For the upcoming Mario movie, which character or species is most likely going to be an expy for the minions?

For the upcoming Mario movie, which character or species is most likely going to be an expy for the minions?

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/10/27/movie-based-klonoa-door-phantomile-currently-works/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5eqq3LNuayc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Shy Guys.

The Goombas will be wacky and incompetent.

>yfw the minions take over the mushroom kingdom

Koopa Troopas

Mario + Minions: Kingdom Battle?

Can't be the Toads, they'd be busy on a treasure hunting expedition all while helping Mario by finding stuff that could be of use along his journey. Sorta like in Odyssey.

My guess is the Koopalings. Each one is wacky and crazy, just like the Minions. You can say the same for the Toads, but as characters, they've grown to be more competent over the years.

I'm seconding Goombas.
Maybe Koopas too but they'll probably just be less retarded Goombas.

Toads will probably be the butt of a few jokes because they're small, geekish and orderly but they won't be the le randumz stupid slapstick characters.

Don't they look like the type to be running around doing something stupid, mischievous, and annoying everybody. I'm with Shy Guys are known to be troublemakers, judging by their portrayals in the Paper Mario games.

I found this in gameFAQs

Are they even going to shove the Koopalings in there? My bets that the enemies will consist of Bowser, Bowser Junior, and some of the koopa troops.

I fucking hate Illumination so much.

>Bowser Junior actually being utilized for anything other than a sports game cameo

Nah. We were fucking lucky to have him in Galaxy 2.

I like Bowser, but I wish they'd give him a rest and use some different villains. The RPGs do that, and they've had some memorable characters like Grodus, Fawful and Count Blek.

Personally, I'd like to see Wario as a villain, with his greed making him do whatever kicks off the plot of the game.

What about the Rabbids crossover? He was not only the main antagonist for most part, but he was given some neat characterization as well.
Besides, it's not like he's stuck only appearing in the spin-off games.

Goombas with their angry eyes bumbling around shouting "Yo! It's Battle Game Time!" in super deep raspy smoking voices (or something similar to english dub kid Trunks in dbz). Loading cannons with bob-ombs and koopa shells. Wearing different hats appropriate for the situation. Climax of the movie, they go "it's time for the big one" and launch a gigantic blue shell with wings and spikes which targets Mario because he just won a prize for being #1 at something, cue chase scene with Mario using the blue shell to mess everything up for Bowser and win another award which he refuses because it has another #1 on it.

>I like Bowser, but I wish they'd give him a rest and use some different villains

If they don't use him as a villain, they'd pretty much have to work him in the story in some other way like they did Super Mario RPG.

Most people wouldn't go "Oh, hey, it's Tatanga! That's awesome!", they'd whine about Bowser not being in there.

While I agree about wanting to see different villains other than Bowser again in this series, it would be a bit jarring to not make Bowser the villain in the movie that might follow the traditional "Peach gets kidnapped" plot. It just wouldn't feel right unless it was some sort of a sequel or whatever.

I think a fun way to do it would be the assumption Bowser kidnapped Peach but in the end it's actually King Boo behind it. Boos have been staples of the series and it wouldn't be nearly as predictable as what's expected.

You guys are being too optimistic.

They'll make new original creatures just for the movie that will clash horribly with the Mario characters, and those will be the ones in all the marketing besides Mario himself.

Might probably come off as random and out of nowhere unless Bowser had the boos holding Peach hostage to give the bros some sort of a wild goose chase. I also feel people will complain about how it feels like they're pulling an "Eggman" on Bowser if King Boo is all of the sudden the main antagonist.

So you're saying the minions will actually make an appearance?

I wouldn't rule it out desu.

>Wario as a villain
Wario is a goddamn gangster, I'd be happy to see him in any capacity.

>bingo
>not bing bing wahoo

Bowser is part of the core trio with Mario and Peach, you can't not have him in the first animated Mario.

Aluigi

You forgot Green Mario. Can't leave him out either.

PIXEL ART, NOT 8 BIT
stupid fucking gamers

I would have agreed last year but Odyssey shows that Nintendo doesn't seem to give him the respect he deserves, and they're supposed to be heavily involved in this

Luigi isn't actually all that important, there have been plenty of games without him. He was lucky to have appeared in non multiplayer Mario games on the Wii and 3DS. If it wasn't for multiplayer, he'd be a spinoff only character.

