Honestly...

Honestly, how come no one minds how Kingdom Hearts tries so hard to establish Mickey is leagues more badass than Donald Duck and will always be better than him when that's not fucking true at all

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uuC9yxJ6_pY
youtube.com/watch?v=ouMV8EhR3Jw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because in Kingdom Hearts he's a king while Donald's the best wizard in his kingdom. It's established in the narrative so it's not much to complain about, especially when Mickey's the face of Disney and has a lot of cool stuff to his name too.

Because then Donald gets to be your buddy who travels with you while Mickey can sit offscreen until the plot needs him. Would you rather have Mickey in your party? That'd be kinda boring.

I want to wear mickey and donald like boxing gloves

I just think it's bullshit that Donald acts way too reserved in the games when his whole schtick is how violently pissy he gets. If anything he should've been the attacker while Goofy is magic/defense.

Are we talking gameplay or story? Because Mickey is more useful as a partner on the rare occasions you have him, can save your life in KH2 and his D-Link was great. Donald just exists as enemy bait.

Mickey isn't badass in kingdom hearts, he's a chronic fuck-up who let three kids get possessed, coma'd, and lost forever in hell. He constantly disregards his master's warnings and teachings and he has the gall to fucking save Sora from death but only in fights where it wouldn't impact the plot. He also abandoned his kingdom without so much as a note he gave to his fucking dog. PLUTO CAN'T READ DUMBASS. And don't get me started on how he never felt it was important to tell Sora and crew about the whole Ansem isn't Ansem fiasco or the whole Aqua's in the realm of darkness because she had save your sloppy KH1 asses. Also his original keyblade has abysmal stats with STR +3, and MAG +1 and a measly Air Combo Plus. He's so insecure about it that he travels to the Realm of Darkness to get the ONLY keyblade of darkness shown in the game because he's an edgelord. Have I mentioned he's an edgelord? His boyfriend is all "I'm gonna walk the road to dawn" and Mickey, the king of the goddamn realm of light, is all: "Ha ha, me too pal!" and he tosses on a darkness cloak. He's real fucking messy.

I just remembered Donald was supposed to be KH's protagonist, but the japs whined and wanted a human character, that's why we have Sora.

Well, maybe if Donald didn't heal me literally half a second before I heal myself, maybe we wouldn't have this problem.

>but the japs whined and wanted a human character, that's why we have Sora.
You got your wires crossed somewhere, the reason why we have Sora is because Squaresoft and Disney couldn't agree on either Donald or Mickey.

It might be the point since they're Toons, but everyone from Disney town is a massive fuckup. The only reason a lot of the events that kicked off KHII happened was because Minnie decided to throw Pete into the realm of fucking Darkness for causing some slight mischief.

Thats the bane of my existence, every single time.

What was Master Xehanort's ultimate goal again? Take over the universe?

I wonder who else is in there right now.

>Have I mentioned he's an edgelord? His boyfriend is all "I'm gonna walk the road to dawn" and Mickey, the king of the goddamn realm of light, is all: "Ha ha, me too pal!" and he tosses on a darkness cloak.

The cloaks were from Diz to hide their presence from the Organization, and they both ditch them near the end of II.

To create a "Next World" according to his Reports from BBS.

Because Kingdom hearts is and always has been Autistic Nipponese Fanfiction.

If you played as Riku with Mikey as your only team mate, then it'd be pretty cool.

That wouldn't make sense either, though, since Goofy's a retarded. It would be cool to have a berserking mage though.

What does that even mean? Does any of that warrant his needlessly convoluted plan?

when will we get to see Max and Pete Jr.

Putting it simply, become God.

I kind of admire the Star Wars prequels now compared to this shit. At least Palpatine's plan wasn't as retarded.

cause he was a racist
and wanted to create a whole new world just for his kind only

>needlessly convoluted plan
Xehanort's plan is only as needlessly convoluted as it needs to be. Originally he was going to simply create the X-Blade and use it to summon Kingdom Hearts in order to start another Keyblade War, which could potentially destroy and remake the world, because he's an evil scientist and he wanted to see what would happen. His original plan to forge the X-Blade failed, so he's currently resorting to his extremely complex backup plans after his other, simpler backup plans failed.

>Manga
That shit is about as canon as the V-Cast game.

It's doubtful. The personalities that people would want to see are HEAVILY rooted in Goof Troop and the Goofy Movies and those are supposedly a no-go territory for Square due to the "no TV shows" rule.

What is Kingdom Hearts anyway?
Is it like a bat signal for retards to come and bash each others heads in with big keys?

It's Heaven, basically. It's where all hearts go to in the end of it all, and is a massive source of power.

Kingdom Hearts is light

Do new hearts get created or does everyone get theirs from KH?

Basically is the Kingdom of Light, were all hearts go when you die or release your heart because reasons.
That fucking fight was because there was a traitor, one of the maximun leaders of the unions have darkness in his heart. At the end, instead of resolving everything with their master, that son of a bitch run aways and all the unions fall apart because of distrust and "muh light".

They get created out of nothing, literally. I'm serious.

