Unsounded

She'll be fine

Whats with all the lizards?

So luring them away wasn't a diversion but to guarantee credible witnesses to the foul murder of the Queen's sister by lizards out for revenge on Cresce,

so is that a robbit or do all lizards have glowing eyes and I was just never informed about it

Man I guess the best way to get those lizards off our back is to hand the mine over the beadman and let him deal with them.

fuckin brutal.

love it

Probably just cheap light-up pymarics for dramatic effect/intimidation.

Huh, that's interesting. So what you're saying is, Beadman wants this to look like something the Two-Toes did entirely on their own?

Plausible deniability!

Shartshane's new diplomacy technique is unstoppable

This seems way too organised for some random thugs hiring random two-toe miners. Has Delicieu been hanging out with some make-shift two-toe tribe after he became Cutter? Maybe Ulestry isn't just some pipe-dream by Beadman but a deal with Cutter. The two-toes get the excavated mountains as a reservation or homeland, Beadman gets any first materials since they can't pymary them anyway. Ulestrys surface population of hillbillies keeps out Cresce while Sharteshane ensures the political safety of the two-toe "nation"

We know Nary has a part in it. The knife lady is a cousin

Fuckign love that two toe armor

Lol this is Ned Stark naively rocking up at King's Landing assuming that everyone follows the same basic code of conduct that he does.

I guess I’m unsure now

Is the idea that cutter/deli is the actual Delicieu in a lizard body or the two toe that was being experimented on after presumably gaining a soul and taking the identity on?

Nary might have arranged the details of the ambush but I don't think anyone was expecting the two-toes of Sharteshane to be organised enough for tribal warfare complete with warmasks and spears.

Suicide-charging a carriage falling down a cliff that you undermined yourself is more than some human threatening you with a knife. They're either taking vengeance on Cresce or fighting for a future in Ulestry is my guess.

We should see more of Delicieu soon in this chapter, it seems likely he will complain about his past to Anadyne and explain his motivations. A soul in the setting is essentially a bundle of memories connected to the Khert as I understand it. If Prakhuta somehow gained Delicieu's soul then he would have received all of his memories, presumably creating the new persona of Cutter.

What was the point of the spear-wielding two-toes if the road was just going to give way?

You're over thinking it. If sharts can buy legal titles that would mean a successful gang wouldn't be very different than a noble house, complete with household troops. Maybe their standing army would suck but the constant fighting amongst themselves would produce severely competent assassin's. There's no reason to suspect any greater alliance amongst the two-toes and delicious and 'Nary past a disaffected population in need of money and a guy that's willing to pay them.

fucking two-toes

two-toes are an expendable distraction

But a distraction isn't needed once the coach is going along the alternate route. The road collapsing means nobody needs to be stabbed or detained. Gravity could do the killing.

Wright could very well have done something if not distracted

>Gravity could do the killing.
>could
What are you, a bond villain? You have to Rasputin a bitch just to be sure.

>Gravity could do the killing.
If the wrights hadn't gotten throatstabbed before the fall, they could have potentially stopped the fall entirely and launched the carriage to safety.

Gotta cover all your bases when you're trying to kill someone.

We don’t know yet if they want her dead, they could be out to take her alive and randsom her. Not the Queenie seems like the negotiating type, but the people won’t like a compassionless leader.

Makes sense right?

Cresce is about to become an even worse place to be a Two-Toe. Either they flee to Sharteshane and Beadman snatches them up as workers or get killed off, which makes Cresce even more reliant on Sharteshanian goods.

Ulestry is closer to Cresce. I always assumed Beadman was going to move in two-toes from Sharteshane but we have already seen a large amount of two-toes living in poverty when Sette & Duane passed through the country. Maybe the plan was always to get cheap, unused labour directly from Ulestry itself, with any escaping from Cresce as an added bonus.

Two-toes place in society seems quite odd, along with those living in abject poverty, we’ve seen servants, gardeners, pilgrims and even officers of the law. But people pay them no mind because they seem like stupid lizards.

For the time being, Ulestry is too close to Cresce in all senses to be considered safe for Two-Toes if Sonorie moves against them. Now, if the latter's hand in the Silver business comes out, then things might be different.

Even further away, Sharteshane would be a better option.

Whoa! Two-toes that aren't Cutter doing something.

Haven't seen that in, uh, ever?

We've seen them be janitors. And in the Peaceguard. I wonder how Ruffles will react to finding out that two-toes presumably assassinated a royal.

Oh I doubt Sonorie is going to buy any of it. I'm more worried of Crescian mobs, already agitated by Ethelmik blowing up, becoming enraged and lynching two-toes on the streets. Alderode is not only attacking us on flying snakes, they have now tamed the lizards tending our children to stab us in the back. Things could get really ugly if Bell has agitators on the streets riling up the mob, almost a kristallnacht. It would fit perfectly with Bell's message that Sonorie is too weak to keep Alderode outside. And if people can be convinced to take up arms against the Alderode spies amongst them, the idea of taking up arms against the Queen with a snake in her bed becomes a lot more palatable.

I wouldn't count janitorial work and getting a boulder dropped on your head as doing something, but maybe that's just me.

They were Stockyard's spies and informants in the city.

wow for some reason this really isn't how I imagined the map

Cresce really is vulnerable to its eastern allies turning on it

When you really think about it, those two skillsets are pretty much what made Wile E. Coyote a comedy legend.

kill all spiderpaws imo

I think it's a "house nigger" aesthetic. They're on the whole treated as non-people, but privileged two-toes can occupy relatively high positions based purely on the fondness of a given human, or the desire to have a majordomo they don't have to pay.

Agreed. Two-toes should be patted, not lynched.

RIGHT ON TIME!

Beadman wants a mountain full of first materials but home to Two-toes to mine it dry. Nary might have let it slip to some Two-toes that Cresce is currently occupying a holy mountain to the local Two-toe. Long game maybe? Or might be trying to impress Beadman?