Do you agree that as long as the character is recognizable then it is on model...

Do you agree that as long as the character is recognizable then it is on model? Do you agree that sloppy design and animation makes a cartoon cute and quaint? Do you like Ian's art style?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=72JW4S1_exI
kanzenshuu.com/animation-styles/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ian style change but at least things are consistent, it don't affect the story

The characters are always the same height and there is no scenes like the ones in SU where Steven is not tall enough to reach an object he could get 10 episodes before

Give it up OP

No, no and no.

Sort of, but not really.
Yes.
Not really, but sort of.

Huh?

No, not really but im gonna watch that shit anyway,yes. Also we had this thread yesterday.

Do you have an archive link? I'd like to read it.

>someone from OK K.O. who doesn't have cankles
I'm impressed.

That pinata is a 1:1 replica if we're going by "it's recognizable" standards.

Shit, he looks way better since he left Sugar.

What's under your hair, doctor?

OKKO is a speshul case, let it go.

>Do you agree that as long as the character is recognizable then it is on model?
No. Sounds like an excuse for poor management and an art team with no cohesion.
>Do you agree that sloppy design and animation makes a cartoon cute and quaint?
Yes, Superjail was amazing.
>Do you like Ian's art style?
Yes, RPG World was the shit when I was a teeanger.

Definitely would, desu

Even the cheapest anime series can stay on model. If you want to be respected, don't go off model.

OK KO goes out of its way to include unique drawings

i cant believe there are seriously people who consider boring tween stuff like Loud House or Pony Show to be "good animation".

i personally prefer on-model animation but i will take imperfection over sterility every time

Who cares? All that matters is I can enjoy the show.

Well, for example. Krillin from Dragonball constantly shifts form. But as long as he's shorter than Goku, no one really cares. There's limits to this of course and it really all depends on how grounded in reality you want your series to feel.

No, no and no

>Do you agree that as long as the character is recognizable then it is on model?
To an extent, yes. Obviously there are plenty of counterpoints with exaggerated or offputting models not used in the context of a joke/dynamic action scene.
>Do you agree that sloppy design and animation makes a cartoon cute and quaint?
To an extent, yes. There were plenty of criticism for Ed Edd n' Eddy's style back when it was airing. Teen Titans also received criticism for its anime-esque reaction faces. I enjoyed both series for its quirks or simply didn't mind, as a kid. The same goes for OK KO, though there were a few instances in early episodes where Mr. Gar just looked fucking wack. I hope they never slip back into that particular style for him.
Yes.

I see. Then jerk off to your trash anime in Sup Forums.

Those aren't tween shows. Tween shows are the likes of WITCH

>Yes, Superjail was amazing.

Superjail was not fucking sloppy dude, are you high?

No one is criticizing minor mistakes in flashy dynamic scenes, prick. Almost every example of what people are mad about is from some boring scene where the characters are standing talking to each other but they're inexplicably the complete wrong size or with garbage proportions.

youtube.com/watch?v=72JW4S1_exI
Detailed stuff, but I guess it kinda gives off a 'sloppy' vibe? Maybe I'm wrong.

OP is trying to force bad argument

but doesn't that just mean they devoted less time for quality checks in what would be perceived as a "boring scene". That happens quite a bit in anime where corners are cut as often as possible until there's a few seconds in an episode devoted to high quality animation.

What do you mean I'm trying to force a bad argument?

>people are mad about is from some boring scene where the characters are standing talking to each other

people are mad about BORING TALKING SCENES?

who the fuck cares about that shit, if anything i want weird drawings during boring scenes to spice things up

>is on model?
nyet
>cute and quaint
nyet
da

ye. There a thread just before this one. I guess they're still thirsty.

I get what you're trying to say but people were using the word "sloppy" in this context to refer to the SU and OKKO animators being fucking lazy and going off model in dumb ways that make no sense. Superjail had fucking amazing animation that the animators worked hard at and only went off-model purposely for the benefit of a scene.

I would be okay with this kind of stuff if the OK K.O. characters were actually difficult to draw. Western animation characters tend to be made out of basic shapes so that they're easier to draw for the animators over and over again, but somehow the professional "artists" on this show can't get it right.

Fuck off Ian.

No, dipshit, nothing this bad happens in any anime that people actually watch.

if this is the kind of thing that rustles your jimmies you should get a fucking life, who cares about this shit

Yeah man I get what you mean, I want everything to look as shitty and retarded as possible at all times, because that's more fun to watch...??

