Why Donald Trump Needs To Take A Salary

Unbelievable. They're actually attacking him for NOT taking taxpayer money. Absolutely incredible.

archive.is/aFE78

>It is anything but a sacrifice. The precedent of insisting that the president accept a salary—not in his interest, but in the public interest—is as old as the first Congress, even older. The American framers considered payment of the presidential salary an important duty under the Constitution, and the principle that moved them then matters just as much as it ever did: It confirms that the president serves the public, and not the other way around. If the Founders’ reasons were good enough to persuade George Washington, our first independently wealthy president, they should be good enough for Donald Trump.

>“$1” is remarkably simple. You can tweet it and still have 138 characters left. Its simplicity is just what makes it, next to a tangled tale of corruption, the clearer story and the easier story. In other words, Trump and his team—if he accepts only $1—already have a convenient narrative that he is too rich, or too selfless, to be corrupt. Guarding against that corruption means defusing that narrative before it takes hold.

>That, in turn, means that you should want Donald Trump to get his $400,000.

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19?recruiter=632817155&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210323/Obama-family-costs-taxpayers-1-4BILLION-year.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For why?

>muh Washington
>muh tradition
>muh public service

a.k.a. wahhhh we're still mad about Trump being elected what can we whine about today

I heard Hitler rode in a plane once. Now DRUMPF takes his private jet everywhere.... coincidence?

Volunteers are literally Hitler.

change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19?recruiter=632817155&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

So they're admitting that Hillary is literally worse than Hitler?

>400000 dollars of taxpayer's dollars going to the president confirms that the president serves the public
kek
seems like the public serves the president

It is kind of his incentive for doing his duty.

I know it isn't much of an incentive to someone who already has that salary hundreds or more times over.

But I still think he should take it in this case.

The presidential salary is something more. I'm not sure if I can explain why though.

>See Donald do something
>Write pseudo-intellectual article telling you why its bad and why he's already the worst president ever
>Submit and collect Cuck-Bucks

What can we do about the Journalist problem?

Actually he is turning down $1.6 million over 4 years. I would turn that down too if I made that in a month like Trump

I think he could really turn this talking point around if he refuses to accept it and instead points to some government action that would bring an actual benefit from taxpayer dollars.

Like, put that $399,999 into infrastructure and have a bridge to show for it. Or into an inner city business loan program like he talked about during the campaign. Something that has an actual impact on people's lives.

He's taking $1, that's something

>What can we do about the Journalist problem?

Have FHRITP guy in every single city?

No really... it would work.

But be warned, you would be engaging in censorship of the press. Left or Right, you may become hated.

>Muh George Washington
Ten bucks says this guy has called Washington an evil racist monster at some point in another article

just donate
big whoop

>“$1” is remarkably simple. You can tweet it and still have 138 characters left. Its simplicity is just what makes it, next to a tangled tale of corruption, the clearer story and the easier story. In other words, Trump and his team—if he accepts only $1—already have a convenient narrative that he is too rich, or too selfless, to be corrupt. Guarding against that corruption means defusing that narrative before it takes hold.

>They're literally angry because it makes it harder for them to smear him as corrupt

Holy shit you can't make this up. They're like a fucking caricature of themselves at this point.

>Trump saves a black child from a burning house

>BREAKING NEWS!!! Donald Trump deprives firefighters of their pay by removing an african american child from a building himself! The child suffered several scraps and bruises as Trump violently yanked the child out from under collapsed debris. The child is now in the emergency room and could have suffered brain damage when Trump was sprinting out the building and bobbing the child's head up and down. Single mother Shanikque Dayjonez came home to find Trump had removed the child from her house and is now intending on pressing charges for kidnapping.

You mean he's not taking a salary like fucking JFK didn't take a salary? Fucking liberals are too fucking stupid to know their OWN history to see how fucking stupid this bitching is.

Not to mention I notice he doesn't bring up how JFK also didn't take a salary.

