AQUAMAN Test-Screening Spoilers

There was a test-screening for James Wan's AQUAMAN today, and the audience reaction was positive. Plot details have leaked.

One year after JUSTICE LEAGUE, Aquaman (Jason Momoa) is protecting the oceans, and joins forces with Mera (Amber Heard) to prevent a war between Atlantis and the surface world.

Aquaman is the son of human lighthouse keeper Tom Curry (Temuera Morrison) and Atlantean princess Atlanna (Nicole Kidman), who was eventually forced to abandon them to marry General Atlan (Graham McTavish), with whom she had another son, Orm (Patrick Wilson).

Orm becomes king of Atlantis and wants to destroy the surface world for polluting the ocean. As the rightful heir to the throne, Aquaman is the only one who can stop him. Orm hires Black Manta (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II) to stop Aquaman from interfering with his plans. Black Manta is a mercenary who wants revenge against Aquaman because Aquaman's father killed his father, who was a pirate. Orm also commands an army of underwater monsters called "The Trench".

Mera's father, Nereus (Dolph Lundgren), is the ruler of one of Atlantis' cities and commands its army. He dislikes Aquaman and the surface world at first, but Mera eventually convinces him to help them stop Orm.

The movie is very faithful to Geoff Johns' New 52 series and is said to be "action-packed", but also "very emotional". Atlantis' design was described as "a cross between FINAL FANTASY and the STAR WARS prequels".

There's several flashbacks to Aquaman's childhood and adolescence, revealing how he discovered his powers and learned to control them.

Orm is the main villain, Black Manta is a secondary antagonist. Both have very comic-accurate costumes. Aquaman also wears his classic yellow and green suit in one scene.

Mostly standalone, with no greater connections to the DCEU than a direct reference to Steppenwolf's invasion.

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/aquaman-villains-ocean-master/
imgur.com/gallery/InWym
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the audience reaction was positive.
They are always positive. Doesn’t mean Rotten Tomatoes will like it. Also doing the GoT Battle for the Throne after Black Panther is going to hurt them.

Cross between Final Fantasy and Star Wars?

Gonna be trash.

This is how the classic suit looks.

so, where is the "Horror element" Wan talked some time ago?

Sounds like shit desu. It's a shitty adaptation of an already shitty run.

>They are always positive
Not with Justice league, they called it unwatchable

I feel like Black Panther with its Kingdom/family conflict already beat Aquaman to the punch. And now a lot of people will be comparing it to Black Panther. And unlike BP, I don’t think Aquaman is going to have the same hype from the media.
Just sayin.

Sharks aren’t scary to you?

That was before Johns. Now everybody must jerk off to Johns or leave.

BvS got a stand ovation.

I thought people liked Johns’ Aquaman run

Wan has been emphasizing how much "fun" the movie is going to be since the day after BvS underperformed.

And then again, there's the Trench.

Sounds...ok, not amazing but not bad like Snyder shit

That was during BvS. The whole script had been rewritten because everyone called BvS too dark. Now Aquaman is going to be more fun like Marvel!....

IIRC the Trench are low-level eldritch abominations.

why would they be scary? they are beautiful

Only people who had never read an Aquaman comic beforem

>Mera's father, Nereus (Dolph Lundgren), is the ruler of one of Atlantis' cities and commands its army. He dislikes Aquaman and the surface world at first, but Mera eventually convinces him to help them stop Orm.

Sounds familiar.

I always assumed the “horror element” Wan was referring to would be something like Jaws I guess

So we already know it will not be as bad as Suicide Squad and Justice League but that's it.It will be mediocre at worst.

DCEU needs more than that though, they need an awesome movie to recover

The “horror” element came before the script was rewritten.

BvS was considered too dark and scary so they told Wan to make Aquaman more like Marvel Studios. And that worked well for Whedon’s Justice League!!! (Sarcasm).

It worked for wonder woman though, also nothing work for Zack Snyder, he literally tried all possibly styles on movies and failed, he couldn't even direct a kids movie about owls

daily reminder that any leak before the first trailers is fake.
remember when metallo and lexdroids were the villain in BvS, where there would be two trailers one for superman and one for batman, and when darkseid will revive superman and corrupt him in JL?

Oddly JL has been the only Directors Cut Extended Universe film that was worth the price of a ticket.

>The movie is very faithful to Geoff Johns' New 52 series
Yes, the best Aqua man run

>We could have had Aquaman Kino
Goddamnit!

Contrarianism aside, Wonder Woman was still better. simply because it was the only movie with a consistent tone, hell it was even better than homecoming even though that's not saying much.

>hell it was even better than homecoming
top kek

Is mera going to make up false abuse allegations against aquaman and get him kicked out of atlantis in the sequel?

I preferred Snyder’s gritty age than Whedon’s Nuage.

It was, both movies were overrated as fuck though.

I predict a lot of Black Panther comparisons in the reviews.

>Nereus is Mera's father
>looks like a Star Wars prequel
>literally just Black Panther but shittier
And some retard out there actually had hope for this piece of shit

Thank god it's going to bomb hard

Laddebro please

I liked JL waaaaay more that I liked WW, it felt like a 2 hour episode of the JL/U cartoon, which is miles better than anything else the DCEU has shat out.

>Black Manta hates Aquaman because "muh dead dad!!!"
Booooooooooo.

