Country chooses its ruler by Mortal Kombat

>Country chooses its ruler by Mortal Kombat
>It's a Utopia centuries ahead of the rest of the world
So, is MORTAL KOMBAT the most efficient way to choose our rulers?

Only because they don't have Street Fighter.

Yes, we should also replace lawyers with trials by combat

fpbp

it mostly works as long as the kings actually give a shit about it's country and people. Trial by combat would essentially eliminate really old people trying to lead and allow younger people more opportunities to take part.

Remeber what happened in the Flintstones comic

the whole black panther story makes no sense, their economy makes no sense, they political sistem makes no sense, their religion makes no sense

Black Panther worldbuilding was always really weak

I think pic related would be a better choice

It's more veto by Mortal Kombat. Otherwise it's just a regular monarchy.

What I didn't get was, there were 5 tribes: River, Border, Mining, Merchant and Mountain.

Which one was T'Challa and his family from?

Royal?

Between godlike aliens able to break entire realities and genetic freaks capable of shooting lighting out of their hands, this was the one that broke your suspension of disbelief?

This brings up an interesting point i've seen around; If members of the royal family seemingly have the right to challenge the monarch to mortal kombat whenever they feel like, why didn't killmonger challenge old man T'chaka?

Wouldn't that be 6 tribes, though?

Or can the panther line change based on whoever is king by combat in case there are challenges?

presumably an unbroken single line from the first king?

>a feudal system that keeps its ruling class in maximal luxury while the overwhelming majority of the population literally lives in mud huts, that hasn't advanced past the political form of a fucking tribal system
>utopia
No user, Wakanda is a complete shithole for everyone except the guy who was chosen to win at Mortal Kombat.

Can the King name the Black Panther as their champion? Wasn't T'Challa still BP back then?

I think we only see him adopt the mantle after his father was killed by Zemo

No because those are things that aren't real.
Politics, economies, and people are all real.

That messes with my autism.

I'd rather there were 6 and each had their own spirit animal a la power rangers.

We already have panther, ape and rhyno, I guess.

>Merchant tribe

No wonder Sup Forums are pissed.

Also shouldn't there be some kind of royal guard based tribe, similar to not-Ireland in Skyrim with the an Craites like user says? Or does T'Challa belong to one of the five tribes?

Probably Mining. The Vibranium mine has a huge Panther statue in front of it, and since Vibranium is the most important thing in Wakanda it stands to reason the royal tribe would have control over it.

>Politics, economies, and people are all real.

The ones that exist in the same setting of what I just mentioned, what's your point?

They did have red clothing like the Dora Milaje.

It was the border one that betrayed them, though. The merchant and mining we're basically padding.

killmonger didnt know where wakanda was.

they have insane technology everywhere in their capital, and then surrounding areas at tribal mudhut levels. It doesnt make any sense. It's not even a large nation either; historically small but wealthy nations have an easy time ensuring a high average standard of living

It was an unbroken line of a highly competent Royal Family, and was only fucked up when someone who was of Royal Blood but not raised within the family came along and used the rules to take power. The Panther God probably laid down some really damn good advice on ruling that T'Challa's family had followed for their time in power.

That we can judge fictional real things by how similar they are to real life but we can't judge fictional totally unreal things by real life

he had to have known where it was otherwise killing Klaw before he showed him where it was would have been retarded.

>wealthy nations have an easy time ensuring a high average standard of living
And yet we do see that the populace seems to be living outside of the large city, in the fields, get a flying saucer to visit them, take whatever ressources they owe as taxes and fuck off back to their ivory towers.
Wakanda is Saudi Arabia, just replace the oil with vibranium. You know it's true.

There was no reason for his whole vibranium heist sub-plot with klau to begin with. Why didn't he just bend him over a table, get the location of wakanda (if he didn't already know, that is), kill Klau and go to wakanda?

Probably could have made it in time for the ritual challenge thing too

>If members of the royal family seemingly have the right to challenge the monarch to mortal kombat whenever they feel like, why didn't killmonger challenge old man T'chaka?
Old man was well liked. He needed to strike when a new unproven king was crowned, who could then be discredited by failing to capture Klaw. As you might have noticed, he made sure Klaw escaped purely for that purpose. And then he really doesn't need Klaw alive anymore. He might have spared Klaw if he smuggles him into Wakanda as Killmonger asked, but since Klaw refused he went through the front door with Klaw's body as a gift.

Guns, so primitive.

*fights to the death with spears*

I assumed that was to keep up the appearance of being a remote and undeveloped 3rd world speck. Maybe members of each tribal group all take shifts living and working in the more rural areas.

Except the mountain tribe, who perpetually get the shaft, explaining why they're so bitter. And why everyone else is so uncomfortable around them.

It's literally the same line as the lightsaber being a more elegant weapon.

