First Look At BRANIAC From Syfy's Krypton Show

twitter.com/briantruitt/status/966343333307133958

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uVTZVuUs3cA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool

Spoopy. I like it.

Oh wow, it actually looks alright for a TV show. Kudos SyFy.

I thought an image of an awful, awful looking Brainiac-5 with a cheap wig and everything was from this show. What the fuck was that, then?

While I kind of wish he'd have his distinctive three-circle logo on his head, that is still a very good live action depiction. Leave it to Syfy to not be ashamed of the source material.

ironically great, is this series even part of arrowverse?

Supergirl

*unirconially
fuck

DCEU
Maybe they can use this for MOS2

It's nice that Snoke could still get work after Star Wars

Neat. I like the interpretation of his head-circles as plugs. That's pretty spooky.

From the thumbnail I thought they just glued circles to his scalp. Pleasantly surprised.

Not bad. We got any backstory for him on the show?

>DCEU
Goyer is involved but I don't think it was ever implied that this show is connected to the DCEU. They BLACKED the house of Zod, for one.

Not bad at all now show us Adam Strange with his rocket pack.

I think it's it's own thing now like Gotham

Well then he's already hands down the best looking villain design on DCEU yet

Isn't Hawkgirl going to be in this as well?

No origin details for Brianiac, but the premise of the series is that he travels back in time to Krypton in order to wipe out Kal-El's ancestry, so Adam Strange and Hawkgirl follow him into the time stream to stop him.

You vs. The alien techno-organism she told you not to worry about

Despite being Syfy, it looks a million times better than CWshit.

When they want to they can really do good. Though its been a while since they've at their peak. Maybe this run of Superhero material will do them some good.

Supergirl

Wew, that's a fucking look

That actually looks pretty good. Fucking Kills me Snyder ruined any chance of a Superman vs. Brainiac movie.

it's really good. I like it

So far so good.
And since he's a robot half the time, they could go full animatronic and it'd be fine no matter how inhuman it looked.

I'm so glad they've actually gone through with some pink accents. I was beginning to think I'd never see a Brainiac I'd like outside the comics.

>I was beginning to think I'd never see a Brainiac I'd like outside the comics.
?

It's too much dude. It's serviceable but it reminds me of Batman Forever.

When the fuck are we finally going to see Brainiac and Superman throw do n?

youtube.com/watch?v=uVTZVuUs3cA

I'd fuck him

The show takes place entirely in Krypton before even Jor-El is born, it's about Superman's young grandpa, Sig-El.

I want everyone to know that I've been with this show since it was announced.

Damn, looks dope.

Also, didn't realize it was dropping so soon. I almost forgot about it after the crazy wait.

>Everything about Brainiac looks dope as fuck
>Everything about literally everything else in the show doesn't
>Also Goyer
I'll probably give it a chance for Brains alone.

Hawkgirl is no longer in it.

I think its kinda wild that you'll be told that you have to save your planet, only for it to be destroyed later and it has to happen.

we must not, under any circumstances, forget about the Supergirl Red Tornado

That's the power of basic cable.

Shit, that's actually pretty good.

There was a CGI attempt to rectify past mistakes in the Nazi crossover between all the CW cape shows.

Did they just spray paint some bmx pads?

Oh thank fucking christ they're not doing the "shape-shifting nanobot guy so we don't have to actually use CGI or make up" bullshit.

Nice, I'm on board already but now I'm actively psyched for it. This can be the next Happy!
Can't wait for nigress Zod either

This was on CBS. Somehow this was worse than CW's "costumes are just themed hoodies" Smallville

You'd be foolish to think he won't spend 90% of the show in his human/Kryptonian desguise, user.

I imagine he'd live inside computers.

>Can't wait for nigress Zod either
Ya can't just drop this info on me and not show me a picture, user. My dick demands it.

I doubt it. This is clearly Johns Brainiac. Who doesn't shape shift.

Honestly, that would be a great design for him in a Superman/JL movie. Shame it's wasted on a show that looks retarded.

>Red Tornado was a villain
>They just spray painted some pads

Supergirl is such dogshit. The only thing they did well was Superman, shockingly enough.

It's the girl from the dating episode from Black Mirror, so there's that.
Also the actress playing her mom was in Wonder Woman movie.

