What are your thoughts on superhero brutality, Sup Forums?

What are your thoughts on superhero brutality, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Kaitou_Sentai_Lupinranger_VS_Keisatsu_Sentai_Patranger
youtu.be/5F4v0G_7PNI?t=318
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn, do they sprinkle some crack on their bodies afterwards?

This is eventually going to make an interesting Power Rangers season.

If they ever get to it

Nick forces Saban to split up Power Rangers into 2 seasons over two years.

They skipped Go-Busters for Kyoryuger, they skipped ToQger for Ninninger, they're not even skipping Zyuohger for Kyuranger right now, they're going back and adapting Go-Busters.

#porderlivesmatter

Hence the eventually. That 2-seasons split is fucking ridiculous.

is that a meme or legit translation of the attack, cause those mooks were totally complying to orders.

So wait, they're doing police again?

It might never happen. Once Beast Morphers is over there's gonna be another Sentai series out, which will give them 4 to choose from.The pool of unadapted series is just gonna get bigger and bigger for them to choose from.

Police and thieves.

powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Kaitou_Sentai_Lupinranger_VS_Keisatsu_Sentai_Patranger

Kind of but there's a twist. There's also a Thief Sentai. It's Lupinranger VS Patranger.

Double teams. That's alright.
I should probably binge the last few episodes of Kyuranger and start this then.

It's different. They've got an actual black police chief now.

How long do you think it'll be until we get an actual Non-Japanese full time Ranger and not just stuff like Ramirez?

Monsters dont have souls user, its okay to rougth them up.

Of course! The Patrangers are a professional crime-fighting unit who can fuse with one another to form an even more elite and effective super cop!

I mean that's honestly the biggest distinction between Japanese and American heroes and their villains. If you're a monster you need to be destroyed for the public good, if you're one of the few good monsters they'll have an episode where they become your friend but they have to kill you anyway. If you're a normal person turned into a monster there's no way of turning you back and killing you is a kindness.

No, it's a legit translation.

Man, the last Power Ranger that I saw was Dino Thunder and sometimes want to get back specially if they are the kind that they embrace their sillyness and go off the wall with it like Akibaranger

>make criminals stand in rank and file lines and they do without question
>REFUSAL TO COMPLY STRIKE

His fluency in the language is phenomenal.

>suppression!
>refusal to comply strike

The twist is that they're loose cannon cops...who make their own edges!

>Double teams.
I'm more of a KR dude myself, but have they done two teams before? Because I gotta admit, that sounds kinda interesting.

Oh shit this was Nickelodeon's plan to begin with

Keep going slow as fuck so they can literally pick amd choose what they want

Probably because he's fucking Japanese, user.

There's been a few small teams that later merge into the main team after an episode or two, but this is the first time the series has been the name of two teams.

Guess I might give this a shot then. My favorite KR shows are usually the ones where the Riders have some long standing rivalries.

You must like Build then.

Not him but why is Build so fucking good

How many episodes are they on now anyway?
The last one I watched before I started working on my game backlog was when they revealed Stark as Soichi.

It just keeps amping up like crazy. After the decoy-Showa antics of the first six episodes, it's gotten heavier and madder with each 4-5 chapter arc.

Build's been great so far. Loving the pacing.

Shouldn't take me too long to catch up then.

T-two red rangers?!

Ninninger had 3

Dear God

Hows LvsP now? Is it worth watching?

>they skipped ToQger for Ninninger,
I get that reason though. Train autism isn't as high in America as it's in Japan.

It just started and I haven't watched the first episode so I don't think anyone could really tell you that yet.

at 2 eps in, doesnt look that bad, but its still too soon to truly judge.

at least character-wise, both teams are balanced enough in terms of personality, so no YOSSHA LUCKY here (even tho Lucky did become a proper leader and an actually decent ranger.)

It just started and it seems pretty good

Well the red in the middle is the red of the season the other two are his father and grandfather.

It's pretty good so far and they're doing some interesting experimentation with the choreography and camera work.

it's not brutality that i'm going through op, it's how big jerks they can be.
everytime i work at mcdonalds i have to deal with some mutie or mutie loving "superhero" giving me shit about why i can't give them a discount, pisses me off even more when they order their meal, and expect it to be free, bastards just leaves to the door, then i get flack from the boss cunts.
i clock out of work, get mugged while trying to get home, and there they are, a superhero not even bothering to save me from my mugger, pretending not to hear me scream for their rescue.
fucking "superheroes" and mutie scum. I HATE THEM! I HATE THEM ALL!!

so what's the appeal of these kinds of shows?

>mfw visiting grandparents in Japan and get to see Japan Power Rangers on tv.
>mfw the minions shot down a bunch of office people down with guns. Not lasers. Guns.

Everything afterwards seems too tame. I really wish I could remember what episode it was.

A good Kamen Rider series is a good mix of Action, A story that can take unexpected but believable turns, fun characters, with bits of comedy and the occasional tearjerker. And most importantly, villains that ham it the fuck up. They're pretty good if you can get past the obvious toy shilling.

So far Kamen Rider Build is delivering on all of these, if you want me to recommend a series that's already over though I'd say Fourze. Just remember to look into the movies and what episodes they take place after because Japan does stuff weird.

Colorful, action-packed, superhero dramedies

What comic or show is closest in tone to a tokusatsu?

I was watching the second episode today and thinking how much the fight scenes reminded me of Kingsman

I completely lost my shit at
>refusal to comply strike

He is American though.

