ATHEISM GENERAL - Atheists get in!

Why are atheists considered evil by some people on Sup Forums? Is it a new meme or what? Obviously only a retard would believe in a god in 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE
youtube.com/watch?v=wOJMbMWY-0c
atheism.about.com/od/philosophyofreligion/a/marx_4.htm
snopes.com/politics/quotes/undermine.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=MtTeCyrgjIQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because without a moral code on which to base their ethics atheists inevitably descend into materialistic relativism

When theists pick and chose what parts of their holy text to base their morality on they are exercising the same discrimination and moral judgements that non religious people do.

Only with extra irony.

>atheism general

When religious people do this it's because of a failure to correctly follow an objective morality which exists; when on-religious people do it it's because they have no objective morality to follow.

Because unfortunately most atheists are left wing and left wing people are scum

>Why are atheists evil
Ask them. If they don't lie, they'll give you the reason.
>Is it a new meme
>in 2016
:^)

Atheists are evil because atheism is memetic AIDS.

I cannot comprehend the existence of God anymore. I've gone through different stages over my life, all different types of beliefs. But now, my brain is not able to fathom God. I just cannot believe in God. I lack the ability. How people think this is a positive, honorable trait worthy to brag about is beyond me. I wish I could believe in God, that I could receive his support and blessings. The world is degenerate and I have no support to fall back on other than my (flawed) self.

Correct, but descent into evil is the norm for atheism whereas theists (excluding Muslims) have moral codes that condemn and exclude those who break their rules.

Because you believe God would give you his blessings?
He created this world.
He killed billions in the Old Testament.
No matter if you believe in him or not. He is a jerk.

Hail Satan and welcome in Hell.

>I cannot comprehend the existence of God anymore.
If you did, I'd find it more strange.
>I just can't
That's because you are looking in the wrong places. You probably have all sorts of definitions and such you go to. That's not how you 'get' a person. Go talk to God.

youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE

Their is no objective morality only human convention, developed by genetics and managed by culture.

Non religious people know the difference between wrong and right. While religious people must be told.

Only a tard deals in absolutes.

>God is not real, but I hate Him

>He created this world.
And we let it be ruined by kikes. Or rather, our ancestors did. Not that our generation is doing all that much better.
>He killed billions in the Old Testament.
..and they were asking for it. Child sacrifice, cannibalism, occultism, depravity, homosexuality, rapine...

Look... Here is what I think.
1. What's so bad about materialism? It's pretty much just being realistic.
2. Our morale is based on common sense and on following the laws. People should also be judged by laws rather than religious doctrine. Doesn't it make sense?

How do you talk to something that doesn't exist and is just a fairy-tale? My schizophrenic patient truly believe she's married to Sean P Diddy Combes, but how do I talk to her delusion?

>Obviously only a retard would believe in a god in 2016
This right here is why everyone hates you. You aren't an atheist, you're a nihilist edgelord. Bravo.

>What's so bad about materialism?
The axioms and premises it relies on result in a pointless, autistic world and existence. Why would you do anything in a world like that?
>I'm hungry so I eat
You miss the point.
>It's pretty much just being realistic.
False. Radio waves existed throughout history and pre-history. Materialists would think of them as gibberish, were it not for proof only available nowadays.

But this is misleading because there is no god. Why wouldn't you just make a list of morale rules to follow? Instead of lying to yourself and other people?

In the end, Lucifer was right about Mankind, and about God himself.
Shame he fell for being right.

Yep, atheism+ is a pain in the ass, and the entire reason I distance myself from atheism in general.

For real though, this whole debate would be over if:
>Atheists stopped acting like smug cunts towards religious people.
>Religious people stopped shoving their faith down people's throats.
>Inb4 BUT IT'S A FEW BAD APPLES THAT RUIN RELIGION/AHTEISM: Yes, I know. The problem is that their communities aren't calling them out on it.

>People should also be judged by laws rather than religious doctrine
SJWs push for more regulation for this purpose. Because they, too, think this way. They just have more numbers than you, and a different taste.

You have no moral high ground over them.
>Common sense
Yeah, Logos is the way. Tolstoy had an issue with the alternatives, and so have I.

Please explain how did you learn the difference between right and wrong. How did you come to the conclusion that A is right and B is wrong?

>In the end, Lucifer was right about Mankind
That' we'd be like God now that we have morality? Ha ha ha.
>and about God himself
Really? Now what would those claims be?

