What do you think of Trump's crusade against the New York Times?

What do you think of Trump's crusade against the New York Times?

His three most recent tweets all call them out.

Critics say he needs to stop with the petty twitter trolling and act like a real president elect, but others might say he's really trying to bring down the mainstream media.

What're your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

gothamist.com/2014/01/06/full-page_ny_times_ad_with_ao_scott.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

last bump

this should really be his spare time hobby..wrecking false media reports

>he's really trying to bring down the mainstream media
this

it must be so amazing being donald trump right now. he is the president . They literally have no comeback. He can finally just shit on everybody he's always wanted to shit on

HE IS TOTALLY DISMANTLING THE LUEGENPRESSE

MEIN FUHRER

Fuck the mainstream media. Why should he kiss their ass when they shit all over him and lie to the public. The best part of this whole primary/election season is that the whole "liberal media propaganda" idea is now so exposed that all but the most hardcore delusional liberals fail to see it.

It's pretty simple, big media outlets control the narrative and are use to shaping public opinion. Trump his leveraging is free tool to fight back.

The publishers don't realize it yet, but the end is near.

It was about time to be officially outed.

Fuck the MSM everywhere in the world.

>he needs to stop with the petty twitter trolling and say it in a CNN interview

Fuck the jewey nyslimes. they pushed for stupid wars, ignoring all the evidence and facts. Paper of record my ass. Fuck them.

Nice. He can shitpost NYtimes to bankruptcy now.

They are all shocked that he wants nothing to do with MSM when they have done nothing but dragged him through the dirt. It's time for the lies to be put to rest. Fuck MSM

got any more like these? where is this from?

The NY times is far from "failing".

Yes, their online stuff in particular reeks of bias (barely a distinction between Op ed and their news anymore) but Trump's constant assertion that they are "failing" just makes him sounds whiney and soft, though we already know he is both of those things.

I'd rather hear it from trumps twitter feed than the NY times. He can say exactly what he likes without fear of it being twisted or misrepresented as has been done in the past.

He needs a whitehouse.gov blog already

Drumpf is a fascist.

His enemy is free speech.

He wants to open up libel laws that don't exist against anyone who criticizes him

mainstream meateater

We are sick of you college educated journalists.
You prove how worthless you are by coming here.
You post whatever you want, then screencap the answer you write, publish it as if news, then come back and dare us to read it.
Thus, proving, you are garbage.

yeah no, the media is communist, trump wants to free the land of the fake press.

Jewish media needs their shit wrecked

You're an idiot

If America wanted a real President elect it wouldn't have elected a walking meme.
The people want shitposting, they shall have it.
Are you not entertained?

yep

It's petty, but I don't expect him to act like the POTUS until January, so... I mean, he's still who he was last week, just with a new, temporary title and no real power (yet).

Once his voice carries more significant weight, start calling out his trollish behavior. 'Till then, the media needs to suck it up.

Your* an idiot

New York Times has being call about losing money

He wants to still grounding them to death.

Also, is owned by a Mexican Billionaire so it's even funnier to him

He should tweet even more. Just think about all of the butthurt libsheeps getting triggered everytime they see this

Trips of Truth, they need their shit pushed in.

Everyone from the president down to the lowiest voter needs a constant full on attack against the lying press, the Hollywood elite, and all those who use lies,collusion and propaganda to try to alter the will of the voter.

The MSM needs a purge

Omfg I hope he keeps this up when he is in office. (Ignoring or bashing the MSM.) I'm gently stroking myself while considering that reality.

It's down-to.earth and shows transparency when he's directly communicating with the public. It's a president and not a king, people want to know what's going on and he delivers like he's supposed to do.

>all those who use lies,collusion and propaganda to try to alter the will of the voter.

You mean Breitbart and FOX?

I can't wait to have a President that actually declares war on the leftist media instead of just tolerating them. If anyone can do it, it's Trump. If there were ever a time to do it, it's now, when faith in the media is at 6%.

