Nightwing #39 Storytime

Has Humphries run been worthwhile at all? I'm hyped for Percy but got so fucking bored of Seeley's run when they brought in Blockbuster 2

Not really. It's not garbage, but it's nothing exciting either

Goddamn this plot has dragged on Humphries
Bring Guppy in to save Dick and it might be the saving grace

Awesome tribute to first suit.

humphries ships him with star fire?

He wouldn't say on twitter

I like the tribute to discowing

>Jason asking for toilet paper by phone instead of asking someone in the mansion.
Classic Jason.

Smart retake on the discowing costume. Kudos for the artist,

>DC: WE WANT TO BE MORE LIKE MARVEL HAS BEEN
Fucking retards.

Yeah this should have been 4 issues max. Flashbacks have been nice but the repetition in the present day story is bringing it down

That seems like a wise decision given how twitter reacts to anything

Damn, is that what the consensus was here? I really enjoyed everything with Blockbuster 2 and I'm kind of underwhelmed by Humphries' run so far.

Who is the last one person? the "U suck" guy.

>bird flipped
>dumb facial hair
>illiterate

Definitely Roy

Did they use Jimenez as bait?

Better than Blockbuster 2, but shits dragging hard at the moment. Regardless, it's still a decent read.
Also, that Kory. Love that design.

I've been so-so on this run so far, but I really liked this issue for some reason.

>Neither cover has his ass
Why would they do this?

esto

>>illiterate

kek

I loved the history the Judge gives of the Haven. The image of all the whales and blood was pretty powerful.

But yeah, I've been pretty meh on this run too. Dunno why. But I'm not a Dickfan, so I don't really think that hard about it.

It's set during the New Teen Titans. This would have been just before Judas Contract, if Dick has given up on being Robin and Jason is around. It doesn't mean he ships them, they were dating at the time.

What is Kory mad about?

To be fair he was probably sat on the toilet when he sent that. Asking Alfred or Bruce to come drop a roll off would be weird.

I love it.
Chang's art is great, and the pacing is good.

I dunno. You can always ask for them to bring it and put the roll down in the front of the door, then go open it and take it inside once they're out. That is, if the rolls are outside. If not, you can always just ask out loud with the door closed.

neat

Fucking kek Jason.

>Ask Bruce for a roll
He'd probably scoff and tell Jason he should've prepared better.

bump

>Judas Contract
This didn't happen in this continuity. The NTT run from the 80s isn't canon in Rebirth.

It's like they don't understand the appeal of Dick

>What is Kory mad about?
That Dick decided to break up with her when he discovered that she has a husband?

>DC: we want the fans that marvel has burned for a decade
maybe smart, it's bad timing though. Now that a true bushido warrior is starting the process of folding marvel over a 1000 times in glorious Nippon tradition.

Are you that sold on it already? I want to believe in it, but I'm trying to lower my expectations, because I know better than trusting in relaunches.

Not that user but I'm seeing a lot of good changes although I don't know if that's all Cebulski.

>cancelling the shitty underselling diversity comics
>bringing back the popular characters
>laying off the inhumans a bit and going full force again with x-men (even spamming wolverine is a good idea if not an annoying one)
>weekly avengers comic focusing on good art and packing in big names
>slott is getting off of asm

It seems a back to form or at least dialing back on what caused Marvel a lot of trouble the past few years.

Not at all but as said there are some good signs. the Not!marvel stragergy working seems like a long shot, but it seems like it might be to poach marvel folks or keep creators who would like to write a marvel book at dc.

I think that the first two and Slott leaving were the question of time. No one wants to have underselling shit and it was always clear that Steve, Tony and Thor will return.
I'm not really feeling them going full force with X-Men yet and weekly Avengers comic is there because they want to hit the big number faster.
The only really good move they done is laying off the Inhumans, really. Most of the other good things feel like a happy coincidence for them, like Bendis leaving to DC.
Honestly, I feel like DC didn't really count on making something huge with the Dark Matter line. It feels like a pet project they want to do for fun, like the New Super-Man.

With most of the artist jumping ship after 3 or 4 issues, it doesn't seem like DC cared about Dark Matter at all. The whole line smells like a prank at Marvel rather than a legit line like that Ink and Zoom thing.
Shame too because I actually liked what I have read so far in the line.

>The whole line smells like a prank at Marvel rather than a legit line like that Ink and Zoom thing
I agree they might not bet anything on it but it's a fun dig at the competition and might make marvel panic and rush out some half baked "classic" titles.

It's a shame they went after Marvel and not putting out titles that people have been wanting for a while. I'm just surprised at how ballsy they were about it. I see Terrifics and Sideways doing the best and if they keep it going like Young Animal then it might grow over time.

>not putting out titles that people have been wanting for a while
Like what?
Shazam will definitely return within a year.
JSA and LoSH are currently being held hostage by Doomsday Clock.
Martian Manhunter just started appearing again.

>You've been like a ghost since... left for...
What did Wally mean by that?