Work on your art!

Cause let's not pretend like we don't all hire secret hopes of making a comic or cartoon one day.
OC, fanart, just shilling your blog, anything welcome! Just wanna see what Sup Forums is up to these days.

Other urls found in this thread:

wwwjam.tumblr.com/
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh sure, I'll even keep it Sup Forums
Was in a Powerpuff Girls mood the other day, and did a little somethin' of Ms. Keane...

...And then Sedusa, because she really doesn't get enough love. Which astounds me.

Oh my. Keep up the beautiful work, user.
Too bad Ima Goodlady gets no love, either.

Making an asdf/popteamepic style animation with a bunch of bunny clones, style wise a mix of stuff i like including tlh/r&m/etc

No one draws Mala, like ever.
I thought I'd give it a try...I don't know.

Just got a tablet: breaking it in with some fanart

Cute shit user. You got a blog?

I do love me some of that platinum blond, adorable, manipulative, too-good-to-be-true, voice-of-pure-sex alter ego of hers. Might do a full picture at some point, but have a quickie for the kind words.

Thanks! Cute shit is my specialty. And yep, here ya go~ wwwjam.tumblr.com/

Breaking it in with sketching is the best approach. Is it your first tablet, or just a new one?

last Sup Forums related fanart I did I can show

first tablet. Completely new to any sort of digital work

What are some examples of running a virtual band by yourself? I guess it depends on how far you go with animation and production, but you'd think you'd see more of it in this day and age of the Internet. Maybe I'm too anxious about giving my OCs a purpose without throwing them into a story.

Wanted to make a spy type character with incredibly dark skin.

I usually dont do fanart but I like how this one turned out

That's nice. Lot's of flow to the pose.

I've been animating again.

Hot damn, user. Great sense of shape, form and weight.
You could exaggerate the lift from the ground a bit more, but that's less of a criticism and more of a preference.

It's not as common as you'd imagine because it requires a combination of several talents. Singing, playing instruments (or knowing how to digitally compose music), and being able to draw, AND animate.

I can't think of any one-man projects, but I can think of two small-team examples. The first is Savlonic, originally from Weebl's Stuff. Early on, it was done by just Weebl and his wife- they both sang, and Weebl animated. It didn't last long, and he eventually got more talented animators and artists to do the visual heavy lifting.

The second example is Skeleton Staff (criminally unknown band). I don't actually know how many people are involved in the band, but I know there are at least 2 guys behind it, while the virtual band features 4 characters. They don't really do videos (except for one), but they have cover art featuring the virtual band for a good chunk of their songs for whenever they put them on Youtube. It's a way to attach a face to the musicians without needing to animate them.

Past all that, regardless of your approach, it's just a matter of commitment. It's not easy, it'd be time consuming, and there's absolutely no guarantee it'd go anywhere or gain any traction. For those reasons and the ones above, most people who make music and can draw would just rather make individual pieces of art for a song, rather than dedicate a specific set of characters to them. That way, either the music or the art can stand on their own if one or the other doesn't hold up.

I really like her. Wish I had more to say other than "UNF."

She looks pretty hot user.

>I really like her. Wish I had more to say other than "UNF."
I mean you're not wrong.

I'll treasure this picture forever, you're talented and an angel.

Thank you very much. I've been very frustrated with my job prospects lately (Someone wasted my time with one of those "Work-from"home" scams where they try to get you to buy a bunch of unnecessary equipment). so I've been taking the time to practice animation. Keeps my mind off my worries.

Keep at it dude. It's a skill we all wish we had.

Been busy working on another comic, so here are some doodles instead.

Decided to try and color some of my old sketches in MS Paint yesterday. I will learn how to do proper shading some day.

Trying to develop and design a character I had to add for a story of mine. Haven't thought of a name for him yet other than "The Manager".

What else can I do if I can't draw as good as I used to, and keep giving up everytime I start to make something?

The only real advice is to try your hardest to push through it. If you're just really, really not feeling it, then take a day or two off, but don't take too long of a break or it'll just be even harder to try again. It's hard, you won't be motivated, you probably won't like what you make, but you just gotta keep pushing until you enjoy what you're making again.

Very 80's scumbag, I like it.
I can hear his voice, it's something like Troy McClure.

I hate this fucking guy Oh MY GOD
There's something about the dark haired ones that make him seem more like douche than the others, I'm thinking top row second from last one, he reminds me of Patrick Bateman.

Maybe Darren or Alex(ander), some kind of spoiled a-hole chad name.

It's one of those things I keep stepping away from for months at a time, but whenever I come back, it's a little bit easier.

I'm getting closer to just doing a full demo reel, but I need some more time in the oven. I'd probably be a lot farther along if I hadn't been distracted by illustration and Background Design along the way.