If there is a magic-based economy in the far off country of Elfland, I'm not going to think about its stance on tariffs regarding fire skink mucus and electric squid leather, because I'm not an autist that overthinks shit like that and just take things at face value in the setting as working because it should.

Killmonger wanted revenge. He didn't want to obtain position as king just to be king, he wanted to restructure the entire country.

He was trained in covert ops to destabilize countries. He knew that just rolling in, killing the king, and having no social will or political leverage behind him is suicide. Wakanda may have a code of ethics, but given the final fight scene, some warriors probably would have been fine killing an unjust/unwanted king.

So killing Klaw was a way for him to gain favor. It gave him allies, which got him brought into the country and an audience with the king.

It's time for Wakandans.. to end

Pretty much this.

>Also shouldn't there be some kind of royal guard based tribe
Dora Milaje in the comics came from every tribe, but they were also potential wives of the king. The MCU mad it clear that their version is not a harem but was an actual royal guard, who serves the throne and ONLY the throne, and will fight their own home tribes if necessary.

Lightsabers are prettier, at least.

Klaw is the only outsider to have got into Wakanda and survived. His dad probably told him how to get in assuming he'd be coming with him as the son of a Prince, not as a invader so he needed to gain Klaw's trust to get info.

it was stupid with the lightsaber but somewhat made sense considering that jedis are so fucking broken then can reach the point where blasters no longer pose any threat to them.
With wakandan spears, it's just stupid as it's pretty clearly stated that only BP is significantly more powerful than the rest.

wakandans sorta have that too with energy shielding and vibranium ballistic weave. I'm guessing they probably had a phase where they used guns, and then had to switch to melee because they got outpaced by their defensive technology

Ah a fellow Samurai Shodown fag. Fear brother, you may feel alone but I assure you we will rise from the ashes

Shogun decided by samurai shodown is more or less how it went.

Shogun was a military based dictator though

>And yet we do see that the populace seems to be living outside of the large city, in the fields, get a flying saucer to visit them, take whatever ressources they owe as taxes and fuck off back to their ivory towers.
>Wakanda is Saudi Arabia, just replace the oil with vibranium. You know it's true.
Nearly every piece of their technology is designed to be hidden from sight. They have energy shields disguised as cloaks, cannons disguised as spears, and hologram displays disguised as bracelets. At this point I wouldn't be surprised that all the "mud huts" have air conditioning and wifi.

It's probably more likely they just constantly appealed to MUH TRUHDESHON, but we all know the real reason is because Wakanda is a wacky African Fantasy Land that's a mash up of all the best stereotypes and amped up with superscience.
Klaw made a gun and Killmonger pretty much said the spears work as an anti-tank round.

Air conditioning and wifi is low tier, I wouldn't be surprised if the mud hut parts were just the surface/foyer and they just walk down into supermansions.

It's the border tribe's job to live on and protect the border. The mining tribe mines, the river tribe is probably in charge of aquaculture, the mountain tribe does whatever they want because fuck you, and the merchant tribe incurs the wrath of Sup Forums

No, you're an autist who knows shit about being a writter and try to judge others who giving a fuck about the quality of a story

I hope you never called any movie/book/comic shitty in your life because that would make you hipocrital

>Klaw made a gun
I love the thought that went into his gun.
Basically, it was a vibranium mining tool. And it is so powerful because it is designed to deactivate vibranium, in order to break it apart. That was why he was able to blow up the vibranium-shield car.

I guess the reason Wakanda doesn't use it as a weapon themselves, is because they use Vibranium for everything. So using that weapon put themselves in danger.

It's almost like Wakandans are elf-tier arrogant and she gets her shit wrecked a minute later.

So is a caste system

>Arrogancy
I don't think you know that this word means

The heist of the vibranium from a museum gave Klaw something to sell. This put him on Wakanda's radar.

Killmonger's game was two fold. To show T'Challa failing... and then to show he could succeed where T'Challa had failed. Setting Klaw up to be discovered by giving him vibranium to sell, along with prepping to break him out immediately after (and then kill him to prove his worth). That was his game.

>Except the mountain tribe, who perpetually get the shaft, explaining why they're so bitter. And why everyone else is so uncomfortable around them.
I am getting the impression that they are like the Amish mixed with Spartans. They feel too much technology dependence makes them weak, so they deliberately keep their own tech lower.

Don't you mean king of fighters

Neither do you. You meant "arrogance". "Arrogancy" isn't a word, and it didn't appear in the post you quoted.

Nah, you're just an autist that overthinks shit because you have nothing better to do than theorycrafting on how the space octopus managed to make it to Earth from Jupiter in under 3 minutes without any visible means of propulsion.

Nah, they've got a resource with so many properties and uses that it effectively eliminates scarcity, therefore the need for more complex internal and external politics, allowing them to keep a stagnant and archaic system of government.

