Black Panther #1: IN SPAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEE!

>Writer Ta-Nehisi Coates. Artist Daniel Acuna. Synopsis: For years, the Black Panther has fought of invaders from his homeland, protecting Wakanda from everything from meddling governments to long-lost gods. Now, he will discover that Wakanda is much bigger than he ever dreamed; across the vast Multiverse lies an empire founded in T'Challa's name. Readers caught a glimpse of it in MARVEL LEGACY #1, now find out the truth behind the intergalactic Empire of Wakanda this May!

>Plotloine started in Marvel Legacy #1
>It isn't relevant until the next relaunch

I for one don't want this stupid crap

And with May's Avengers #1 picking up the "Cavengers" storyline from Legacy as well, it sure gives credence to the idea that Legacy was supposed to come out as a FCBD18 comic.

I'm very nervous about this because I don't want ancient alien shit in Black Panther. But I will acknowledge it's Kirby as fuck so if like King Solomon's Frogs show up I might get on board.

I love that it's an homage cover tho

Cavengers started waaaay back in Aaron's Thor

hilarious

When's Carol.

Sounds good, but Coates seriously needs a co-writer to be able to execute his ideas decently.

>I love that it's an homage cover tho
Is it really an homage cover if it homages to an issue of the same run?

yeah it still counts.

Seriously? WE WUZ KANGZ in space? I thought Coates was better than this.

Sounds like it could be cool, but I"m not sure Coates is the guy for it.

>Black Panther #1 is a creative challenge for me. My first few books were more philosophical, and while that still rings true here, this is a fast-paced, high-octane story. And with Daniel Acuña’s art, I think people are really going to feel the energy and intensity here. I wanted people to feel like this is a really fresh storyline, and I think we succeeded in that. It’s meaty, it’s different, and it’s perfect for new readers just coming to the world of T’Challa and Black Panther.’’

This sounds awful. Marvel is just trying any ol' storyline now.

>he's not even aware of the other kingdom
How? For what reason?

>Marvel relaunching with new #1s again
Top fucking kek

>those trips

You could just not read it.

I guess this is one way to have Wakanda blow up...

I guess he sent that probe up after secret wars and never checked on it again. Shit must have had wakandan sperm in it because there were black people mixed in with the aliens in Legacy.

This is so they have a blank slate for Akira Yoshida's tenure without having to deal with Alonso's baggage. This is one of the few times where a relaunch is OK.

That said, if they just follow this up with ANOTHER relaunch a year or two after then that just goes to show that even under The Shogun, there is no hope for Marvel.

>Coates still writing

But we totally promise things are different now guys!

Why did they just promised new creators?

>Coates

For fucks sake, why are Marvel's crop of writers such utter fucking garbage?

Nobody wants to write a good comic book story anymore. Everything has to be drama, or a political statement.

>Everything has to be drama

yeah that's how stories work

>another fucking relaunch

For fuck's sake.

>A comic book story
How do I know that you don't read comics?

> Acuna on Space Black Panther

After his Uncanny Avengers run I am down for Acuna working on any scifi-heavy stuff

YASSS SATAN.

Marvel's most evil quality has been eating up the best years of artists careers with awful writers.

Wakanda kept on being broken quite a bit around/after secret wars. It's actually understandable that somebody missed an email during the chaos.

How do I know you read meme-TPBs?

People didn't always used to obsess about trying to make their shitty little run seminal. They write stories about heroes instead of using heroes to tell their story.

Some (read: very few) writers managed to balance social relevancy and good stories. By the time Civil War came out it became every fucking bum in the industry trying to write a Watchmen or TDK because the industry was shitting the bed and GNs and TPBs were picking up pace in bookstores, specifically the "top ten" type of shit.

A whole generation stopped reading normal comics and just read the "greatest hits" written by masters.

There are no masters currently writing. These people need to get their feet wet with superhero stories before they want to apply the genre to greater societal stories or deconstruct it.

That's a nice cover. Too bad the writer is ass.

Based.
Space kangs

>IN SPAAAAAAAAACE

Is this a Macross Plus reference?

Oh shit did Dandy take it from Macross?

Oh shitt I never watched macross that would make sense as I just googled it and it's watanabe

www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0rxpQI0ZbY

2:28

I really have no interest in going to a youtube video, and really you didn't need it to make your point.

I'm going to assume it says "in space" like that?

Honestly I'm down for this and will start reading. Wakanda is just as isolationist as the Inhumans used to be and putting them on the mood was a good idea.

Yeah.

Out on May 24. By the way, here's the textless version of the cover.

>I love that it's an homage cover though
To Coates' first-ever issue you mongol.