Why are people saying that this is impossible to build? The border doesn't look so long to be honest

Why are people saying that this is impossible to build? The border doesn't look so long to be honest.

Because feelings

Because we should just annexed them and the rest of this continents

continent*

Because they're morons who don't like it.

It's possible and plausible, the real question is will it be efficient and cost-effective (as all government projects should desire to be).

Really Trump should just deploy the military engineer corp, they build shitloads of walls in Iraq and hire minimum wage to whoever wants to work on it, you'd have thousands of volunteers.

It's expensive.

to cast doubt

Not as expensive as illegal immigrants.

They mistakenly think taco bell will shut down because there won't be Mexicans to make the meal of their people

Do you understand how long Texas alone is?

Beyond that: All big government projects run several times over their original budget.

And at the end of the day: It will keep out little to no-one determined to get past it unless you man it with armed guards that are not going to hesitate to shoot on sight.

Spoiler: Its a stupid idea and expanding ICE and its mandate with the money and legislative power would be a much smarter move.

why build a wall? nuking mexico seems much cheaper.

A mere 1954 miles in length. They shouldnt build a wall, they should build a Canal.

ice is also corrupt as fuck amigo

Because they just lost $10 billion on a campaign to tell us an $8 billion wall is impossible to fund

Honestly, I dont understand why the US didnt build military bases along the southern boarder in the 1950s

That way you would notice ANYONE coming across

then you just sure of the points between them with patrols and boarder gaurds

which is stupid since Taco Bell is an American company that was founded in Texas also its taste like ass

You're a big country

They are fully aware that walls work and re very much possible to build, they jut don't want them because for whatever deluded reason, they oppose borders.

A touching photo - two hard-working honest white protestant male supporting Trump.

>instead of fixing the leak you should just hand more buckets out

For you.

well what is there thats worth building and is not expensive?

If we could build a continental railroad in the mid 1800s surely we could build a wall today. In fact a race just like the continental railroad would be pretty awesome.

bullets

It's not impossible to build; they're just bitching about the cost which is a pittance compared to what illegals cost us each year. Or even the hundreds of others way we wastefully spend billions.

BREAKING NEWS: Trump says Germany also on hook to pay for Great Wall

We could cut foreign aid to Mexico and have plenty to spend on the wall

>implying I won't volunteer to do it just to have "BUILT THE WALL" on my resume
t. Texan

> TFW every single mile of coastline is barricaded with artificial storm walls
> TFW we already built 5000 miles of ocean wall
> We can't build 2000 miles of chain link fence
Fucking kek

> Great Wall of China
21,196 km (13,171 mi)

> US-Mexico Border
3,201 km (1,989 mi)

Hey... I actually like that too.

>Why are people saying that this is impossible to build?
They're not saying it's impossible. Just that it's expensive and stupid because it doesn't actually stop most illegals who enter the country, since the majority buy a 100$ plane ticket and just don't go back.

I worked with a dozen illegals at an old job. The majority came here by buying a round-trip ticket and skipping on the return flight.

The only way to actually stop illegal immigrants from getting in would be to heavily penalize companies and individuals that hire them in the US. Right now US business enjoys having servant-tier labor, which undercuts our wages.

>send aid to country
>let its citizens live in your country and give them welfare
How cucked can a country get? We should just cut aide altogether and use it all on securing the border and deportation.

What if we put a railroad on the wall? Then we could have armored trainns patrolling the border.

We're thinking of building a fence across the desert, and maybe some parts of the Rockies. Most of the Wall parts will be in Texas and California.
Should cali cede from the union, we'll only have to block the roads and rails leading out of cali. Then just set up some security in Las Vegas.

Washington and Oregon will have to figure out what they want to do themselves.

The wall is more like a first step you have to take as precaution.
There is no point in shutting down options like the flights or deporting them if you cannot actually keep them out afterwards.

Believe me, we keep deporting the same people over and over again and they just come back each time.

I'd run all the way down south to work on it. Hell there may be volunteers from around the globe doing it.

It would be really easy to build. The problem with America is we have too many faggots that thinking that building a really long wall is impossible but having a mars colony is a realistic and worthwhile goal.

