DC has proven they can write/draw Marvel characters better than current year Marvel

DC has proven they can write/draw Marvel characters better than current year Marvel.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/98147174/#98147174
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminded me of USM but still want to wait to see where do they take it, good first issue though.

DC has become Marvel for beaten down marveldrones

>write/draw Marvel characters
>better than current year Marvel
That's not much of a bar to clear, senpai.

nice to see Boomerang taking it up a notch and fighting cosmic threats

I'm waiting until Brimstone to truly judge. I've always been more a Ghost Rider guy than a Spiderman one.

>Ronin the Accuser goes gansta on Miles
Ewing is writing this, isn't he?

Grant Morrison is going to jump in, should be preddy gud.

How do you go from one man to generalizing all men or is that character suppose to be a retard

Didio, believe it or not

He's less Ronan and more proactive Watcher.

>I'm waiting until Brimstone to truly judge.
I liked Sideways and Silencer well enough to keep reading ( the former also has OP's art at least for the first arc or so ); but Damage was pretty weaksauce and the artist is out after only 3 issues.

>Absolutely nothing happens outside some heavily delivered backstory and predictable woe-is-meism around the main cast
>Culminates in a contrived coming conflict from what'shisface not understanding his teleporting is bad, and no explanation from what'sit'sface why
Shakespearean
>Inb4 some deflect about Spidey in the hands of Marvel ruining his marriage, putting him on the couch of a vitriolic manhater and reducing him repeatedly into an incompetent and hazard.
>Because I agree with all that shit being terrible but that doesn't make what this fucking nothing is a masterwork.

>or is that character suppose to be a retard
Worse: that character is Hellcats new ( literally a few pages before as this was the first fucking issue ) Gay Best Friend ( and new roomate, because sure ). So it's a DUDE slagging off all other dudes.

And then the two of them track the boyfriend down and beat him up in the park. Seriously.

>referring to comic companies as single entities that write and draw by themselves
>in the year of our lord two thousand and eighteen
Absolutely unironically kill youreself

I don't think anyone is calling it a "masterwork", most just see potential. It's been one goddamn issue

>He's less Ronan and more proactive Watcher.
I know, I've read it. I was just poking fun at the character designs.

Daniel is only doing three issues?

Or is it three issues, fill-in, etc etc etc?

>>Absolutely nothing happens outside some heavily delivered backstory and predictable woe-is-meism
You're ignoring the waifu-bait, user.

>characters are written like actual teenagers with shitty attitudes, doing things like texting "LOL" while staring blank-faced at their phones like dumb asses
>character introduction was decently paced
>what little glimpse of the plot we've gotten is at least interesting
>artwork is out-fucking-standing
Only thing still up in the air is whether or not the action will be good. I don't know what else you want.

Of all the New Age Of Heroes stuff, I'd say Sideways has been the weakest. Lots of nothing happens, end on cliffhanger which I'm not really interested on following up with.

Damage was cool, but felt a lot like a #0 instead of a number one. Seemed a little reminiscent of Tony Daniel's old The Tenth series, actually. Might pick up #2.

Silencer was straight up bad ass. JRJR has gotten lazy but overall I was down with it and looking forward to #2.

So what is this, some teen kid fighting great cosmic dangers or something? That costume is pretty fucking good, love the simplistic style which almost seems like it takes ques from Kamen Rider/Sentai designs, at least in the mask.

>Lots of nothing happens
Damage was almost all double page splashs, user. It was effectively 12 pages of comic with the second issue adding very little.

And it's basically current Red Hulk ( "Hour of Power" ) with a bit of Venom Symbiote psychosis.

Acknowledging Rocafort's trademark draw only gives it power.
But my GOD, the instant he puts it to paper I'll be at my LCS so fast the Flash will blush.

>current year Marvel.
They've been better for a while, except for a few like early supergirl

>Silencer was straight up bad ass
hello tumblr

>some teen kid fighting great cosmic dangers or something?
We've only had one issue; so so far all we know is that he can "rift" and skip around anywhere he wants to go, sorta like America Chavez does when she kicks a star shaped hole in reality.

>except for a few like early supergirl
And Superwoman.
And JLA.
And Wonder Woman ( esp since Robinson ).
And Titans.
And Suicide Squad.
And ...

Comixology best sellers for that week releases
>18. Sideways
>19. Spider Man

>So what is this
Only one issue out which was largely just laying down the setting/main characters, hard to say. I vaguely remember hearing something about how his powers are going to cause tears in the multi-verse or something, hence Grant Morrison getting roped in and probably why he is being pursued by the big cosmic looking dude.

>"Hour of Power"
He's like Hourman?

>draw Marvel characters better than current year Marvel.
That's not hard when you have Kenneth Rocafort on your payroll

You liked the art? I thought it was meh.

I think some pages sufferened printing errors that made the line work oddly...I don't know how to quite put it...pixelated? It's unpleasant to the eye.

Some pencilers have really strong work that they can get away with coloring over uninked pencils. Rocafort isn't one of them. Sorry, but 99% of comics need a damn inker.

Also, Rocafort seems to be a guy that likes big flashy splash pages and struggles with basic storytelling. Rocafort needs to be able to tell a visual story cleanly and concisely. Too many panels and pages seem to be organized rather haphazardly.

Damage was way worst than this

>Damage was almost all double page splashs

Translation, you kinda skimmed the book. Opinion's worth fuck all. Nice talkin ' to you.

>I don't know how to quite put it...
Well, you sound like an expert.

Sorry, not a preteen pansexual bi lesbian with daddy issues. If I were I'd at least show you my tits.

