Gorillaz Thread

The band just won the Brit Award for British Group at the BRITS!
Here's Damon's acceptance speech: m.youtube.com/watch?v=y3sx8-V5XIY

It's gonna be hard to make me care about anything Gorillaz after their last album

>Wins award

>Speech is BREXIT REE

Fucking hell dude. Can we stop this yet? Can we just listen or appreciate the people who make it without this shit ALL the time?

>Crys about Brexit in their speech.

Oh boy i cant wait for the next album to be more of the same

Honestly this, after their last album, I don't give two shits about the Gorillaz. They ruined this shit and basically going to continue that formula for future shit

>brexit
not even gonna click then.

I only liked their first album, anything else was garbage

Honestly, I would rather have the next Gorillaz album be extremely anti-Brexit than have it be just another extremely anti-Trump album like Humanz was.

Everybody says this, and maybe I'm an idiot, but I just wasn't hearing it.

Ascenion, Let Me Out, Hallelujah Money and The Apprentice have very anti-Trump sentiments. I guess calling Humanz an "anti-Trump album" would kind of oversimplifying it, but it is a very unsubtle album when it comes to politics, even more so than Demon Days.

>White bois will NEVER understand why Humanz was great.
Stay Mad

People were saying the same shit after PB, see you in a few years saying how great Humanz is.

I'm newbie who only listens to "On Melancholy hill" and as this as my first full album listening I liked it. I even went back to listening to demon days and plastic beach and pretty much the sound is basically the same. You have autism. Also rhinestone eyes isn't that good, it's basically the beat that makes the song.

But but but the new album didn't sound like the old album! It wasn't what I was expecting when I pictured a new Gorillaz album, it was different! Why couldn't they sound more like they were when I first discovered them! There's not enough 2D, everyone knows it's not Gorillaz without 2D! What about the LORE!!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING LORRRREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Humanz was alright. Could have stood to be a bit less dominated by the collaborators but it still sounded like a Gorillaz album.

>What about the LORE!!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE FUCKING LORRRREEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
This, but unironically

>I even went back to listening to demon days and plastic beach and pretty much the sound is basically the same. You have autism.

Bump

>thinks demon days and d-sides is garbage
how does it feel to be subhuman?

I'm a brainlet. I never caught the politics in Demon Days until years later.

aside from couple poppy hit singles the sound is pretty much the same. Demon days itself very reminiscent of Busted and blue from Humanz minus the church choir