Do you have any hopes for this series? Also, Transformers thread

Do you have any hopes for this series? Also, Transformers thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ue0K3gtAAY
tfwiki.net/wiki/Wheelie_(G1)
youtube.com/watch?v=gRhfqRUYNTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

After it being revealed to be 11 minutes and the massive disappointment of RID, i have none and yet i will still probably be disappointed

>11 minutes long
Fuck

I am a simple user who likes to enjoy things. I liked TFP, RB, and RiD so chances are I will be ok with this too.

It’s gonna have Shadow Striker which is cool.

>I liked TFP,
>RB, and RiD
Get out

Disappointment to you maybe, kids liked it at least. Did you watch all of it, did you hate every episode, did you keep watching it despite hating every episode? I normally assume people who say they hated four seasons of content really just watched a few episodes and then act like they saw all of it despite hating it.

Huh, usually people get mad if you say you like one over the other. I've never seen someone get angry over liking BOTH!

If it's not BeastWars then it's shit.

>Hating Rescue Bots

Is Beast Wars Neo subbed yet

>kids liked it at least
They didnt, it only aired at saturday mornings. Plus thats not an excuse for the massive drop in quality, going from primes storytelling to fart jokes and juvenile stupidity

>11 minutes

>liking transformers for preschoolers
I fucking hate that i have to share a planet with people like you

Prime had "can I haz cheeseburger jokes"

Then kill yourself

It got better ratings then OK KO premiering episodes despite the death slot but okay you can lie.

Then kill yourself.

Yes I also hate G1

What when?

>>Kids didn't like it!
>>Was only meant to have two seasons originally but got four due to kids liking it
>>Was allowed to end how it wanted instead of getting canceled, the first time since Beast Machines
I loved Prime but come on now

youtube.com/watch?v=5Ue0K3gtAAY

Behold! The level of maturity that RID squandered!

If kids are that fucking stupid to prefer that crap then honestly they deserve serve beatings with a club

Okay

Looking forward to the Shattered Glass episode they promised

Is that bad

Never really had much experience with 11 minute shows.

Post wiki articles written in the way a character speaks
tfwiki.net/wiki/Wheelie_(G1)

They did????

Early advertisements for the show promoted it as "Batman the Brave and the Bold but for Transformers! Everything from Shattered Glass to Hearts of Steel!"

More Shockwave and Soundwave content. That's about it.

>linking to that horrible wiki
Are you a fan of self-punishment?

>Soundwave
I hope they use the filter they used for him in RID in the new show. It was the best he ever sounded.
It was also the same filter as G1 but not recorded with shitty awful 80s equipment

Also we're getting the conclusion to the Wreckers saga. I think IDW might really be hard rebooting. It's bittersweet because one one hand, there's really nothing more that they can do with the world but on the other hand, I feel there are so many character arcs just left hanging. Especially in regards to half of the characters in TAAO, what's going to be the fate of the Combaticons? They really just beat up Blast Off and stay imprisoned?

That’s actually great sounding. That’s a good tone for Transformers.

Agreed, he sounded great in RiD compared to the muffled mess that was his G1 voice. Kind of wondering who will voice Shockwave though.

Well hopefully they tie up everything! But come on now buddy, you didn't want this to end up being a Cape Comic situation where you know this stuff is gonna continue after you're dead right? I for one will like that I'll at least get closure on... some of it! Hopefully even more!

Why the fuck does everyone call IDW "IDW G1"?

I guess that's also why it's gonna be 11 minutes, if it's gonna be lore heavy

The 'tism, I would reckon.

I'm more then welcome for closure. I'm just really going to miss some of these character's. Of course I will see them again judging by IDW starting a new continuity right after this but, I wonder how long I'll have to wait for my favorites to become relevant again, or how my favorite characters will be characterized this time around. I hope that IDW set the standard for specific characters, for example, Prowl. This is one of the best if not best incarnation of Prowl we've ever gotten and whether you love him or hate him it can't be denied that it he brought upon most of the entertainment in exrid and MTMTE S1.

11 minute shows either means
-It's just going to be comedy, which can be good or bad, but usually bad if the franchise isn't used to just comedy
-It's going to be incredibly rushed if it does try to tell a story, or have mass amounts of filler to make up for the fact that they can't tell good story in 11 minutes, like Steven Universe

Since people kept saying BATMAN BRAVE AND THE BOLD but Transformers I assume the 11 minutes will be for them to do lots of different lore things each time.