So are the wars we're in. I wonder which is better for the actual defense of our nation.

This picture is stupid and shows American ignorance.

America is literally the only country in the world where it's divided into states. That diagram showing Sonora, Chihuahua and Rio Grande like stares compared to Texas, New Mexico and Arizona is ridiculous. They are provinces at best and they don't have specific borders like American states do.

Below that line is all mexico.

Fixed the map for you dumbass Americans. You are the only country retarded enough in the world to call your different counties and provinces "states." You effectively have 50 countries in an American Union.

>we keep deporting the same people over and over again
We fucking don't though. They come here, work for 6 years, then go home and buy a big, comfy house for their wives and thirty kids.

The reason they come here is because people are giving them money to be here. Otherwise they wouldn't keep coming.

It's like trying to get rid of rats. You can't just seal your south-facing window while leaving out cheese and shit. They'll get in because you left the food out and they want it. You need to clean that shit first.

There's a pic of exactly this. If someone has it please post

Actually, Germany has states too.

kickstarter: The Wall

ok

Building a wall should be as difficult as building a highway (except vertical).

Yeah, I completely agree
>B-but user that's rayciss, nationalism is bad!
Fuck off, my country and the well-being of American citizens come first to dirty spics

>You effectively have 50 countries in an American Union.
Yes.

That's what it's supposed to be. Each of the states is a miniature US government, which agreed to follow federal law on the overhead while having discretionary powers in executing federal law.

That's because we're not a small cluster of pissant islands we're a nation the size of China, and it's stupid not to allow local governments leeway to adjust and interpret law to respond to specific local problems.

not sure if troll or actually this retarded

Is it surprising that someone from a tiny island doesn't understand why they would need states?

Australia has states.

>You effectively have 50 countries in an American Union.
Yeah, that's the fucking point... Hopefully Trump makes good on going back to states' rights.

>see flag
>checks out

Go back to your night shift, you Tesco dweller

>You effectively have 50 countries in an american union

That was the intent, dude

It's really not that hard to build a fucking wall. The Chinese built a bigger wall through insanely mountainous territory a thousand years ago.

Just because it won't stop every illegal doesn't mean it won't stop 99% of them. Half the people coming are only doing so because there is almost no deterrent and if it required any more effort they would say fuck it and stay in their latin shit hole countries.

It's more symbolic than anything. It says loud and clear that tacos aren't welcome. When you say things like "refugees welcome" look at the kind of shit you get. Just knowing they are unequivocally unwanted will decrease illegal immigration.

>America is literally the only country in the world where it's divided into states.
wrong mate

You'd almost have a point if it were anything near fixing the leak. Its much closer to throwing a plank of wood on your roof and hoping for the best. Except the plank is made of dollars sewn together.

Fixing the leak in truth would be engaging the Mexican government and making very clear carrot and stick arrangements if they don't secure their border and to remove the incentive for businesses to use illegal immigrant labour going hand in hand with rebuilding ICE as a larger more effective department.

But that would include actual intellect and skill on the legaslative level and instead we have an annoying orange

>Points out exactly how our country is set up and why we're the greatest nation on earth.

Thanks bong, I had no clue.

if China can build a wall so can we

we call states too but our federation is a sham, all our money go to brasilia and the federal constitution let virtually no space for states to have legislative independence.

>minimum wage whoever
Could probably save on costs by hiring Mexicans.

Part of making America great again includes having the greatest wall and not leaving that title to China.

pretty sure its cheaper to annex entire mexico with nukes and let the fallout act as a wall

Is any other country as lenient on illegal immigrants as the US? We're just a plot of land that hands out money at this point. I mean AnCap could be fun for awhile but stop pretending to be a country.

And if Mexico is so bad that we should feel sympathetic for these people, why not get the military to intervene and solve whatever humanitarian crisis Mexico is having?

And it was the most effective wall ever. So effective, the Mongols, who the wall was meant to keep out, had a ruling dynasty in China for hundreds of years.

>Lousy Mongolians!!
>(you)

This is where we're at right now.