>At the end, instead of resolving everything with their master, that son of a bitch run aways and all the unions fall apart because of distrust and "muh light".
Sounds like Anakin and his distrust of the Jedi council combined with Palpatine.

>Mickey is leagues more badass
Have you heard his voice? At least Donald sounds cool when he shouts

youtube.com/watch?v=uuC9yxJ6_pY
>Light.. but why?
You know, in retrospect his death was kind of flaccid.

Yeah, the more you get into KH lore, the more Star Wars-like it becomes.

I gained my gazing eye to see if I could save the future, but with how my fancy book of prophecies ends with what really boils down to 'Darkness is bound to triumph because light is dumb'... Yeah, it... couldn't be saved. Sry.

It's worst, maybe there wasn't any traitor, so they killed themselves for nothing.
Nah, Light always wins because the plot demans it.

I want Mickey to give me a footjob

Because nobody gives half a shit about Kingdom Hearts.

We'll see.

I would have liked it if there was someone like Ahoska who walked away from the Keyblade tradition and did their own thing but not be a huge asshole about it.

You'd say that, but if you really think that way, why are you posting in a Kingdom Hearts Thread.

To recreate the keyblade war and unlock kingdom hearts and see what happens

> The Heaven is a mix with Disneyworld and Final Fantasy.
And Mickey is God. Wow.

>Sounds like Anakin and his distrust of the Jedi council combined with Palpatine.
Bbs was practically the prequels

DiZ is also an edgelord crybaby.

>because Minnie decided to throw Pete into the realm of fucking Darkness for causing some slight mischief.
He wasn't thrown into the realm of darkness, he was imprisoned in some other space and Maleficent came and picked him up.

Anyone else NOT believe for a second that Mickey is worth a damn? He's never done anything in the series except beat easy grunts. The only time Mickey clashed with a character with a name and face, Young Xehanort, Mickey's spell was broken and it was up to Riku to actually beat up Young Xehanort. People give Mickey too much undeserved credit. And remember, DISNEY will never permit Mickey to show what's made off because they will never approve of a Mickey game.

>but only in fights where it wouldn't impact the plot

That cut scene of Mickey entering the portal to the final level of KH2, Axel shows up and destroys the Nobodies and gives his final words while Mickey is absent, and then Sora enters the final level of KH2 and Mickey arrives with Sora at the same time. It's like Mickey's existence was erased during the Axel cut scene. Mickey is a non-factor.

He did help Ven fight Vanitas during BBS and even helped Aqua fight possessed Ven near the end game.

>It's worst, maybe there wasn't any traitor, so they killed themselves for nothing.

Mark my words, KH3 is going to have Xehanort win reboot the universe AND bring back the Union Leaders and their subjects.

They should of given us the comic Donald.
The guy that somehow ends up getting a ton of ladies attracted to his charm.
At least then his interaction scenes would be much more interesting.

Is there any Duck Avenger game?

It's fun how Quack Pack's Daisy is basically Lila, but in a Lois Lane fashion.

Am I right in thinking that the entire plot of Kingdom Hearts revolves around heroes and villans trying to weaponize friendship?

I was talking to my frined about it, and I want to know if I'm close to making sense of the story.

Yeah, kinda.
>PK: Out of the Shadows
Apparently, it's a bad game.

>villans trying to weaponize friendship?
No far from it.
Kh only makes sense if you actually play it.

>Kh only makes sense if you actually play it.
Even then you really gotta work to understand it

If you play through every game, watch the post-credits scenes, and read all of the Ansem reports/assorted journals, you'll get like 90% of it.
The rest has to be inferred from context and long hours spent on forums.

I assure you that that's no always the case.

It's mostly hard for me because I can't understand or sympasize why most of the characters act or feel the way they so. To me, the OC cast behaves like aliens who studied earth bahavior through shitty shonens in a high school anime club.

Who the fuck are these people? Where's Sora, Riku, Roxas, Kairi, and Namine?

They are from top left to buttom right
>young Ardyn Izunia
>Trench coat Joe
>young Tifa
>Hope Estheim
>the guy that Ardyn eventually steals his hat from
>not Roxas
>Cait Sith

Couldnt help but notice how most comic fans absolutely despise Daisy for some reason. The comic writers themselves seem to have nothing but spite.
Something happen?

the premise of KH is fun but at this point, I agree they need to retcon everything.

I don't like it when people complain about "MUH DISNEY". Disney has never really been apart of the story, they're just set pieces. Even Mickeys involvement in the story is as a lore dumper. It's always been about the anime characters having an anime war with and/or over anime weapons. I love it.

And if you say "But KH1 was Maleficent and Princesses of Heart", Maleficent was just a puppet for the true anime villain, and can you really call Alice a "Princess"?.

Kingdom hearts is largely a long series of retcons and surprise reveals. Considering how many unanswered questions the first two games ended with, this shouldn't really be a surprise. It's happened to other franchises. At least KH is more or less under the direction of one man (Nomura), and he seems to exert his vision for the setting pretty well.

