Terrible Characters

I'll start: Bucky has become an overrated and over important character thanks to one alright run and the MCU. He's not even that interesting, especially by himself and just leeches off Steve.

That doesn't make him terrible. It just means that Marvel should have killed him off again if they didn't have a strong creator to do anything with him after Brubaker was done. And he literally hasn't even done anything in the MCU so I don't see how you judge that version.

A terrible character has to be something actually toxic in concept.

>overrated and over important character

Given how many ongoings he has burned through, I think you are seriously overestimating his importance.

Do normies actually care about Bucky? Because the only people I've seen who like him are tumblrites/fangirls who either want to fuck him or want Steve to fuck him. Everyone I know either dislikes or doesn't care about him.

Tbf most of them have been pretty shit

Sounds like the Jason Todd problem till recently

What are the good Bucky stories? I only read Thunderbolts and hated myself for it.

I like him in the movies at least

His run as Cap after Steve dies is great.

I think so. He's not Cap or Iron man tier but people feel bad for him. Alot of people think he's a badass?

It's not about how much he appears. It's just how lame and uninteresting he is when he does. Also now the general public think that Bucky is like one of the biggest part of Cap, when that hasn't been true in forever.

He's probably the most interesting character in the MCU you dumb DCuck, he's intimidating, cool and sympathetic all at the same time which is extremely hard to pull off, he's probably the best version of "tortured taciturn assassin" out there.

Holy shit, Ladderbro, working overtime?

Holy Fuk, I never noticed that he was crying there

>Sounds like the Jason Todd problem till recently

To me it's mostly a planning problem. Cool idea to do "what if x came back, how would people deal with that?" thing, but you absolutely have to establish a stable status quo for them too so in the long run they're not screwed.

Bucky in Thunderbolts as a concept I don't really like, but I think it could have worked if it was better written/drawn since basically the point was to play off the him vs Zemo thing and that's legitimately fun.

This is a funny question to ask these days, since for like 50 years there were no Bucky stories at all

I liked winter soldier for the plot, but as a character i never liked bucky. Honestly i despise the concept of sidekicks and most of them i dont even like.

Is it strange that I want Bucky to hang out with Luke Cage and friends? I think it could be neat.

He was great in Winter Soldier, but after that he had WAY too much focus. Cap 3 should've been about Cap, Bucky, and Falcon broing it up and taking down a classic villain(Skull, Zemo, Blood, etc) instead of another hero vs. hero thing for Bucky's ass juices.

London?

My issue with Bucky is what is the payoff going to be. They've spent a lot of time saving and protecting him, so what's going to be his big moment? What's going to be the thing he does that makes us say "That was worth it"

And if it's "He becomes the next Captain America", then why did we derail 2 of Steve's films just to set up the next Cap?

Yep. bringing back dead characters is always problematic. Jason and Bucky have had the same problems. Except Lobdell really likes Jason and will go to bat for him and has been decent recently. Even then some people hate current Jason.

Is there anyone at Marvel who would even bat like that for Bucky?

id be perfectly happy if they kept him around all this time, just for this one scene

His hair ruined it for me. How can I take the supposed to be veteran war seriously with that MAYBELLINE hair? Is he unironically promoting shampoo or something?

So people are going to start hating Bucky now because they don't want him shipped with Shuri?

not the worst idea

No, I've hated him since he stopped being dead. Doubly so since it seems like he's taking another charcters's name.

Why does Bucky have his best interactions with black people?

Greasy stringy unkempt hair =/= Maybelline hair

I agree with you regarding MCU Bucky he was a minor but OK character in The First Avenger but he has zero to no personality or motivations at the moment. He's just there.

I agree with you to an extend with comic Bucky since he was interesting when Brubaker was writing and he had personality and his own motivations and stories outside of Steve. Brubaker bothered making him interesting.

But right now the character is pretty shit especially since the writers don't fucking know what to do with him and are just making him a clone of tortured assassin MCU Bucky.

I think it would an interesting personality mix. Also, I won't lie that I want him to meet Misty with her robot arm.

Did you even watch the movie? You literally cant have hair that fabulous without going to salon.

Kids called him "White Wolf" and that's what Wakandans call their melanin deficient niggas.

When is this bum going to take a shower? Seriously, I just want them to wash him.

they met in the waifu academy game, it was cute

>No Misty/Bucky meeting

Marvel keeps on wasting potential

This. I dunno why, but MCU Bucky> Comic Bucky for me

Like many characters, he would be way more popular if Marvel wasn't so shit

>Doubly so since it seems like he's taking another charcters's name.

I seriously doubt that's going to happen, Coogler is smarter than that and seeing how he teased the Hatut Zeraze he probbaly is going to set the sequel with Hunter and his faction.

Bucky will most likely end up in the Black Widow movie.

Bucky looks cooler than twink rodgers

Tbh when I think about it, him staying in Wakanda makes sense. There is no way he would feel at peace anywhere else and staying a working with them could be paying them back.

I honestly don't think Hunter can fit anymore. King T'chaka would leave his own nephew in Oakland, but take in a white baby? It would make no damn sense.

Widow has done as much bad shit as he has done (she killed someone's daughter and burned down a hospital among other many awful shit) her history was open to the world and she's an Avenger. Obviously Bucky is not going to lead a civilian life but his character is a sort of spy figure and I think it's much more interesting if they play that angle which is why he could fit better with Black Widow.

Or if they go the BuckyCap route which ughhh doesn't seem that appealing to me in the MCU.

That said I don't think Coogler will use him in BP 2, the post-credit scene is mostly to tease Infinity War or deal with Bucky's de-programming explanation in a quick way.

Besides I doubt T'challa would want to use him as his enforcer which would be retreating to Winter Soldier territory, and White Wolf is a villain.

Because T'chaka is a flawed individual, even in the comics he chose to ignore every horrible thing Hunter did as White Wolf as long as it served Wakanda. Hell there is even the implication that T'Chaka molded Hunter into being his enforcer because we know from T'Challa that T'Chaka created the White Wolf persona for Hunter. Hunter was also a fiercely loyal Wakandan nationalist and he was eager to please T'Chaka so I don't doubt he took advantage of that in a way that would serve him.

As for MCU Erik, after his father's death there was no way Erik would have peacefully gone with T'Chaka even if it was an accident and he would be a danger to him or T'Challa since his resentment and anger would never go away.

Coogler said he liked writing about father and sons relationships and family drama and Hunter really fits into that.

>only popular because of the degenerate gay tumblr ship

WTF

this

This. After all the trouble everybody has gone through for him I keep wondering if it's even worth it narratively.

People were shitting themselves over him in BP so I assume so

The arc Brubaker wrote with Zemo coming back to see Buckycap around with the shield was totally worth it for the payoff.

I really liked the idea of him taking over OG fury/man on the wall. But that god awful series by Kot after the set up killed all potential for it with all its' name-dropping vague bullshit. Pairing him with quake worked though.

The current Tales of Suspense stuff with Clint is pretty amusing.

Remember when he was the MAN IN THE WALL? Jesus H. Christ how stupid that was.

I mean, there was that whole movie he was the eponymous character of that people like to hold up as the pinnacle of the MCU.

Has anyone storytimed it?

>Even then some people hate current Jason
There's a hate for every character and this doesn't make them terrible.

White Wolf

Thats like 60% of the fanbase for a comic character these days.

bucky/misty/coulson meeting

I disagree. I find him way more interesting than Steve.

I like him a lot more since he COLONIZED that wakandan princess.