The Breadwinner

What did Sup Forums think about the latest Cartoon Saloon movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WF3Rkt42wPY?list=FL8unq7EAJQXtdkrpgreViCA&t=1904
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just watched it. Excellent.

Is that Afghan Girl?

Yes.

This is Cartoon Saloon's best work. It has their deliberate pacing and cinematic rhythm, but with a strong narrative story that builds into frenzied, dramatic last act, something that's been generally weak in their previous films. It feels complete, and very satisfying.

I wish more films, animated or live action, understood how to build dramatic tension like this movie, rather than throwing special effects and explosions on screen.

something about children being separated from parents or parents losing a child just makes me cry like a bitch

so i cried like a bitch

Just watched this film with the family.

Amazing film.

i cried like a bitch at the ending with the soldier looking up at the moon

>6 posters
>1 Breadwinner thread
>0 references to "delicious brown lolis"
I'm so proud of you, Sup Forums.

Sorry, but I know that Afghan men are more into the boi pucci.

Holy shit, this was a really moving film. It's like Grave of the Fireflies, but with a Middle Eastern crisis. Ending was a bit bleak, but thematically perfect. Of course the implication is that Kabul will be freed over the next coming weeks, but these guys are stranded in the middle of a desert during a hellstorm. We don't really know what's going to happen to any of them. Cried comrades.

Agree with too, thought this was better than Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea. It's such a heart-pounding movie and quite nightmarish, not because its overtly violent, but just because there's this never-ending sense of dread in the atmosphere and characters. That look of horror on the Taliban cunt's face when they say he's going to prove himself a man and they drive into a firefight. Shivers.

>Ending was a bit bleak, but thematically perfect.

I don't know how much credit should go to Cartoon Saloon or the book, but the way the climax wrapped up three different plot threads in the last 10 minutes is breathtaking. That was some great editing work that will unfortunately go unrecognized by the mainstream awards.

>implying i would waste my time on sandnigger trash
get lynched you sjw hillshills. The day of the rope is coming for you faggots

Has it had a UK release yet?
I've been on the look out for months and I haven't seen it advertised anywhere.

its on netflix you inbred

At least it showed sandniggers as the animals that they are

I guess I'll have to be that guy

But how was the whole muslim aspect of the movie?
Is it just another 'Look guys, they're not all terrorists!!!' or did they keep it real?

Is the movie out officially yet?

There were no screenings in my area, so I didn't have a chance to catch it in theaters.

>tfw actually cried

This is the second time I ever cried to a movie. Probably because I'm an Afghanboo and am really involved with their history, cultures and all that.

I feel like they did a great job at showing how it really was and still is. I hate all those American propaganda movies showing Afghans as savages and completely getting them wrong

It shows the truth of how it is in Afghanistan. It clearly says that the Taliban instilled Sharia Law, and that it was seriously detrimental to women and in general to the Afghan population. You have characters using Islam as an excuse to harass and beat other characters.

But it also shows that everyone is a practicing, believing Muslim. Our main characters, every good, bad and neutral character. And despite all the pain and suffering, they continue to look to God in times of trouble and happiness.

The thing that most people don't understand is that Afghans have a rather premodern religious identity. To them religion is in every single aspect of their life, and they don't question it.

This video is really good at explaining this
youtu.be/WF3Rkt42wPY?list=FL8unq7EAJQXtdkrpgreViCA&t=1904

Oh no, I understand how it is in real life, I was just asking if the movie tried to reflect that or if they just went the politically correct route is all
Good to know, guess I'll give it a watch after all

The movie was quite accurate with pretty much everything, surprising for an animated movie desu

As a kid I had to read the book, and when I read it again several years back, I was really unsatisfied with a lot of aspects in the book. I was especially unhappy with the religious bit. At the beginning of the book it said Taliban means religious student, but that's all. There was nothing else about Islam. I found it stupid because as I said before religion is so ingrained in their lives. I'm happy the movie changed that.

do you NEED to be a cunt, or is it just something you enjoy?
honestly curious...

Damm lolicons! How could anyone get off to the idea of removing a loli's clothes and licking her tiny body all over, nibbling her neck and kissing her adorable little nipples? Only a heartless monster would think about her cute girlish mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick cock slick with her saliva, pumping in and out of her mouth until it erupts, the cum more than her little throat can swallow.
The idea of thick viscous semen overflowing, dribbling down her chin over her flat chest, her tiny hands scooping it all up and watching her suck it off her fingertips is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading her smooth slender thighs, cock poised at the entrance to her pure, tight, virginal pussy, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes her lips which are slippery with cum, while her small body shudders from having her cherry taken in one quick stroke.
I am disgusted at how you'd get even more excited as you lean over her, listening to her quickening breath, her girlish moans and gasps while you hasten your strokes, her sweet pants warm and moist on your face and her flat chest, shiny with a sheen of fresh sweat, rising and falling rapidly to meet yours.
It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over her tiny body while you violate her, feeling her nipples hardening against your tongue as you lick her chest, her neck and her armpits, savoring the scent of her skin and sweat while she trembles from the stimulation and as she reaches her climax, hearing her cry out softly as she has her first orgasm while that cock is buried impossibly deep inside her, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot cum spurts forth and floods through her deflowered pussy for the first time, filling her womb only to spill out of her with a sickening squelch. And as you lie atop her flushed body, she sighs breathlessly and her fingers dig into your back as she feels your cock hardening inside her again. You're all sick in the head.

what the fuck man