No he is Nigerian.The actor I mean.

Live action comics? You don't like heroes?

no. he is both.

Uh. New Super-Man, I guess.

Looks like the west is skipping another Super Sentai series.

And un-skipping another.

They'll get back to it later anyway

But why tho

They really like Kingsman over in Nippon for some reason

Saban and or Nick didn't like Kyuranger despite Bandai of America having a hand in the designs.

Understandable.

It's pro wrestling, but with spandex and rubber suits suit and explosion instead of big sweaty men and athletic feats.

Be glad that they are 20 episodes per ''season'' instead of 10-13 and 20 minute shows instead of 10 minute shorts disguised as FULL EPISODES!

But yeah, these cancerous hipster corporate trends are also the reason why TV is dying, everyone is so fucking lazy and undisciplined.

the absolute state of it

>But why tho
one of the most popular theories is that it has to do with the Toy license switching from Bandai of America to Hasbro starting next year, with them going with Go-Busters due to it having not many toys compared to most modern seasons so it'll be easier to transition, similarly many are theorizing that Beast Morphers might only be a single season instead of 2 like Power Rangers has been since it came back with Samurai, as since it doesn't have too many toys to introduce there's a lot of episodes that could easily be trimmed out for it to fit into a single 20-something episode season

>It's pro wrestling, but with spandex and rubber suits suit and explosion instead of big sweaty men and athletic feats.
ironically the reverse comparison is what led me to start watching Wrestling last year

which is now making me want some WWE Wrestlers to appear in Power Rangers(hell Kane's first costume is basically a PR costume anyways)

Had this ranger team idea sitting in my head for a while. The theme is insects (Red is dragonfly, Blue is (Japanese Rhinoceros) Beetle, Green is a Grasshopper, Yellow is a Bee and Pink is a Mantis). The force of evil are based on birds, with the mooks being pigeons and one of the monster of the week is an owl with a top hat and battle cane.

You had me at Pigeon Mooks. GIVE THIS MAN A BUDGET.

If I was an 8-year-old, I'd pick the robot that transforms from a cheetah into a car over the one that's some blocks stacked together, the rainbow train one, and the one that's just some balls taped to each other.

The shit the suit actors go through is amazing sometimes.

Yeah, being pigeons, while a threat, they are easily distracted by food and instead of causing havoc they raid the local hotdog stand.

But kids love Minecraft

Fucking ow

my nephew actually prefers just the cube animals over the robot.

granted he's a 2 year old but he likes what he likes.

There is literally nothing wrong with beating the shit out of criminal scum.

>cause those mooks were totally complying to orders.
Most of them were, except for the last guy. He tried to fight back, or at least avoid arrest, hence the "Refusal to Comply Strike".

Well when you know exactly what things the monster did to deserve such a beating you'd very much understand his anger.

What the hell happened here? And what show was this?

I was really surprised to see Go-Busters being the next adaption. Interested to see what they do with it.

Thanks to a new item called the Good Striker the rangers merged into one being to shoot a laser beam at the monster. Then they got all weirded out because they're all in the same body and start flopping about. It's from the newest Sentai season Lupinranger VS Patranger.

You can't be Japanese and Nigerian. You can be a Nigerian with Japanese citizenship, they make that very clear legally.

Not always; one of the most brutal Kamen Rider shows in terms of on screen gore, etc, Amazon had Mole who died a hero after being Amazon's friend for most of the series.

RIP Mole.

Yeah, this season is the first time in years I've been interested in an airing sentai show.

Loved the CGI as well.

another talk about tokushit thread eh

PHG go fap to purus and large foreheads.

>If you're a normal person turned into a monster there's no way of turning you back and killing you is a kindness.
true for many older entries in the franchise, although of recent Kamen Rider series(Double onward) only Gaim and Amazons really follow that aspect consistently;

Double: for the most part Dopants will revert to human upon being defeated

OOO: with one exception in the show itself(and a couple more in a post series movie) the enemies in this series(Greeed and the Yummies they create) were never human in the first place

Fourze: for the most part avoided with the Zodiarts(and the Dustard mooks were never human)

Wizard: Phantoms are pretty literally named, as the person they're created from is killed by the process that creates them

Gaim: as mentioned this one is an exception as most Invess are mindless monsters and thus it is a mercy killing

Drive: Roidmudes are AI that merely copy humans to give themselves a base personality

Ghost: Gamma are from another dimension and are generally assholes

Ex-Aid: Bugsters are merely Computer Viruses that manifest physical bodies

Build: for the most part avoided with Smash unless they're Hazard Level 1(but we've only seen one of those so far in the series)

Ganma are just other dimension humans in second artficial ghost bodies

Faiz was kind of fucked up because he was basically Kamen Rider Wolverine (and about as popular) except he's killing all the Mutants to protect mankind.

>Me_vs_my_meat.webm

to be fair it's kinda justified in killing most Orphonochs as their primary means of reproduction is lethal to 99% of the people they try to convert, not to mention they have an extremely limited life span anyways

I would like to pipe in and assure those who are just joining us that just because this is the case, that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of messed up deaths in Kamen Rider:

youtu.be/5F4v0G_7PNI?t=318

True, but it really says something that Blade, for all its memes, death, and mayhem, was still comparatively "lighter" than Faiz because the heroes would simply "card" their enemies instead of genociding them.

true, Spider Dopant for example probably has one of the highest kill counts of any single monster in the franchise(at least that they directly caused through their own abilities)