Who was the best out of these guys? Tim Curry, Tony Jay, or David Warner?

Who was the best out of these guys? Tim Curry, Tony Jay, or David Warner?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eqts63h2x8o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Warner_(actor)#Filmography
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ypu already listed them in descendeing order, OP

Tim Curry made me want to fuck pollution, so him.

Curry wins because he's also in the best Muppet movie. But they're all great.

>David Warner
Who?

Tony Jay’s most underrated and unrecognized role was narrating those 90s History Channal specials about aliens before it became the Alien I’ve Trucker Channel.

Those specials were downright intimidating with his voice over, and the topic of the unknown he presented was complimentary to it.

Ra's Al Ghul from BTAS.

>Tim Curry
Had a stroke but is still working even if his mobility and voice are fucked, he won't give up
>Tony Jay
Worked right up until he croaked
>David Warner
Moved back to England in the mid-00s and retired from cartoon acting save for a brief special guest appearance in Gumball.

I love Warner, but he quit while the other two didn't.

To be fair to David Warner, voice acting was always a side-gig and he's still working today despite being, what, 70 something?

The Lobe in Freakazoid too, though I remember him more as Jon Irenicus.

What does Warner do in England, exactly, besides the occasional Doctor Who radio drama?

He’s in a lot of theatre productions. Plus the Doctor Who stuff probably makes a good pay check and it no doubt helps that he enjoys doing them.

Tim Curry. Tony was great too, but Tim will always be my absolute favorite actor.

Warner.

Also, there are four lights.

Ah. Well, I can see why he left the US back in the 2000s, then. If all he wanted to do was serious theater stuff and all he'd BEEN doing since The Omen was B-horror movies and VA gigs in kids cartoons, then who could blame him. On a selfish level, though, I really liked his performances in cartoons and it sucked when Nergal's voice suddenly changed in Billy & Mandy. But ah well. It was cool that he actually got a special guest credit on Gumball, treating him like a celebrity, whereas he'd always just been listed at the end alongside thirty other names in the cartoons he did in the US.

Tony Jay is my co-pilot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eqts63h2x8o

He also actually enjoys the Doctor Who radio dramas. He actually asked the company that makes them (Big Finish Productions) if they would put him in more of them because he liked doing it so much and so they made him an alternate universe Doctor (which he excels at).

He also is getting up there in years. He’s 70(?) years old now and can’t do as much work as he used to.

David Warner

Depends on the role

>Flamboyant
Curry, the way his voice "peaks" and naturally cackles means he can do slightly goofy but also menacing very well

>Menacing
Jay, his deep growling easily project pure power and contempt in a way that makes you feel small

>Sinister
Warner, the tone is very well moderated with enough smoothness to show sophistication with an agenda.

76, apparently, so he's doing pretty well to still be so active.

Apart from the radio drama stuff, he's been in various dramas for all the different TV channels, and some feature films. Looking it up, he's actually been in a fair bit more than I thought he had
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Warner_(actor)#Filmography

Well, I don't know if Warner enjoyed doing all those B-movies in America or not, but he was almost always the best part of them whenever he popped up. He was like a Cushing or a Lee or any of the Hammer actors; given ridiculous material to work with but taking it SO SERIOUSLY that their professionalism and dedication always made them stand out amid the shittiness of everything else.

Getting typecast as "generic evil overlord dude" in cartoons probably stifled him. I liked him as Nergal so much because at times he got to be really goofy, which was something you so rarely got to hear from him in cartoons.

Same thing with Tony Jay, I suppose. His voice was so suave and evil, he got stuck doing overlord characters. Lipschitz in Rugrats was one of my favorite performances from him, because he got to say a bunch of silly stuff and give a weird performance.

>Tim Curry

JUST

>Tim Curry, Tony Jay, or David Warner?

One's dead, one's dying and one's all but retired from cartoon voice acting. This thread is depressing and I hate it.

Less Sup Forums but also Dillinger, MCP, and Sarc from TRON.

The one from Transylvania.

Jay has the best voice, Curry is the most charismatic, and I didn't know David Warner was all that highly regarded.

Curry > Jay > Warner

The other two are great, but Tim Curry is one of the most charismatic actors I've seen period

what a silly question

Is there anyone in the current generation capable of filling these men's shoes?

I think much fewer people are aware of Warner, but most everyone who is loves him.