Yet another TMNT thread

this
let's hope for this
I also fucking HAAAAAAAAAAATE the fact they using some magic-powered weapons.
Turtles always used their cunning skills and just a regular wood/steel weapons. like real ninjas.
Not some retarded "durr hurr magical PURPLE SWORD XDD".
fuck this shit man

I kind of feel that the designers of this trying to do the same as designers of Star Wars - completely throwing away old fans/canons/fanbase. By doing hard as fuck changes (raph is a hulking retard but also a leader, magical weapons, powerful black woman, hamster splinter/etc)
Hope they will fail.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1zTJnjc-Xhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>
>
those are people hoping for the show being not very popular. Or even getting cancelled soon after air

2k3 turtles had magic weapons during a whole season and it wasn't even one of the bad seasons.

I don't understand the weapon changes, at all. They're basically part of their identities, as much as the color coded masks.

How so?

It's always been
>Leo with twin swords
>Mikey with Nunchaku
>Donnie with the staff
>Raph with twin sais
All of which are closely associated with each character, and visual distinctions between them just like their colors. You could also argue each weapon reflects their personality (disciplined, manic, creative, and brutal). This is like if Batman stopped using Batarangs. Of course this isn't the show's biggest problem. They already made Raph the leader for whatever reason. They being different for the sake of being different

I theorize in a matter similar to NuPPG having green lantern powers, the change in weapons exist as a means to diminish violence and reduce the age rating. Tonfa have no points. They can't stab, so when fight scenes occur, the only thing that can do anything beyond batter someone is Leo's sword which I'd bet money has some kind of magic that keeps it from having to cut. Of course, you can't just change one turtles weapon as that's pretty jarring, so you change everyone, just enough.

Teenage Mutant Nerfed Turtles

They're the world's most pleasant hugging team

So Raphael is the leader in this show, is this by any case a refference to the movie song? where they get it wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=1zTJnjc-Xhg

>EVERYTHING HAS TO BE THE SAME ALWAYS WAAAAAA

Pretty sure it's more of Wolverine and the X-Men thing, where the most popular one gets promoted to a spot that doesn't suit them and the minds behind the product not really understanding what made them oh so popular in the first place.

Other than that line, I enjoy that song. Good for montage-feeling workouts. That and most of the Turtle in Time tunes.

>Snapping turtle
>no beak

Fuck this mess

If you're going to keep recycling ideas then you should atleast keep the parts people like.

You know I gotta say despite the circumstances it's great that Sup Forums has been having so many tmnt threads

Ehhhhhhh I mean it wasn't 6 and 7, and it did have good closure but you gotta admit it did have problems

W&Xmen was a good show though, if it had gotten a second season it might have gotten to be a great show

these dubs don't lie

>I kind of feel that the designers of this trying to do the same as designers of Star Wars - completely throwing away old fans/canons/fanbase. By doing hard as fuck changes

No, they just don't care about you. The franchise these days exists primarily to sell toys to little kids, the toys weren't selling enough so they throw out whatever plans and start from scratch, it's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. I don't think enough of the adult Turtles fandom buys toys to warrant being catered to, and even if they do, they would probably just appeal to your nostalgia and sell you toys based on the original comic, cartoon, or movie, and STILL try something new with an unrelated cartoon to try and appeal to the kids now

Whether or not it was, that's the idea. I thought it was just so-so.

Yes but at least the show established that it's weird that logan was leader, and gave a damn good reason why scott couldn't be leader, which this piece of shit isn't doing

Well when you put it that way at least it's not a fucking grappling hook

Yeah, but that was in-show explanation but the reason they actually went that way was because they just wanted to push popular boy. Not sure what justification they'll use for this show, guessing switched identies, but it'll still won't feel right.

yes and what I'm saying is that JUSTIFIES it

As long you get what I'm also saying. I think we can put the matter to rest.

>11 min eps
It's worse than I thought

>Raph: voiced by nig
>Leo: voiced by whitey
>Mikey: voiced by nig
>Donatello: voiced by whitey

What does this mean?

>Nephew: Uncle Ron why did they change the designs? They look totally gay lol

>Me: Eh, give it chance this fall maybe you'll like it

>Nephew: If it sucks you owe me 50 bucks old man!

>Me: Ugh fine, If I'm right you mow my lawn, backyard, and clean my attic for a month

>Nephew: Fucking hell... Okay deal...

