps dropping every day, is the MCU really that bad that people can only say "At least it's not Suicide Squad?"

>Oscars

Talk to me when this movie makes $300,000 in China.
>No they'll definitely be interested in a kid from Oakland who wants to take over the world and have black people control everything
No they won't. Get over it. This is going to do well in countries with white guilt and that's it.

We all know Hollywood loves nothing more than circlejerk movies about Hollywood itself or hommages to the "golden age". And La-la-land was both.

The dark knight won 2 oscars

I can't believe Wonder Woman still has a 92% rating.

hue hue hue

Because it was good. Black Panther is a cartoon. It's Young Justice. It's Spectacular Spider-Man. It's entertaining. It's quality. But it's pulp. It doesn't deserve an award that's not on MTV.

why?

Umm no sweetie

>T’Challa is big on border security, believes Wakanda and Wakandans should come first, and fiercely protects his country’s culture from outsiders, including refugees. If this is all starting to sound familiar, it should. Also like President Donald Trump, T’Challa’s beliefs are not based on race. This is not a “black thing.” This is a culture/survival thing.

>T’Challa might be the Black Panther, but Killmonger is a Black Panther in the Huey Newton-Bobby Seale 1960 black nationalist sense. Like the Black Panther Party, Killmonger was born in Oakland, California, and to him everything is a “black thing.” He wants the vibranium exported in the form of weapons to overthrow white people.

breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2018/02/16/black-panther-review-great-actors-make-failure-launch/

I can't believe Black Panther has a higher rating than Pulp Fiction. I guess the "We're sorry" campaign is just that strong.

I don't really know how to respond to this without first asking you what alternate universe you're living in.

But muh diverse cast

Oh boy someone screen cap this, and watch the salt in 2019. You're fucking saying it won't even get ONE?!.

You're fucking retarded if you think it isn't going to get at least one. Maybe not the most coveted one (Best Film) but it going to get something.

We can also agree none of this is Sup Forums discussion

He is NOT Black Lives Matter and the movie is 100% at fault for people interpreting it that way. He wanted to kill and enslave everyone who didn't submit and obey his culture. He was a colonizer. And the movie knew this, they made reference to it, but they didn't realize their target audience was too fucking stupid to understand that and just played it safe by making him seem like he was just a kangsshitter
KillMonger could have been a cool villain but the movie failed him. It's the biggest weak point by far.

So America. A country that's a fifth black. Yeah it's doing well there.

But his resolution is to open up to the rest of the world and spread aid. Did they even watch the film?

Because it's not that good. Though, I'm not really sure how it would even out after the initial reviews.

Which one do you think it's going to get? Oscars aren't just gold stars. It has to do something better than every other movie that year. The only thing that I was consistently impressed by in this was the editing and it was nothing spectacular, it just wasn't garbage like most Disney movies. So which Oscar do you think it'll win? Which specific one?

So sending aid but not taking in refugees and only helping from a distance like what the president wants

Black Panther was solid but I can't think of any area where it was "the best"

Costumes/Dress for sure.

>Didnt make it clear enough he was essentially a colonialist
>Literally had him say ''The sun will never shit on the Wakandan Empire''

If the audience wasn't able to get that element its entirely their fault, it was incredibly blatant.

Why wouldn’t T’Challa be open to taking refugees?

MC > DC

That would be another "make up is a real oscar" meme waiting to happen

>a fifth black

I'm genuinely confused as to how you can be so wrong

An award that almost unanimously goes to period pieces and never, ever goes to CGI costumes.

Production Design is also a very strong candidate.

But they should have known that the type of people watching would be too fucking stupid. They really, really have to hammer it in for marvel fans.

it didn't excell in anything enough to get an Oscar. Oscars are supposed to highlight specific elements that stood out in a movie.
There was no performance that was really great, technically speaking the movie is nothing special. It can be successful sure but it doesn't excell at anyhting except marketing
That's why no Marvel movie or Star Wars movie got any oscar but LOTR did.
the big exception here is Disney getting some Oscars for best animated film but really that's because the category is a complete mess that was shoehorned in to pretend the big wigs gave a shit about animation

When you bring in refugees you bring their problems with you. Literally in the movie. And he never once mentioned taking in refugees, because he doesn't fucking want to.

this but unironically

No one even argues this anymore, stating it is on the level of saying "Alright the movie really really sucked but it could have been worse so be thankful!!"

He literally said that if they had just brought Killmonger there when he was a child and raised him in a better environment, he wouldn’t have become a villain.

>Still hanging on to the China meme

This weekend already proved BP doesn’t need those gooks.

