youtube.com/watch?v=_H89WkFUG2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I laughed aloud when she said that.

Shuri is a qt but that was still too much

>Black people
>cute

Absolutely never.

Try harder... I think a few anons missed your point

Why do black people care so much about shoes?

Besides this joke, the entire movie was much better then what marvel has put out in the past few years

I didn't laugh but I must admit it wasn't out of character for Shuri to be obsessed with memes.

The sneakers joke was better.

Literally the one thing I didn't like about the film.

Memes should stay on the internet. Them heading into film is corruption and wrong.

They protect your feet, you barefoot savage.

>I didn't laugh but I must admit it wasn't out of character for Shuri to be obsessed with memes.
What? Do you know Shuri's character?

this
also i'm sure the 'what are those' joke was fresh when they were writing this but I think it should have gotten the chopping block in editing

Well, shes a mary sue for example.

She's super smart, she's a sarcastic sassy memer, she wanted to go to Coachella and she likes broken white boys.

I had never been more embarrassed to be black then at that moment...

>She's super smart, she's a sarcastic sassy memer, she wanted to go to Coachella and she likes broken white boys.
She is a try-hard filled with sand in her vagina that have smiled less than 3 times in her entire existence in the comics.

I bet you laughed at bubbles no me gusta too

DUDE OUTDATED MEMES LMAO

Good thing that's not the MCU then. I understand why some people like to be faithful to the source, but sometimes changes are good.

It's a meme?

yeah you dip

Sorry for not being informed as to the wondrous world of Black Twitter memes.

(user, "it's a meme you dip" is also a meme, so we are really just going in circles)

BP was as good as anything they've done. I'd rank it as tied for first place with Thor Ragnarok, above all the other MCU movies, some of which, are barely watchable shit.

I saw it as just a play on millennial humor so I chuckled with a playful facepalm

Shuri was a cute in general. A CUTE!

Wakanda may be ahead of the rest of the world in technology, but they are behind it in memes.

Because for about a century they weren't allowed to wear any

It's just going to age like milk. KEEP MEMES OUT OF MOVIES

This Ragnarok wasn't even the best Thor movie, let alone best MCU movie.

...style?

For reference
youtube.com/watch?v=_H89WkFUG2U

It was easily the best Thor movie. But you could have had Thor painting a wall and watching it dry for two hours be more engaging than previous two.

>a century
It was a bit longer than that.

Really? I mean yeah everything on earth pretty much sucked, but the set and costume design for Asgard was so, SO much better than the next two Thor movies. Same with the acting as well. Hopkins and Hiddleston give far and away the best performances the MCU has had until Black Panther. Fuck, even Hemsworth is really trying. You get NONE of that shit in the sequels, especially Ragnarok. Also, Thor 1 had memorable music, which is rare for the MCU.

Most of her jokes weren't that clever or funny to me.
There was a smirk for the sneakers bit at first, and a laugh at the recording T'challa kick the suit.

>Most of her jokes weren't that clever or funny to me.
>/r/iamverysmart

>someone has a different opinion than I do and isn't insulting my opinions
>better call him/her a redditor
The guy was just giving his opinion and I agree with him. Shuri wasn't all that funny. The what are those joke was only temp funny because of it's old meme status and the cringe accompanied with it

They did that?

>16 year olds
>making clever/funny jokes
When was the last time you spoke to someone under the age of 20? In case you didn't get the memo, there's a reason shitty memes are popular and it's not witty/clever adults.granted, I doubt they did that intentionally and I'm almost certain that the people who wrote in those memes assumed those were good jokes.

Did he ever do any sneaking?

Oh well, It was pretty cute and I'm madly in love with Shuri.

Shuri is my waifu.

I am so glad we have a female autist now. So tired of all the male autists in the comics

Like Reed Richards and Doom?

Yes and Peter Parker thanks to slott

Her delivery could have been better.

How come he never used the sneakers to stealth up on anybody??

I didn’t know it was a meme so i just thought it was her being silly

Shuri is cute
CUTE

Black Panther was actually the best Thor movie

it was dated

Nigga Shuri is a complete different character from her comic counterpart

It's not in universe, though. That vine would have been a semi fresh meme

Everyone laughed in my theater

Shoes?

>all of the tumblr fags in this thread that actually liked the joke.

What has this website fucking become

This Vine meme is so outdated that people hated it when Drake referenced it on his 2016 album Views.

Guarantee the gag comes up again in MCU

I'm not American, so no, I didn't.

Because Sneakers are for faggots.

Fuck off, old man.

Please don't tell me this is actually in the movie.

That had me laughing

It has become normalized. It was inevitable.

. . . I never thought about it, but I do have a natural affinity for nice shoes. I want to wear nice shoes, goddamnit. So what if it's genetic.

Same reason they play to win when it comes to church clothes.

At one time it was a luxury.

In one or a few countries. The majority of blacks who still lived wherever the fuck they lvie could wear whatever the fuck they wanted, technology limiting.

america isn't the world.

>When was the last time you spoke to someone under the age of 20? In

Every day. I'm a college professor.

What do you teach? Faggonomics? Hahaha

Draw t'challa in vans or whatever it was.
>Those kids got an ad deal
>It pays not to be a shithead.

>reee why isn't Sup Forums = Sup Forums
Fucking newfag.

>america isn't the world.
lol yes it is

because the film was cut bad?

He did sneaking in literally the opening of the film but they couldn't do the Shuri part before that.

NAW YU TAKE THAT COMMENT BACK PARDNER

Similar enough, both versions are obsessed with technology or anything they can use to lead Wakanda over big bro, both loev big bro, both are capable fighters on their own

I liked the MCU version she had a bit more charisma the animated and comic shuri are pretty boring.

It really was, but the sneakers joke was better.

Haha Shoe-ri.

>liking Shuri at all
>liking anything Hudlin at all

Sounds like you are the oldfaggot around here, because that joke is old as dust now.

They don't have proper shoes in Africa.

I heard people bitching about this line before I saw the movie.

I was expecting some cringe-scene where she's shouting WHAT ARE THOSE when some robots or some shit come to attack.

Maybe it's too close to home for me to see the problem, but it reminded me of going to see my aunt from Kenya and her complain about someone stepping on the house with their shoes on.

It was kind of dumb but Shuri is a cute. MCU based Shuri cartoon when.

Same reason why black people have an affinity for running

In French a type of window is called "vasistas", derived from "Was ist das?", German for "What is that?"

Looks like an Overwatch character

It was a dated gag that had my whole friend group feeling like aliens not laughing at it while the rest of the theater erupted in laughter, but I didn't hate it. It wasn't funny, but I'm with the character making the joke. It was clearly her referencing a meme, which informs us a little about her as a character. It's the same as her saying she wanted the ceremony to be over soon. She's more "modern" and with the rest of the world, less focused on tradition.

That said, keep memes out of movies unless your writers are smarter about it and make the character way more online or are making commentary on internet humor.

I think the exact opposite, it worked precisely because it was so unexpected and out of place

Why shouldn't you care about shoes?

I love how outside of Wakanda T'Challa is respected by everyone, yet back at home he's treated like a dork where everyone from his sister to his Dora Milaje clown him on a regular basis.

>memes
You mean easily repeatable jokes that people unironically find funny?

... Fuck they would be adorable together.
Would webs work on vibranium?

>Doomfist skin

That's family

>Culture has otherworldly materials
>Light years ahead of even the closest non-wakandan competitor
>hasn't invented sneakers
What did disney mean by this?

Remember when vine was alive

They specialized and missed that branch of the upgrade tree while grinding up their vibranium tech.