>>"Hour of Power"
>He's like Hourman?
Literally.

Sup Forumsntrarian faggot detected.

Not even him, but whoa, user. Kind of defensive there. Damage's issue was a whole lot of nothing. Issue 2 was a bit better though

I dunno Immonen draws the hell out of some Spider-Man

>you kinda skimmed the book
Very little happens, user:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98147174/#98147174

I'm also not a fan of Rocafort's art for some of the same reasons mentioned above -- there are DOZENS OF US!

>there are DOZENS OF US!
BLASPHEMY!

Nah. It's just like, opinions man. Most days Rocafort's art ain't my jam -- but I'm glad you are digging on it.

>Most days Rocafort's art ain't my jam
No, I totally understand. I know people who'll buy anything that Alred does and I'm not fond of his whole "pop art" thing. And I wince every time someone gushes about how great the Janin issues of Batman are ( he's not as bad as Deodato or Petersen but he's still got that uncanny vally 3d thing going on more often than not ).

Different strokes and all that.

So we thinking 3 way fuck buddies with the twins already?

CWC can write/draw better character than Marvel

>I know people who'll buy anything that Alred does and I'm not fond of his whole "pop art" thing.
Thank god you're here, I almost thought this entire place was filled with lunatics.
I'm not being sarcastic, I legitimately have rarely seen anyone come to their senses with Allred's grating fixation.

You the same shitposter in those Damage threads who swears up and down DC stole one of his ideas/submissions?

Something about their identical appearance will likely happen, but I suspect Ernestine to end up the Gwen of this series if you catch my meaning.
Which you probably won't because I'm not referring to being impregnated and killed by an insane cosplaying businessman but just how she'll end up replaced by another chick, probably a red head. Sort of like what happens in Invincible.

>Stole their idea
Damage is literally just Hulk with a stronger military theme and Spawn's timer shtick.

And yet we have a guy on here who adamantly claims DC tweaked a version of whatever he had

No Spiderman comics are masterwork, stupid.

>Launch a new wave of series
>All of them suck but one has nice art
>MARVEL BTFO
I can see the Terrifics/Fantastic Four threads already

>love the simplistic style which almost seems like it takes ques from Kamen Rider/Sentai designs, at least in the mask.

Its Spider-man.

I know it's likely that, but it also kind of resembles tokusatsu style helm designs, with the little forehead V

Spiderman was also a heavy influence on such designs, having a 1978 tokusatsu show of his own, one of the first to have megazords and shit.

Supaidaman was very cool.

Imagine being this butthurt that people like a harmless comic

The only time I enjoyed Alred's art was for iZombie

Remember when you could read a Hellcat comic and she would fight a yeti while hunting down an Eskimo witch...good times.

If Sideways joined The Justice League, Cyborg would have even less reason to be their. Unless Sideways can't "Boom Tube" other people as well

well I guess you losers had to be able to do SOMETHING better even if it isn't really

also how many directors have you lost now? 12 with Reeves on the way?

>b-but muh movies

Plot twist: The Stacey twin ends up being the love interest while the nerdy twin ends up becoming a villain

How would you feel about this?

im okay with some random twitch whore getting btfo

I can kind of see the Twitch slut using Vlogs and shit for evil or to generate a fanbase in contrast to how Derek is doing his. A good twin and evil twin also feels so very Morrison.

>Elvis gets surrounded by supervillains
>he doesn't really give a damn because A) he's ex-military and B) he's Damage

Based.

Id rather that background nerd girl that said hi to Derek be the love interest. Even better if she doesn't get a makeover
Parasite getting taken out by "eating too much power" was fucking dumb though

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta have it done to them.

There was literally not a single thing about it that was Tumblr-ish. Fuck sake JRJR specifically said he wanted to make he as non pc as possible.

>TFW if you said the exact same thing but reverse youd be called a sexist
I fucking hate this timeline, i want to go back in time and personally convince each of these feminists mothers to go through with the abortion.

>Rocafort isn't one of them
Except that is one of his major selling points.
>and struggles with basic storytelling
But there was nothing wrong with the storytelling.

>( he's not as bad as Deodato
Mabye modern Deodato but Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers era Deodato was 100 times better.

At least they bothered to remember that Giganta is a scientist

>dose baggy eyes
She been up all night drinking?

considering the character presumably either making his costume/cosplay, or gaming

that or doing meth and tricking out her own asshole, but we'll have to wait a few more issues to figure that out

>credit for 'storytellers' includes the artist
>separate credit for 'dialogue'
Are you shitting me?! They're even doing this using the Marvel Method! Fuck me!

Wait sideways came out already?

How about the rest of the new heroes?

I said that exact same thing in the storytime.
If he is Spiderman how long before his lack of responsability makes one of his adoptive parents bite the dust?

What are your bets the mom or the dad?

Yeah, Silencer was pretty good. Pretty sure people will foam in the mouth if she beats Deathstroke in #3 tho

Silencer and Damage are out too. Damage #2 is out this week, should still be in the archives

Sure, he could be a dick... orrrr...

"We-we got in a fight because I told him I wanted to have drinks with my bestie instead of going to the p-play he saved for a month t-to buy the tickets for!"
~
"J-just because he found out I w-was g-giving blowjobs to my ex while he was at work he th-threw our tickets away and c-called me a w-whore!"
~
"I t-told him he s-shouldn't waste his time going t-to his b-bitch of a mother even if she was r-recovering from surgery!"

Compairing to slotts work thats not saying much

I bet something will happen to the dad. I don't think he will outright die, but he will end up in a coma or with a missing limb.