What's your least favourite individual Adventure Time episode...

What's your least favourite individual Adventure Time episode? 'The Red Throne' and 'Breezy' are accepted but not encouraged.

It's hard to remember what my favorite episode is in a 9-season show, but ... I know it had good music and cute girls in it.

I Remember You

The source of all the awful overextended lorefaggotry that ruined this show

SURPRISE!!!

The thing is bad episodes you don´t even remember them.

Man do I have to pick just one? Dream of Love probably

Something Big

What was wrong with it?

all of them
its a gay show

I'd say Bad Timing but autists get angry when I do that so

Thin Yellow Line or Bonnibel Bubblegum
Both of which share this focus on making PB seem (not allowed to say evil because that angers the autists) "morally questionable" and it's so outrageously out of character, it's not at all entertaining, and it only seems to dip it's toes into the idea of it but is too afraid to make PB actually bad for it to be interesting. there's also this element of annoying obfuscation where you aren't exactly sure what happened so they're free to imply whatever without actually being held to anything solid so it never really impacts anything. I mean, we know PB did something, but what does it actually change in the context of the show, she isn't doing it anymore, it's rather vague if she was ever bad at all, and none of the character's opinion about her change. The Banana guards never really seemed afraid of PB in the first place, so they don't become less so after the apology. Finn was never scared or doubtful about PB, and he was not more so after learning about this stuff. There's no real pay off to any of it.

Bonnibel still has time to make an impact given how recent it is, we know she made the Candy Citizens retarded on purpose, we know she made the Candy Kingdom entirely alone, we know that she got some weird kicks out of commanding them, and maybe someone will fucking care.

Maybe Abstract, it's just such a "it's fucking nothing episode," and it has this stupid "he used to paint good but now he paints trash and you should be okay with that because change is good, no matter how ridiculous the change is" message veiled behind modernist rhetoric. It also comes with the problem of how poorly Jermaine has been handled throughout the series, just how heavily he's associated with Jake despite Finn being his brother too, je sometimes straight up jocks the cosmic owls job, and is just overall boring to watch.

But this was a great episode, what's your problem with it?

Breezy is what finally convinced me to stop watching.

Not him but, singing and crying is not an interesting episode, I can go sulk in the basement and sing myself nursery rhymes, I don't need a cartoon for that.

I envy you.

It's the episode Fun!Marceline died.

Chips and Ice Cream
Water Park Prank

My real answer is Red Throne but other than that I guess Chips and Ice Cream or Box Prince. Both 11 minutes of void, fucking nothing is going on, the writers apparently think the stupid cute shit they have on screen is something worth showing us, they're shit.

Paper Pete is a perfectly fine episode OP, though I could see how one would find it boring. I still like it.

Shit, I went full retard I thought OP said best episodes.
Worst episodes are the Fionna and Cake episodes.

Breezy made me quit watching for years even though I recently came back and love it again.

Red Throne because I couldn't be bothered to watch it after that turd thudded to the floor.

>came back and love it again
shit opinion

This is offtopic but can anybody tell me what is this flower in PB's hair?

Looks like a Magnolia

Singing and crying makes for the best episodes.

Are you the same guy that whines in every thread whenever someone praises a newer episode

Go watch SU faggot

What?

oh, there's some guy that spergs out every time Islands or Elements is said to be good and he always posts the same things over and over

maye you're not good at telling who is the same person then

Dude you've said this in like 3 separate threads, and got btfo each time.

>Worst episodes are the Fionna and Cake episodes
Fucking THIS.

The first two were great; fun adventures with entertaining characters. Every Fionna & Cake episode after that was just wasted potential that the writers instead spent on making pretentious, artsy bullshit. At this point, I feel like barely anyone on the crew in the later seasons was even capable of writing actually funny or engaging stories.

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, WHERE'S THE FUCKING FIONNA ART NOWADAYS?!

I already do faggot. If you don't want crying and singing why are you watching AT? That shit's been there since season 1.

I'm not going to say they are the worst but I submit that Tree Trunks is an awful character and episodes that revolve around her are garbage.

I guess you could say the Fionna and Cake eps succeeded, in that they perfectly captured that cringy fanfiction vibe, but they're definitely my least favorites overall.

