Nightwing Director Departs For Dungeons & Dragons

Director Adam McKay quits DC's Nightwing to helm the upcoming Dungeons & Dragons film.
McKay cited DC's lack of planning as his reason for leaving. It's all over Twitter so feel free to look it up.

I love DC but they really need to get their shit together.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Wbjtl8U760
variety.com/2018/film/news/nightwing-director-dungeons-and-dragons-at-paramount-1202706071/
tracking-board.com/with-nightwing-less-of-a-priority-for-dc-films-chris-mckay-enters-talks-to-direct-dungeons-dragons-for-paramount/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank god another one got out of that sinking shit before it was too late

>>DCEU
roflmao

STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY D&D YOU CAPESHIT GARBAGE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There's an upcoming Dungeons and Dragons movie? Again?

After you, m’lady.

Doesn't that make things worse actually?

But we already had the perfect D&D movie!

His name is Chris, you dunce.

Oh yeah a D&D movie will be a huge hit.

Unless there is a movie of that old D&D cartoon I`ve never heard of, no, there is not a perfect D&D movie

For who? The people who jumped? Duck no they're living the sweet life now

Fishburne got into the 10th anniversary marvel photo and he has a cameo at best

What exactly is the sweet life of doing cameos?

>For who?
For us, that mean we will get an even worse product now. The more inestability the more the final product will suck.

The D&D movie rights are split between 3 rights holders who are basically making the film together, can you imagine the executive meddling that is going to come out of this? Not to mention that DC doesn't make their films, Warner Bros. does, and WB is one of the people making the D&D film. Not to mention the writer attached to the film is the guy who wrote Wrath of the Titans.

Well if you're retarded enough to like DC and it's shitty characters then you deserve what you get

>It's another D&D movie about the shitty lore of D&D instead of a movie about people playing D&D

Seriously in the age of actual play podcasts why haven't they used this as an advertising mechanism for the actual game?

Well shit, the guy might as well jump off of a tall building.

Are you sure?

I would never call the D&D movies good but the 2nd one was kinda fun. And it had a Dracolich, so automatic points there.

Because they're cameos in GOOD movies plus Marvel is letting him do moon girl and devil dinosaur

Source? Only thing I can find is Variety saying Paramount want him to direct D&D

I didn't even know that Nightwing was getting a movie let alone it had a director.

>plus Marvel is letting him do moon girl and devil dinosaur
Man, his childhood dream has come true at last.

Doing one means he's not doing the other genius

He's not now

>GOOD movies

>Making a D&D movie around the concept of Jumanji

>Hey guys, lets make a fantasy movie about D&D!
>Okay, but every 10 minutes we'll cut to a scene of five people sitting around a table making shitty jokes and doing "funny" voices
The play podcasts function as an advertising mechanism for the game on their own, they don't really need to capitalize on it as it already serves that purpose.

I haven't seen anything that seems to say otherwise.

>Doing one means he's not doing the other genius
I don't necessarily think thats how it works.

>Doing one means he's not doing the other genius

You know that directors finish one project then do another? And that being offered something doesn't mean he has to do it, right?

That's stupid

Who would want to see GI Joe and the transformers team up with a group of sad pathetic losers who don't do shit but role a dice and make stupid voices with shitty accents

>Dungeons & Dragons film
Will it be a Fells Five film with Joe Manganiello as Adric Fell and Vin Diesel as Gruhn?

>a movie about people playing D&D
That exists though

youtube.com/watch?v=2Wbjtl8U760

The moment Nightwing movie was announced, I know that is not going to happen so I can't say I'm surprised that the director decided to run away.

No one cares the DCEU sucks

Why must you tempt me with things that can never be?

they're making a joker movie. i think they open up with a pseudo-joker origin film that blends that one joker comic where he looks like ledger and the killing joke. start it off with that and introduce a new batman at the end.

then superman, followed by batman, wonder woman, green lantern, etc.

they don't have to be too cheery or too dark. but they need to pick a lane.

Jesus Christ.

ITT: Brainlets

>‘Nightwing’ Director Eyed for ‘Dungeons & Dragons’ at Paramount and AllSpark Pictures (EXCLUSIVE)
>variety.com/2018/film/news/nightwing-director-dungeons-and-dragons-at-paramount-1202706071/

For the record, OP Adam is the wrong McKay when it comes to Nightwing.

I dont see how he'd be a good director for either property. I like his movies but the style doesn't fit in my opinion

Here's a legit news source:

variety.com/2018/film/news/nightwing-director-dungeons-and-dragons-at-paramount-1202706071/

As far as him "quitting" you're full of shit:
tracking-board.com/with-nightwing-less-of-a-priority-for-dc-films-chris-mckay-enters-talks-to-direct-dungeons-dragons-for-paramount/

Has D&D ever tried making an MMO, I find it odd that they aren't competitive or leading in that market.

ummmm DDO and it sucked.

I've heard positive things about their current game, Neverwinter.

The 3rd one somehow was even better

The Gamers movies cover this pretty well, they did one with Shadowrun instead of D&D, and one with a CCG

Damn, it looks so generic.
Like modile game tier shit.

Neverwinter is alright, the endgame areas are just grind to be able to grind even more.

>Adam McKay
>it’s Chris McKay
>hasn’t said anything twitter other than teasing info on Nightwing

Why did I even look it up

He's had a director and a writer attached to his movie since Feb of 2017. So a year ago. It was announced before the Bargirl movie.

No one cares though because no one really thinks a Nightwing movie is going to happen.

It was a great comedy