>Why would you do anything in a world like that?
You wouldn't. Life is meaningless, we are just another form for proteins to exist. Telling yourself there is god and meaning is lying to yourself. My common sense tells me it's stupid to confuse yourself, I prefer truth.

b/c Sup Forums thinks atheism is the root of degeneracy and the current world state is due to it

Atheism is not beliveing in a god-figure. Thats like, it.

I support Trump, mostly the GOP, despise democraps and liberals,fucking hate commies, etc...

Nothing of my beliefs is shaped by atheism. Its shaped by common sense, and living as an atheist is 99,9% the same as living as a christian.

That said, fucking Deus Vult, lets do this

this

Also how do you make laws? You would perhaps say common sense again, but can you define common sense? What is common sense and what is not?

The truth is that the laws that most countries use are founded on religion.

But I thought the Old Testament was officially void anyways.

Nah, older than that. When he refused to bow, claiming Men unworthy of his obedience, and that they can't be the perfect creature in Creation, and thus, God was wrong for creating them.
First Earth (before the flood) prove him right.
Actual Earth doesn't look that good.

If God truly created us.. Worst parents EVER.

Parents have thr obligatiob to take care of the child only until it's grown enough to take care of itself.

There is no right and wrong, don't be stupid. It depends on a question. Wearing your left shoe on your left leg is right, and on the right leg is wrong. But if we're talking about complicated social decisions there is never a correct answer, everyone acts according to risks and profits.

Everyone does that anyways, thanks to capitalism.

Also, religion isn't the only source of scruples.

Atheist reportin'

I dont need brainwashing from priests. I get it from media already.

Pyre for you.

That Image triggers my inner autist. Atheism is no religion or belief. It doesnt even belong in this list. Atheism is the rejection of any religious belief, however it is not the religion of science and big bangs. You can worship kek and claim ghosts are real and act like the earth is flat and still be an atheist

>jews conducting child sacrifice
>jews rebelling against God all the time
>jews having their special status revoked in favor of goyim
>golden calf
>pic related
If it is too "pro-jewish" you are probably reading some modern translation.

>Older than that
>When he refused to bow
That's NT, though.
I fear you are serious, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=wOJMbMWY-0c
Take a redpill.

I think it's more one of those
"No belief" vs "Belief in nothing" deals

>can you define common sense? What is common sense and what is not?
>The truth is that the laws that most countries use are founded on religion.
You are right. Common sense is what helps the survival of our species and each one of us. It's our instincts developed by billions of years of evolution. Obviously first it was religion, and religion is also laws created by people (since there is no god), bible is like an old book of laws. Modern laws are the next step. Laws supposed to secure the safety and freedom of every person, but only to extent that does not hurt other people's lives and freedom. That is instinctive common sense, just as other animals usually protect each other and try to survive themselves.

If your morals are based on what a character in a book thinks is wrong or right then you are an idiot

Nah, it's ok.
I believe in God. Worst parents are still parents.
We'll all get what we deserve in the end. If I'm right, I'll probably end in Hell, I'm ok with that. If I'm wrong and our Eternal Father is not what he appears, I'll be happy to be wrong then.

>Please explain how did you learn the difference between right and wrong. How did you come to the conclusion that A is right and B is wrong?
Evolution that shaped my brain into one that thinks in ways that enhance my personal survival as a group member.
Logical though, by thinking through actions and outcomes to judge the merit of a choice.
Observational evidence of what actually happens when people act in set ways.
Cultural observations of what are generally accepted moral actions and how they relate back to logic and observations.

The exact same means used by people that created religion in order to control a population.

And for clarification right and wrong are judgements, rather than statements of objective truth.

>asks for political affiliation
>"no political affiliation" is a tap
Your autism is simply due to the identity politics.

Atheism can be cured by reading and understanding Dostoevsky

can we all take a moment and remember that Satan did nothing wrong, and he was a red pilled proto-libertarian

"book"
Some people believed in the Fascist book written by Mussolini.
Some people believed in the Communist Manifest, still a book.
Religion is no different, except it's written with the form of a fictionous novel.

>russian brainwashing

Thats a spook

>everyone acts according to risks and profits.
I don't believe that is true for most people in most cases.
Humans are terrible at game theory outcomes and optimal actions.

Indeed.
Lucifer, the first Sup Forums.

I don't think atheists are evil, just stfu if you don't believe in nothing. Guess what?
You grandparents & ancestors believed in something, but you're just too redpilled, so keep it to yourself genius.