>1,954 miles of border
>patrolled by 20,000 border patrol agents
>who only have effective patrolling range of 700 miles
>ability to actively prevent or stop entries at only 129 miles

This is obviously a big problem. 500,000 immigrants come in each year illegally. Half a fucking million. Unfortunately some people think borders shouldn't even exist, and who cares if these people come over here illegally? They're DREAMERS! So they will dissuade the public by saying it's too expensive, it's not worth it, it's impossible, etc. These people are useful idiots for the globalist cause.

>And if Mexico is so bad
Mexico is actually not that bad except for a few areas.

But the exchange rate is such that the US is a much more appealing option for people looking for work, and there's a market for sub-wage peasants.

Jamaicans and Haitians do that shit too.

The US has a much less harsh immigration policy than other countries because we take in waves of immigrants to use for cheap labor and innovation.

There's a reason Chinese come here and don't want to go back, even if people shit on them.

Nukes are expensive. Walls are cheap.

Fuck, that makes so much sense.

Get me food and rest and I'll come build wall

Thank Kek I'm not the only one who thought of this. A deep canal would benefit the shipping industry and the USA if we charge a toll for using the Texas canal.

Nah we need to extend that shit upward to keep the syrupniggers and Pakis out as well

we should just conquer it and build a border down where it meets SA to save money

isnt there a river between all of texas border and mexico? if so the wall there wont have to be so strong

where did that ocean come from between baja and sonora.? im going insane

We could send you portugueses masons, we have plenty of them and they make great walls and anchovy and shit

Impossible? No. Improbable? Most likely.

Depending on what material is planned, it would be insanely expensive. Severe elevation changes would hinder wall construction in some locations. And, no matter how deep you drive the foundations, people will find a way to dig tunnels deeper than that.

ok

this

I just hope Trump doesn't cheap out on the wall. It needs to be large and imposing. The wall has value beyond just keeping illegals out. It's a symbol of America uncucking itself.

No I think he meant all of them

Everyone praise the great wall of Trump!

neck yourself ahmed

ESTADOS UNIDOS MEXICANOS
UNITED MEXICAN STATES

Look, it would not be insanely expensive.

They're saying about 10 billion dollars. Let's say this is all wrong, and the real cost is 100 billion dollars.

In comparison the Pentagon budget is 600 billion dollars and US GDP is 18 trillion dollars, so it's equal to two months of Pentagon spending, or 0.6% of GDP in a single year.

And that's if it goes ten times over budget.

Just so.

And if it is a massive stone wall, it will stand the test of time. In the year 3000, they will still say: this is Trump's Wall.

Purple faggot just got BTFO.

Our land border is 1,989 miles long. That's an insane distance. Anything built to that degree better damn well be worth the time, money, and effort. The thing is it won't be effective. Cartels already have MASSIVE tunnel networks that they have dug out, and a wall won't stop them from digging more. Not to mention they could just take the ocean route around the eastern or western edge of the wall. Fuck, they could just go straight across the Gulf of Mexico. Cartels have even built home made SUBMARINES. You won't stop anyone who really wants to get in with a wall or a fence. It's a waste of money.

I would unironically make a trek to the Great Wall of America. I'll take my kids to see it. Maybe if the government is chill enough I'll write my name and draw a Pepe on it

America was meant to be a federation

You won't need to build one for california, jsut kick them out of the union already

That is actually a very long distance. But people are saying it cannot happen because they don't believe in the ability of themselves or others.

>impossible to build

Again, China beat him to it.

China didn't have modern technology to build this wonder but again they also didn't have liberal fags

border city.
the people that can afford to hire local legal businesses are the biggest offenders.
they would rather pay under the table to mexicans that cross the border daily or whenever needed.
i have witnessed them pay the same prices it would cost to hire our own citizens.
the established elite do not respect us or value our own blood, sweat and tears.
their fortunes have been built on our backs!

because when liberals dont want something they suddenly remember things cost money and effort.

HIGH SPEED WALL

if we build it will it be shorter than China's? if yes we have to build 2

Not deluded at all, very calculated to serve their own best interests.

In government money, it's actually really cheap. It is about one annual budget.