Yoshis. They speak unintelligibly & supposedly lack genders. Plus they're super cute & friendly.

>the respect he deserves
I hate this fucking meme, Luigi's had two of his own games and shared equal spotlight with Mario in an entire RPG series, if anything he has more importance in the M&L RPGs, especially after Dream Team.

Luigi missing one or two games isn't that big of a deal, and it's certainly not "Disrespectful to the character"

you know how mario dynamics were originally based off popeye, luigi is the wimpy

wimpy is great and an iconic character but he is a clear rung below popeye, olive oyl, bluto

Still would kind of be weird without him, though. Even if there are plenty of games he didn't appeared in, he's still pretty much of a second protagonist and part of the main cast in this series.

But they already replaced their original Olive and Bluto, Pauline with Peach and Donkey Kong with Bowser

Doubt it. The minion-expy have to be either small, loud, trouble-making, comic relief, or all of the above, which is why either Goombas or ShyGuys are more likely might take that role.
Plus, they’ll probably going to use just Yoshi rather than tons of Yoshis

Have you missed the Year of Luigi in 2014?

>no twerking
>no Schaal
>no pop music in trailer
Come on now.

Kek. I’m laughing way too hard over this.

goombas are more well known and a more established part of the series

Fair point

First post gets it right. Shy Guys are already the perfect mixture of cute and bumbling to be the Mario universe's Minions.

>lack genders
Yoshis are literally all male

>Mario 64
>Mario Sunshine
>Mario Odyssey
>Mario vs Donkey Kong series

>Mario 64
Was planned to be in the game as part of co-op multiplayer, but didn't make the cut due to the N64's hardware and time constraints. They made him playable in the DS remake to make up for it.
>Sunshine
Can't explain this one. Though for what it's worth, it came out right after Luigi's Mansion.
>Mario Odyssey
That Luigi's Balloon Stand DLC that's supposed to be coming out this month. He's not playable, but it's obvious that Nintendo didn't want to leave him out again.
>Mario vs DK series
This series puts more emphasis on arcade-era DK, so it makes sense that they'd leave Luigi, Peach, and Bowser out. And still, he got a mini toy all for himself.

Nigga even got his own year and a half to himself.

This. Plus, fans will complain about the lack of Luigi anyway so Nintendo shouldn’t leave him out for this movie

Rabbids.

None. Nintendo don't need such gimmicks.

I don’t see it. Yoshis doesn’t seem to fit the bill to be the “Minions” for the movie at all.
This seems like to be perfect chance for them to even make a Wario and Waluigi cameo since they, especially the latter, are so meme-y.

Jesus, all of that could fuckin happen

Fans are going to complain either way. Mario cast is hugely bloated. SOMEBODY is going to miss out on their favorite character appearing / doing something cool. I know I'll be pissed off if this is like the Super Mario Bros. film and makes Luigi the actual protagonist.

Either the toads, or a goomba, shy guy, and a koopa troopa

Bowser's MINIONS, obviously.

>Goombas with their angry eyes bumbling around shouting "Yo! It's Battle Game Time!" in super deep raspy smoking voices
I pictured them voiced by the game grumps and now I hate myself

>Mario Movie
>By Illumination

It’s not that the fans will get pissed that their favorite character(s) are not in the movie, but more like that Nintendo have been putting Luigi in a lot of games after what I believed to be after the GameCube era that him not appearing in the movie at all would feel weird to most people. Rather he’s playable or not, they would still try to put him in the games or other things in some ways, like Odyssey for an example.

>Luigi is the actual protagonist in the original SMB film.
I didn’t watch the film, but that explains why Daisy was the token girl instead of Peach.
I doubt they would do that again unless the directors are Luigi fans or some shit.

*I would like to also add that it’ll be like taking Tails out of the upcoming Sonic movie

>contradiction of currently established lore
But wouldn't that be doing the same thign the games are already doing?

Wait, there was a Kloana movie?

Seems like it.
siliconera.com/2016/10/27/movie-based-klonoa-door-phantomile-currently-works/

>I didn’t watch the film, but that explains why Daisy was the token girl instead of Peach.