>gosh I don't want the public to think I'm corrupt
>better pay myself obscene wealth from public money

President and Congress should do it for free. I'd like to see where those lefty brigaders pissed at Congress for raising their salaries instead of being paid minimum wage are at with this.

screenshot this
it will happen

>the Framers

Dis. Re. Garded.

Sup Forums's been on fire with diagnosing media spin lately.

It's almost as if the spell is being lifted.

MAGA

Sooooo Hitler was a pretty cool guy?

What am I supposed to learn here?

>Why you try to make Trump sound bad but wind up making Hitler sound great

Just watched the Daily Cuck, they were also comparing Trump to an African Dictator because he said a bunch of egotistical things.

Amazing, was Obama even ever compared to an african dictator before he was in office?

He should take the pay and send it to me.

These fuckers don't care about tradition, the Constitution or the founding fathers unless it's politically convenient for them.

Hitler was also an artist, creator of the Volkswagen beetle, and was a vegetarian.

You can make anyone look like Hitler now days because Hitler was just a human.

lol, do these faggots even try? Trump already showed he is beholden to the American people by raising millions of dollars directly from supporters. I donated to his campaign (his campaign not the Republicucks)

>hurr durr Hillary would have taken $400,000 from the public but that beholds her to American public despite taking millions from foreigners, and Wall Street, for pay to play.

Holy fuck these people. Mass shootings on White House Lawn of these kinds of cucks, when?

Yes... I like this.

He should donate the yearly $400k to the NRA for maximum liberal butthurt.

Welcome to the next four years.Every decision Tump takes will be the worst possible according to the media. Prepare yourself for many articles like this

Christ, is your doublethink REALLY that strong?

the last 2 governors in my state didn't take the salary, like the donald, they are wealthy

Not gonna Iie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

>Donald Trump SHOULD take his full salary because:
>It confirms that the president serves the public, and not the other way around.

what
how does that make sense.

Start a charity:Guns for poor whites.

Donate the money that enables poor whites who live in bad places to get free guns.

The lols would be massive.

the liberal media certainly is making some strange counter points

All this convoluted reasoning to justify condeming Trump over not taking a salary but they can't comprehend "Shall Not Be Infringed"?

I remember that "Voodoonomics!" picture or whatever, mostly because it was unfunny.

it doesn't hes just a propagandist who will be against trump no matter what

Fantastic

Suddenly now they like the constitution. Yesterday they wanted to abolish the electoral college. I can't stand these fucks much longer.

Maybe they're thinking about his public interest in some absurd way.

A way to seem genuine? That's what they're proposing?

>click link
>ctrl-f "JFK"
>0 results

this is literally how liberals think

Why not pay him a million, then? Or 10 million? Then he'd be even more responsible the the People.

This. I'm perfectly certain that if he hadn't declined his salary they would be calling for him to do so every day because why does a billionaire. And once he did it they would STILL call it a fucking PR stunt and compare him to Hitler.

This
something has to be done about these scumbags
Gawker is the first to go down.

They think they're a step ahead, but they're actually a step in the wrong direction.

They try to weasel out of it by saying that donating all of the money to charity is different. As if the act of taking the salary in the first place is some sort of grand symbolic gesture. Nobody cares. It's just taxpayer-funded charity. Not the worst use of taxpayer money, but not some moral imperative either.

THIS

The man could cure cancer and AIDS and they'd spin it as "Death rate at record lows, this will be a major burden on social security. Is Donald Trump playing god?"

For the next 4 years, they're going to say everything Trump does is wrong. Get used to it. Stop expecting truth from the regular media. Their job is to shill.

Trump's still doing the symbolic gesture by taking $1 though.

>trump turns down a salary
>he's literally hitler

How far will the msm go to keep up the narrative that Trump is evil alive?

This is stupid, trump can fuck the country in the ass or not fuck the country in the ass whether he takes a salary or not. Denying him this one piece of propaganda won't protect anyone from anything.

Trump has kept his narrative that the media are dishonest, and said this in nearly every rally.
Most of his supporters despise the media, if he can gain the support of the libfags even a slight and to redpill them on the media situation, maybe, just maybe, the lugenpresse will go down for the first time in burgerland

Top fucking le kek

Do people not realise that if Hitler wasn't so meth crazed on that eugenics things, he would have been Emporer of the fucking galaxy?