Might Makes Right

They all have equal standing, so not really

They have a monopoly on the best metal in the known universe so their economy is high since they are the only ones who can gibs vibranium to the non wakandan subhumans. Also they live in Nigfrica that place is loaded with resources.

>king of fighters

Death Franchises may not apply.

>hurr ifs its not a liberal cuckfest its a shithole
Fuck off libtard you are seeing that blacks are not the egalitarian angels you think they are, blacks originally had harsh caste systems where it was impossible to move up the social ladder period, these humans dont even think about equality at all.

You're thinking of Mahvel

One word

TRADITION

Also SF is kool but V a shit.

>blacks originally had harsh caste systems where it was impossible to move up the social ladder period
Just like most if not of Europe until the 18th century.

Isn't it closer to bloody roar? There's even ground bounce combos and Animal installs.

This is a retarded question, but how do they mine and process vibranum if it's so goddamned indestructible? The fact that Americans during WWI managed to make a shield out of a piece of it is kind of weird already as it is.

>elf-tier arrogant

Wakandas do behave a lot like the elves you see in Warhammer and TES. Very arrogant, snobbish people. But it get worse, becuase at least the elves have dwarves to have banter with, Wakandas have no one.

ANyone has that image of Superman, Goku and Fox laughing at crying Thanos?

Yes and blacks unlike whites dont feel any hint of shame at their unequal societies at all, they would go back to them as soon as whites fuck off and stop trying to force them to be egalitarian. The average rich Nigerian would laugh at the idea of giving a cent to even a middle class Nigerian.

Probably because they had a million years to figure it out. How did we put lightning in a rock to make it think?

Its probably easier to work with in its ore state when it might be full of impurities like other metals are, while refining it into the metal proper makes it insanely strong.

Also like with the Herb the Panther God probably told them how.

>Wakandas have no one.
Atlanteans

T'Challa is a brainlet compared to actual Wakandan scientist who are actually behind all of the advancements in that country and also refuse to share it with outsiders.

You guys really believe having a mma fighter as your presidet would do any good?

I don't know, last time I checked (and it was a long time ago so my information is probably outdated) it took the Beyonder's power just to weld a few broken pieces of adamantium together.

>Yes and blacks unlike whites dont feel any hint of shame at their unequal societies at all
... REALLY. Is that what you genuinely feel? Amazing that you managed to both be racist, and at the same time claiming the people you are discriminating are more racist than you.

Wondering if they plan on recreating the heart shaped herb crop or if they're gonna make T'Challa the last powered panther

It's working for Wakanda.

They will pull a Hickman and come up with KING OF THE DEAD THAT GIVES YOU MORE POWER THAN HERBS.

Funny enough, T'Challa was just as smart as Reed Richards in the comics. Thank God the MCU version doesn't have that.

considering our current one is one part yes-man and one part controversial distraction machine, all we really need for a good president is an inspiring figurehead.

A good fighter would be pretty inspiring, and all he has to do is sign the paperwork and follow the speeches written for him, which is slightly better than what Trump is doing.

Theoretical? yes, if you have a king and hierarchy, or 2 fractions fighting, and their followers bow to the fight result. It might be better for saving ressources and people.
But you might get someone who is bad at being king, just a strong fighter.
And no if its something complex like democraty or republic. And regarding how people behave, followers will call it unfair ur someone tricked. See sports where clear goals often are called not countable or election in africa where followers go rioting for their leader.

To be fair he's accusing blacks of being classists rather than racist.

Magneto fucking ripped out the adamantium out of Wolverine in one issue and Wolverine eventually got it back.

>To be fair he's accusing blacks of being classists rather than racist.
And to pretend Europe and America aren't classists is once again, so unlikely that i have to accuse him of playing dumb.

Can't be worse the the inefficient, divisive president that the US has right now

>Magneto fucking ripped out the adamantium out of Wolverine in one issue and Wolverine eventually got it back.
That is allowed because admantium is unbreakable, but no one said it is inelastic. So you can rip the stuff out of Wolverine without breaking any piece of it.

>Trump but he can do karate super good

Because T'Challa had the right to refuse combat due to it not taking place at the proper time. He didn't because he was angry at Killmonger and his father, felt a bit guilty, and was also prideful.

The trial by combat thing seemed more like a ceremony they did out of tradition. When M'Baku rolled up to challenge him, everyone else seemed pretty stunned that anyone would ACTUALLY do the trial.

they dont need trade when they have a internally self sustaining techbased society. plus they state that the mountain of magic metal is fuck huge and theyve still got a ways to go before its depleted.

>self sustaining techbased society
Gentiles that cant be enslaved by our banks, oh no this wont do at all.

>just as smart as Reed Richards
Let's not exaggerate. T'Challa was, at best, the third smartest in the world. Reed and Doom still grossly outrank him.