But atheism is just fine. :^)
atheism.about.com/od/philosophyofreligion/a/marx_4.htm

>Why are atheists considered evil

An atheist, a vegan, and a pothead walk into a bar.
Everyone in the bar knew it, because none of those insufferable cunts ever shut the fuck up about it.

Perhaps I should say I believe in God... but he's not alone.

An agnostic Catholic jaded by the fuckery in church here.

not evil just faggots and stupid as fuck

>Lucifer, the greedy merchant who became full of violence and claims to be God
>first Sup Forums
First jew he is.

Fake quote
snopes.com/politics/quotes/undermine.asp

>coming from a finn

Mongol bro pls, stop trying to be as degenerate as the NA.

We're talking about morality, not shoes. Now why is killing bad? Why wouldn't I murder the first person I see on the street? It would benefit me, because he might be competing for the same job with me, and he consumes resources that I could later need. But then again that is against the law which is based on religion. So I don't do it because it would make me a social outcast and it is against the morality that religion had instilled in us all. For example in some religions murder was a common think, or at least human sacrifice.
And I agree with that. I should point out that I'm actually agnostic and am advocating for the need of a state religion and not for the belief in God. In other words you can believe in whatever you want as long as you don't undermine the official religion and morals that it brings. Sadly most atheist are too self absorbed to grasp the benefits of organized religion and that makes them rather unpleasant.

Add the fact that some people say Satan + Lucifer aren't really evil, and are angels by God.

Except they have been victims of evil churches, like how Trump's painted as evil incarnate by a few (read: media and billionaires) with selfish interests.

Humans have the most developed brains so we are better at game theory than all the other animals. However evolution went only so far, and we cannot compete with computers set to solve difficult game tasks.

But Jews hates him, that's make him a good guy, right?

Beside, what's wrong in wanting to be as powerful as a the main authority when said authority is wrong?

Obviously muslims evolved differently because they find it normal to stone people to death and have more than one wife. Nevermind that according to the theory of evolution we have the same ancestors.

The russian poster is infinitely wiser than you, fedora autist.

I have researched this, modern Christians think the old testament is void because the 'new law' replaced the 'old law' and there was a Bible passage that confirms this.

Being moral is not about religion its about family education. Look what Moral code mislims had.

Maybe he is actually a trap card by God, or actually a shelter for people who decided to be free by defiance, and with God's will.
It would be the biggest plot twist of all times.

Someday we find out that no quote is real. Thanks though.

>as degenerate as the NA
NA is cancer, yes. The reason the worst types of Christians and "Christians" are there is because they were kicked out of our continent, or decided to flee by themselves.
As for atheism and communism, they are both cancer. Even if a communist / atheist wanted good - legitimately, they'd be that hipster Muslim.

Circular reasoning

Sounds like re-written of History to me.
It's like Hitler went back in time and come back saying he never killed anyone.

>But Jews hates him
What? The only reason they may want Lucifer banned is because he would be an antisemitic caricature, and that would be bad for the jews.

>atheism

Why would i want a imaginary supportive figure to pray to? Im not a weakling, i believe in myself and get shit done.

Dumbass. Religion is a set of moral codes to live by. Without it, you get faggots and commies running around. Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth you heathens

>Now why is killing bad?
It's not.
>Why wouldn't I murder the first person I see on the street?
Because
1) You'll get jailed
2) What is a profit for you to do this?
3) If you have profit and it's so big for you, you can do that and go to jail, nothing stops you
>law which is based on religion
It is not. Apple is red and blood is red, so apples are made of blood. This is your logic.
>So I don't do it because it would make me a social outcast and it is against the morality that religion had instilled in us all.
Remove the "that religion had instilled in us all" part.
>the benefits of organized religion
What benefits? To confuse the masses?

>same ancestors

literaly irrelevant, unless you hate yourself being an offspring of a monkey mutant

All cars have the same ancestors- its the people that continued to work after Ford T that made our shitty Yugos or pussy catching BMWs

Culture is a huge part of social evolution. While we have our gay Priuses, muslims are still thinking how wheels work and how kafir they are. Hence why the west reaches for the limits, and sandniggers and vanilla niggers live in dirt.

>This thread

>imaginary
Why do you need to lie? Using straw men is not very productive, unless...
>I'm no weakling
Then why would you even bring it up? You're like a textbook atheist from C.S. Lewis' book, Screwtape letters. Actually a good read.

>"Actions speak louder than words"
Sounds like a truism, no? But it implies also, that truth lies in action. There's always a next step.