>Fuck off Ian.

durr if this person disgrees with me it's da creator

you fuck off. I get to like what I like, your opinion sucks

OP here, I didn't even know there was a thread about this before. Do you have a link to it?

>show sucks
so... don't watch it. Yes, it's obviously mismatchy with the proportions, but this show is so blatantly upfront about it I can hardly consider it an issue.

These sorts of shows are clearly in the minority and generally produced by CN, probably as a cost-saving measure. Watch literally anything else outside of CN, my friend.

what the fuck is that image.

>because that's more fun to watch...??
it is tho, unless you genuinely like when conversations look like pic related

I would beg to differ with early Dragon Ball Super and early Sailor Moon Crystal.
>that people actually watch
well there you have it. Nobody talks about the shitty anime and only parade around with only the very best ones. Why can't you treat western animation the same and just jerk off to Disney/Pixar?

that looked pretty cool, does this show have frequent action scenes? or does it consist mostly of talking?

it's action comedy. There's generally at least one okay-ish action scene per epsiode. Why are you in this thread if you haven't seen the show?

Design isn't sloppy, the animation is although by intent which is what makes it good.
Sometimes you really CAN pretend to be retarded.

because it's the first one i saw

yeah theres about one action scene or fight every episode. it's fun and the fights are usually pretty goofy

Wow so the only two choices possible in the world are standing still talking while being on-model or standing still talking while being off-model and looking like fucking dogshit? Could have sworn I watched a lot of cartoons where the talking scenes involved emoting and were interesting to watch without going off-model like it was drawn by a fucking retarded chimpanzee, maybe I'm delusional.

>I would beg to differ with early Dragon Ball Super and early Sailor Moon Crystal.

Shit with an established audience that can be phoned in without affecting ratings doesn't count.

>well there you have it. Nobody talks about the shitty anime and only parade around with only the very best ones. Why can't you treat western animation the same and just jerk off to Disney/Pixar?

So you agree that OKKO is shitty? Wtf are you doing in this thread defending it then?

Technically this thread isn't supposed to be about OK K.O.. Just whether people agree with what was posted in the OP.

NOTHING about Superjail is sloppy. Those people worked hard at animating it and were good at their jobs. You are retarded.

OK KO is my guilty pleasure. I like the show like a retarded puppy who does cute shit. Would you defend your retarded puppy if people constantly walked by and tried to make fun of it?

No I would not defend it in fact I would join them in roasting the stupid thing.

>Could have sworn I watched a lot of cartoons where the talking scenes involved emoting and were interesting to watch without going off-model

Which cartoon has that? could you give a name?

It depends if you show your retarded puppy off in order to entertain people.

Right, just like how the animators on Steven Universe work hard at keeping them on model.
Stop being a butthurt soyboy.

ah, we're resorting to memes and insults now.

top kek, bro. You're a funny guy.

I personally want a mix of the loose, cartoony style mixed with some basic guidelines so that the characters aren't constantly changing, but still not too perfect or exact.

it's only okay when serialized comic books have changes in character models and/or art style

This right here. I remember when everyone used to make fun of this show for being so bland in its presentation, but once OK KO hit everyone has been shitting on it for going off model. Yes, let's just ignore the fact that the off-model philosphy makes conversation scenes more fun because you literally never know what faces or poses they will make. Likewise, I feel the action scenes are helped because the simple designs and ability to go off model allow the show to throw in a surprising amount of actually decent fight scenes, far more than any other 11 minute comedy I've ever seen.

>calls someone retarded
>surprised when he gets insulted
I can see why you think Superjail is top tier in aesthetics

For the first part- Yes. As long as I know who it's supposed to be, I'll accept it as that character.

As for the second point- No. There's a considerable difference between someone's personal style (which is unavoidable), and being completely lazy at your job. Steven Universe is the most often noted example here, but also stuff like R&S or most other 80s and 90s cartoons like G1, TTA/A!, TMNT '87 or The Real Ghostbusters are also very good examples to this rule. They all have multiple teams behind them (the understandable part) but there's plenty of cases where they drop the fucking ball with the animation quality (the less than acceptable part).

As for point 3- I'm not too familiar with Ian's style, so no comment.

