How would you have written her?

How would you have written her?

with my dick

fuck off man, how many times do you need to make this thread? /gfg/ is dead for years now

A slut who wants to fuck her brother.

Sexual tension with Dipper, but too happy-go-lucky to even be self conscious about it. But forced to acknowledge the consequences of her other actions and own up to shit since people get annoyed about that.

Pretty much the same. I'd just write the rest of the characters and world so that she doesn't constantly get away with so much bullshit.

Make Grunkle Stan the Rapist canon

Make her a loser.
She decides to try to be cool in a town where nobody knows her by acting like show Mabel and trying to get a summer romance just like in movies but fails quickly. Either people think she's annoying or she's pathetic enough that her act crumbles under the first comment from Pacifica. Grunkle Stan takes her under his wing when he notices how she just mopes around in her room, having her help Wendy and Soos around. She actually becomes friends with Wendy's crew and hangs out with them, giving Dipper something to be jealous over. Stan trying so hard to watch out for her is why she'd trust him so much with the portal. If she does any bullshit she doesn't even think of how it hurts others until they tell her and even if everyone's willing to let her get away with it she hates herself enough that she still suffers for it.

Dead before the series starts. Dipper is sent to Gravity Falls while his parents grieve and she comes back as a ghost, helping him solve mysteries and trying (and failing) to help him hook up with Wendy. The overarching moral of the show could be about learning to cope and let go of loved ones we've lost.

Seems like a pretty big change

Make her use the love potion on Grenda so she fell in love with her ass and Candy on her feet. Use the shrinking ray to shrink Mermando to fit inside a fish bowl.

But in all seriousness I'd have her drop into Dipper plot, literally by grappling hook instead of keeping until the end. While Dipper was with Wendy I'd put her with Robbie. As far as the bubble is concerned I'd have it be the worse day of Gravity Falls with her leaving and Dipper staying on repeat. Until the actual Dipper came and explain he wouldn't ditch her. I'd have Wendy sexually tease Mabel making her feel uncomfortable.

She was perfect as is. All you faggots only hate her because you hate anything cute or popular, dipper was an annoying pathetic faggot. Candy and wendy were much worse and i dont see you faggots shitting on them nearly as much.

Significantly less obnoxious.

I sort of have both of those two too

Sounds like a recipe for making a character so pathetic they past being endearing into being annoying again as their very presence draws contempt from viewers, like Sheldon from MLaTR.

>But in all seriousness I'd have her drop into Dipper plot, literally by grappling hook instead of keeping until the end.
This! A thousand times this!
>While Dipper was with Wendy I'd put her with Robbie.
Mah nigga, it’s amazing how someone like Robbie not only brings out the best in her, but is actually the kind of work in progress she deserves.
>As far as the bubble is concerned I'd have it be the worse day of Gravity Falls with her leaving and Dipper staying on repeat. Until the actual Dipper came and explain he wouldn't ditch her.
A good use of the bubble, better than stale references to a dead era.
>I'd have Wendy sexually tease Mabel making her feel uncomfortable.
That sounds a little magical realmy pal.

Fuck off Virgin hirsch.

Have her be an aspiring adventurer, to compliment Dipper's interest in discovering anomalies and mysteries

I would have written her out________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________ ________

Stop having Dipper always make sacrifices for her and never get anything in return.

Make the finale about Mabel learning to let Dipper have his own life. What we got was an anti-moral.

How was it an anti-moral?

Wouldve written her less and focus more on the good stuff

He is just trying to derail the thread into discussing what has already been proven a thousand time a over. Stop replying to bad bait and actually contribute to the thread.

Mabel caused the apocalypse because she didn't want Dipper to grow up and have his own life. Dipper had goals and ambitions, Mabel was always just kind of there. He constantly sacrificed for her, she only reciprocated once.

What the moral SHOULD have been, what the obvious lesson WAS, is that Mabel should have learned to let Dipper have his own life and that she needed to become her own person and stop trying to keep everything the same.

What the moral actually was was so far up the opposite of that's ASS it made me legitimately pissed off. She loses NOTHING.

>Avoids the apocalypse in a magic bubble
>Freely replaces brother with 'Better Version'
>Stan gets his memories back
>Dipper made to give up his life's dream literally for no other reason then it slightly inconveniences Mabel.
>They even let her keep the fucking pig in a presumably urban home that can't accommodate a fucking pig.

Its disgusting. Its like seeing someone get endlessly rewarded for bad behavior, instead of learning an actual lesson.

