Tiffany Haddish will star in "Tuca & Bertie," Netflix's new animated series from the team behind "BoJack Horseman”

Tiffany Haddish will star in "Tuca & Bertie," Netflix's new animated series from the team behind "BoJack Horseman”
>Netflix is adding to its animation slate.
>The streaming giant has handed out a straight-to-series order for Tuca and Bertie, a 10-episode animated comedy with Tiffany Haddish set to voice one of the leads.
>From the team behind BoJack Horseman, the animated comedy revolves around the friendship between two 30-year-old bird women who live in the same apartment building: Tuca (Haddish), a cocky-care-free toucan, and Bertie, an anxious, day-dreaming songbird. (Bertie has not yet been cast.)
>Lisa Hanawalt (BoJack) created the series and exec produces alongside Raphael Bob-Waksberg (BoJack), Noel Bright (BoJack, Friends), Steven A. Cohen (BoJack, Jack & Bobby) and Haddish. The series hails from Michael Eisner's Tornante Co. Animation will be done by Shadowmachine.
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tiffany-haddish-voice-lead-character-netflix-straight-series-animated-comedy-1086637

So the real question is: will they share a universe?

Other urls found in this thread:

lisahanawalt.com/tuca-the-toucan/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Probably

I’m getting a Regular Show vibe from the premise

They seem to have seen a potential in using BoJack’s world to tell smaller-scale or “lighter” stories. Don’t think it can go full RS because having an ancient video game god materialize or whatever would be out-of-place with the grounding of the universe that’s already been established but still could be wackier like Todd’s plots.
I’m surprised they didn’t find some way to squeeze the introduction of these characters into BoJack first though, although I guess it not being an episodic show makes it difficult to do the traditional spin-off ‘backdoor pilot’. Or maybe it’s coming next season.
Either way, from the character designs and logo I think even if they’re not explicitly placing this in BoJack’s world (and I think they most likely actually are) they’re leaving the possibility of a crossover wide open, definitey not distancing themselves in any way to avoid the audience from getting that impression

Reptilian mammaries
Snake tits
Scalie boobies
Leather jugs

Hoping it will actually be funny, I dropped Bojack after they decided they wanted to go full drama

imo BoJack manages to be both, I feel like even though the plot's drama got heavy the show never became hard to watch (by way of intensity nor heavy-handedness) and the jokes remained frequent and solid. It's a well-written serialized show with its own tone, but I guess if you were just going in expecting an Archer or Simpsons then it wouldn't be appealing.
I have a feeling this new one will try to have some emotional depth so as to not disappoint longtime BoJack fans but it won't be at the same level of darkness - if the show just copies BoJack's plot structure and themes there wouldn't be much of a point to making it

that's what we're all here for

I hope this is as wild as RS

Apparently Tuca's a character the creator has had for a while
lisahanawalt.com/tuca-the-toucan/

It'll join the great pantheon of cartoons for 30-something women alongside Producing Parker and... Disney movies? In any case, bravo on expanding the medium!

On one hand this seems to deny suspicions, on the other... so much winking

>the worst character of Bojack is the only female one of the main cast
>now make a show all about them

Oh good, I can't wait to be told how America hates women more than it loves... I dunno, hamburgers.

>Actress or actor looking like they actually see and interact with their animated counterpart.

>cancelled after the first season

>Netflix
>giving anything less than two seasons

this one is getting cancelled

I'm guessing it'll have like one background moment where Horsing Around is playing on a television but that it.

But Todd isn't a woman.
And the best character in Bojack is a female.

Tiffany Haddish is my slutfu

Haddish was a scene stealer on The Carmichael Show.

this guy gets it

Great taste