I know Box Prince is dumb as shit but I love it for some reason, has that comfy vibe I've always dug about AT

The weirdest shit is how the adventure time crew refuses to acknowledge certain characters are bad people because it will piss off the fanbase. Treetrunks and PB are two major examples, both having done really reprehensible shit with no consequences. And is it just me, or is finn the only one who's not allowed to get away with doing anything even remotely sketchy?

What is Finn looking for?

How to enjoy getting cucked?

Most of the fanart producing part of the AT moved onto to other things seasons ago.

>tfw you will never get to experience AT art threads in their prime

These are the correct answers.
Also, Breezy is a great episode.

>he used to paint good but now he paints trash and you should be okay with that because change is good, no matter how ridiculous the change is
The change isn't portrayed as good or bad, it's just change. The point of the episode is that people can change, yet still be the same. Jake was afraid of losing his identity because of his new alien form; he still wanted to be seen as 'same old Jake'.' Jake was able to come to terms with his changed physical appearance, by realising that Jermaine's changed taste in art no more defined him than his new form did. They're both still the same people deep down.

No fucking way dude like it or not Sugar's shit already took hold by What Was Missing. Imo I remember you and Incendium was the only good shit to come out of it (at least in a vacuum)

How am I supposed to list a worse episode than the objectively worst episodes of the series? Anyways I guess pic related would be a third unless that's discouraged too.

There is literally no episode before What Was Missing where the focus is crying and singing, much less where it's supposed to be emotional.

Even in Incendium there wasmore to the episode than that. I'm curious what other episodes you think this applies to, or if you've even seen season 1.
>i already do
Ah, an SUfag, makes sense.

Nothing wrong with either of these.

Water Park Prank is objectively the worst episode of the entire series.
also in the bottom are
>2:Chips and Ice Cream
>3:Sad Face
>4:Up a Tree
>5:Frost & Fire

>up a tree
>bad
Kill yourself retard

I agree with the other 4 but Up a Tree is top tier Adventure Time

Not them, but people really liked Up a Tree? I don't hate it, but it's not an episode I thought people would rush to defend. It's just meh for me.

It's just Finn going on a low-stakes, goofy adventure with some solid comedy and great animation. Not a perfect AT episode , but a quintessential AT episode.

It;s not the best but it's good enough that defending it isn't an uphill battle of subjectivity like defending water park prank and chips and ice cream.

The Cooler.
It was the worst when it came out. It still is worst, and it will remain the worst.

I mostly agree, but I thought her two recent episodes were pretty good, especially High Strangeness.

Son of Rap Bear. Not just due to it being a Fire Princess episode and most of those are lacking in some way, but because the climactic rap battle is much poorer flow compared to the ones from earlier in the episode.

Same

Betty. Showed that the makers really didn't understand what the characters should find important.

Why do so many people hate chips and ice cream? I don't really remember anything that bad in it.

>Water Park Prank
>That fucking art

Ocarina, although not the single worst episode of the series (that would be Water Park Prank by any metric), is just terrible, for a number of reasons. First, the entire conflict is insanely contrived. Kim Kil Whan wants to evict Finn and Jake for...reasons? Oh, it's because they don't have a "job", despite ostensibly fighting monsters and collecting loot on a regular basis. This is unbelievably stupid considering they live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland, and who is supposed to lavish them with economic opportunities again? It's like the writers saw this as a thought experiment, to transplant these characters into a real-world contemporary scenario, but it doesn't function because there's nothing that remotely suggests this alternative to be viable in the first place. Why doesn't Kim Kil Whan recognize this? I don't fucking know. What also irks me about the premise is that everything is predicated on Marceline surrendering the deed, which begs the question as to why no one objects to this, or why the episode couldn't have been about Finn and Jake attempting to recover their residence by talking to her. I get the writers have an aversion to them interacting, but this is just baffling. And speaking of which, none of the characters are likable either. I shit on KKW for his stupid motivations but Jake was also acting like a terrible father for not bringing his children food, so I can't root for him either. They're imprisoned in what I assume is the Candy Kingdom, which makes me curious as to why, again, PB gets none of the blame for this. She doesn't appear in this episode, but it's implied that she wouldn't even bother defending Finn's rights, or someone who is "apparently" a close friends of hers. Her tacit approach in handling this situation is that of a complete monster. It's an episode where Finn does nothing and is dragged like a rag. (cont)

Finn is dragged like a rag at the mercy of everyone else.

