Well it's official riseofthetmnt has 11 min long episodes

youtube.com/watch?v=kWh2_RFAPZo

pure utter garbage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q3jQ7-gZQ1Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Worst case scenario this is Teen Titans Go Turtles.

Hope it gets cancelled before it airs.

Maybe they won't have Casey or Karai in it?
Maybe it won't be that bad and we can pretend it doesn't exist?

How come toy-based cartoons are dying off?

>making an action cartoon
AND WE THOUGHT IT COULDNT GET ANY WORSE
Companies are too cheap and new blood is too untrained to handle 30 min shows. Im not shitting you

So are cartoons becoming this short from cutting costs, or because they think kids lack the attention span for a 30 min long episode?

Why did even kill 2012 TMNT?

They had an actual chance of making a TMNT cartoon where the turtles grow up to adulthood but they fucked it up after Shredder was killed.

11 minutes is the new standard

It's a combo of slashed budgets and shorter attention spans of kids.

youtube.com/watch?v=q3jQ7-gZQ1Q

is gonna suck.

best case scenario it's Sonic Boom

You were like this when the 2012 Turtles showed up
You were like this when the Michael Bay turtles appeared
TMNT has been through worse, just don't pay attention to it.

>11 Minute action show
The only time I've seen it work is the Star Force Megaman anime, because the first episode simply segways immediately into the next.

there was a star force anime?

Does Mikey have a yoyo attached to his nunchucks?

It is possible that it could be as good as Sonic Boom, or possible that it's as bad as PPG 2016, but I imagine it'll be closer to Be Cool Scooby Doo. A few decent chuckles an episode, and doesn't stray too far from the franchise's original formula, thought like BCSD that can still get it hate because it comes right after such a popular, liked version of the franchise.

no I wasn't I was one of the few who accepted the changes and gave both of them a chance before criticizing it like everyone else. the only different is that the MB movies sucked. I was actually excited for this until I heard the 11 minute episode announcement. Now it's doomed to suck.

You are being too optimistic.

>Origami Foot Ninjas
>Made of origami paper

LOL, what?

Have we seriously reached the point where nostalgiafags are sad that modern cartoons aren't trying to sell them something?

Well I was fine with it, I don't want the same rehashed ideas over and over again. But making it into 11 min just means they are not even trying.

I’m more upset that Raph is the leader while Leo is just a joke.

Yin Yang Yo was more of a comedy-action than an action-comedy, but eleven minute episodes worked for it. Mainly because they weren't afraid to have several 22 minute episodes per season when they wanted to focus more on the plot.

oh...this is bad...oh well all things turn to shit eventually.

Hey, it worked for Justice League Action.

I should have listened to everyone and realized that this was going to be garbage from the start.

Justice League Action sucks. it spends no time on character or

You either die a good franchise. Or live long enough to see yourself get a JUST reboot.

In TMNT's defense, they've recovered from a 5th TMNT

they can recover from this

Kids don't want toys anymore, they want apps.

NO SHREDDER?!

April as Bebops younger sister is weird.

there's no character to spend time on

that's what happens when your incompetent company makes nothing but boring, uninteresting, overpowered, unrelatable gods

>I don't know a thing about Big 2 comics so I just say what I hear.
Why waste time posting this as if you aren't just talking out of your ass?

>TMNT Go

>Acting like it's a bad thing
The next generation of kids might not even get any action figures of their favorite shows at all.
>inb4 but all kids are addicted to smartphones hurr durr

MOdern kids watch TT Go, Logan Paul and shitpost on VRchat

TTG is taking essentially the same characters from TT and making a comedy based series around it.

Rise of the TMNT seems more like NuBen 10. It's trying something different, and it definitely looks different, but it probably won't hold up and it will definitely be held down by the 11 minute runtime.

Maybe Casey's the news reporter who meets the Turtles

I mean are they going to de-age him again? Maybe we can have ten year old Casey running around playing pee-wee football and he can have a crush on 12 year old Karai who's his friend's big sister and also behind closed doors, the turtles dreaded enemy!

I seriously want this ride to end

Creators are probably those edgy kids that liked Raph cause he was cool but crude and Leo had no personality. That doesn’t mean “make Raph the star” is a good idea.