Sounds like a harem anime subplot (or maybe mainplot). Regardless, it seems weeby.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe just make her more interested in making friends and making them happy instead of chasing after boys. Have her be a bit of a loser whose only friend was Dipper back in her hometown and just show how that's left her lonely and just a short shove away from desperate once in a while.
Like for the sock puppet show have it be her trying to impress a local theater kids' club instead of just one boy or just have the boy she thinks is cute just be a bonus to a whole group of friends.

This.

That is also a good question. How would you have written Wendy so that she actually had some personality and felt like she belonged in the show, instead of just being the cool older teen girl who was inexplicably best buds with a spaghetti spilling 12 year old conspiracy theorist, besides having her be in an /ss/ relationship with said conspiracy theorist of course.

Make wendy more of a slut?

user you’ll need to think with your brain for this one, not just your dick.

Dipper can't talk to her without spilling spaghetti so she thinks he's always an awkward mess and tries to be nice because she feels sorry for him.

Make Wendy more of a smart slut

>who was inexplicably best buds with a spaghetti spilling 12 year old conspiracy theorist

I think Tambry was her best friend. The only reason she's friends with Dipper is that he was living at the place she worked at.

Then how do you explain that “you are important to me” bit at that end? We were obviously supposed to believe that she and Dipper had forged a strong and life long friendship, but she had never been shown or given a reason to be in a context other than “friend from work”.

Probably make her more into the mysteries, but more into exploring and hunting for weird stuff rather than the observing and cataloging that Dipper would be into. Probably have Dipper be a little more nervous and jumpy around potentially dangerous things and have Mabel leading the way into the woods to find cool shit.

But I could see Sup Forums tearing that apart as 'just another girl power fantasy' and 'How many bullies did Ariel have to beat up for Alex to hero worship her this much?' memes

Now you’re getting somewhere!

>But I could see Sup Forums tearing that apart as 'just another girl power fantasy' and 'How many bullies did Ariel have to beat up for Alex to hero worship her this much?' memes
At least they would just be memes. Those carry far less traction that actual complaints, seeing as we are still javeing Mabel threads 2 years after the show ended.

But without the harem, yes. Wendy and Pacifica annoy me. Just goofy thirsty Mabel half-jokingly messing with Dipper and tagging along as he solves mysteries.

>Give her a tangible hobby between downtime of episodes. Preferably shown multiple times in slower sections of episodes. (Ex: sewing, painting, computer repair, competitive street luge.)

> Use her as a foil to Dipper's and Mabel's journeys that don't strip away her chill mannerisms. Or hell, give her an internal conflict on whether she wants to protect the twins or be the cool aunt Wendy. (Like fucking seriously! Nobody, I repeat, nobody tried to stop these kids from going into the woods and reenacting their fucking Hairy Potter roleplay whenever they wanted. And when Stan said ANYTHING about it it was more of an ominous finger-twiddling, "you see nothing". Nobody had concrete proof of any of these mysteries existing before seeing them, so why they indulged the children I'll never know. I digress)

> More family episodes with Wendy.

> More family episodes with Wendy

Just change weirdmageddon 2 so that the world Bill put her in was a convincing double that Dipper would have to convince Mabel was fake, and then have her be genuinely sorry for what she did when she realized the consequences of her actions.

You don't need to change much else about her, nobody complained about Mabel back when season 1 was airing, although they did complain about stuff she did in season 1 as season 2b progressed.

This is correct

I was hoping the bubble would be more like a convincing fake, too. Like the ideal dream world from Rebellion Story or that scene from Paranoia Agent.

Have her be a nudist.

Ruined.

Less teasing Dipper as if he were retarded and care a bit more about the mysteries of where they're living instead o pushing it aside or haha funny cute quirky things and thinking it didn't matter. Don't have her hand over the rift unless it leads to a falling out between them and they stop communicating until they have to band together and she apologizes.

Didn't mean to reply

*of pushing it aside for
fuck

>Or hell, give her an internal conflict on whether she wants to protect the twins or be the cool aunt Wendy.
Shit, that would actually have been pretty neat. It would have given her a reason for tagging along, made her look like a better person, and given her character a lot more depth.