Retconning it would fix nothing, doing so would only exacerbate the issues.

Nah then it makes less sense

Kindom Hearts in a nutshell:
youtube.com/watch?v=ouMV8EhR3Jw

Kingdom Hearts is, to put it very, very, very simply, the closest thing the setting has to God. Opening the doorway to it basically allows one to utilize it's power to shape the Multiverse as they will, and all Hearts end up returning to it's EMBRACE sooner or later. Getting to it is truly a bitch though, given that it's dead-centre within the Realm Of Darkness.

Except in 2 where it was a false one made by Xemnas from hearts slayed by the keyblade. How did he do that? IDK, heart magnet.

>because Minnie decided to throw Pete into the realm of fucking Darkness for causing some slight mischief

It wasn't just some slight mischief, she did it because his outburst towards the trio was the last straw for the town, they didn't mind Pete being a dick to them, but to pick on a bunch of outsiders just because they won a contest YOU tried to rig by being two separate personas and be a sore loser is going too far.

Not to mention the fact that there are like multiple versions of it, from KH1's Door to light, to the one assembled by the Organization, the one at the end of Birth by Sleep was a special one in that it was summoned specifically to help create the X-Blade and was not the true one. As far as I'm concerned, the actual Kingdom Hearts was the one created during the Keyblade war. Just some massive conglomeration of power born from millions of magic warriors killing eachother due to the fear that one side was evil

Yeah, right...
>Door to light opens
Oh my Darkness

>wanted to destroy the world to see what would happen

Couldn't just meet in the middle ground and have goofy?

This. It's made very apparent to the player that they hold this festival in high regard, throwing it even when the king isn't around. Terra, Ven and Aqua were guest, you don't shit on guest unless you have a good reason too, not only that but some people DID vote for Pete and he outright stated he didn't care all because he didn't win, proving their faith in him was just BS, all this leads to a rightfully angry Queen Minnie.

Yep, ol' baldy is a curious kitty, but like they say, curiosity killed the cat.

>It is I, Ansem, the seeker of darkness!
>Well gosh Ansem, why y'all gotta do all this bad stuff, hyuck.
I'll admit, I might play that.

Xehanort is basically the embodiment of insatiable curiosity.

What I want to know is why the fuck Triton knows about keyblade wielders, the one disney character that knows that isnt traveling through worlds, he's a fucking anomaly. I thought BbS would reveal this due to being a prequel and mermaid Aqua

but no, no Atlantica. Why does he know dammit?

Dropped plot point, might as well forget everything important from KH1 because every subsequent game certainly does bar DDD. I always figured it was because he was king and royalty is somehow always privy to that kind of stuff, we never meet the Sultan of Agrabah and the Queen of Hearts is a fucking loon.

The Trident is the item that activates Atlantica's Keyhole, so he probably inherited some information on the Keyblade War and what it might mean for his world when he became King.

In a perfect world post-kh3 games will be more like kh1 in terms of Disney world's actually having plot.

Kingdom Hearts lore sounds like the worst of Japanese style story telling. Like a complete fucking mess. Christ how can you people like this?

Gameplay, it's fun to play and level up and just turn Sora into a fucking power house.

we played it

They said they want to do that with KH3, like how the Toy Story world will be exploring the connection between toys and the children who play with them.

She rarely is anything but a troublesome antagonist who nags the hell out of Donald, or a (lets face it, redundant) reason to feud with Gladstone. There are some stories where she isn't and actually contributes positively, but they're few and far between, to the point where a small harem of alternative love interests turn up all over the Euro comic scene.

but those were some kickass set pieces though
and we want more of these set pieces
since the OC anime stuff isn't that interesting

then why not just play FF or any other JRPG series?

>donaldfag this jealous

Of course Mickey is stronger than Donald in a fight, he always has been

it i though. the kh3 worlds have thematic reasons for the villains to be there at least

I swear Kingdom Hearts started feeling like a Bleach knock off, but even more convoluted.

>is why the fuck Triton knows about keyblade wielders,

Triton's a god.

Dude's probably been around long enough to see the Keyblade War.

I don't see how it's a dropped plot point since that's the first time we hear about the Keyblade being a morally neutral or even dangerous force rather then just a Special Chosen One weapon.

But that's what I like about it.

Make Mickey say double hecking damn in the next game. Make him a swear.

Kingdom Hearts is not canon, user. It even has Scrooge with a blue jacket: that's like the first sign of not caring about your source material.

Scrooge wears red. RED.

The comics arent canon. The cartoons are.

Kingdom Hearts, at its core, started as "Square makes a Disney movie" and its OCs were for the most part, Square's takes on Disney archetypes of heroes, princesses, and hammy card carrying villains. And the worlds and Disney characters actually complimented the story reasonably well.

Then the Organization came in and the series shifted into its bad shonen anime state, though Birth By Sleep actually managed to feel like a return to form in making the Disney worlds work into the character arcs of the trio and Master Xehanort being the most gloriously hammy villain the series ever had.

>disney has to shoehorn it's own corporate mascot

LOOOOOOOOOOL