Aquaman Early Test Screening Reactions

Don’t Get Your Hopes Up About Warner Bros’ Upcoming ‘Aquaman’ Movie

My roommate got to attend the Aquaman test screening and this is what he said:

Keep in mind he's a DC fan and I didn't see it myself so take this with a grain of salt.

"It was a convoluted love story that suffered from both bad writing and bad acting. Amber Herd's Mera was boring. There's plenty of action but most of the action scenes are pointless and leave Aquaman acting more like Shrek than a King. The editing and soundtrack need work. Aquaman is arguably the worst DCEU film yet. They succeeded in making him look like a badass but also succeeded in making him look like a stupid, brutish meathead. Aquaman is basically an idiot that fights well kind of like the hulk without Banner. The lack chemistry between Mamoa and Heard didn't help the love story angel that they were going for. Couldn't wait for most of the scenes of them together to be over. There are some horror aspects of the film which would have been better in a JL Dark film. If Justice League didn't make you jump off the DCEU bandwagon, Aquaman will. The Tattoos look cool but they don't fit the character's background, backstory or the overall story at all".

Jason Mamoa's emotional scenes don't look believable, it's like seeing the Hulk cry. It's just weird and a complete fail.
Multiple people at the screening commented that "Mamo's Aquaman behaves more like the Superman character Lobo". Couldn't help but think of Batman Forever when Nicole Kidman appeared on screen which wasn't good. To her credit she was one of the few silver linings with an otherwise incoherent movie.

Luke Wilson's character didn't feel like much of a threat and the Legion of Doom thing was a bit predictable. My roommate said that some of the actors didn't fit the characters that they portray in the film and those who read the comics will walk away disappointed.

Well get ready for massive reshoots that chop up the movie even more.

OP Burn the fuck in hell you lying sack of pathetic human trash.

>Behaves more like Lobo
Figured as much. I wanted pic related, Jason sucks as Arthur.
He may very well be full of shit, but would it be that surprising to hear that this might be another shit movie?

>but would it be that surprising to hear that this might be another shit movie?
Yes it would, literally every single creative thing we have heard about the film has been a positive.

The only fucking retards who would compare him to Lobo are people who never read 90s or Tas Aquaman.

>90s Aquaman
That's the go to defense for you faggots yet I'm pretty sure you've never actually read that and are basically going off Jason's appearance

Neither were like Lobo.

Who in an average test screening would know Lobo?

Do you not know who the director is

Had to make a contrarian thread after seeing the other one up huh? Fuckin loser

Someone who's known for trashy horror movies and a fast and furious movie.

Not trashy at all, his ghost films are universally agreed to be the best of all the supernatural horror films we have had fucktons of in the wake of Paranormal Activity.

>Director under the umbrella of Znyder wants to make an horror movie
>Geoff Johns and warner rescue the movie and turn it into garbage

>Multiple people at the screening commented that "Mamo's Aquaman behaves more like the Superman character Lobo".

>multiple people

Whas this a special comic fan screening? If not I call bs on the whole review post.

I believe your friend 100% user. I don't see how DC can save itself. It's a beautiful, instructional trainwreck"

>Luke Wilson

Patrick Wilson is Ocean Master, you mongoloid. If you're going to make up bullshit for (You)s, at least do a 30 second google you dense fuck.

>my roommate who works for Nintendo.

>multiple people said x

Confirmed for bullshit. I've been to multiple screenings in LA and you don't sit there and have a discussion. You fill out a card with some survey questions and then write any other thoughts.

You gain nothing from lying. Do something with your time.

>test audience
>aware of comic book characters
Is it even possible for this to be more fake?

Looks like you've been found out OP. What will you do next? How will you salvage your honor?

OP please don't leave the thread. Just make one more post. I really want you to try and save face or apologize. Don't run away this time. Face your mistake or defend your honor.

You really need to watch more movies.

So is that your source?
>"my roommate told me?"

Bloody christ, this is lazy even for shitposting.

>Atlantis looks like a mixture of Final Fantasy and the Star Wars Prequels
>Anyone who read Geoff’s New 52 Aquaman will love this movie

>Atlantis looks like a mixture of Final Fantasy and the Star Wars Prequels
I can't even begin to imagine what that looks like.

Thanks for the head-up, Mr. Mouse. I'll just skip this movie and use the saved money to watch Marvel's Black Panther (in theaters now) for the fifth time instead :)

Setting that bar nice and low, I see.

Look, I love a good DCEU bashing, and still call BvS one of the worst superhero movies of all time, but come on.
We fell for this with Wonder Woman and I won't be tricked twice. This movie has zero hype or hate until a trailer drops.

>Aquaman is basically an idiot that fights well kind of like the hulk without Banner.
>it's like seeing the Hulk cry.

WTF is up with these shitty Hulk analogues?

>I wanted pic related
and I want pic related. In the end, there no way to make everyone happy, but the DCEU struggles to make anyone happy.

>and I want pic related.

So you want a Aquman that is basically a joke character.

>Aquaman was one of the only cape movies i've ever looked forward to
>It's going to go through development hell and guaranteed to come out dissapointing
God. FUCKING. Dammit.

Are you autistic?

>Amber Herd's Mera was boring
Of course it is. This is a woman who made up lies about her husband for money so no way she could get into the right frame of mind for the role.

I just want normies to like Aquaman so as long as the action is cool I am happy.

Is the lie I will tell myself if the movie turns out shit.

Nu52 Aquaman was great though.

Thanks OP. You made the wrong choice, but I'm glad you had the balls to make it loudly. Now we laugh at you some more.

I would have thought anybody going to a comic book movie early screening is a comic fan.

You don't get to sign up like that nigga. They just pull you off the street and offer a free movie to any normalfag.

>user creates a thread talking about how audience reaction to Aquaman were good

>Disney Shill creates thread with no source that it’s worse than the holocaust

And people still deny that there are Disney Marketers. *sigh*

thread three - the remix

Are you seriously this desperate?

>Luke Wilson
Lol OP at least try.

Brave and the Bolds over the top boisterous Aquaman is head and shoulders above every "no guys look, he's totally tough and badass and cool and serious, look at him control Cthulhu" Aquaman

Nice pasta, Ladderchump.

It can't be as bad as BvS or Skwad, and it probably won't have as much meddling as JL. I could honestly see this being the second "good enough" DCEU film.

>You don't get to sign up like that nigga. They just pull you off the street and offer a free movie to any normalfag.
I literally signed up to a website for test screenings less than a week ago and I got invited to go watch Cloverfield 4 tomorrow so idk what you're on about. You really think they do that? They look for target demographics and shit

look at you go disney, solid effort

>my roommate
Suuuuuure, and I bet your dad works at Nintendo, too.

I believe the OP because I've seen similar reactions on twitter. Even Batmannews reported that the screening took place and they said some of the same things.

If critics say it's bad then it must be good.

You must have as much hope as me huh

I prefer to see my 5 tonner-max, MCU kill whitey, xbox 360 graphics "heroes" thank you very much

Lets be honest no one really expected the Aquaman film to succeed.