How the fuck is my honest opinion now derailing the thread?

just have an episode where she gets angry at everyone, goes into the forest, meets a nymph, makes friends with her, the nymph turns out to be a grade A bitch and mabel realizes she has been acting like a cunt all summer

Here's how I would have fixed this episode:
>scene: interior RV
>Grenda Mabel and Candy are seated at the table
>Dipper comes in to apologize
>Mabel starts to chew him out
>Candy looks hurt
>Grenda stops that shit right there
>She tells Dipper that he was insincere and hurtful
>but then she turns around on Mabel and starts laying into her
>"You set the two of them up, Mabel!"
>"Did you think they would grow old together, Mabel?"
>"People break up, Mabel!"
>"We're in middle school! Relationships last hours for us!"
>"Were you gonna treat your brother like shit when they broke up for normal reason?"
>"You're responsible for fucking up our friendship dynamic by trying to dick your brother's dick wet."
>"That's just weird in general. What the fuck is wrong with you?"
>"Don't shit where you eat, Mabel. You dumb cooz."
>phone beeps
>Grenda picks it up
>"That's Marius I gotta take this"
>beep
>"Yo baby what's up? You like those pics I sent you?
>cutback to Mabel Candy and Dipper reflecting about how the ruined their roadtrip with their stupid relationship drama

Do you like it? It works because Mabel can actually see her mistake and grow instead of just laying everything at the feet of Dipper and Stan.

she's a fine foil to Dipper. Obviously put less focus on "oooh, older boys" and more on the mysteries with Dipper.

Revise her entire role in the final arc, holy christ. I want them to reconcile and for Dipper to give up on Ford's retarded offer, but there's gotta be a better way to present this than how it played out in the show. Mabel was just... so god damn useless.

>so god damn useless.
How so?

she's introduced a lot of the supernatural elements
>gnomes
>mermando
>the president guy
>gideon
>boyband clones
>waddles
>then the dinosaurs bc of waddles
>love god
>the liliputtians
Because of her insatiable love of penis and her overall enthusiasm, she attracted the freaks of the week that mystery shows thrive on.

Needed at least one graphic attempted rape scene from one of those said freaks, complete with crying, screaming no, and light to moderate injuries from struggling to escape.

I'm starting to realize how much most of the supernatural elements clashed with the setting

So something like this but with Mabel? Sounds like a plan.

That's completely fucking wrong though you retarded tripfag. She didn't risk her life multiple times for someone she was lukewarm about, not to mention that being blatantly untrue considering theor interactions throughout the series.

Preferably with the line being Grunkle and his brass knuckles beating a spoopy dude to goo for attempted to diddle his great grand niece.

Isn't Mabel's VA a common typecast for spoiled bitches who never really(Or rarely) have to deal with the consequences of their actions? I know she plays Louise in Bob's Burgers and the few times I've heard her interviewed she tries to act cutesy and shit with that same-voice.

Don't write her

In certain episodes, I'd have her say "I'm sorry" at some point.

>I know she plays Louise in Bob's Burgers and the few times I've heard her interviewed she tries to act cutesy and shit with that same-voice.

Louise will at least typically stand by her family and learn a lesson by episodes end and do the "right" thing. You can count the bad Louise episodes on less than one had.

I thought that was canon Mabel.

I'd have her take Stan's stance on the freaky shit. Less serious about the weird shit but acknowledges and not utterly dismissive about it. Tone down the "lol so radum" and show that she can be as intelligent as her brothers at times.

has it really been 2 ?

I was going to say "basically the same but maybe a little more empathetic and less selfish" but then I saw and realized that was the correct answer.

Mabel should have been written as a dull character so that she'd better fit the dullest franchise in the history of cartoon franchises. Seriously each episode following the Pine twins and their pals from the mystery shack as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of after effects, all to make mystery unmysterious, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Alex vetoed the idea of focusing on paranormal stuff; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his Twitter account. Gravity Falls might be anti-christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Xfiles in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the characters were good though
"No!"
The lines are dreadful; the characters were terrible. As I watched, I noticed that every time a new character might have been useful to the plot it was instead turned into a comic relief.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that happened. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Hirsch's mind is so governed by pop-culture references and dead memes that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Gravity Falls by the same Pendleton Ward. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these manchildren are watching Gravity Falls at 18 or 22, then when they get older they will go on to watch Adventure Time." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "Gravity Falls" you are, in fact, trained to watch Adventure Time.

I think Dipper describes her in either the journal or the "Guide to Mystery & Nonstop Fun" as basically him with "girl hair and 1000 pounds of sugar injected into the bloodstream". If the self-centered aspect of her personality was toned down a little bit, she would have been a good character.

More engaged with the mysteries, for one.
Dipper had a great analytical mind for learning more about the mysteries of Gravity Falls, so Mabel would have been a better companion for him if she'd picked up his weaknesses, because he certainly picked up hers. Mabel had ambition and courage and would have made a great doer to Dipper's thinker.

Better twist - they only find out she's dead by the end of the series. Something about GF's mysterious aura has given her ghost corporeal form. Nobody there knows she's dead, and Dipper clearly still thinks she's alive (at the start) Silent Hill 2 style.

