Cartoons are so inconsistently drawn nowadays. At least it wasn't like this back then--

>Cartoons are so inconsistently drawn nowadays. At least it wasn't like this back then--

Other urls found in this thread:

traditionalanimation.com/spongebob-squarepants-model-sheets/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Still not as bad as modern cartoons.

Thing is that they improved upon designs or made them better, with steven universe the only design they improved was pearl and made her alot cuter, every other off model look is a downgrade on that show.

That looks like a few seasons of differences. What are the episode numbers.

>literally seasons apart

Yep, switching to digital will do that.

leaked image of spongebob from s20

For some reason, I can't point out any significant differences, other than the fact that it doesn't look the same.

Coloring before he was a "cheese" kind of color now he looks like a yellow highlighter

>first three are improvements on each other
>get to the fourth one
Fuck, go back

>implying that's from the same episode or even season

Don't forget all those DIC cartoons back then.

Who do you even think you're arguing with?

nose, teeth separation and size, general sponge shape.

There also seem to be some changes in line thickness, but that might be the digital switch user was talking about. The last for example looks the cleanest and most streamlined and also looks bland af. All his features while distinct for the character are somehow generalized too much, it's even lost it's posture, and taken away a lot of the personality of the character...damn.

The angle of his body becomes more and more upright just like my dick whenever I see Squidward and imagine his tentacles rubbing all over my body as he sensually plays the clarinet during a romantic late night bubble bath after the both of us had too much red wine.

>that pic

holy shit that's pretty bad

>This is your best example
Wow you sure showed me

Nani the fuck?

lion grew up, that's all.

ok dobson, but steven was at connie's shoulder height and then he was almost at the same height

Is it just me that feels like the arms get raised a little bit on each instance?
Before, his hands reached a to his knees
Now they barely reach the bottom of his pants

It's called a growth spurt dumbass.

>3rd one
>improvment
>with that straight stance and lowered cheek

I was going to say his torso was getting longer but you're right. You can tell by the placement of the holes on his side and front left side. in the last two they start moving higher.

>Sleeves don't connect to the shirt anymore

This fucking angers me so much

>spongebob, a comedy show, goes off model, doesn't effect the show
>Steven universe, a cartoon meant to be serious with an ongoing plot, goes off model, thereby distracting from the series moments of the show

SU fags are in hard denial of how shit their show is

It's never been to the level that it's distracting, unless you're that autistic to notice.

Fuck! I didn't notice that.

Kinda amazing that ed, edd n eddy managed to stay consistant with it's designs for it's entire run

I believe the designs became more cartoonish Season 3 onwards.

I like the rough edges on older episodes of long running cartoons. Gives it character.

>Arms slightly rising each iteration until no longer attached to his shirt
>Shift from drawing to digital producing a cleaner image
>Body's natural curve fades away until he's a brick instead of a floppy sponge (even affects his legs)
>Cheek begins to morph into a cancerous growth instead of being part of the mouth
>Legs grow taller and by the fourth iteration are disproportional to rest of body
>Turns a brighter yellow each time

Yes, the pilot regularly looks different than the following first season, where shows still fine tune their look.
But once the style that is desired is achieved usually things become more constant as opposed to modern shows where even in the fifth season basic proportions fluctuate widely even within the same episode.
That terrible consistency is a very new thing, different studios doing different episodes in old shows of course resulted in differences in look but the same studio fluctuating that much, hell even within the same episode with same storyboarders?
That is a new low, it's clear that the SU has people in it that lack basic drawing fundamentals that they can't consistently draw the same shapes and objects, that's Drawing 101 and yet they seem to lack the basics.

Spongebob always looked best when he was more trapezoid

More images

traditionalanimation.com/spongebob-squarepants-model-sheets/

I do notice. I'm an animation student.
It's easy to brush a shows mediocrity off, but that just means you're accepting mediocrity and don't care if somethings actually good or well made. studios see normies accepting and loving that shit and they just continue being sloppy. That's how things don't get better, user. Sorry to insult your mediocre at best waifu show, but until the animators and writers on it stop being so lazy they can't even stay on model, its not gonna be a good show.
The reason it's easier to accept spongebob or ren & stimpy being off model or inconsistent is because when they go off model, for the most part, they're creative with their expressions. Plus it's a comedy. having connie shrink a foot during the same scene is distracting to anyone who actually cares about what they're watching and doesn't just accept everything because it's "okay".

Remember guys too on model and it's stiff, too off model and it's inconsistent

Then if you can't even draw your characters you're SU

So why exactly does Sup Forums hate nu-spongebob again?

This has to be b8

cause it's a constant reminder of how the same hilarity of seasons 1-3 will never be achieved again

A few minor goofs doesn't render an entire show unwatchable. I can acknowledge them and still enjoy the show. Sorry if that's too hard for you.

Sounds nice

It's not about being "consistent", it's about doing someting with the alternative style you're taking when you go off model. Drawing something differently but not doing or expressing anything special with it is just bad practice and achieves nothing.

>Remember guys too on model and it's stiff, too off model and it's inconsistent
In a serious moment, the art should be on model imo. It's not meant to be goofy. SU doesn't stay on model during "serious" moments (such as when they cry over nothing) and it's hard to look at.

In a less serious show being off model is fine. Spongebob is surrealist comedy, for example, so it's not a big deal if spongebob looks slightly odd.

A big problem with steven universe being visually inconsistent is the show wants to be taken seriously. But it's really hard to take seriously when the animators don't care enough to try to keep the heights consistent. They're so lazy and unqualified they don't even know how tall their main character is supposed to be.
So my points are right and you're one of the people i'm talking about? It's hard for me to accept mediocre and lazy media when there's so much quality out there to pick up instead. Good for you that you can enjoy the show and can ignore it's flaws. People like you are why shows don't really get better, stagnate and die

Same goes to The Simpsons. The early seasons it was animated by Klasky Csupo (Rugrats), but then it's switched to Film Roman.

I just said that I can acknowledge the flaws (unless they're incredibly minor, cause then you're just nitpicking), but not be so bothered by them to make me quit watching. They're still overall better quality than you give it credit for.

my god

Alright, well good for you then. The quality of the show is still low, regardless of how much you can ignore it (writing wise, animation wise, character wise, action wise, story wise, all weak). Enjoy watching and defending a show that you admit is flawed.

Just doing what any normal person would.

Any "normal" person would realize what they're watching isn't very good and move on. What you're doing is nothing short of insanity.

You clearly overestimate normal people. They’d just casually enjoy what they happen to enjoy regardless of its minor flaws they may or may not notice. If anything, your overly picky attitude is more indicative of insanity.

>(writing wise, animation wise, character wise, action wise, story wise, all weak)
Lol, better then the shit we've been getting for years.