Why hasn't he killed himself?

Why hasn't he killed himself?

He has a job and family.

His restaurant hasn’t failed yet

He's Sterling Fucking Malory Archer

Loving wife and kids and a business

He needs to find a suitable bunker first

Why WOULD he kill himself, OP? Give us 3-4 reasons.

I would unironically love to have his life. Owner of a business that somehow doesn't go under and has a loving family.

>Owner of a business that somehow doesn't go under
what confuses me more is, almost everytime someone tries his burgers, they say they taste amazing, but a few times it has been mentioned that Jimmy Pesto's isn't that great.

Is it really just the personalities of the owners and their employees resulting in the difference of customers?

Bob let's his food speak for itself whilr Jimmy is all flash and no substance. That's why Bob's is a perfect dive. A down to earth eatery with perfect food is better than a high end chain.

The day it fails is the day he sells out to a chain.

Pesto's is run like a typical shitty family Resturant joint.
Bob's is a barebones hole in the wall.
Pesto knows how to advertise and to a degree how to network.
Bob doesn't, and when given an opportunity to have Pesto-like success he rejected it because it didn't feel right.
Plus the place is constantly in conflict because his family even the days when it's not the hang out for a a bunch of bikers or looks like it's been closed down and taken over by a pack of feral dogs you still might have to deal with some weird kids or a loud waitress.

Jimmy's restaurant is probably like Chilis or Fridays, where they have a fuck huge menu full of cheap mediocre food

Or I guess it's more like olive garden

These. Really if Jimmy and Bob ever managed to work together and not undermine each other they'd be top tier.

Again, Bob doesn't want to be like Pesto.
Unless there was some way that Jimmy was purely behind the scenes and didn't even touch the storefront Bob would probably get antsy about something he changed

its just mainly from their shit service
honestly, bob should just hire someone beside his kids

Bob believes that the quality of his product will sell itself instead of flashy gimmicks. I actually respect and admire that and its been proven he would prefer to grow his own produce which would up the quality even more.

>you will never eat a burger that Bob made.

Tina is fine, Louise is the problem imo.

Feels bad man. At least there's a place like Bob's near me.

Because he has a loving wife, three kids and his own business that does pretty well?

is jimmy pesto one of the rare characters that don't give a shit about christmas ceasefires/miracles?

linda invited him and his toady out of christmas love and he just went there to stuff all of the brownies/chocolate fudge bars in the toilet.

Bob will always live on in his recipes.

>louise
>not gene who constantly runs around naked and can’t use the grill without committing arson

Atleast in the big bob episode and the home ec episode she shows she can handle being a server. Also she’s the only kid who actually wants to run the restaurant when bob dies.

Gene is a turbo autist with zero redeemable qualities besides random one liners

Once a dick, always a dick.

Try making one of his recipes from that cookbook.

I made this shallot burger that was absolutely delicious and I barely cook

Tina isn't much better, that same home ec episode showed her getting really jealous that Bob noticed that Zeke has a perfect palette. Tina would be lucky if she could make you a bowl of cereal without something catching fire. Louise might very well be the only child to takeover the family business when Bob gets to old to keep doing it.

Those recipes are actually real damn good for what's basically a joke.

He can't afford it. Not a good employee, at least. Probably a slacker teen who takes wrong orders and frequent breaks, maybe.

And he seems to kind of like it being a "family business".

Would YOU? Even with the voice...

So what's the movie going to be about?

Especially with the voice.

It's more enjoyable to stay alive and knowing that your existence pisses people off instead of ending your life early to escape pain.

>Tina becomes Aunt Gail
>Louise takes over Bob's Burger
>gene becomes Teddy
other than Louise
Where did Bob go wrong?

Not teaching Gene how to be a man

other than trying to rob the bank again
Mickey wasn't a bad worker

nothing, it's linda's fault.

still don't like how the cooking contest played out.

He won't because he can make the kids work for free and justify it as "family business" crap.

I had a boyfriend who's dad ran a restaurant and he basically made the entire family work in it. Refused to hire outside help, because he knew he could force his wife and kids work like slaves for free than hire outsiders who he'd actually have to pay and treat like a normal employee.

Only the art style is unappealing. The personalities are pleasing.

Except maybe Tina and the walking fart joke known as "Gene."

>gene becomes Teddy
i feel like he would become a youtube musician. Never quite successful, but he can live off from it

He's an American hero.

Like in the sense of working hard for a business he cares about, or raising two sexually deviant daughters and a son who can barely function has a human?

Gene seems like he would grow up to be a gay

DELET THIS

Louise seems more of the kind who would be running a prostitution ring
than working in one

Why? It illustrates that he has failed to instill actual values in any of his kids, and it's not that hard to imagine that this may be Louise's future.
As far as I remember, he hardly interacts with her at all! Is it terribly unlikely that she will develop issues surrounding her father that lead her to seek validation or to punish men for her perceived neglect?

>takes the wrong orders

Bob literally only sells one thing, even a complete stoner can't fuck up a burger and fries.

As someone who has worked in fast food, you have no idea how much a stone can fuck up an order.
Mind you, not burger joint, but he interpreted "a slice of pepperoni" as a single slice of pepperoni sausage, ran through the oven.

What is the appeal of this show?

It's for people who enjoy cooking

Both.