>Look this show up
>Adam Strange is part of the regular cast
>It's just a young adult dude in modern-day casual clothes hanging out in Krypton for no reason
wat

You can't judge him harshly until you see him in motion.

Well you can't expect him to just take some random Kryptonian's clothes?

I kinda expected him to have a retro-furistic red and white space suit with a fin on the helmet, you know, regular Adam Strange stuff.

I also expected him not to be on this show that takes place 100 years before he was born too.

>The only thing they did well was Superman, shockingly enough.
That's a meme perpetuated by people who aren't Superman fans. All they did was copy Christopher Reeve's Superman (a dated and misleading version of Superman). But it was a poor facsimile. They also managed to subvert him with typical gurl power bullshit. And before your reply, yes, there's precedent in the comics for this. But those stories are also not canon anymore.

This guy looks kinda emaciated. Like the actor they would sub in after the villain shot Superman with a kryptonite bullet to show he's in a dire state.

God-tier ass, though.

He'll stick out like a red and white thumb probably.
And he's time travelling.
I thought you said you looked this show up user?

Just saw some pictures of the cast in costume and lost interest as soon as I spotted a pair of jeans.

>If you make a move, we'll INCINERATE you
Yesss! This is #MYSUPERMAN !!!

>They also managed to subvert him with typical gurl power bullshit
I mean, the entire show is literally Gurl-power the show.
Reminder that literally the first episode was literally about an evil mysoginist alien who did nothing but violently sperg out and comment how on his world, women are objects to be owned

No Adam don't fuck grandma Zod. Please stop...has he done it yet?

>a dated and misleading version of Superman

Go away, Snyder.

That looks really fucking good

This might still be in continuity as Goyer indicated. Alternatively they can just steal the design.This design is basically just an older version of the Johns Brainiac.

why is there a Geoff Johns self insert in the show?

>BRANIAC
Why is it so fucking hard for some people to spell his name?

because they are branlets

Hey buddy, not everyone is a braniac like you.

I bet Krypton gets Phantom Zoned after the baby rocket is launched instead of blowing up, so the cast lives and Superman still exists.

Nice

checked.

I hope they have the balls to kill everyone off. It's sad, but that's literally the crux of the Superman story. Will they even get that far though? The series supposedly starts 100 years before doomsday, so I doubt we'll even get Jor-El (which seems... pointless).

Probably the whole show will be about stopping Brainiac (unless they come up with another source of conflict) and the final episode will skip to Jor-El and Lara rocketing their baby. Possibly with Jor-El saying some wise words from his dad to connect with the rest of the show.

If Adam Strange is already there establishing that time travelling shenanigans are a thing, I bet the cast from the show will time travel back and forth their time and the final days of Krypton.

We know that Brainiac is going back in time to prevent Superman's birth, because Superman's his arch-enemy and keeps stopping him. Presumably he intends to do this by destroying Krypton. My prediction: dramatic irony, self-fulfilling prophecy, Brainiac will sow the seeds of his own defeat. The series will end with him sabotaging Krypton's core to destroy it. But thanks to the action of the protagonists, he's driven off and delayed so Krypton only blows up years later, albeit with no one but the now-dead protagonists knowing. In a flash-forward, we see Krypton going up in flames, and Jor-El putting his baby in a rock towards Earth, followed by the baby being adopted by a kindly couple... cut to credits.

Uhm, what?

Holy shit looks REALLY good.

>It's serviceable but it reminds me of Batman Forever.
you don't got no taste man, no taste at all.

well fuck thats looks great

After this trailer I really want to be onboard, but >Goyer is making me very hesitant.

>Adam Strange
yesssssssssssss

This girl is an ancestor of Zod.

oh my god this is so fucking goofy.
I envy people of 2056 who will be able to look back at the shit we did in 2010s and laugh.

>Christopher Reeve's Superman
>a dated and misleading version of Superman

how can you live with all that awful taste?

What's bad about Goyer?

Will this be airing alongside Happy! in a comic series block?

You shouldn't defend Injustice designs this hard, man.

>All the villains are black
I dunno, dude.

How will they beat him?

What's the production schedule on this show? Do they not have time for screen tests? CHRIST.

Dude, WHAT IF... Superman Prequel, but its actually Battlestar Galactica.

Damn, this looks so good. Probably one of the best live action translations of a character I've seen.

Wew that looks surprisingly good for TV.