Finally started using Clip Studio Paint. I'm loving it.

I know this looks clunky, but I'm trying to diagram the walk cycle of a man walking against the wind. If I can get this nailed, I'm going to do a 3/4 angle of the walk cycle, with effects animation on top.

Tried making the hair look more messy and hay like by copying how Mysterious Girlfriend X draws it.

I suck at drawing but for a little while now i've been learning to git gud at what I do, i'm learning to draw heads and faces till I get comfortable with them then i'll start drawing necks and shoulders, arms, hands, legs and so on till I know how to draw humans a lot better than I can now

Great start man, keep it up

Muh dick

drew these two last week

college classes are killing my productivity. I can only get 1 or 2 good drawings done a week now.

Not my art, my colors.

Here's my attempt at making the demon in a bottle cover. How bad did i do?

my art, my color.

Shit sorry, here's the corrected version.

This looks really fun user. Is there any more I can read?

hold your phone with the button on the right. Edit in phone. Sup Forums removes the orientation info.

No that's it so far. I just wanted to do a page with some characters to try to force my writer to write something with them so I could work on action.

Thank you I need this

I've got a question for all of you. I'm trying to set aside a chunk of time each day to work on drawing, since I've always just doodled as a hobby. After work, food, and other things I need to do in order to function, is 3 hours a day not enough time to practice?

Cool stuff. I need to work on necks myself.

That's actually more than what most people recommend. Usually bare minimum is 30 minuets, with average "sufficient" practice time being 2 hours, anything above that, if used effectively, is even better.

Recently drew this pic of some douchebags in love.

And another. Hes trying to get her to dress up in slutty clothes.

Honestly, hes just fun as hell to draw.

It comes down to how good you want to get and how fast. Because if you want to get properly good, you'll need to practice at a level where it usually stops being fun (and then 3 hours/day is not nearly enough).
But as a start you should draw as much as you feel you have time for and while keeping it fun. You should notice if you are improving on a rate you're happy with, or if you're not.
If you are: great.
If you aren't: make a choice if it's worth taking it to the next step. By drawing more, changing up the stuff you draw, looking up new tutorials. Maybe take a class?

I like him, and I like the art. Good work

Thanks for the perspective. I think I'll start with 3ish for now (because I'm sure as hell not efficient), and if I'm not where I want to be in a few months I'll just push it harder.

Will also look up tutorials and expand my subjects, which is good advice.

His legs should hesitate/wobble before planting

im working on something right now

Page 11 of 12:

Violator Spawn: "Get over here!"
Billy: "Did that guy fuse with that clown demon by eating his heart?"
Violator Spawn: "Before I rip your head off I want to see whats under that mask of yours"
Billy: "Surprised? My face isnt much different than my fire mask. I might only be half demon but im still the grandson of Lucifuge the demon god of darkness!"

previous pages are on my deviantart for now: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/

theres only one page left after this one lol.

Managed to squeeze out a couple more pages.

I'd like to make the drawings simpler to make more pages quicker, but when I think about it the style is already rather simple, so I fear making it simpler might break it.

Is there a reason most of the balloons are vertical? I'm not saying never do it, but there's a reason that they're that way in manga. They write that way.

Here it's making you hyphen words and it's just silly.

I didn't understand what was going on in the last 3 panels until I read the dialogue.

I thought he was tied to a slowly turning torture device (actually his cape?) and that the big guy was holding his head still such that it slowly broke his neck. Thought the one in the last panel was some random onlooker.

Maybe an additional panel of motion as the mask is removed would make it clearer, and somehow improving the cape in the penultimate panel.

good to see old waifus still getting some love.
I just place them where they feel more natural to me, I also try to "point" them at each other, if that makes any sense.
But you are right, there's really not much point to it other than I think it looks cool.

progress is really slow on this page, thanks for your feedback

i think it will make a lot more since once its finished....

also reading the previous 10 pages might help to...

A friend of mine made personifications of music genres

This is Future Funk

whew page arts done...

Nice

thanks, its even nicer now that its done... well... i im gonna shade some more stuff and see if it looks any better... but its basically done...

Julia

ok now its done, 100%

sorry for all the wips yall.

Cool

Nice

just put them all together instead of posting them one by one. dont know why that last one is smaller. just gotta draw two more and ill have the whole gang

I think you overdid it on the eyes.

fuck it ill post my dnd character to keep the thread alive

bump

Wanted to really nail down the style

looks good

For lewds, I assume.

>"Character design isn't done when you can't add anything more, it's done when you can't take anything else away"
>"Silhouette is basically the most important aspect of character design"

How do I make a silhouette more distinctive without just tacking more shit onto a simple design or giving them super weird exaggerated proportions

What character do you want to make?