Oh I'm sure you will. Prowl is one of those forever relevant characters, so I don't see why they wouldn't. Or why they would even change him. Since IDW expressed interest in using RID characters I wouldn't even be surprised to see him paired with Strongarm too.

Also don't forget, you have years and YEARS of people arguing over which IDW continuity is better to look forward to!

>Also don't forget, you have years and YEARS of people arguing over which IDW continuity is better to look forward to!
Oh no.

Also lots of fun Tumblr backlash when Arcee isn't some weird transexual anymore. We'll still have gay robots but THAT FOR SURE will be changed.

I thought Tumblr hated that though because she was forced to be trans though.

I have no fucking idea I don't go on Tumblr anymore they eat themselves too often.

I think they're going on about IDW REBOOTING TO GET RID OF THE GAYS THIS IS TRANS ERASURE KILL EVERYONE WHO WORKS AT IDW right now. They're all insane.

I left that place about 6 years ago and never looked back. The people there are super delusional. It's like a perpetual witch hunt on that site too.

I don't think it's so bad. The upside of 11 minute blocks is that episodes usually don't have B-plots and are exclusively about a single plot and theme

I hope Corey Burton reprises or they get Tom Kane, Richard McGonagle or Mark Oliver to voice him.

Any answer besides Corey Burton is wrong, it's the best one for him.

And hopefully no humans

To distinguish it from the movie tie-in comics. Or the comics that tied into Robots in Disguise. And anything that wasn't tied into IDW G1 at the start, like Hearts of Steel or Invasion 2.

>11 minutes
ffs why not just make every fucking show 11 minutes?

The fact they don't do this with something like The Simpsons at this point astounds me.

11 min runtimes ruin most shows these days. Shows like SU and justice league action are hamperd by this.

I liked the Justice League Action shorts.

Also I don't think it's Steven Universes run time that's ruining it...

Nah, JLA is probably one of the few shows that works in the 11-minute format most of the time. Especially since the word "Action" is in the show's title.

As for SU... That's a whole other can of beans not worth opening here.

I wouldn't mind a reboot if only they remember they don't have to have everything go to shit constantly. IDW's shit world where nothing good ever happens gets old a bit fast, especially when they try to milk drama. Take Kup's recent death. That's like his third time or so and he keeps coming back, even if it takes years. There's zero punch to the gut from having him die and no real sense of tragedy even if they pinky swear that this time he's really super duper extra dead for realz.

They need to learn how to better pace themselves. I mean what the hell are they writing, The Walking Dead?

Well

At least we know he's dead for sure this time

Is Megatron in the comics still good?

That's kind of cool if they're ending with him still an Autobot

Maybe it'll be good. There seems to be an inverse-toy law going on with transformers. Media with good toys are shittier or gets cut short. Media with shitty toys are better executed. This new cyberverse line looks like it has shitty toys.

Despite what /toy/ says I think kids will like them at least. They don't even have stickers on them.

Because IDW has done Beast Wars, Prime, Fall of Cybertron, RID2015, Animated, and movieverse comics?

That's the irony about the Furman and Costa era. Especially in regards to All Hail Megatron. Was there tragedy? Yes but there were moments of great optimism and happy moments. Hot Rod retrieving and returning the matrix to Optimus after months in space was fucking great.

Yes.
He's in the Functionist universe though. I don't think he'll be around for the final battle but we will probably get a glimpse of his current whereabouts in the inevitable epilogue.

Ah it's nice they didn't pull that back and stuck to the end.

How are those RID comics

I dont know if adult programs do that outside of Adult Swim

I gots the Kreo/Movie Sentinel Prime Kreop as well as an animated Sentinel Prime Kreosh, how do I name them to differentiate the two, they hate each other and lead different Autobot cities

What about a helicopter/lobster red Whirl -- just Whirl? Rotorstorm? He's just as angry and insane

Also what do I name a Tarn except he has a regular/square-Kreop-head and a regular purple-eye face. Turmoil bc of grey? He has no team, so if I name him Tarn I might not be able to name a city after him. Plus I have this Squawkbox guy who filled the same role before he existed - information blackmailer vs executioner? Please help me I am so loneley

Im glad this is happening but why haven't we gotten a Transformers cartoon on Netflix yet aimed at an older audience? If we can get Mark Hamill to play Unicronus then surely we could at least get SOME studio to make a series on par with something like Justice League.