I may lose this bet...

agreed

that's also when I just completely gave up on giving this fucking show the benefit of the doubt

cringe

How it is you're the optimistic one is beyond me. I wouldn't make this bet even if I had money to burn. I can't think of one thing that's come out about it that's made me excited. Even kids are rejecting it it would seem.

11 minutes only... Lame!

>TMNT get reduced to side characters barely speaking
>Episodes mostly revolve around April
>April always saves the day
>Main villain is her father

This will be as bad as SONIC X aka Chris X and friend's

I gave TMNT 1980's version a chance after reading the comics before hand and It wasn't half bad. Despite me being pissed before about it being kid friendly.

a bo staff is creative?
sai are brutal?
sai are defensive weapons used for disarming

80s TMNT still respected the team dynamic (Leo the leader) and their tactics (regular weapons). This new series looks more like a TMNT ripoff than anything related to the franchise proper. It's yet another in a long line of modern day subversions and deconstructions.

why couldnt you just say you made a bet without your cringey story, "old man"?

Fair enough, I don't like designs either or making Raph the leader with Tonfa's...but I'll watch it with my nephew this fall when it premieres. I have low expectations but maybe it will surprise us and yourself.

Because I can. Problem little dude?

>W&Xmen was a good show
>this faggot again

stop trying to seem 'hip'

Hip hoppity hip yo mama

That blacks and whites can get along.

A staff requires some sort of thought put into it. Otherwise its just a stick. As for they sais, they never really use them correctly anyone, and Raph just stabs people with them

I though it was called Chris x and friends and knuckles.

I have a general TMNT question unrelated to the show.

Leo has the two skinny shoulder bands on his belt. Don since 2012 has been associated with a wider singular shoulder band. Raph and Mikey still have just two regular belts. Which one ought get a unique belt and how would it be done, the X-shaped shoulder band the old 1987 toy Donatello had?

Raphael, originally, WAS the leader. Waaaaaaay back in the very early history of tmnt. I think it was the 80's toon that changed it to Leo, and it stuck after that. Would be far more surprised if they'd made Mikey or Don leader off the bat.

I don't mind a change like that personally. It opens a door for new kinds of story telling, if they don't go full retard on it and actually give the characters time to develop and grow, not squish it into a bite size chunk of petty sibling slap fights that resolves itself by returning to status quo in 22min. I hate that kind of shit story telling. I just say if you're gonna do it, fucking do it full justice.

On the other hand it's very unwise to cut out and ignore the entire damn origin story.

Looking at you, MICHAEL BAY!!! You stupid dweeb! Lore wrecker!

>actually give the characters time to develop and grow, not squish it into a bite size chunk of petty sibling slap fights that resolves itself by returning to status quo in 22min.

Nope, they've got 11 minutes to resolve everything now!

You want a sai in the eye wise guy- Raph, injustice 2

>Looking at you, MICHAEL BAY!!! You stupid dweeb! Lore wrecker!
If you really want to wreck TMNT lore, give them magical weapons that are completely different from their traditional weapons.

Leo should get Y-shaped bands. Donny gets two vertical bands on either side, making it look more like a tactical harness. Mikey gets a single strap, and Raph goes strapless as usual.

Boom, more unique.

Magic weapons doesn't seem like bad thing, when you think about all the shit that goes on in their universe. All the space stuff, the tech, the actual magic and shit. Its just something better off obtained as an end-of-series upgrade for them. Really garbage way to start off your main characters is with overpowered bullshit. There's no up to climb to after that. After all, for all they become, they're still just weird earthlings who are mostly stuck with what they (or Donnie) can piece together from garbage scraps.

> sai are brutal?
Do you want to ask that to Elektra?

>They're basically part of their identities
Because they are changing their personalities too.

No Leo was always the leader. Like in his first issue he gets the bulk of the Narration. Raphel was also based on on Wolverine the guy who butted heads with the leader. Leo might not have been in the early stages of it's creation but in the actual story he is still the leader.

Where do you think you are?

Look on the bright side, at least they gave him yellow teeth.

Difficult weapon for the retard
Defensive weapon for the hothead
Useless weapon for the smart boy
Angry metal sticks for the best boy

>and it wasn't even one of the bad seasons
That's arguable. The nonsensical plot and rampant reused animation say otherwise. I have no idea why people say Fast Forward is when it came all crashing down, the Ninja Tribunal was already dogshit.