There's been a dire lack of calling out Mabel in-series so even a curse filled mini-script is worth reading

He probably meant when it came to caring about the shit that was happening wasn't her fault, but when Dipper wanted her to help him with supernatural stuff she mainly did it to help herself like in Irrational Treasure, and even then not that often.

Yea and when the series ended it'd been 4 years since the series premiere, it's 6 now

Quit adding one thread-relative opener to your spam you cum sucker

Bigger tits.
But also, more Pacifica.

this has potential

Why are we still here? Most cartoons and comics are dead and most new ones are rehashes. Its to waste time, we're in a conical spiral and time is circling faster.

Just have her accept some damn responsibility for her actions for once. It's been said millions of times before but it's not fun to see the entire universe bending to her will.

Cuter

>only handful of the posts in this thread touches on how Mabel kept dismissing the mysteries as "nerd stuff"
It was actually quite a big problem that the second main protagonist of the show didn't give a shit about the actual plot. Especially since I think the biggest problem with Gravity Falls overall was that it didn't take its mystery premise as seriously as it should have done.

Why would it take the mystery more seriously? It's a show about an evil triangle and a secret twin brother no one knew about. Taking this in anyway seriously kills the show.

She was fine, just needed to take some responsibility for her actions and realize boys aren't everything.

Being able to take itself and it’s own plots seriously is one of the biggest advantages children’s cartoons has over “adult” animation. Trivializing the and treating it as something to not be cared about will make the viewer not care about the show either. Your thought process that just because you can grossly oversimplify a situation, you cannot treat it with any sort of urgency for risk of looking uncool is dumb and what kills shows, and you are dumb for thinking it.

Because the entire premise the show was selling itself on was "twins solve paranormal mysteries in weird woodland town" and a lot of people really enjoyed that aspect and wanted to see more of it.

You're also making the assumption the show couldn't have been about more than just twin brothers and evil triangles.

>Gravity Falls might be anti-christian
Literally what the fuck does that have to do you the rest of your post?

It's a Sup Forums meme that a guy spams on Harry Potter threads but it was changed to fit this thread

>besides having her be in an /ss/ relationship with said conspiracy theorist of course.
Shit,that's all I had.

Sister loves this show, only exposure I've had to it are those cocktease gifs by that one artist. I usually don't watch (modern) western cartoons.
Should I watch this? Redpill me on it, if you want.

It's pretty entertaining show, Stan is great and its hilarious how much a disney cartoon manages to get away with.

The pic in is pretty apt summary of the main problem with the show (don't agree with what the user actually says in his post though) you'll probably end up wishing the show focuses more on being about paranormal mysteries, but its still worth a watch.

Mabel takes more accountability after both Stans ground her the very minute Stanley recovers his memories.

By spending the last few days repairing the town with no breaks, Pacifica begrudgingly trades her crown for the llama sweater to reward Mabel for showing significant responsibility and maturity.

What said.
It may have its problems, but this show is still pretty damn good. It's cozy, and a fun ride to follow. You'll definitely love either Grunkle Stan or Mabel.

It's a little bit like the Simpsons with a dash of X Files. And you really want there to be more X Files but it's pretty steadfast in its desire to be more like The Simpsons.

The overall quality of the show is like an 8 or 9, but the wasted potential is also really high. So you're gonna love it but you're not gonna be happy about it.

The twins could have had a really nice dynamic in the forms that their enthusiasm for the supernatural took. Like if Dipper was more of the science-minded paranormal investigator, Mabel could have been the folklore/legends girl who takes an interest in the mysteries behind the town because it's like actually living in a fantasy story.

Honestly, it's an inconsistency with her character that she wouldn't be into living in a fantasy story. Like, how can somebody so naturally full of whimsy not be thoroughly elated to be a part of so much of it? Why would a girl Mabel's age not be losing her mind looking for real unicorns and faerie kingdoms or vampires that drink ink instead of blood or whatever Gravity Falls would have done. Just because Mabel though Dipper was a nerd doesn't make disproving literally everything we know about science and truth to be uninteresting.

Wouldn't we all.

A better extension of that would be to make Wendy’s cool, calm, and collected demeanor more of a face she puts on for the twins and herself rather that her actual default state. It would give her some Humanity to see her have moments of doubt, worry, and insecurity. It also would have been good to actually show the parts where Wendy’s interest in the Twins goes beyond boredom and a desire for some amusement to actually enjoying their company and caring about them like family, instead of just skipping them, acting like they happened, but having Wendy’s behavior towards hem remain almost exactly the same apart from a few moments so you wouldn’t know.

>tfw no more real degenerate hours