In addition, people moan about how modern cartoons send a lot of bad messages to the youth, which is evinced by the amount of complaining over Bubbline (not that I would defend that ship). But I think the sequence where Jake "redpills" Finn to be legitimately harmful and paints a wrong, inappropriate outlook on society that could rub off on the younger audience, and is offensively irresponsible. This show really shouldn't be exposing children to communist ideology so brazenly and deprived of context, especially not out of the mouth of a character as merchandise-friendly as Jake. And lastly, the episode isn't funny. A lot of the later episodes have this problem, but here it compounds the other foibles present. It signals that, somehow, the writers thought this was a good enough story to sustain an episode, at the expense of comedy, almost like they deemed themselves clever for formulating this retarded premise that's fraught with plot-holes. The only thing I found mildly amusing was Finn and Jake throwing rocks at KKW's face. This seems liks a lot for a minor episode but no one ever mentions it.

And no one has mentioned Too Old either, which was the nadir of the series for quite a while. Everything about that episodr gets under my skin, from the Lemon antics to Finn's desperation. I commend the writers for being able to incite a visceral revulsion, but ehh...

It was a really bad episode and it's really fucking weird that Simon comes back and doesn't give a shit about Marceline when that's basically all the reason they've given us to care about him, they try so hard to shove Betty into a position of relevance and it accomplishes nothing and never really does anything to endear us to her character, besides creating this situation where if she had stayed she probably could have actually helped Simon and apparently no one ever wondered why she didn't. Not to mention the stupid implications that being able to bring people from the past who should otherwise be dead into the future has on the story as a whole.

Good choice user

>walltofextposting

Up a Tree is enjoyable though, one of the few in that time.
The rest are definitely varying degrees of shit.

Came here to post Box Prince, its everything I hate about Xayophone packed into ten minutes. Lazy drawings, unfunny, and boring.

Every part of Crystals have Power without her in it is pretty great tho. Jakes dad, tough contests, Jake's brother dreaming at the same time...

>Up a Tree
B-but, Marc Maron squirrel!

It was a fine wall of text until I reached the word "communist". Jesus Christ.

Bad Timing is my favorite episode, but I get why folks don’t like it.

The other stuff, yeah, you make fair points. Fuck abstract—you didn’t even mention how it was yet another in a long line of “status quo is drastically changed then reset immediately” episodes. Fuck that shit.

Lol I don’t even count water park prank as an episode

Might as well post it here. Adventure Time: Beginning of the End announced. Looks like it's the last comic miniseries.

>Publisher: KaBOOM!, an imprint of BOOM! Studios Retail Price: $3.99 Writers: Ted Anderson Artists: Marina Julia Wraparound Main Cover: Victoria Maderna Subscription Cover: Diigii Daguna Title Card Incentive Cover: Corey Booth When Finn breaks a promise he can’t remember making, he is confronted by Chronologius Rex, the lord of Hours and All Time. Finn’s life will be consumed in the infinite first of the fourth dimension unless he and his friends back home can find the moment that explains it all and bring him back him back to Ooo. Finn must confront the ghosts of his past selves, the alternate selves of his present, and all his possible futures, while Jake gather help from all of Ooo and beyond. Together, they must save Finn before he goes beyond the Vanishing point and is erased from every reality.

The animation is really creepy in it for some reason.

CHIPS

ICE CREAM

CHIPS

ICE CREAM

Mostly
It isn't that it is really..bad in itself. I don't remember anything about the episode's story or anything that I found to be too bad. Those vendors seemed like total bros.

But goddamn. I was getting driven mad like that bear by the end of the episode.

I agree that Jake's whole rant about how the world works is bullshit, but I think that works because it is Jake saying it. His advice to Finn is 50% silly bullshit that just so happens to be exactly what Finn needed to hear at that moment and 50% completely awful and unusable, and Ocarina was definitely the later. It was just Jake justifying why they were thrown in jail because Jake is too shitty to get a job by saying "It's not my fault, it's the MAN's fault, man."
Plus Jake used to be a criminal which would have colored his view of law and on top of that Jake is just a hypocrite, since his explanation says that laws serve to deprive the common man and beat them down while Jake is a hero/knight serving the Candy Kingdom and other big name nations which makes him one of the mean red dudes in the explanation he created.

