Besides the manga that’s still going...

Besides the manga that’s still going, would you like it if Nintendo continues making more Mario comics similar to Super Mario Adventures/Mario & Wario? Or continue making more comics of other Nintendo franchises for that matter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MCtxRMcmymc
youtube.com/watch?v=Oln2adHrUY4
youtube.com/watch?v=32y2jyLaPLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has anyone ever even bothered to scanlate Super Mario-kun? Is it so bad/boring that it isn't worth anybody's time?

The whole thing would turn into a bunch of obnoxious Waluigi posting

They're doing an Arms graphic novel with Dark Horse and I can see them continuing that partnership considering pic related

Besides that one Mario fansite that has few pages translated, I don’t know if they’re that hard for anyone to find or translate. Either way, I find Super Mario-Kun to be boring and too cutesy judging by pictures alone. SMA has better art style.

The anime man explains why no one is bothering to translate this manga.

youtube.com/watch?v=MCtxRMcmymc

Super Mario Adventures is how you do a video game comic. Archie should have taken notes.

I’m all for a 4-parts of “Adventures of Wario and Waluigi” comic issues if it ever happened.

Too bad Archie canceled Archie Sonic. At least IDW will be doing the comics for now.

I repeat, they should have taken notes.

I know, it’s just that I feel the reboot was probably the closest to being original and following the source material for the Archie Sonic series in terms of making a video game comic series.

Could you imagine if Penders had his hands on the Mario comics if Nintendo pitched it back when he still worked for Archie?

Can you summarize his point? I don't want to watch 11 minutes of an obnoxious you tube autist.

The manga is mostly just nothing but random slapstick and crude humor, at least from what I can get from watching half of this video was trying to say. In other words, the humor is pretty boring and not a lot of clever jokes are in there.

The manga’s comedy consist of crude humor, misdirected jokes, and slapstick. The Japanese felt it would be hard to explain the jokes to anyone outside of their country so they decided not bother translating the manga.

I rather have a Kirby comic, desu

Fun fact: there's a Kirby comic in the same magazine that published Mario-kun. It's equally terrible.

Not surprising if it’s written by the same writers.

A Star Fox comic series would’ve been great at least. I love how headstrong Fox was.

Probably the latter. I have a few volumes of the NSMBW arc and it's pretty out there.
Which is a shame because they do do a few things that are vaguely interesting (like Bowser tagging along for the finale of TTYD) also:
>The closest we have to a Mario Megamix/Gigamix is a gag comic.

The art style is a bit of a turned off to me. It’s too chibi and pretty stale to my likings.

Yeah, the artstyle's weird, but it goes beyond the chibi-look: characters with beady eyes got actual eyes (except a few like Lumas), things that didn't have a mouth now do and they made Polari look really wrinkly (I know he's supposed to be old, but it's still jarring).
On the plus side, the series adapts the RPGs (or at least, the Paper Mario ones) and even has characters cameo in other arcs (like Toadette and Toadbert appearing briefly at the start of NSMBW).

Yeah I forgot to mention I’m not a fan with some of the character design changes as well. They kind of don’t look right in a way, but I like that they’re actually trying to references and cameo to other games or whatever to make the plot a bit interesting. However I’d probably prefer a more original plot instead of being a rewrite of some games. Like how the SMA comic’s plot is based on SMW but it’s still pretty original.

If it means we get to see some RPG characters like Fawful and Goombella, then yes.

>M&L series adaptation
>Paper Mario series adaptation
>SMRPG adaptation
If only.

Kidnapped or not, Peach was such a badass.

Would he try to make the Toads be his OCs?

Probably. Imagine Toad going through the same shit Knuckles been through.
>Microwaved by Peach/Toadsworth
>Green OP Toad

Wouldn’t Penders actually be original since Toads are just species instead of recolors of an existing character?

I found a scanlation of a tiny little bit of the Super Mario World adaptation, but that was it.

You'd think somebody would give it ago, especially since it's got official French and I think maybe a few other translations now.

Link?

It was years ago and I didn't save the link.

Sorry.

But, honestly, it wasn't really enough (up to the Iggy battle) to get that excited about anyway.

It’s alright. Just curious about the humor or how the plot goes.

Back when nintendo power was around, they should've scrapped the magazine for a straight up comics anthology featuring the Super Mario, LoZ, Metroid, and Starfox comics and whatever else they had.

This

It's not Mario-kun, but there's a guy on YouTube named Gaijillionaire who storytimed a couple of issues of KC Mario (another Super Mario manga which lasted from 1989 to 1998).

Dr. Mario adaptation:
youtube.com/watch?v=Oln2adHrUY4

Super Mario Bros. 2 adaptation:
youtube.com/watch?v=32y2jyLaPLY

>we will never have a Super Princess Peach game with the insane ninja badass Peach from this comic

Oh hey l’ve remembered reading a SML adaptation of these comics and i thought it was pretty funny despite not understanding most of the jokes there.

Yeah, some of the humor is a bit Japanese-centric, but it's worth it if for no other reason than Peach and Daisy being major cuties.

I think the closest game Peach has ever come to that comic was when she decided to kick Mimi's ass herself near the end of Super Paper Mario.

Sure I'd like it. Super Mario Adventures is great.

They probably couldn't at the time due to licensing contracts with Valiant.

Friendly Floyd was such a sellout, I love that. Is this even an American/European comic or was it a manga that become international unlike Super Mario-Kun?

Pure Japanese, translated extremely well for the English-speaking market in the 90s. Though for a Japanese comic, it uses a lot of the American-exclusive Mario stuff, like them being plumbers from Brooklyn, etc., that Nintendo Japan has never approved of.

Interesting. Maybe this comic was made to appeal to both Japanese and Americans with their respective lore. I like that.