I love how he always calls them "failing ny times"

Trumpvalways rly is aware if winning and losing and making money and not

His eye is always on the bottom line

>critics say he needs to stop doing everything that made him successful
>(((critics)))

GAS THE KIKES
>RACE WAR NOW
GAS THE KIKES
>RACE WAR NOW
GAS THE KIKES
>RACE WAR NOW
GAS THE KIKES
>RACE WAR NOW
GAS THE KIKES
>RACE WAR NOW
GAS THE KIKES
>RACE WAR NOW

>"OMG LIKE HE IS SO CRAZY ON TWITTER LIKE WAT IF HE INSULTS ANOTHER COUNTRY AND STARTS WORLD WAR 2 OMG HE HAS THE NUCLEAR CODES AHHHHH"

Certainly Fox, but I dunno BB myself.

I think it's great.

The NYT has rested on the laurels as the "paper of record" for America for decades. It's become a rag.

>The NY times is far from "failing"
t.nytimes employee

Hold the hoaxing media accountable. Period.
>Sources have said the media is a faggot

fuck off kike

I think he has grudge against a media he feels has treated him unfairly. He is trying to further erode the public confidence in them so he can control the national narrative. So yes, he is trying to bring them down. He cant though, us liberals still believe the word of the NY Times over this demagogue. Do they get everything right all the time, of course not. But Trump has demonstrated a total disrespect for verifiable facts, he's shown us he will roll with whatever is politically expedient for the moment. So yeah, I'll still be paying my subscription to the NYTimes, actually might upgrade to show my support now that they are so embattled.

>Critics say
The critics also said he couldn't become president. They can go suck a dick.

Go back to the elementary school. You fucking numbskull.

Oh so you are paying for a shit propaganda paper, which pushed for false/fake wars (iraq etc)?
lmao you are dumb as fuck

Deserves it, NYT is a joke and has been going down hill in profitability and credibility for more than a decade now.

He's the petty one?

>Critics say he needs to stop with the petty twitter trolling and act like a real president elect,
Donald didn't get to become president elect like a "real presidential candidate". What he is doing is obviously working, and people like how real he is on twitter. Whether these dying media outlets like it or not, social media is pretty much the best way to get a message out these days. I for one wish Trump to continue using twitter. I don't even have a twitter but the screencaps are golden.

i'm sure they really care about your support nu-male

Your a fucking moron. The apostrophe signifies possession, so you basically said "his an idiot."

Tell me one thing that is true about Trump.

Protip: you can't

I'm dumb enough to have a PhD, to have been incredibly successful with my own business and to become semi-retired before age 40.
YOU have been manipulated by a demagogue that has little/no regard for the destruction he leaves in his path to power.

yeah your PhD in african numale studies is really valuable that you read shitty papers which published fake stories

why are we entertaining these questions from the media. Sup Forumslacks only

Your is possessive pronoun, you fucking idiot. You're is You are. Your is your.

Trump has said in the past that he intends to push stronger libel laws at some point when he gets into office, because the media has no real checks on it right now.

>Critics say he needs to stop with the petty twitter trolling and act like a real president elect
Fuck'em, if I was him I'd go all the way through 8 years, and give Full Powers to the Twitter folks to shitpost as they please.

I would love to see Twitter ban him

If a president does something, it's presidential. Trump doesn't need to imitate anyone else.

Does your dad work at Nintendo?

>semi-retired before age 40
in other words you're a shitposting NEET

Dude. Your is the possessive, you're is you are. This is a troll right? No one is this fucking stupid.

whoa. but how can there be two of us? because i am also the president of nintendo.

Guise is this pasta, or is he going for it?

>Critics say
Of course the critics want him to stop. He can break the MSM narrative with his twitter and they HATE it. NYT is working against the interests of liberty and the interests of this nation, they deserve to be destroyed.

FDR used radio to amplify his bully pulpit, Trump will use Twitter.

>Your is possessive pronoun

I'm is possessive pronoun? Time to go back to elementary school, dumbass.

Exposing truth is petty?

I can't wait for four years of trump shit posting on twitter

AUSTRALIA MENTIONED

Brain dead person confirmed.

Just google it.

Jesus Christ.

>tfw God emperor mentions your shitty country
Save us from the kikes here too Donald.

MAKE THE ANGLOSPHERE GREAT AGAIN

The fact the press is freaking out about him not telling them where he'll be every single minute of the day is bananas.