SOURCE YOU DICK SUCKER SOURCE

>a cross between FINAL FANTASY and the STAR WARS prequels

Okay I'll admit that I've only ever been exposed to Aquaman via the cartoons but are Atlan and Atlanna really character names in this?
Because even for the golden age that's really lazy.

I guess the trench whatever the fuck that is and there was some mention of a kraken thing or some shit

How this is like the preguels?

The city

Sounds unironically better than MoS, and no christian references bullshit, well that would be a start,too bad this is all fanfiction.

They're using up Black Manta, Orm, AND the Trench all for one movie? Seems a bit full. And it's not like Aquaman has that many good villains to begin with.

This.

It was comfirmed that Black Manta will be on this movie but he will be the villain on the next one.

This movie is about Ocean Master and Atlantis going though some civil war or something

DC is literally out of ideas and throwing everything they can in this and hoping something works

>Manta has a clear motivation and origin
>Orm, Trench, AND Manta all at once
>Comic accurate costume is treated like a bone to throw to fans instead of properly used

Definitely not impressed.

Makes sense, I hope they give him some development.

Under water gungan city

This shit contradict real interviews of Wan

screenrant.com/aquaman-villains-ocean-master/

There will NOT be 3 villains

Why the fuck would you be it's a fucking DC movie

The best you can hope for is slightly less shit than every other DC movie

dc needs stop copying marvel

Am I the only one who can't see Patrick Wilson as younger than Mamoa? What are their actual ages?

No there's Orm, his sidekick Manta, and his Trench army

That's all one

They will as soon as they're shut down after this becomes the biggest bomb of the year

the trench is probably those fucked up piranha people. they eat people and can't be talked to like fish.

Only a retard would believe in this thread, OP literally took Black Panther plot and replaced the names, Wan is a psychic mutant capable of reading MCU directors minds so both movie would be identical even though they were made at the same time?

Oh cool Graham McTavish is in it,

That was a producers' screening. So was JUSTICE LEAGUE's "unwatchable" cut.

Orm is the main villain and Black Manta is his henchman. The Trench don't even count, they're goons.

Everything after the plot is true

imgur.com/gallery/InWym

That's what Johns' "Aquaman" run was, bro.

The only difference is Nereus being Mera's father and a reluctant ally.

>no blonde hair

Who is this Jeremy?

>There was a test-screening for James Wan's AQUAMAN today, and the audience reaction was positive
BvS got a standing ovation.

>Very comic accurate Ocean Master
Can't wait to see how that looks

But justice league got negative reactions

Well-known insider.

>Making Nereus Mera's father
That is just going to make things in the comic awkward for new readers.

I already see a couple things that need to be removed. That synopsis is a fucking mess.

So FF12?

So Black Panther, Thor and Aquaman follow a complete formulaic already made plot? Why the fuck they hire writters then if the whole thing is already ready?

Casuals that didn't knew aquaman was always good

He's just being a contrarian

>It's a "Black Manta is Orm's hired bitch" episode
Dropped. Its the same crap as that terrible Throne of Atlantis animated movie

I like some of his old stuff but I also liked John's run especially since he streamlined a lot of Aquaman's lore and may shit less confusing as well as making Orm more interesting.

That said there's always butthurt anons in every thread.

ladderbro you don't read comics

>Atlantis' design was described as "a cross between FINAL FANTASY and the STAR WARS prequels".

What about the trench attack on the surface dwellers?

Excuse me?

King Ryus was only in like one issue and he is such a minor character that replacing him won't really affect anything. Nereus is more involved in the Aquaman story so I can see him being made into Mera's dad although yeah it makes it weird in the comics now.

That said I liked Ryus' armor and the fact that he had a cute relationship with Mera. He was a supportive father and wanted to leave the throne to his daughter while Nereus wanted Xebel's throne to be passed to him.

the main problem is how MCU made killmonger a black manta rip off so they will be forced to change the character

ignore her that's just her new "mouseketeer"

They're not remotely the same character. You'd have a better case comparing Killmonger to Orm

What? Ladderbro is a pretty old and known shitposter, he browse Sup Forums and Sup Forums since 2013

>MCU made killmonger a black manta rip off
but MCU Killmonger was a good villain though

>Aquaman's father killed his father,
Holy shit yes. If this is true they actually fucking fixed jepf Johns retarded Black Manta origin. It's the perfect way to make it sort of like the old one but change it to be good.

>Orm also commands an army of underwater monsters called "The Trench".
Not so keen on making the trench a thing or commands.

Comic BM backstory don't really matter since is always being retconned, he's kinda like the joker, a crazy fuck who create random excuses to cause chaos

How the fuck do you even make a movie that 90% takes place under water?

Are the actors just on wires swimming around the whole time with every scene getting CGIed like crazy?

>a cross between FINAL FANTASY and the STAR WARS prequels"
Does the general western public even know what final fantasy is?
That does sound cool though.

The trench.

I mean I know it's gonna be a worse movie because of the light heartedness rewrites but I am still optimistic it will come out decent.

Serious question, no bait: what happens if this movie undeniably flops a la Justice League?

that's wrong it's still Aquaman who kills his father

Yeah but the nu52 one wasn't even remotely petty enough. This is a good compromise of something that won't be too silly to normies.

That would suck for Warner Bros

I'd imagine
>CGI water fight
>Go into air bubble room for dialogue
>Rinse repeat

AT&T or WB sells off DC