Despite having done some really fucked up shit, Hitler was a goddamn fantastic leader. You have to be to get anywhere near enough power to do what he tried to.

>when the Left got beaten so hard, their mental gymnastics are continuously flipping at 1000 rpms

Welcome to 2008, brah.

>we finally get Hitler 2.0
>he's 70
We have to make this one count

Obama presidency
>of course the first lady should receive her own government salary
>pfft your "tradition" means nothing in modern times
>"she's not the elected president" is a sexist and ignorant reason
Trump presidency
>wow he is spitting on our flag not taking a salary
>it's a tradition

fucking liberals, but you have to hand it to them; they know how to take anything good and spin it into a triggerable event

>muh office of the president of the united states of america
yeah, who cares about that shit? it's all about memes now baby

Make sure to sign up for one of his tremendous jobs when it comes up! (Coloureds need not apply)

If Trump cured cancer these ridiculous publications would slam him for putting doctors out of business.

Laugh at them.

>hitler's playbook

that time hitler rode in a car. now trump is riding in cars. what next!

> First they want me to live in that tiny little White House

> Now they want me to take an actual salary that I have to pay taxes on

> This wasn't a crowning achievement at all... I'VE BEEN DRAFTED!

Drafted to Make America Great Again!

wtf I love hitler now

i would like to see him take it and immediately give it to charity such as veterans affairs.

or BLM. imagine what a shitstorm that would cause.

this would be the best option

Every argument they throw at us makes Hitler seem more and more like he really didnt do anything wrong.

>It confirms that the president serves the public, and not the other way around. If the Founders’ reasons were good enough to persuade George Washington, our first independently wealthy president, they should be good enough for Donald Trump.
WRONG

Washington was persuaded to take a salary because not doing so would set a precedent that the president would have to be wealthy enough to survive without one.

Who isn't wishing for the 90s Trump as president. He had far too much trust in his politicians.

Technically he is taking the salary. He is just donating it to veterans organizations.

>Refusing to take a salary is a propagandistic gesture
>He should take a salary to as a "symbolic" gesture that he's working for the country!

In other news, Freedom is Slavery and Hitler is doubleplusbad.

Meanwhile, at the Ministry of Truth, we attempt to take down (((Goldstein))).

George Washington literally owned black people slaves
now they want trump to be more like George Washington

why is Rob Goodman such a Badman?

They don't want him to set an example.

70 is the new 30

trump is still younger than the emperor of mankind when he first took office

He's taking a salary of one dollar, so he's taking a salary. And he isn't the first president to do so, meaning that this entire argument is ash.

I like the idea some dude had earlier about building a bridge or an education program, something tangible.

Charity isn't tangible enough, and can be too divisive

>We want Trump to take the money so we can call him corrupt.

>libs complain this will shield him from corruption accusations from new outlets
>implying this one thing will deter the media from printing what they want about him

I fucking knew they would do something to make this into a negative, but this is actually impressive. I thought for sure they'd press the "donate to charity button" first though.

They look at it as the public is the employer and the president is the employee getting paid.

>t. wahhhhh Trump is my President wahhh

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210323/Obama-family-costs-taxpayers-1-4BILLION-year.html

Hopefully Trump can lower this bill a bit.

Checked and under budget

>Trump's salary would get almost no attention

FUCKING fuck fuck fucking liars.

>fuck the constitution shit lord. People change (we force them on you)
>but mah founding fathers knew best about something done on principle hundreds of years later!

Its satire but I ain't laughin

Hitler drank water. Everyone drinks water.

Are we all Hitler?

JFK would be an evil Nazi if he ran today

Taking a salary makes you a worker.
Doing it for free makes you a servant.

The government is here to serve the people, not the other way around. Fuck the media.

>ugh, listen to this fucking White male shitlord asking me what I can do for my country instead of just giving me free stuff

>an artist
>creator of the Volkswagen beetle
>and was a vegetarian

or more specifically hipsters with all 3