Is it a surprise though? Most people can’t even watch a 15 minute YouTube video. Individuals attention spans have become ridiculously short.

worked well for the 2012 series.

Donnie's a softshell turtle? please tell me his backpack is his robot waifu. "No shredder at this point" but we have a lieutenant and there named foot ninja? whose voicing meat sweat and the lieutenant? didn't we get a pic of baron draxums design?

We go through the next mutation, we'll get through this

It works for Justice League Action but that show has zero overarching plot and the whole appeal is honestly just getting to see lesser known DC characters.

It's good at what it aims to do.

I'm sorry your "son" won't have the right dolls to play with, user. Truly a tragedy.

Why is April Black and her signature Yellow clothes, green?

black likely cause creaters felt muh diversity and green I have no idea
people wouldn't have had a better excuse if she at least looked like april

Does the art remind anyone else of that "edgy" loonytunes show who's name I forget.

On a different subject I want to binge watch Nick TMNT show since I've only seen bits and pieces of various episodes. Yay or Nay?

>Donnie's head
Es El Hermano!

To go with the other character's green and yellow color scheme.

>Raph is the leader
>He's overly bulky compared to his brothers

tmnt 87 was 11 minute episodes

ooh

That's lame I mean I don't really mind change April's race ( I mean her being a redhead is pretty iconic but whatever) but changing her iconic yellow clothes to green and yellow is pretty shit. Why call her April at all if she doesn't resemble the old character(s) also why is Ralph the leader? This is Thundercats all over again

>He's the leader of the bunch
>You know him well
>And now he's back
>To raise some shell
>Burma-Shave

>ost people can’t even watch a 15 minute YouTube video
This is wrong though.

Here's Meat Sweats and that Foot lieutenant dude.

Fuck off faggot, you and i both know thats bullshit and kids still buy toys

Hey hey bud I don't mean to alarm you but your foreheads on fire.

TTG is better than Sonic

Loonatics?

Yeah, only got to the Second game arc, though. Shame because Third game has best story and designs.

>another """action""" show that's 11 minutes

Serioulsy, who did they hire for the designs?

toymakers, aka people with no artistic backgrounds who usually come from marketing department.

You know, I always wondered something:

What's the difference between 11 minute shows like this or TTG? And the difference between shows like the 90s Nicktoons or the output Hanna-Barbara put out during the 70s-80s that had two 11-minute stories paired together.

Is it because the latter did just that? Pair two 11-minute stories together? Because honestly, I don't see much of a difference. You could easilly do the same with TTG with just some slight modifications and likewise split an episode of Rugrats or The Smurfs with a slight modification or two.

board people that think focus groups are less important than their personal feelings, so if the marketing veterans don't like cartoons that means they are too long.

is this flash animation?

TTG's a gagshow with little to no continuity, throwing in self-deprecating jokes, insults to older fans and lots of DC -related fanservice.

AT, SU and a couple of others are banking on having a semi-continuity, being a SoL or mini action series, having bouts of special lore episodes and so on. The problem with these is that whenever they try to be serious it becomes too rushed even for their 20 minute two-parters.

Nothing really. Its not even different from half hour live action television, the only difference is they normally do an A and B plot that may or may not intersect, where as an 11 minute cartoon will just have an A plot.

And of the 80s-90s shows that had 11 minute segments? Do they have the same flaws too?

>80s-90s shows that had 11 minute segments
list them.

They usually weren't too worried about continuity. Or as a kid I wasn't. Or I only watch those shows NOW for the continuity.

Come to think of it continuity in kids' shows kind of sucks in general, just because they don't set their own schedule and syndication means they don't get a good chance to sit down and watch everything in order. Its basically whenever you catch it.

Make the team hot head who's know for rushing in without a plan or trying to solo everyone he fights the leader either they don't know first shit about tmnt or the lead is a Ralphfan.

You know it is.

Honestly, I don't think its a bad switch up. For once it means Raph has to take responsibility for his brashness, and Leo can get some development outside of his interactions with his brothers. I mean Leo now gets a chance to just start challenging people to duels for fun, and Raph can get in to conflict with Donny and Miky instead of them turning to Leo to back them up.

>Come to think of it continuity in kids' shows kind of sucks in general
Just fuck off, retard.