Because he was the child of a Wakandan. That one is literally 100% on them.

Official rankings

>1 : Winter Soldier
>2 : Guardians vol1
>3 : Black Panther
>4 : Ant-Man
>5 : Iron Man 1

But HE WAS NOT BORN IN WAKANDA

You will not find a single person who works at Disney arguing that. At all. Foreign gross literally writes these movies. Remember Doctor Strange?

Best Costume Design for sure.

But he was Wakandan. Do you think that American refugees are all the children of Americans?

They literally had to color Killmonger different so you could tell him apart from Black Panther. That's a trick from fighting games not from an Oscar award winning picture.

Avatar won it in the year it came out, its not like a heavy use of CGI is a barrier to being nominated.

Sound Design

Gooks and chinks are the biggest fad hoppers, people are retarded if they dont think they wont go see this movie...

T. Chink who went to watch transformer overseas when most of the people didnt even know about it...

Nope.
CG costumes go into visual effects.

Is the newest fad in China "I wish a black guy would come and kill me for not being black"

The worst part is how WB was clearly not even trying to make a good cinematic universe.

I mean fucking c'mon, they gave the entire fucking thing to be directed AND produced by the director of sucker punch, they choose one of the worst choices possible, there was literally hundreds of better directors on hollywod and they keep hiring him flop after flop

It's clear that WB never saw this franchise as anything more than fast temporary cachcow so they rushed as hell without giving any single fuck.

Where is that a fad?

Explain capt america and u.s patriotism?

>black panther and Ant man above Iron Man
No, Fuck You, no

No where anywhere which is why Black Panther won't do well in China

All without China.

Face it Sup Forums, you’ve lost again.

Racist

That's going to be Solo: A Star Wars Solo Story

They will shill BP as if he was literally Batman, China will eat that up.

When did Black Panther promote that as a fad? I don’t remember that being in the movie.

>We can beat Suicide Squad. We can do it boys! And after that, Catwoman and Steel are going down!!
Christ the MCU must be in shambles if this is where you're at

Black Panther doesn’t need China. Stop this meme.

Ok... when? Next year's Oscars?

Isn't going to do very well in straya?

sup Sup Forums

That is a fucking goalpost move if I saw one. I’m saying a movie doesn’t need China to be successful. Squad was one of the highest grossing films of that year.

Iron Man had a weak primary villain, can't even recall who it is. I'll rewatch it though, it deserves as much. Unfortunately last time it was on TV I was with a lady im trying to forget

The thread started off about how this is going to be an Oscar winner, now you're saying it can outgross a piece of shit.

No the 2032 oscars

>Autistic Chinafag is still trying to argue

You’re going to be doing this even when BP hits $1 Billion huh?

>”It doesn’t matter if those niggers made one of the most successful movies ever, it still didn’t do well in CHINA! They hate niggers! The West is sav-“

I’m not the OP. Try again, loser.

Just take the loss like you did in Charlottesville.

>Everyone who doesn't like my ethnostate movie is RACIST

RACIST RACISTS RACISTS I HATE RACISM SO MUCH ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS ISN'T 2018 PICTURE OF THE YEAR JUST HATES BLACK PEOPLE

You guys champion ethnostates all the time and now you’re going to backpedal?

sup tumblr

So if yo u didn't like Black Panther that means you want a white ethnostate? Is this the new Marvel defense strategy?

youtube.com/watch?v=8KeOxeuiZjs

>1 kills to 0 kills
>loss

This movie wasnt about killing white people.

Just fuck already.

>they're about people who work on movies showing respect for one another
Wish they'd show animation some of that respect at least once.

>A martyr vs a scumbag who is going to be villified forever

I bet you thought 9/11 was a win for Bin Laden too huh?

I dunno about that.
Doctor Strange was about a guy learning about selflessness and self-sacrifice and moral relativism.
Ant-Man was just a well-done quippy popcorn flick. Hope learning to be less of a bitch was probably the only real character development in the film.
Wonder Woman gave lip service to the early 1900's feminist movement, but then turned back into a really really straightforward action movie.
Black Panther uses a black nationalist as the primary villain and he has the heroes arguing about global responsibility vs national responsibility and what that should mean in the modern world. Hell, in the end he kinda gets T'Challa to do what he wanted, in a less violent way. The movie wasn't saying anything new, but it definitely had more balls than any other superhero movie out there.

whgy do you nigger care about this moves so much? stop so many thread's in Sup Forums Sup Forums and Sup Forums

It's onna be one of the highest grossing but rember infinity war is right around the corner