Do you miss it?

Aside from Black Panther , I feel like all the Disney Marvel films feel like corporate mandated homogenous films.
Zack Snyder had a unique vision and wasn't afraid to deconstruct his heroes and tackle big philosophical questions. I don't think we've ever gotten a villian in a cape film as philosophical and cerebral as Lex Luthor in BvS
washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2018/02/20/the-zack-snyder-era-of-superhero-movies-is-over-you-should-be-sorry-to-see-it-go/?utm_term=.b901b4b5937d

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TaV595cr-eA?t=1m1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cute bait.

Why did DC fire him then?

No.

Luthor would have been great if he wasn't played and directed as a retard kid. I really did like how he managed to frame the central conflict on the problem of evil, in his own insane way.

Last non-shit cape movie was Spider Man 2 anyway

A better question is...why they hired him?

When are we gonna get that live action ban

I feel like they should have made Man of Steel II, and at least one Affleck Batman movie before BvS but they got careless.

Shut the fuck up

never so you may as well join the ban DC altogether movement

/thread

I liked the dark knight

I wonder how the fuck you didn't got your own encyclopedia dramatica/kiwii farms page yet ladderbro

He was so busy DEconstructing his toys he forgot that he had to CONstruct something that people cared about first. That and the fact that he's an Ayn Rand fanboy and thus doesn't believe that altruism is a positive force.

Yes, WB gave SUPERMAN to a guy who thinks altruism is evil. Let that sink in for a moment.

It was great but barelly a cape movie

I'll miss DC quickly losing massive amounts of money on massive box office bombs instead of having them slowly losing it through their failing comics

hopefully the failure of their streaming service will make up for it

>cerebral Lex Luthor

Piss jar.

get better fucking taste

weird because he is a libtard as well, making references about immigration debates
>hurr durr Superman is an illegal alien, nevermind that if an orphan newborn baby is found and raised by american citizens on american soil he would be legally a citizen

Your a fucking retard.
Litterally not a single fucking thing in Mos or Bvs states or even implies that he or Clark is against altruism on any level.
Clark is deeply conflicted about the consequences of going out and doing good things, he is not conflicted about the good things themselves. He knew from a child that they were morally right actions hence him arguing with his dad from when he was a kid to the tornado.

No, it was Logan user.

>Your a fucking retard
says the DC fan

wrong

>raimi spiderman
Good
OOh yeaahh bitch, gotta love spiderman murdering people, showing his face on public yet no one give his face away to the authorities, Dr octopus speech having a dozen scientific mistakes etc

Raimi was shit, you have a shitty taste for movies

But everyone fucking knows who Superman/Batman are.
Ultimates 1 & 2 didn't show the heroes in their idealized form before decontructiing them and people still like those books alot.

at least it was good visualy

At least I'm not making up provable fucking lies to slander what others care about.

>all that autismal nitpicking and straight-up lies
You're trying way too hard to be contrarian.

>Ultimates 1 & 2 didn't show the heroes in their idealized form before decontructiing them and people still like those books alot.
People like Ultimate Spider-man.
Even when they first came out Ultimates 1 and 2 were laughed at for being edgy millar shit.

>He thinks Black Panther is good so he must be racist
where the fuck did your retarded ass come from?

Most overrated movie of the decade easily.

>parroting moviebob and expecting to be taken seriously
Clark acts exclusively on the impulse of altruism. That is his entire motivation from day one.

It was Millar being Milar but at least was entertaining.

Being realistic and played straight & serious is not fucking edgy.
The only thing edgy about those 2 books was Pym.

>Aside from Black Panther , I feel like all the Disney Marvel films feel like corporate mandated homogenous films.
Frankly the Black Panther movie was corporate and homogenous and the media is giving it a pass because diversity.

Could feige fix snyder mess without rebooting the whole thing?

>The only thing edgy about those 2 books was Pym.
Ultimates 1 includes a cannnibal hulk that rapes Freddie Prinze JR and is defeated by Wasp flashing her tits at him.

Yeah that's why he saved his father

All they need to do is make good movies
They have good actors for the roles, so I wouldn't consider a reboot necessary

There is little to no difference between Mos/Bvs and Ultimates 1 & 2 in style & tone. Both are serious and handle their world realistically, and are honest about the consequences of the sci-fi of these worlds. Both have flawed humanized characters who can't always find perfect solutions.
>It was Millar being Milar
This phrase is meaningless to me. There was nothing edgy or Nemesis/Kick Ass-ish about Ultimates 1 & 2 except Pym.

THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GIVE SNYDER FREEDOM SNYDERFAGS

THAT'S. WHAT.FUCKING.HAPPEN

Just because something doesn't follow the Disney formula, doesn't mean that it isn't capeshit.

The Hulk being cannibalistic isn't edgy it's just a realistic extension of the danger his rage naturally poses to the world.
He never gets a hold of Freddie and he was defeated by Wasp stinging his brain. She flashed him just as a distraction earlier in the fight.

He was 17 and his father told him no to protect him. Still, the idea that Clark is motivated by altruistic impulses isn't an inference by me, it's literally stated by the movie.
>The only way for you to stay hidden is to stop helping people altogether and I sense that's not an option for you.

He didn't save his father because they both feared society would fall apart if they find out aliens exist. Selfishness has absolutely fucking nothing to do with that scene.

Ultimates got CANCELLED, if ultimates were a sucess they would have never stopped having series.

>muh realism
Oh you're that guy.

I'm currently rewatching all the WB movie and can't even see what was wrong with Snyder era. I'm on SS for the first time and other than the music being chaotic and editing a little shotty, it's not bad so far. It also looks great. Why did JL became so bland looking? Did they stop shooting on film and switch to the digital meme?

no

the source material is shit there's no fixing it no matter who is in charge

you just can't make anything good with boring unrelatable overpowered characters

Your math doesn't add up. He's got to be at least 19 in that scene.

It was canceled because of the reception of Ultimates 3 & Ultimatum (by a different Writer) I am only complimenting 1 & 2.

>All they need to do is make good movies
>DC
>WB
literally impossible

>Aside from Black Panther
God damn racist. I thought we abolished segregation already. Get with the times!

I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, I am acknowledging that it was what they were going for. Condemning them for not being bright happy silly fantasies isn't fair. It's a metric it was never trying to meet.

Doomsday looked like a ps2 character and the characters motivations were stupid

Also Snyder lied, he said that his superman was going to develop into iconic the comic superman though the movies but he only got darkier and more depressive

and that's why it's a massive failure and a laughingstock the whole world over

Sure thing Holden.

What’s so bad about TDK that makes it a terrible movie?

Assuming MoS takes place in 2013, if Clark says he's 33 years old that means he was born in 1980. Jonathan's tombstone reads youtu.be/TaV595cr-eA?t=1m1s that he died in 1997, so 1997 - 1980 = 17.

Saying someone made a product that no one wants to buy isn't a condemnation.

That is a result of the audiences preferences not it's incompetence.

I never got the point of this image ladderbro, there is over a dozen classics here

> Holden
?

Plenty of people want to buy it just not nostalgically bias as fuck critics who won't accept a different version of Superman & audiences who have had what they want to see in superhero films perminatley warped my the tone of the Mcu.

>Zack Snyder had a unique vision and wasn't afraid to deconstruct his heroes and tackle big philosophical questions.
But see, the thing is, he's not smart or talented enough to make that work. Every time he attempts to do something that seems deep or meaningful, he comes off like an angsty 15 year old.

Clark said to have been off wandering for a decade before becoming Superman at 33. 33 -10 = 23.

He never said it would happen in Bvs.

>Plenty of people want to buy i
Not enough to matter. Sorry.
I have no idea why you think blaming the audience is going to work out for you. Ever.
Crying about the MCU isn't going to make people like the DCEU. The MCU could've never existed and Snyder would still be reviled. You just wouldn't have a convenient excuse then.

>he comes off like an angsty 15 year old.
Except that's a fucking lie. Nothing Clark is conflicted over or depressed about is trivial or childish on any level. Countless lives weigh on his choices.

audiences prefer not to see it because of it's incompetence you moron

yeah sure "plenty of people"

>Snyder's wife and producer says they were doing deconstructions.
>Snyderfags still deny it and harp on about MUH REALISM
>Expect to be taken seriously when you contradict the creators themselves.

Okay?

oh, like that african warlord dude who he put through like 10 brick walls

To be fair, conservatives are fighting that, too.