I find the speech okay only because Jake is telling it, and Jake is a guy who were aren't supposed to believe and agree with. It's true that kids watching probably won't look that deeply into it, but then that goes for tons of shit post season 5 of AT so it's more of the same. I would hope that children wouldn't start championing communism just because the funny dog on the cartoon said it was cool and shit like that.

Either Princess Cookie or Jake the Brick. Princess Cookie was one of the first episodes to resonate a balance of sympathy and humour for me, and JtB is just so super comfy.

The word you're looking for isn't "communism". Its anti-authoritarianism. The USSR wasn't well known for treating its law breakers very well. It isn't a uniquely left or right wing ideology (Anarchists/left-libertarians and right-libertarians exist).

>Finn must confront the ghosts of his past selves, the alternate selves of his present, and all his possible futures,
Hmmmmmm.

Shit, misread the OP. Definitely not least favourites. That'd be something like Water Park Prank, which only had its animation style going for it.

I fucking hate that Lenin look-alike

I just used communism because the guy I quoted did.

It really is crazy how the hottest AT girl rarely ever gets fanart now. Meanwhile, a steady flow of art for PB, Marceline, Huntress Wizard, and fucking CANYON is always guaranteed

They bring quality and quantity. I'm guessing you watch SU?

I liked Escape From the Citadel, but most episodes with the lich or mentioning it in general are enjoyable to me. Sweet P ruined the lich.

Fire and Ice.

you listed 4 hotter characters than she-finn in this post alone. if anything, we need more HW and Canyon

>Too Old
Too Old could have been legitimately great - the setup had potential, the weird lemon creatures and Lemongrab shenanigans were excellent - but the character interactions between Finn and PB were just fucking terrible.

Red Throne and Frost and Fire are there obviously though they may not be THE worst

Maybe Son of Rap Bear? Been awhile since I saw that and I may not have seen the whole thing but I recall people finding it reallllly shitty and the premise sounded stupid. At least with stuff like Frost and Fire, Ocarina, and Red Throne you get some personal rage out of it

It's one of two episodes of the show I didn't bother to finish watching.

It was mostly boring.

Read better

Do people hate Frost and Fire out of principle for starting the Finn is an asshole breakup arc? Because other than that I remember it being decent, at the very least it had cool Dragon Ball Z-esque fights between Ice King and Flame Princess.

I think every other episode in the rest of that arc (Too Old, Earth and Water or whatever it was called, and Red Throne) were worse than Frost and Fire.

Probably a mix of
>Beginning of asshole breakup arc
>Finn acting like a jackass out of nowhere (Yeah I know teenage hormones or whatever)
>Kind of boring until the fights
>Basically about Finn having wet dreams and some of it felt kind of awkward

Water Park Prank but that's a low hanging fruit too

I dunno, I'm much more tolerant to the stuff I see in cartoons than the majority of Sup Forums is, so most of the time when I disliked Adventure Time, it wasn't some horrendous plot decision but just something that seemed genuinely boring and bland to me, like Candy Streets or that episode where Jake's daughter orchestrates a bank heist for him or whatever, just stuff I didn't really care about.

The closest for me in disliking the episode for actual plot reasons is probably The Apple Wedding where PB is a bitch for no reason. Like, usually she's at least morally ambigous but it's like for this one episode they just said "fuck it, let's make a joke about how she throws everyone in prison lol".

Really liked Frost & Fire, it was an interesting way for an episode to handle such an unusual theme, who knew it was the beginning of an unnecessary arc

>but is too afraid to make PB actually bad for it to be interesting.
It doesn't stop people here from complaining about how she's "evil"

Non-human girls > human girls

Sorry man but that's just how it is

She totally is though

I really didnt enjoy the one with the grass ogre.

Donny? That one was alright, I like it mostly for the surprisingly heavy ending and whywolves

>t. (((Rebecca Sugar)))

That's not Viola

>Sad Face
>bad
nah, fuck off yah cunt

Yeah I felt kind of uncomfortable with that "laws" scene, I don't know, it felt like something I'd see as a propaganda piece by Antifa or something, not in a kids cartoon. I already hate how much we have to listen to uninformed political opinions being spewed out by everyone at every possible time, but here it even breached into a kids cartoon.