You would think that would make more sense, but it honestly didn't. In 1993 there was zero indication, game or fan wise, shipping Luigi and Daisy. The character Daisy was originally a character called "Hildi", and was only 'Princess Daisy' in name only as she shares nothing in common with the game counterpart. It honestly would have made more sense if she was Peach in the movie, since her dad was a devolved fungus... but, Peach is inexplicably completely absent from the film in its entirety.

Similarly, they have Mario date some brunette Jersey slag. And some online rumors claim that this girl is inspired, cause she's brunette, by Pauline, and kind of looks like her if you quint, but that is also pretty dubious. As Pauline's modern design didn't come until after the movie came out, she was a blond at the time and is never called Pauline in the movie (and despite claims its written as her middle name in the movie script, all the scripts I've read never refer to her middle name at all).

Also King Koopa got a love interest as his secretary. The movie just loved making original characters.

>they've had some memorable characters like Grodus, Fawful and Count Blek.

None of them really did anything memorable or had any good motivation though. Like what is Grodus' personality beyond wanting to take over the world?

Hourra! We are up for a new wave of Kloanna gay fanarts.

Papaya > banana

>Schaal as Peach.
Unless I’ve missed a character she voiced that was more elegant or less shrieking, I seriously doubt they’ll have her voice Peach. Maybe Toadette instead?

It's so weird not giving a shit about all the party and sports games they slapped Mario into because every time a new platformer is released there's like a ton of fans saying "PLAYABLE DAISY" "IT'S WALUGI'S TIME TO SHINE" and shit like that and I'm just like, who the fuck are those losers, why do you even like them so much?

Remember when those games actually looked artistically interesting?

>unless the directors are Luigi fans or some shit.

user, that's literally everybody. Luigi's got a weird cult thing going on where everyone thinks he's the best character ever, and the fans are out there making weird and dumb propaganda against Mario because of it.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fawful is pretty much the most popular Mario RPG character next to, if not more than, Geno and probably one of the most wanted characters to be appear in other games in the Mario fanbase so I wouldn’t say he’s unmemorable though.
That’s because fans see potentials in both of those characters that Nintendo doesn’t seem to acknowledged. Why else do some people want a Wario and Waluigi game akin to the M&L series?
I do. Even Partners in Time has better cover.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5eqq3LNuayc

What I meant was as long as the directors doesn’t think Luigi “deserves” more attention than Mario, which is unlikely, I don’t think they’ll make Luigi come off as the actual protagonist like he was in the original film.

I think it's likely because it's such a cheap and lazy plot that normies can understand. Luigi is the poor woobie who needs an opportunity to shine and save the day. The kind of dreak I would absolutely expect from Illumination.

>movie about Mario having to juggle participating in all of his various spinoff properties

I dunno, I’d watch that.

How is that unlikely? Like I said that's every fucking Mario fan, both the casuals and turbo autists alike think of Luigi as the underdog that's in the shadow of his big mean attention hog brother Mario.

It's like the most common and easy low hanging fruit joke right there with "the mushrooms are drugs" and "Bowser and Peach are in an affair and Mario is just annoying them"

Maybe not unlikely, but will Nintendo actually let Illumination make Luigi the true protagonist of their first animated movie since that one anime and let him overshadow Mario himself? Luigi will probably have some sort of a subplot going on, but not enough to take over the main plot.
Hell, why wouldn’t it be similar to the M&L series where both Bros are the focus?

*Not trying to defend Illumination, but I feel the movie wouldn’t be that bad if Nintendo is willing to make another Mario movie after the train wreck of the SMB film.

It does sounds interesting. Probably a nice twist than just another Peach got kidnapped again plot.

>A Mario Movie made by Illumination
If one of the characters is going to be a stand-in for the minions, I wouldn’t mind as long as they’re not part of the damn plot. At least it’s not Sony

None. Nintendo won't allow it.
Minions will probably interact with toads during the logo sequence though.

>not Popple

Well, boo! Boo to you, I say!

This looks official

Cute pic. Source?

As long as Danny Devito plays Wario, then I have no problem.
Steve Buscemi could be Waluigi

And I honestly somehow see John Goodman playing Bowser