LOUISE IS NOT FOR LEWDISE

>Bob literally only sells one thing, even a complete stoner can't fuck up a burger and fries.
just recently i was watching a rerun of an episode where Teddy had to fill in as a waiter. Let's just say, Bob should have rather closed the shop then continue.

Look, I'm just using these images to accentuate the effect of apathetic parenting. Sure, we all get that Bob is trying to run a business to support his family, but it also robs him of time to actually be a father and an authority figure. That said, I predict Tin will end a NEET, writing zombie guro erotic friend-fiction, Gene will either peter out into being that guy in every group of friends that provides the occasional laugh but no one really likes, and Louise is going to suck dicks. She's the only one with anything nearing competence in a social situation, but will nonetheless still have a heap of daddy issues since Bob spent more time on his little grill, than with his little girl.

Addendum: Gene is either the above, or minor Youtube fame ala Shoenice for similar disgusting shit, with similar problems.

Louis will be the savvy business woman.
Tina will be like her aunt.
Gene will be the gay son.

Louise isn't deviant. Your brain is warped by fanart.
Right about the other two though.

Bob's insecurity is endearing and the kid's adventures are fun

I've only ever gotten to make the feta and grilled watermelon burger, and it's honestly probably the best goddamn burger I've ever had.

That's silly. if anybody is going to fuck her up sexualy it's her sister.

She already shows sadistic tendencies towards boys and a general lack of empathy. If it's not sucking dicks, it's something more dangerous.
She may be a component, but it may not be all that overt. Tina seems more the sort to enable rather than corrupt. Gene wouldn't care, and Linda seems... rather inept as a parent.

his business is doing fine, his kids are doing fine, his wife is doing fine

I'd disagree about his kids. Dahmer was at Tina's age when he thought about erotic scenarios with dead people.

Tina's zombie fetish is just a parody of the monster boyfriend trend in YA fiction for girls.

Right. "Just a phase" until she's shoving a rod down a corpse's urethra in a Motel 6 bathroom so it'll at least seem erect.

sitcom about a loving and most importantly not a dumb-ass fat dad and his wacky family.

if bob was another homer (or worse, peter griffin) dad, this show wouldn't have lasted this long.

If you're looking for a place to eat in that town what's going to stick out more to you?

How often do you go to mcdonalds? Now how often do you go to a small diner with upscale burgers? The biggest downside is that burgers are not considered something worth spending a lot on. Kinda like an upscale pho place.

Gene is the biggest problem. He only an ADD asshat who thinks it fine to fuck up the family's only source of revenue for his own amusement.

I honestly forget it's a guy voicing her like 90% of the time when I watch this show and even when I do remember it's in more of a "Damn he's really good at sounding like a middle aged woman" way than him fucking up and breaking my immersion way.

>barely interacts with her
Nigga, have you not seen the sparrow and chick episode? Or the one where Gene and Bob start bonding over an old western tv show? Those two are thick as thieves.

>show about happy family
>dad works job he loves
>wife and husband love is genuine and not 'Christ I'm stuck' like lots of shows tend to do
>raising kids as best as he and Linda can
>talks of favoritism
i think we`d all love Bob's life he's working a job he loves and his family would bust their ass for him i hope we're all so lucky to get that if family's ain't your bag i still hope you work a job you love
this is my favorite depiction of a family right next to Malcolm in the Middle they're screwed up but love eachother

Actually i rather go to my local Gyros place than Mcdonalds, and that's assuming i am in the city, as normally i am in a small town where only local businesses exist.(like the town in bobs burgers)

You've been sold a lie, user.
Bob's life is a pretty good life. Don't believe the fantasies that the media pushes.

The customers love Linda, though. She gets the big tips.

Just why do I like Louise that much?

how often do they show that jimmy cuts corners like the one with the horse meat episode?

This is soooooo wrong.

Still wrong, but at least I can see her do this.

She gets big tips because she has big tits

i think he means while Gene can get distracted and such, Louise can consciously plan ways to get out of work or just plain not do it.

outside of letting in on she wants to inherit the restaurant someday, she doesn't really put the effort into wanting it now while she's a kid.

Gene isn't going to live past puberty. He's going to drink bleach or jump off a building to get attention.

It's good to know how to cook.
Hmm. I just remembered how to make paella.

>even a complete stoner can't fuck up a burger and fries.
You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.
Just off the top of my head:
-under/over cook the meat
-inefficiently cut toppings
-don't know how to make a decent sauce
-forgets orders even when written

>All this Gene hate

Tell me Work Hard or Die Trying Girl isn't the magnum opus of Bob's Burgers.

This is not a McDonalds one with everything pre-prepared, you can fuck up a lot.

Gene is gonna be the next president of the Unites states, Tina a movie star, Louise is gonna be a goverment secret agent with hedonism.

He deserves it.

He loves his family and knows he's good at what he does even if much of the world gives him a hard time.

other than Courtney
does Gene have any other friends who aren't his family members?

It's not.
Ah, Topsy is

Why can't my daughter be more like Louise
Life is just not fair

Honestly, everyone in the Belcher family will probably be fine and you're projecting based on internet psychology.

He befriended Zeke in the episode of the goat with two anuses,

That would be The Deepening.

why haven't I? The gun was right in my hands, I put it in my mouth.

His daughters haven't been knocked up yet