Why the fuck didn't Wally just rescue everyone from the nuclear bomb at the end of Kingdom Come?

Why the fuck didn't Wally just rescue everyone from the nuclear bomb at the end of Kingdom Come?

Because Wally in kingdom come was so fucking broken that if they acknowledged what he was capable of doing even the slightest, the entire plot would be rendered moot.

Honestly that's the way I feel about most flash comics. Most versions of the Flash are way too powerful for conventional superhero shenanigans.

Maybe wally wanted to see people burn for once.

Isn't it kind of implied he's isolated when we first see him?

>if they acknowledged what he was capable of doing even the slightest
they do...

acknowledged his capabilities by having him actually do anything, instead just saying he's ridiculous OP, which is what this thread is based on.

He was incapacitated at the time (which was bullshit)

He was fucked up at the time.

Shot to hell and beat up, Kid Flash got HIM out of there.

Correct answers.

Flash fags confirmed for power-level obsessed, non-comic reading casuals

>Implying Jakeem fused with the Thunderbolt couldn’t take Wally.

Because Waid is a hack

You just figured that out?

Wally was literally on multiple higher existential planes at once.

Well 99% of the characters that appear in Kingdom Come do nt actually do anything, so...

>Wally

Really? I thought it was Jay.

Was Green Lantern Alan?

Yep, Hal is seen at Batman's funerals tho. He probably hangs at New Oa like the rest of the corps and was busy in deep space during KC.

Is that the fucking Shadow?

It's Batman funerals.

Of course its him.

Yeah, his kids are in KC too IIRC. I think they both sided with Superman.

you see it's not fucking hard to put on a goddamn suit at a funeral

I have no idea how people defend this comic its such a sloppy work of fiction. To borrow a biblical analogy it was Fire and Fury Symbolizing nothing. The book even shot its self in the foot by the end.

It's enjoyable to read and re-read. I don't read comic books for their purposes or their impact on the industry but to relax.

Source?
I don't remember KC has some extended epilogue

You sound retarded.

JSA : Thy Kingdom

It's not something Ross was eager to do so it's not in any collected edition with the rest of Kingdom Come as far as i know.

So is a fucking 5D imp.

>Fucking Lamont Cranston at the head of Batman’s casket

Sometimes Kingdom Come is just so right.

>It's not something Ross was eager to do
>even though he agreed to draw part of it and even co-wrote some parts with Johns
Really made me think...

Just finished Thy Kingdom Come yesterday. Really enjoyed it.

My bad, there's THE Kingdom that Ross didn't work on and was mostly Waid milking the success of KC. And there's THY Kingdom that Ross worked on with Johns, like you said.

Got my pencils all mixed up, sorry.

HYPERTIME

Wally can’t switch off the Speed Force to attend a funeral?

The whole point is that Wally can't switch it off any more, he's trapped in perpetual motion. He's not even standing there, he's running in circles in place to create the illusion that he's standing still

why the fuck flash vibrating during the funeral? Can he just chill?

Man, that cover look like some chinese bootleg lmao.

I'm retarded or blind because I can't see him

>to borrow a biblical analogy
Oh user that's Shakespeare

It wasn't a Wally West story. That Flash obviously could've solved every single problem by himself given the way he was presented but Kingdom Come is about Superman dealing with a crueler world and showing that he's still Superman. It's not about lolflash is rilly fast guiz.

>Wanting to enjoy your hobby is retarded
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

so there is the kingdom and THY kingdom?

Yep

it fucking does lol

going from Ross to Olivetti/Zeck is painful

next to the glowing green lady (jade)

"Thy Kingdom Come" was a long arc in Johns "Justice Society of America" that Ross collaborated on. I can't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure it involves Kingdom-Come Superman being transported to the regular DC Earth for a short time to stop Gog from fusing with the Earth, and then teleported back to when the bomb went off at the end of Kingdom Come. It then ended with this series of pages, with the first being The Kingdom was Waid's continuation that Ross didn't like.

>POV character is a "preacher" who quotes the bible every couple of pages but doesn't believe any of it
>Superman throwing a tantrum because a jusry didn't convict a guy
>Wonder Woman becomes an edgy bitch and ruined most incarnations that followed
>Batman doesn't change at all but somehow he's a crypto-facist now
>whole comic is set up to be a diatribe about 90s capes are shit and we need to go back the gold old days, but all the capes from the good old days are just as bad as the 90s guys
>unable to actually resolve the crux of the premise, that metahumans are crawling out of the woodwork and something has to be done about them, Waid has a nuke kill 90% of them
It's just not good.

>Hal Jordan and The Shadow still maintain their youth

I remember that there was a story whereas, unable to deal with Hal turning into Parallax, Ollie and others went to the future to grab a younger Hal that was time-travelling from their past.
It was a wild ride of a story, maybe it was from Zero Hour, can't remember.

Nothing is good when you think about it enough.

>Nothing is good when you think about it enough.
*tips fedora*

You literally said you don't enjoy thinking

It's true though

I'm just saying that you're right, some of your points are valid and i agree with them, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the art, the dialogue and the story of Kingdom Come. For me despite all it's flaws, its a very good comic.
And you might think otherwise and you know what? That's perfectly fine.

It's false though.
You're creating a vapid post-modernist landscape that excuses mediocrity and outright shit because "nothing is good when think about lmao". You're a mental midget.

>enjoying
Just because you enjoy something doesn't make it good. That's soyboy logic.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

I think it was from a later Green Lantern story, Emerald Knights or something like that?

I just think it's funny that Hal and The Shadow managed to stay young while everyone else in the KC DCU showed signs of age. Although come to think of it, Jim Corrigan's human form hasn't age either but we know he died and became a ghost long ago.

>Just because you enjoy something doesn't make it good.
Sure, objective measures of what makes a comic good or bad exist, but my personal enjoyment is not bound to those rules
>That's soyboy logic.
Wew laddie

>unable to actually resolve the crux of the premise, that metahumans are crawling out of the woodwork and something has to be done about them, Waid has a nuke kill 90% of them
Sounds like a resolution to me.

Nah Emerald Knights is the (excellent) animated movie. Thinking about it there's also a possibility that Hal fused with the ring, he kinda does so in JUSTICE by Alex Ross.

You know if Alex Ross ever comes back to DC i'd love to see him write and paint more of Earth-22. KC+JUSTICE is my favourite continuity for DC.

>You're creating a vapid post-modernist landscape
No I'm not. I'm being critical of criticism. You are creating a straw man. Relax
>that excuses mediocrity and outright shit because "nothing is good when think about lmao".
I never excused mediocrity. I'm pointing out that opinions and criticisms are worthless if you can't explain your underlying aesthetic ideals. The phrase also applies to supposed "good" works of art. The wrong kind of thinking (like: citizen kane is a bad movie because I can't identify with the main character and there's not enough car chases) is toxic for discourse

>You're a mental midget.
You're some nobody on a kantonese basket weaving forum (in the children's books section) who really needs to call random people mental midget whose actual position you don't want to know

Are you the guy who confessed that he isn't interested in challenging his opinion in fear of becoming a paranoid nut who questions everything?

Where

Who says he didn?

>In an attosecond, the heroes of the world, facing death straight in the eye, found themselves instead captive in a strange basement full of old Flash artifacts... and sex toys.
>A blurry figure with a perverted grin vibrated excitedly, naked, before them all.
>They were captives, eternally, in the Flash's sex dungeon.

Even as a balding old man he still has the superman curl of hair.

the fuck