Bvs maybe but people absolutely would have received Mos better if the Mcu didn't exist.
Back when TDK & Iron man came out audiences still wanted superhero films to pack a punch and have weight & consequences.
Now the Mcu has given us a film about the APOCALYPSE OF THE FUCKING GODS and made it into a mother fucking parody. I love the Mcu on so many levels but it's a absolute fucking fact that superhero films will never be able to be taken seriously again because of them.
Logan was the last breath and that's only because they cockteased us Wolverine going full brutal for so long.

Right. So there's either six missing years or he was over 18 when Jonathan died and the tombstone is a mistake.
BTW, why we're assuming the movie takes place in 2013? I figured it was the same "a few years into the future" as most other movies.

He shielded the dude
I don't understand why people find that so hard to accept after he says he didn't kill anyone

>weight & consequences.
Man, this is a greatest hits of the meme arguments.

> audiences prefer not to see it because of it's incompetence you moron
But almost none of the complaints about Mos were related to the film making quality.
The destruction, serious tone & killing Zod are not in any way storytelling/film making flaws.

Nothing says he immediately went to wander after Jonathan died, does it?
Also I can't remember if it was the novelization or anything, but I did read somewhere that some timestamps presented in universe were in 2013. There's also no future tech presented in MoS at all (barring Kryptonians', of course). I always took it to be a contemporary movie.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE YOU FUCKING MORON

Not that guy but those are directions that the audience didn't completely resonate with. Those aren't technical flaws, so arguing that the movie is objectively bad because of them is stupid.

There are different levels of deconstruction. Just handling the characters with realism and putting them inside a realistic earth and seeing what happens is a form of such.
But when you haters use the deconstruction term in criticism your meaning the most extreme form of it like dark parodies like Irredeemable or Judge Dredd which is NOT what they were going for.

Zack Snyder is the Rian Johnson of Warner Brothers.

2 walls and slightly overreacting to your loved one being threatened isn't childish.

People don't want a dark superman, people don't want a serious deadpool, people don't want a batman who is happy go lucky and like to steal banks, people don't want Barney to rape kids, people don't want Jason to be a pacifist

MoS miss the point of the character, why people like Superman, he is a charismatic, goody2shoes that hide his insecurities and flaws behind a smile to make citizens feel safe

That's why Snyder fail.

>But when you haters use
Stopped right there. You're putting words in our mouths to further your sad narrative.

>why people like Superman
they don't he's a boring overpowered mary sue whose only weakness is a green rock

>Nothing says he immediately went to wander after Jonathan died, does it?
I thought his mom did.
And I don't see why the lack of future tech would mean anything. Do you think the singularity is right around the corner and we're gonna have flying cars by 2020? Because if the answer is "no" then MoS could take place then.

If you want to respond in pathetic memes you can't expect any better in return.

> MoS miss the point of the character
The point of the character is that he saves people and is pure distilled altruism.
The reason in Mos that he doesn't have a social life or friends and the reason he isn't hyper friendly to everyone he saves is because he chose to alienate himself and be a fly on the wall for years for the greater good of society.
And the films subtly point to the fact that him not being big on speaking to the public IS A MISTAKE ON HIS PART in story. Hence when he finally is forced to go to the hearings and give his side of it, Luther can't allow such and bombs it.

thats all fine and dandy, but he's still not the director that the character needs. It only took them 7 years to realize this.

>The reason in Mos that he doesn't have a social life or friends and the reason he isn't hyper friendly to everyone he saves is because he chose to alienate himself and be a fly on the wall for years for the greater good of society.
Which doesn't work. Clark isn't just an altruist, he's a humanist.

He had already been hired when Sucker Punch came out.

Part of the reason I saw it is because I knew the guy was directing Superman.

He was hired based off of Watchmen, which he got because of 300.

Please read the whole thing.
I'm not putting words in your mouth. You people factually WILL NOT STOP calling it edgy when it's fucking not.
Edgy would be if Clark was smiling and rock music was playing during the Zod fight. It wasn't in anyway enthusiastic or revealing in its darkness like comics like Nemesis or Ultimatum.

not really user. it's genuinely good desu

BVS is the only good cape film I've seen.
I don't really have problem with that fact, I don't want to watch anymore comic book movies anyway.