Not him but there's plenty of examples, i say Courage the Cowardly Dog or KND if i have to give any names

>always the same height
Mr. Logic would like to have a word with you

>those frame before the leg passes
Why

Superjail is produced by the same studio as OK KO and has similar artistic sensibilities. Both shows have great animation, Superjail just had 10 episode seasons as opposed to the 40+ episodes per season OK KO has, so naturally they had more time to put effort into their animation. But Superjail was very sloppy. The whole point of the style was that it was supposed to look like doodles from a high schooler's notebook come to life, and OK KO seems to follow a similar idea where it looks like a child's drawings come to life. Both succeed at what they attempt to accomplish artistically.

the action is hit and miss, it honestly depends on who's boarding, but there's a good amount of them

>OK KO seems to follow a similar idea where it looks like a child's drawings come to life.
>looks like a child's drawings
Or in other words Ian's average skills in drawing.

Simple or rough isn't the same as sloppy you retard

I wouldn't lie and say that it isn't retarded to begin with. Just because you like something doesn't mean you have to go around defending its honour, people can have different opinions to you and just in general there's no rule saying that everything you like is good or that you're only allowed to like good things.

Kek

you had this thread yesterday and it was boring then too, just give up already

You do realize that posting the same picture does not make me the same person Mr. Salt?

get a life omelettecounty

You people complaining all the time are probably just jaded adults who forgot what it was like to actually be a kid. He is very clearly a talented artist, and you'd have to be an actual autist to think otherwise. Just because he chooses to focus on simple designs for his television shows doesn't mean he isn't talented. Have you fuckers ever considered that it might be fun for kids, the actual target audience, to see characters that they can be inspired to draw? When I was a kid I used to try to draw more complex characters like Optimus Prime and I sucked so much ass. Must be fun for kids to look at KO and think "I wanna draw that" and even if their drawing looks kind of like ass, it could pass on the show proper. It is encouraging, and frankly I don't see a point in crying about something that is supposed to be charming and fun.

>who cares if it looks like shit if children can easily draw it
This has to be the most retarded excuse I've ever heard.
>and even if their drawing looks kind of like ass, it could pass on the show proper.
Top fucking kek.

Are to dense or something?
He is right you double nigger

>Are to dense
No, but you clearly are.

same old complaints that nobody cares about.

could any of you guys explain to me how you can stand to look at the work of fanartists that all differs from artist to artist if not being on-model bothers you so much?

>does this show have frequent action scenes?
You get maybe 1-2 seconds of something like in that gif each episode. The rest is just talking and/or "lore" building

Lore building? More like bore building.

Hold up your image is bullshit. Left to right
>Low ground perspective angle shot
>Chapter face page pose standing further behind a tall character with one set of clothes
>Chapter face page pose standing slightly closer to a short character with different clothes
Also that 6 days later thing you posted is in-universe, when in reality it's been nearly a year since the first Namek example you used was drawn. Toriyama's art style was changing and he's had his hands full on non-Dragon Ball material at the time. For you to use that as an example of Krillin being on model would be like comparing Saiyan Saga Goku with Buu Saga Goku. It's loaded and misleading as to what would actually constitute as an on model character.

>Toriyama's art style was changing and he's had his hands full on non-Dragon Ball material at the time.
you mean a change in artist meant a change in style, just like OK KO? HOLY SHIT

>for example. Krillin from Dragonball constantly shifts form. But as long as he's shorter than Goku, no one really cares
If you think the height is all that matters then you're retarded.
kanzenshuu.com/animation-styles/
That article is also super relevant to the OP btw.
>Before we can truly discuss and compare animation quality, we must first discuss the term “on model”. This term is sometimes carelessly thrown around, but what does it truly mean and in what applications is it truly appropriate. Essentially, the term “on model” refers to how accurately the animation reflects the character model designs set forth by the character designer.

>No u
kys

it's not that they're fucking up, it's that the two artists have very different styles: the one on the left (Geneva Hodgson) has a very simplistic cutesy style, while the one on the right (Mira Ong Chua) has a more anime esque style with more "realistic" proportions.
they've been recently reshuffled with another team (Ryann Shannon and Parker Simmons; whose styles didn't really clash with each other as much), resulting in a pair of boarder combos (Geneva/Ryann, Mira/Parker) that clash nowhere nearly as much as Geneva and Mira's did

You first. I'm surprised you haven't died of sodium poisoning yet.