Are we at a point where we can admit that the first hour of this was actually pretty good...

Are we at a point where we can admit that the first hour of this was actually pretty good? The movie felt very grounded which is a nice feel for Marvel, and refreshing compared to the MCU. The second half sucked, Doom sucked, but this wasn't Catwoman or Daredevil, it's just a not good movie in a time with a lot of good movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OZY_Eno8GE
youtube.com/watch?v=vGTZfFzIMyo
youtube.com/watch?v=L6ce7oWrYfk
youtube.com/watch?v=ziomZ9LvlwI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The movie felt very grounded which is a nice feel for Marvel

It really is. One of the big draws for marvel in the sixties is that it felt like superheroes in the real world. Peter Parker lived with his aunt in an apartment. Tony Stark was an arms dealing businessman. It wasn't always just magic disguised with technobabble. Even the cosmic stuff felt relatively grounded.

Only good part of this was the end credits music and the "Body horror" inspired transformation sequence where the Fant4stic get their powers.

Everything else can be thrown away, didn't act to the movie anything good or at least new that wasn't shown on the FF adaptations before

AN ENTIRE PILE OF SHIT

I don't disagree. The first half of the movie was completely inoffensive and did a decent job introducing all the main characters. The only one that felt obviously out of place was Ben and they did fuck all to elaborate on his intense friendship with Reed. They hinted at it, but could have done more.

I might be in the minority on this one, but I felt the biggest issue with the movie is that it is way to short. It clocks in at 100 minutes and doesn't feel close to being a complete movie. When it ended, I was in genuine shock because I felt like nothing happened. Some super hero stories work better with a dark angle and introducing body horror to superheroes is genius, having it be associated with Marvel's Fantastic Family is a travesty.

I think this is more on point. It really felt incomplete and I doubt it was studio meddling since it didn't feel like any threads were really fully thought out. Ben is a good point but another problem I have is the casting for Reed and for Sue. I would have preferred they go all in and go ahead and make Sue also African-American or explain it better. I mean the DCW Flash did it better in their pilot episode for the tv show and it took up very little of the 40 odd minutes there.

I don't feel like it was too short, but I think the main problem was that after Reed meets Sue in the library they effective stop trying to develop dynamics.

It really feels like they should have more closely adapted ultimate FF. Ben and Reed's friendship is more expounded upon and adds to the story.

Personally I enjoyed the first fantastic four movie. I thought it was fun and entertaining

I think my biggest problem with this movie is the same problem I have with Suicide Squad. I don't care about any of the characters and what happens to them. They're so dull, so boring, and so flat.

It was unbelievably boring. Felt like an eternity of them just hanging out in a warehouse.

It really, REALLY wasn't, user. Character relations are either forced as fuck or nonexistent in this movie. Reminder that Ben and Sue don't even speak to one another in this film

>but I think the main problem was that after Reed meets Sue in the library they effective stop trying to develop dynamics.
That is definitely one of my major gripes. They all have really good chemistry with one another but it seems like that was less of a concern than making the movie it's own unique creation.

>It really feels like they should have more closely adapted ultimate FF.
It would be such an obvious storytelling move. The first couple arcs would be genius for adaptation and the Reed/Ben relationship to be at the forefront. And the first F4 movie was straight up fun. Not great, but infinitely better than the dried up turd of movie we got.

they should go full black with a black sue too
man I love kate mara but she deserve a better role, maybe as a MCU mutant

There was so much bullshit in this movie its hard not to go on a rant about every little thing. But I can think of 2 things that come to mind
>Team is asshurt that they don't get to go to the other dimension, because fuck astronauts
What kind of self-centered bullshit is this? Of course they would train astronauts for this mission. They have this weak reasoning saying "Everyone remembers Buzz Aldrin but not the engineers who put him on the moon" so they get drunk and just go on a unsupervised mission because fuck you? If you built a machine that makes interdimensional travel possible, I'm pretty damn sure you're getting a credit in the history books.
>Sue gets powers despite only being next to the machine.
That entire shockwave hits a city block, and yet Sue is the only one to get powers outside the team who were in the tubes?

The absolute shitstorm from the leaked doom image, casting black johnny and Josh Trank's Sup Forums rant was easily more entertaining than the actual movie.

I'm sure it would not have made the movie any better, but that leaked set photo of the Fantasti-Car hopefully was paired with the dialogue from UFF.

The info that leaked on here, the shitstorm behind the production, and the infamous tweet made by Trank, were all great. I'd love to see a documentary of this film

>OP is so asshurt over the MCU he's taken to defending the worst superhero movie ever made
Mediocre bait, 5/10.

>The absolute shitstorm from the leaked doom image, casting black johnny and Josh Trank's Sup Forums rant was easily more entertaining than the actual movie.

Yeah, every month since that one Louisana forum talked about problems on set happened, I kept checking in to see what crazy thing turns up. Like one moment they were doing damage control by saying fans were only upset over the casting of MBJ as Johnny Storm, and then the next thing you know, a guy from the special effects team posts on Sup Forums to talk about the early drafts and how things got so bad that they can't really fix effects unless they're paid more, and then Trank shows up.

The way "Dr Doom" is only ever said by off screen voices is possibly funnier than Kate Mara's ridiculous wig

The whole "he's Victor Domashev and a edgy dipshit hacker" thing went down THAT badly

Well this is what happens when you give a big project to a director with only one mediocre movie under his belt

>Are we at a point where we can admit that the first hour of this was actually pretty good?

I don't know about Sup Forums admitting it but maybe you can get Sup Forums to admit it.

I hated the whole thing honestly.

To be fair, that's completely normal. Look at the Russo's resumes before they became Marvel's golden boys.

Trank's just a reminder that you can't win 'em all.

Or make Johnny white, like he was in the comics.

The director didn't like Sue's actress so he tried to have her on screen as little as possible. This ruined all her relationships.

The Russos had a lot of TV, two movies and two short films under their belt though.

Trank had what, one film? Maybe some of the short films he did before that, but do those count?

Don't forget that Ben Grimm's catchphrase "It's Clobbering Time" originates from his abusive older brother who says it before beating up a young Ben.

That was overblown.

It was barely a dope slap

Looking at Wiki and Trank has five episodes of The Kill Point and Chronicle as his directing credits.

if you go in to this movie with the mindset its different from the comics its actually pretty damn good

One of those movies that takes you to reevaluate your life. You can say that reading comics, watching movies, watching animation, playing video games, lurking the internet, etc. are wasted time. But this movie felt like a shit in the face from the companies that made it. You literally paid for them to defecate you in the face. And even if you didn't pay for it, you can still feel the smell of what they made you eat knowing that they are doing it on purpose.

>I'd love to see a documentary of this film
This is about as close as we're gonna get at the moment
youtube.com/watch?v=0OZY_Eno8GE
youtube.com/watch?v=vGTZfFzIMyo
youtube.com/watch?v=L6ce7oWrYfk
youtube.com/watch?v=ziomZ9LvlwI

Hi Josh, how's the greeter job at Walmart going?

>Are we at a point where we can admit that the first hour of this was actually pretty good?

No.