>Transformers cartoon on Netflix yet aimed at an older audience
fan wank the show?

if there's no humans
i might give it a watch

Isn't there some Youtube Transformers show that's just that

I don't think it has to be fan wank. Maybe something loosely inspired by the comics that way they the show has direction? I don't know but it would be nice to have a series predominately on Cybertron. Every cartoon to date has just been on Earth with the exception of some trips in space.

It's garbage

Did you like the final season of RID? The human characters almost disappear completely in it.

The Machinama one? Or is it a fan series?

youtube.com/watch?v=gRhfqRUYNTE

I think what you really mean is why haven't they made a series with this guy

RID is pretty much humanless for the entire show.

the number of times that have they fought on fully automated places is pretty ridiculous that it feels like the city and surrounding areas is pretty much lifeless.

heck, laserbeak going full buzzsaw on optimus and doing 9/11 on crown city was pretty much casualty free.

Impressive.

Please respond I got doubles and everything I have nowhere else to ask

I have Kreons of regular Scorponok, the one that actually transforms into a gigantic scorpion, and a Zarak, how should they be differentiated and live their lives please help

I actually did like Denny.
Him being a man in his late 20s or early 30s, who collects junk nobody else but him sees as valuable, and has a unhealthy obsession with the past, I don't know. Kinda reminds me of a certain type of person.

denny and russel are ok too in my book.

just saying the number of times how RID used fully automated places to explain the lack of humans is ridiculous.

We have no idea what you're playing, user-kun. Tell us what it is and maybe someone can help?

I have maybe 200 or more Kreons because they are cheap and fun, I've made up little cities and politics with them, they are all good friends - or at least some of them.

I struggle with trying to find right pieces to represent characters adequately but I am doing my best. Some of them have backstories or G1-deviating narratives. e.g. Warpath is a war-mongering demagogue who is pushing for continued war as a high-ranking politician - he eventually gets a jet mode in addition to his tank mode. How gosh-darn cool is that.

Beachcomber is a geographer and botanist who, knowing the terrain, ends up becoming a reluctant strategist for war on his front. He is a sad lonely boy just like me

Nobody I know in person likes Transformers, I also sabotage all my social relationships out of fear of disappointment, but I like this one pure Christian lady whom I won't be good enough for

OH OKAY. For some reason I thought you were /tg/ and couldn't figure out how the hell your game worked. I would just make Tarn and make some in world excuse for why that city no longer exists. Maybe a terrible battle took place there. As for movie Sentinel and Animated Sentinel, even in the comics it's apparently a common thing for Cybertronians to wind up sharing names with someone so maybe movie Sentinel can just be Sentinel Senior or something since he's older, I got no good suggestion for that one.

>just make Tarn
*just name Tarn, Tarn

Oh that's too bad because they ARE making him!

He's been a zombie for billions if not trillions of years thanks to being sent to the birth of the Dead Universe after being turned by vampire zombie Britney Spears who was also pretending to be a Cybertronian at the time but a girl one so it gave her away. This allowed undead Nova Prime to use him as a gateway back to the real universe to help Shockwave who was actually busy syphoning off all the everything in the Dead Universe, collapsing it, so he could power his Dark Cybertron, but then Megatron became an Autobot so it was fine. And then that one time he was rusted to death by magic and some tiny magic humans ran off with his severed head and got tetanus and died and Leoric was super embarrassed because he'd gotten all super muscley and black for a climactic super fight that now couldn't happen unless he wanted to rough up their corpses, which he did anyway and then stole their wallets.

Seriously, these are nothing more than boring stories he'll tell later which nobody will bother to listen to, just like that time he got space PTSD he needed to control with a cygar after he ganked a bunch of his fellow Autobots who were trying to save him but he's also nothing but a program simulating Kup stuck in a pretender shell so it's fine, seriously.

Seriously.

>tfw he's $200

>protoype that won't ever reach production stage
>that's okay because Hasbro will release him in super duper Kre-O version
>chinese markets only!
>not even dollar stores will touch him
Such is his life.

A reboot won't mean shit if the same writers are around.

Looks like his mask can come off

I'm pretty sure Roberts is leaving. I want Barber to take a step back and go back to editing but that probably won't happen. It would be cool to see someone like Nick Roche at the helm of building a new world though.

It'll mean all reset to their G1 roles. Villain Megatron. And Arcee won't be a tranny anymore.

So this is good news for you then

>Arcee won't be a tranny anymore
reboot arcee would be a hermaphrodite just because they can

Hell yeah. I think he's an excellent writer. SotW had some issues here and there but his other contributions like Spotlight Megatron and LSotW were some of the best parts of the IDW rollercoaster.