Dragons thread

Post best/favorite dragons
Also RTTE just ended so lets have another discussion thread

I dunno uhhhh, Cassie or Princes Ember from horse show, only dragons I could imagine kissing

Some degenerate will probably say the dragon from Shrek

Also posting best girl
Dont any of you fuckers bring up the pigs

the dragon from shrek

All the good DW shows are ending this year.

oink oink

Your waifu a shit, posting real best girl.

Why are dragons so great in a supporting role but 95% of the time they take center stage it feels awkward and fanfictiony and lame?

I say 95% because 5% of the time it really does work and work well.

It's not funny anymore

my favorite dragon was the 2 headed dragon because I love the way it breathed fire

>Dont any of you fuckers bring up the pigs
You already did it yourself, ye clod.

There are too many good Sup Forums dragons, but I'm gonna go for a classic and say Maleficent in the original Sleeping Beauty.

Has there ever been a dragon design so stupid it looked awesome?

Every oriental dragon ever fits your description.

Well, it was a 3 year deal and this is that third year, so all 12 original shows should be ending this year.

Will Dreamworks continue to work with Netflix after that or do they quit?

Yeah, they've already got quite a few new shows lined up, following the trend of giving all their movies a show, Trolls just started and Boss Baby and Captain Underpants shows are on the way.

Dragon tales is british right?

As far as "nearly every minor character seen in the entire show's run makes an appearance for the finale" finales go, nearly every dragon seen is a pretty cool one.

Since the Skrill came back is it possible Viggo is alive?

Or, you know, there's more than one on the planet.

Maybe, maybe not.
But at least Hiccup will always honor his legacy by copying the design of Viggo's Inferno for Inferno mk III

The switchblade action really brings the whole design together.

oh come on, do not break his hope, it's bad enough that the best antagonist has been killed by merchant Cuckhan of all people.

OTP coming through

>not astrid x toothless

definitely not

Supposedly most of these new shows are locked in at just a 26 episode order since production for Netflix can continue until end of 2018 but they haven't been renewed beyond that.

This moment was fuckin amazing
Felt like a reward for watching everything and paying attention

Going back and watching the 2nd movie is honestly insane to me, the amount of building these guys did was incredible. Im so happy I got bored and decided to try this out one day
Netflix really treated this show with integrity and thought, really putting in the extra mile to make everything explained
The last 2 episodes are probably my favorite in the whole series, although I really liked Viggo in general
Im sad its ending but fuck it was a good ride
Ill always want more but 8 seasons aint bad, I even really liked the first two
Heres hoping after the 3rd film breaks the box office theres renewed interest and therefore more seasons
This show is too comfy to cancel

If the 3rd Movie allows more seasons to get greenlit, it'll most likely take place between the 2nd movie and 3rd movie while being a new series.

Yeah with how the show ended there's not much room to do anything else
With the 3rd film they'd be able to do so much more, especially with all the rumors about what itll focus on (Hiccup being chief with Toothless being matured)
I'm super curious about all the other dragons, I just want them to start farming them like how Krogan did with the Singetails
Maybe just go around finding more titan wings, whatever they do wouldn't matter much. The SOL episodes are actually enjoyable as well

Lousy delays, to think we lived in a world where HTTYD3 would be set to release this year.
I remember when Race to the Edge started thinking ah yes, the show will run for 3 years and then the movie will come out almost immediately after

>mfw HTTYD 3 was supposed to come out

I still really like this.
The logo was added after the fact, so how exited do you think the guys were when they realized they could do a logo and link it up to the opening like that.

So is the show worth watching?

>RTTE just ended
wait, they release seasons in bulk?
i finished season 5 a couple of weeks ago and i was resigned to just waiting like 3-4 months before i got closure.
welp, looks like i have some catching up to do

If you loved the first two movies, you will vastly appreciate this show.
The first 2 seasons are rough but youll grow to love it, especially when Netflix takes over
I can say just the final season makes this whole show worth it, also 6 of the seasons are only 13 eps so you can breeze through them way quicker than the first two seasons

Yeah, while DWA has taken to releasing their new shows quarterly in 6-7 episode chunks, RTTE was grandfathered into releasing 13 episode seasons bi-annually.

This is fucking fantastic

Some of my favorite episodes were the twins.

2 of the best comic reliefs
I really hated the Nuts at first but they grew on me as their humor showed more and more

Is this from the TV show? This is surprisingly nice CG animation if so.

I would probably watch this show if it wasn´t for it´s stupid humor

thats great.

I can understand that
Personally I really appreciate some classic dumb humor, Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Billy and Mandy are some of my favorite cartoons.
But if youre not into it for that reason youre right that it isnt your show

How did it end?

is this before or after Astrid played around in the pig pen?

You think there's any chance Dagur would ever play a part in one of the movies? Doubtful, I imagine, because it would require too much explanation to those who don't watch the show.

Only Race to the Edge imo. You won't miss too much by not watching the other shows though there are connecting strings.

astrid is a pig fucking whore

hiccup deserves the better girl

Hiccup manages to defeat the dragon hunters and protect the bewilderbeast egg.
Krogan has to report to his boss (Drago) empty handed, who has him exectued for his failure.
Drago decides he's just going to find a bewilderbeast on his own, and the egg is left in Valka's care, setting up the events of How To Train Your Dragon 2, which would happen about a year or two later.

It's speculated that alot of these shows will go on Disney's streaming service when that comes up.

Or is DW getting their own, I forget.

>Master of relaxed bowels

*squeal*

I fuckin wish, but you're right.
The progression from Dagur the Deranged to the nice guy he is later would be too long
While I agree Race to the Edge is the most important, there is a lot of setup previously, like why the Edge exists, all of the team building, Dagurs introduction, the chief training and bonding with Thornado, Gustav's whole thing, and not to mention Heather's whole shtick.

>polyle

There is, but I actually watched RTTE before I watched the others and I never felt particularly lost. I got the gist of their backstories with the characters I didn't know and everything else. It helped that there were literal flashbacks at times.