Religion in general caused more wars and blood than any of nazi/commie/terrorists combined!
You dont need to be religious to be a good person!
Whole bilbe is filled with gore and punishments, much like quaran, so what good thing it can teach?
Ill prefer to read a historic or sociology book instead

>It's not.
You say that nothing is bad/evil, and then you defend atheism from the accusation that it is. Why? Because you gain from it?

Get a load of this goytomaton.

Then what is this
>elevated
religion you're talking about?

I just don't give a shit about religion and I don't believe there's a big old dude in the clouds watching me while I'm taking a shit.

Yet I don't walk around and yell,"I'M AN ATHEIST BECAUSE (...)"

I just don't care about this stuff and I never will. Also I'm not slamming anyone for their beliefs and yet Sup Forums thinks I'm some evil fedora wearing dickhead.

in all defense to religion, thats b/c for thousands of years in most cases there was nothing else to fight about. Once the resource war part of history kicked in it flew under the flag of religion when in most cases religion was secondary

Pretty much this, but i just dont get religious people that chant out loud in public. We got those here.

>JESUS LOVES YOU! BELIEEVEEE!!!

I agree with all of this, but then again religion plays a big part in every culture. Therefore religion is also responsible for our development.
1) I pointed that out.
2)I pointed that out as well.
3)And nothing stops everyone else killing each other for resources until the society is no more. You'll say, then if that's bad for them they won't do it, but you miss the fact that not all people see it. There are people who kill just for the sheer pleasure of it. And if that was socially accepted how would you feel if someone murdered a close relative of yours and then this man went unpunished?

And that's where the benefits of religion lie, namely to control the masses.

And yes modern laws are based on the basic laws of religion. Don't steal, don't murder etc. etc.

You should be happy, back in time you had crusaders screaming "heresy", and cutting heads everywhere.
That was religious preaching.

Literally no war ever was fought simply because of religion. There was always another reason and religion is just the casus belli.

This

>Only a tard deals in absolutes.

That is an absolutist statement. Were you dropped on your head?

Resourses is a cause but why to cover this need of resourses with religious bullshit like deus wult or some shit. That gives religion a bad name. Atheism and science never been a cause of war

You would't even have historic or sociology before the XVIIth century if there was no Catholic Church to protect knowledge since the Fall of the Roman Empire in first place.

>Religion in general caused more wars and blood than any of nazi/commie/terrorists combined!
Two aspects I'd like to bring up.
First, not all wars are equal. Two tribes of 1000 strength fighting each other and losing ~15% of their men does not equate to Red Terror. Even if there were, say, numerically more of those tribal fights.
The most brutal expansion campaigns did not have a religious cause. Be it Gengis Khan or Alexander the Great, Western Imperialism or whatever you have. The only religious expansion that has actually been promoted by the doctrine of the religion has been Islamic conquest, and Judaic, assuming it happened, of course (given the prevalence of "burn everything down and break their stuff" attitude in the Middle East, finding Archaeological proof of actual events is difficult).
Secondly, you imply that
>"pain is evil, get it out get it out!"
Why would you do such a thing? You are not in pain, you live in relative peace and safety. As do all the people who argue like you do. Why is all blood equal? Animals eat each other all the time, why are you not equal to them? Because of your feelings? You demand God to do things a certain way because of your fee fees.
>You dont need to be religious to be a good person!
youtube.com/watch?v=MtTeCyrgjIQ

>Whole bilbe is filled with gore and punishments
So is our entertainment and hopes ("Day of the rope").

>Ill prefer to read a historic or sociology book instead
Why is it one or the other? Why not both? Why is it a zero sum game?

first post best post

>that picture

Morality is made up.
Your morality is entirely different from mudslimes morality therefore morality is subjective. You have no evidence that your god is real while mudslimes god is fake therefore your morality is equally valid.

This is mathematic proof that morality is relative.

As for ethics We basw our ethics on reason and evidence to construct the social code which is the most productive to building a prosperous functioning society.
Our ethics > your ethics.

DAILY REMINDER:

All christians are absolute cucks.

You won't trust me, so ask God.

Can't agree more.

All bait is a distress call. However, not all distress calls need to be answered. When a babby cries, it might calm down soon after.

I'll wait a bit.

>commies were atheists
>that gives atheism a bad name
>that's why I'm not an atheist
Are you really that shallow?

All Abrahamic religions at their core, were created for caring out the most degenerate acts in human history.
Especially Christianity. It's basically a pedo-assimilation hand book.