What was his problem?

What was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kmPbmz7SzOs?t=44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His creator.

He was gay.

he was like a sociopath right?

The jerkass character template was getting popular and not everybody knew how to properly pull it off

It was hot in Topeka

McCracken watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force and was like "wow this Master Shake guy is a total asshole but for some reason I can't stop watching this show" and decided to make a version of him for kids.

In a couple episodes it's made clear that imaginary friends are created to fill some gap or fulfill some need that their creators subconscious is trying to express.

Edwardo, for instance, was created by a girl who needed someone to protect her, which is why he'd big and scary looking... but she also needed someone to teach her to stand up for herself and others, which is why he's a total wuss (until his friends are legitimately threatened, anyway.)

So, Mac's a pretty straitlaced, fairly down-to-eart, nerdy kid who gets picked on and beaten up by his dickhead older brother all the time. Bloo's a shithead. THEREFORE, Bloo was created by Mac to encourage him to loosen up a little and stand up for himself, but also teach him how NOT to do it by setting a bad example and being disliked by everybody else.

what the fuck was coco supposed to do

cococo coco co coco

Woah, that's a really interesting theory.

Really though, I think the most popular theory is that she was made by a kid cast away on an island due to plane crash(since her body is made out of a wrecked plane, a palm tree and a bird and she's also afraid of flying), because the kid needed the stuff from her eggs to survive

Literally this, I don't understand why you people shit on Bloo but unanimously love Shake. It's the same character type. They're always morally in the wrong but you want them to succeed anyway because they're so outlandishly immoral and petty that it becomes entertaining and endearing.

The thing is, Blue often really is an asshole to the point when it stops being funny and starts being annoying and enraging to the point where you just want him to get what's coming to him

I like cereal.

Mostly keep her creator company and keep her from going insane from isolation, as well as protect her and provide stuff she couldn't otherwise have gotten (what with her laying plastic eggs with stuff inside them.) Coco's part palm tree, part airplane, and part liferaft- all stuff that would probably stick pretty significantly in the mind of a kid who went down in an airplane, then drifted in a liferaft for a while before washing up on a deserted tropical island.

plus it's more okay to like Shake because you know in the end, he'll get what he deserves. the higher he rises, the further he'll fall and the consequences can be way harsher and funnier because it's not a kid's show.

youtu.be/kmPbmz7SzOs?t=44s

I think it's telling that I'm way more satisfied when Shake dies more than Carl, especially when he kills himself.

his jerkes got bigger over time.

While I agree, this logic is sound, wasn't there also behind the scenes executive meddling that ramped up Bloo's assholishness into further levels?

Never liked this blue fuck. The only time I felt bad for him was that damn Bendy episode.