They were usually 2-stories paired together but:
- plenty of Hanna Barbara's 70s-90s shows like Captain Caveman, Smurfs, 2 Stupid Dogs, PPG, Popeye and Son (plus the 70s Popeye cartoon)
- Ruby Spears' Superman
- DiC's Super Mario cartoons, the "Slimer!" segments of RGB and Heathcliff. Plus SatAm season 2 had two episodes like this.
- Most 90s NickToons like Rugrats, Rocko, Angry Beavers, SpongeBob, Doug and R&S
- Some Disney shows, like 101 Dalmatians, Recess and The Weekenders.
- Even 2000s shows like Duck Dodgers, EEnE and KND did this.

There were many, and as I said before, many of these could just be released individually and no one would be the wiser. Hell, SpongeBob treats its individual stories as separate despite pairing them together.

Tell me more on being untrained? Sounds interesting.

>80-90
>list 60's 70's and 00's
>spongebob that started in July 1999
Stay focused goddamn

>I wasn't interested in tnmt before but then they threw a nigger girl into it and nowmy tiny little monkey brain no longer fears the show on a primal level so I will watch
Is this how executives think black people think ?

It's not so much the runtime, but the pacing. With older shows, you were getting complete stories aired back to back, the second sometimes even referencing the first. Even comedy shows like Garfield and Friends managed this, so they seemed more densely packed then they actually were.

With newer shows, there's a visible lack of storytelling ability even though they're storyboard driven. Jokes run at a faster clip, scenes manage to drag on to fill time (!), there's just an less cohesive presentation overall. They feel less like self-contained episodes and more like an assortment of Youtube clips.

thanks. not worth a watch

american 2d animation is completely dead

Not an argument.

I mean you could at least have said something about streaming making entire story arcs easily available and digestible, but that's a matter of how individual households consume media. We're already seeing a paradigm shift with a number of channels, where the focus isn't on programming a schedule, its on just replaying shit like Shark Tank or Law and Order or whatever. That's basically a distinction we're going to see from here on out, and sadly it detracts from content either way.

Non-continuity based media gets designed solely to provide background noise/entertainment and keep the channel from changing. Continuity based stuff will head directly to streaming services, where the focus is on arcs and creators can get away with making slow, plodding stories because they are written for binging, which lowers quality because when you're not dealing with time constraints you don't have to evaluate which scenes are really important or not.

>all those LESS THAN 20 MINS IS CANCER REEEEEEE FUCK MODERN ANIMATION!!!!
None of you kids remember how many flagship cartoons used to be 5-6 min and 11 mins shorts in the 90s?

they werent flash trash

low attention span today's media and internet induced.

so much words.
so little to say.
Let's be honest. you believe a line of your garbage, you need medical help. plain and simple.

Retard

Since you're a retard who can't understand a basic fucking sentence i'll parse it for you
>PEOPLE WATCH TV DIFFERENT
>CHANNELS FOR ONE SHOW REPEATS
>STREAMING FOR STORY SHIT
>CONTINUITY BINGING MEAN NO CHEKHOV GUN
>NO CONTINUITY MEAN NO CHANGE IN FORMULA OR STYLE
In short
>NEW SHIT NEVER FUCKING DEVELOPS, WRITERS/DIRECTORS HAVE NO PUSH TO IMPROVE

>le "attention span" maymay
People click off and change the channel faster because the shit's boring and we have an overabundance of entertainment where they may find something good, not because they've been hopped up on caffeinated soy or whatever the fuck you think happened.

>pitched a show
>they say upfront that its ten minutes max
>think about how I could still tell the stories I want to tell in that timeslot
>realize I don't have to cut down on content, just have to find more interesting ways to work with the economy of storytelling

Honestly, there's actually quite a lot you can do to make even five minutes feel longer than that, and its actually fun to challenge yourself to make every second count and be engaging. Contrary to what most artists want, a long runtime is actually very difficult to manage and often feels worse because of lack of content. You know those oldschool three hour mega epic movies they used to make? Yeah, those were cut DOWN from longer footage. Movie making is cutting life down to the interesting stuff.

What I'm saying is, don't knock it. If they can make it engaging, a shorter runtime that feels a little brief and cut down is better than a padded out one you want to skip through.

Because toys are more expensive than a smart phone

Some of the people from Samurai Jack.

Why would kids want toys when their parents give them tablets and smart phones