This is a comic book bar. In Kansai Japan

This is a comic book bar. In Kansai Japan.

God damn it, Sup Forums beat us again.

Other urls found in this thread:

acbd-comics.com/blog/3326/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But do they serve steamed hams?

good luck having beer stains on all that unprotected merch

Sup Forums pls

> the proprietor

I wonder what ever happened to Ken.

I didn't realize The Big Bang Theory was popular in Japan

Charge people a quarter to check out a book, or upcharge the drinks a little. The extra money goes towards replacing books or buying new ones.

I will fucking harm you

I think being careful about that sort of thing is just one of those things about Japanese culture ingrained most people.

Seems a little judgemental.

Though I will say that place looks less like a public business and more like someone's basement.

Retaliate and make an Sup Forums themed weeb bar.

In Japan it's considered rude to eat and walk at the same time because it's not more likely to lead to litter, so it's not unreasonable to assume that they might take more care with things like this.

I'm dying

>that place looks less like a public business and more like someone's basement.
these kinds of themed establishments pop up and vanish in the blink of an eye in japan. They're all hole in the wall under a flight of stairs halfway down that alleyway types of places.

Probably busting broncos down in Texas, living the dream.

It has a tip jar.

>TIP JAR

Did this actually become a thing in Japan? I haven't been there in almost 20 years, but (with the exception of bars right outside of American bases) tipping was borderline nonexistent when I lived there.

probably only there because of the western theme

this. EVERYTHING about western culture must be celebrated.

My LCS is in a board game cafe that serves alcohol. So it's technically a comic book bar, no?

You know that's not the same thing silly. They just want to get you drunk so you buy shit.

Sup Forumsmblrinas wanna love this and be smug about it, but have to hate it first because of anime and japan

>I said a lot of buzzwords and now I fit in

>the bar's name is Crossover
Clever

>Cafe
300 yen for 90 minutes when crowded
>Bar
500 yen for 120 minutes when crowded
>Food
500 yen
>Drink
300 yen
>during Cafe time the owner's book collection is available
>during Bar time a limited number of collections are available

Not bad prices.

>during Bar time a limited number of collections are available
Makes sense that they don't to mix booze and quality books, but that really does make we wonder what the bar time selection is.

You must be the type that likes
>barcades

What's wrong with those?

This was posted February 3rd. Seems to be up to date collection.

Maybe he'll meet Akira Yoshida while he's at it

You can watch stuff there too.

They have video games set up too. Pretty neat place.

I have no idea who Adi Granov or Agnes Garbowska are or why they were in Japan and met the owner.

>Kansai
Well, they are known for their comics

>In Japan it's considered rude to eat and walk at the same time
Literal myth.

>They're all hole in the wall under a flight of stairs
Actual truth.

There are two comic cafes in Japan I know of, one in OP and another in Koenji. Manga cafes are really standard, but these are pretty much for the owner and a limited number of repeat customers. I've never really noticed elitism to the same degree in Japan as I've seen in America, so the Angry LCS owner stereotype doesn't exist - lots of fans are simply movie fans who want to read a quick story with a cup of coffee.

There's also only about five comic book shops selling back issues in the country.

>another in Koenji
Bad news user. Did a google search and found this:
acbd-comics.com/blog/3326/
Closed down November 2016.

They're both artists.

Of course they did! America is too busy getting butthurt at everything to do anything like that. It'd probably offend some hyper-Christian-femininazi somehow. America is so Fucking easily offended nowadays

>so Fucking easily offended nowadays
like you?

Modern day feminazis aren't religious. They're atheist.

but feminism IS their religion. It even has a Devil named "Patriarchy" that can't be pointed at, but is definitely causing all the evil of the world.

I read a lot of my comics at bars. Pick them up and sit down for a beer to read. 10/10 would get drunk

I normally dislike milk alcohol drinks but would have a paralyzer and read Milk Wars

>I have no idea who Adi Granov or Agnes Garbowska are
then use a fucking search engine, Mr. I Don't Read Comic Books

nigga most of them are converting to islam

>christian
>feminist

there is literally no such thing

it is physically impossible to be both

>Open eleben am to last

they are a very clean people

>I've never really noticed elitism to the same degree in Japan as I've seen in America, so the Angry LCS owner stereotype doesn't exist
It's becoming even less true here these days. If such a store is to survive, they have to play nice and be open to newcomers of any kind.

japan is MUCH cleaner than the west

I'm sure there already is one in New York.

>Everything is in English
>Tip jar
>Japan

I call shenanigans

>Everything is in English
Except book titles.

>he doesnt know how to read and write in 7 different languages
even public school at least teaches 5