Isn't that the press' job? To know things? Embarrassing that they need him to tell them everything.

>Stein

Wowee what a surprise

>CNN interview
Are you joking? They'd edit the fuck out of whatever he said. Also his Twitter gets far more eyes on it than fucking CNN does. Plus CNN and all the other networks report on his tweets. And a tweet only takes 30 seconds.

lol someone ring the gay nazi alarm

dafuq is aryan spring lmao btfo shill

The Switch was a fucking mistake. Kill yourself for creating such a monstrosity at Nintendo HQ.

Oh -- this is that female tactic of slinging shit, and crying foul when some comes back their way?

The newyork times gets to cast aspersions on their platform, but not that trump has the highest platform in the land, he can't criticize them or defend himself?

Yea...You can fuck the hell right off.

We voted for him because there was nothing presidential about him. I'll be pissed if he changes that now.

I know he ripped off the father of one of my childhood friends in atlantic city. HIs paint business did not survive the bankruptcy of the Taj Mahal, yet Trump seems to have walked away with literal millions from that con job.
I know he is on trial for fraud in 3 states.
I know that he has used racial identity as a wedge in this election.
I know that his personality and his actions leading up to his election victory are so similar to the archetype of a tyrant, that there are crazily eerie parallels between Trump and the tyrant discussed in Plato's Republic, written 2000+ years ago

>Quarterly profits down 96%
>Only reason NYT isn't bankrupt is because Carlos Slim bankrolls them

I hope Trump continues to tweet when he is actually in the office

it's great. think of how long Obongo and the left have been doing the same thing attack Fox News/other right wing media.

we finally have a Republican in office who isn't a cuck and sticks up for himself. what more could you want.

Plenty of presidents have acted like this in the past. Trump doesn't have shit on based Jackson yet.

(((guterman)))

>Quarterly profits down 96%
wew

Why is it petty? Because it's twitter? Twitter is ingratiated in politics and society at large now, that's just the way it is. Like TV or radio.

No idea about the Nintendo thing. I had a US business in the food industry that I sold for 8 figures.

Fucking get em', I say.

KEK

SHILL BTFO

NYT lost thousands of subscribers, were forced to write an apology letter and are now fearing for their miserable business. It's all about sending a message as this will make other papers think twice about shitposting.

>let's take a look at the cheapest digital subscription plan:
>our payment method will be charged £4.25 every 4 weeks for the first year (£1.06 per week).
>it will then be charged £8.50 every 4 weeks thereafter, starting on November 15, 2017 (£2.13 per week)

Now let's modestly assume 2,000 people decided to cancel. We'll also gratuitously assume they had been subscribers for less than a year.

That's £8,500 ($10,500) lost per month.

The count of people who got fed up with their shit is most likely much higher and it's a reasonable assumption sizeable portion of them had more expensive subscription plans.

To compare, a full-page ad costs $70,000.

gothamist.com/2014/01/06/full-page_ny_times_ad_with_ao_scott.php

Now consider the business which can afford ad campaigns like these won't want to have their products associated with a newspaper which is seen as untrustworthy. If they lie about politics, what are the odds people will believe the ad saying our product is great?

He's not only calling out their bullshit - they can survive that and also don't give a toss. He's hurting their wallets and seeing how newspapers nowadays are struggling just to get by every lost subscriber brings them closer to bancrupcy.

Trump wrecked stock prices of several companies with just one tweet. Money is power and he's well familiar how these things work and actively uses the system against them.

The left, in turn, has no idea about money, how it works, how it is produced or even what inflation is. Money talks. Their feelings don't. This ensures our ultimate victory - you simply cannot lose to money paired with righteous conviction.

what protocol? Where in the constitution does it say he was to be shadowed by a hostile press his whole life? These people hate him, why should he humor them at all?

Cool sources on those claims, Paco. I think you have a wall that needs building. Oh also you have to go back

Obama went way beyond verbal abuse. He used the power of his office to go after Fox News.

>I know

Yeah, sure thing, kid. Am I supposed to believe you based on your words?

>muh tyrant

I wonder who is trying to destroy system just because you don't like the results... Hmmm...