ITT: Cartoon episodes with terrible lessons

>if you want to solve a conflict, lie out of your ass

I disagree. Sometimes just lying about something is right when otherwise a shitstorm would happen. I know Americans will find this to be very relatable.

you'd rather have aang devote several episodes undoing generations of mistrust?

Sometimes the ends do justify the means. A lesson Aang should've been consistent on at the end when he didn't kill Ozai.

>>if you want to solve a conflict, lie out of your ass
Works for some of the wins in the court systems.

>Exploiting a friend's emotional vulnerability to get into her pants his okay!

Why I never got into Kim/Ron

>if you want to solve a conflict, lie out of your ass
That's true though.

This. I am American and would rather be lied to then told the truth and getting mad.

I don't know man, CNN tells me multiculturalism is working out fantastically and I'm feeling pretty good about it

OP you're retarded, that was a great lesson.

what happens when they realize you where feeding them bullshit?

It's pretty great if you're assimilated

>I didn't learn anythin'! Ha! I was right all along!

Never happens.

They accept that they've been rused but realize that it was ultimately for a good cause.

They'd look like jackasses if they just went back to war like that.

>its okay to steal as long as its from people who 'deserve' it

They did this one twice.

That's his job tho.

I mean if you're willing to believe your great cultural history willing to feud over for over a century was just misunderstanding a baby game , then it wasn't really worth it.
But it also implies they'll be back up to their old shit in no time since if the feud was so senseless it implies they simply want a reason to be bigots and a wronged history just gives them justification.
To be fair, it's more of a joke ending and robbing those people lead to them getting into big trouble both times.

Can I count an entire animated movie? Finding Dory is essentially 'thinking before acting is for LOSERS'.

>it's okay to kidnap someone, manipulate them into getting together with you, endangering their life and physically assaulting them, if you're a girl

>It's okay
Did you even watch it or what?

>killing bullies and jocks is now somehow wrong
Seriously fuck this episode and anyone who believes this nonsense

Would you rather told the truth, and have the 2 tribes kill each other in front of you?

Perhaps by that time they would be more wise to handle it.

Yeah but he fucked up and ended up only shooting the gay kid, which is a hate crime.

That line in Rick and Morty where Rick tells Beth "She's not evil, she's just smart" always put me the wrong way because that's something I can see Dan genuinely believe in.

Its a narcassist's idea of what being intelligent is like.

Smarter people on average tend to have higher empathy, its one of the reasons they can be oddly gullible and accommodating to shit people. They aren't the sociopaths sneering at their lessers the way Harmon and other writers like to imagine.

Harmon probably has slightly above average intelligence (like a lot of creative people), which coupled with his narcissism he confuses for genius.

Moral of the story is dont fucking miss your target

Isn't it rather just that this fight is so old and the people have been bickering so long over shit that may not have even happened, the better solution for everyone was to just make some shit up so they don't keep up a stupid feud that didn't benefit anyone.

Hey, it works

"What appalling cynicism"

"We prefer to call it diplomacy"

>I know Americans will find this to be very relatable.
Don't we lie to actually start shit?
Like that spanish war thing or whatever?

What consequences did Sadie suffer for her deceit and coercion? If I remember correctly, Lars ends up feeling indebted to her after being saved and the look on his face implies that he feels like he's in the wrong. And Sadie is all like, "Tch whatever." When the mras and the red pills want ammunition, this is the type of bullshit they cite. Fuck Sadie. Lars has suffered more than anyone because of the gems, but who cares, right?

>it's ok to be shitty people as long as you're lgbt

Hopefully by then they'll realize how foolish the entire conflict was. In real life, people would be able to analyze both sides of the argument and seeing how they were wrong, and certainly wouldn't revert to being hateful of one another just because they were lied that. Nobody in real life would be that cartoonishly dumb.

Yes, Minister is a good show.

>Lars has suffered more than anyone because of the gems, but who cares, right?
It's pretty telling that when the new episodes came out and showed Lars losing it over seeing Sadie happy and hearing her having the life he wanted (being 'in' with the Cool Kids) as if he was a massive pussy shows how double-edged the viewership is about this show and emotional validity. This character who was kidnapped from home, died on a foreign world, brought back as a pink zombie, and manufactured a daring escape with a pile of freaky rejects to get back home sees that Sadie, someone he's implied to have feelings for, moved on with her life and took over a position he coveted. I don't blame him for being fucking crushed, honestly, his life for all that spaceship posturing has been utter shitty nonsense since Topaz and Aquamarine showed up.

Sadie is shittier than the fanbase leads on and for how much 'emotional validity' the show grants and is touted as some great traditional masculinity-breaking thing, it just pushes more the idea of dismissing certain reactions while coddling others arbitrarily, making the concept of appropriate reasons to be sad obfuscated.

He's a space pirate now who could get plenty of ayy pussy if he wanted to.
He shouldn't even care about Sadie anymore, but of course we can't have him enjoy something ever at all.

I was wondering more about what are they going to do with you when that happens.

It wasn't just about Sadie it was seeing how everything and everyone were better without him. He had always struggled with self loathing and in that moment, every negative thing he ever thought about himself was confirmed.

Why do Cartoons need morals?

Because Mr Enter said so

>third Avatar thread up currently

I would literally rather kill someone then lie to them. If I catch someone lying, evening about the most mundane thing, I will stop associating with them.

Pretty much every "lesson" in Steven Universe is not only retarded, it's outright wrong

If "stick your dick in alien chicks to save earth" is wrong I don't want to be right.

>Accepting and tolerating people with different opinions is the right thing to do
I hate that one too. Everyone else must be strung upside down with their innards if they so much disagree with me.

They start celebrating Avatar day with deep fried Aang cookies.

By the time they realize it, the tribes mixed so hard that it's impossible to differentiate who belongs to which.

hello Abbey

Not exactly an aesop but it's one of the more common ways to have the episode ending with everyone laughing so...
>It's okay to laugh at someone being humiliated if they deserved it!
No it's not. That's a very asshole thing to do.

>communicating with your loved ones when you’re having emotional turmoil is a bad lesson

The hell does that mean?

people believe what they want to hear and the truth is irrelevant compared to emotions

>priorities

Look at Hillary. She’s still a free woman. The answer is NOTHING will happen.

>defending that shitshow

>dumb weeb trying to shit on SU cause it's popular to do so
>making such an outlandish statement
>being so wrong
Oh I'm calling them out alright

I really think it could have been better if Lars had gotten over his momentary depression by himself. Show us the worse aspects of old Lars for a moment being resentful and jealous of Sadie but then we see him smiling and being happy for Sadie and immediately jumping back to captain Lars mode. That way we see that his time in space didn’t magically fix his flaws of character but instead made him grow as a person making him more emphatic towards others.

>being so wrong
Says you

Did people hate this episode mainly because the build up with the two tribes lead to a pointless resolution?

More or less. The episode is largely pointless and nothing about it is ever brought up again, not even a return of the two tribes to help out or just showing how they've changed in the time since Aang mended their alliance. The Ember Island play pretty much summed up how pointless it was with the "Let's keep flying" bit. Still, it's hardly as bad as some people make it out to be.

I agree.

God Katara sucked in this, such a Mary Sue

this was legitimately terrible and hypocritical
like both sides did cheat but AJ had plot armor