AMERICA #12 PREVIEW

THE END IS HERE. Last issue of Sup Forums favorite comics.

>"The Midas War," part two. La Legion is back! And they're setting fire to everything America's fought for. Can she take back the home she's come so far to find? Or is this the end of the Chavez line? America battles for the big stuff - legacy, family, love. Who knows what adventure awaits?

vieja = old woman

Another worked in reference that makes no sense.

RIP in peace, Brujas.

Maybe she is talking about food?

What will all the Latinx'es read once this comic is gone?

Looks like OP got cancelled as well

>Planeta Fuertona
>Like a vieja
As a Latino I feel offended that Gabby Rivera is the one who represents us in Marvel... I wonder if this comic will never be mentioned again like Marville.

It was fun while it lasted but can we move on next week?
We no longer need to talk about this and it can easily be regulated for the annual storytime of pain sessions

It's a preview dumbass

Now now, user, not everyone knows what day of the week it is.

Hopefully a book that teaches them how Spanish works, maybe they'll send Rivera a copy of it too.

Did she just get another fucking power up?

nice art in panel two. almost darwynian

So this La Legion are the haters? So they took this we are legion litteral and mixed it with their saying that its exhausting with other opinions, because these haters wont agree that they were wrong?

La Legion look like a buncha alien cuties.

>And they're setting fire to everything America's fought for.
No, not Sonia Sotomayor State University.

Im crying right now, this book has shaped my childhood and made mw what I am today, cant believe its ending.

Mixed feelings about this. I love the America threads but this shit needs to stop.

I know, I'm literally shaking

>planeta fuertona
>la legion
>like a vieja
halp

I imagining that Spanish speaking people must feel insulted by this.

Say what you will about this comic, we all know it's shit to the point of unintentional comedy, but America is lookin' banging on the cover art.

>childhood
>comic's run has only been a year
Well played user

every issue is as cringy as it gets when she starts with the spanglish

I cant imagine. As a german speaking people i cringe and laugh at the same time i read Nightcrawler talking german in the english comics.
I think it would be easy to make it right, but they dont care that much, thx google translate!

Some older women are sturdy and don't give a fuck about who the push past to get around so "vieja" makes sense, it's just stupid and cheesy to say. There's plenty of shit to rag on but at least be right about it.

It makes a mucho sentido, amigo.

>Faced with difficult situation for once
>FUCK YOU AMIGO I'M MORE INVINCIBLE NOW

I hate you, Gabby.

As a South American i have to search for the term Latinx only to found out that it was created in North America by some wanna be Mexican fags, inspired by Indigenous Mexicans to represent all the Latin speaking countries, holy shit.
Also, most South Americans don't read comics we read manga.

Which country, and does it also follow the cult of Santo Seiya?

indeed!

Uruguay, and yes a lot of people like Saint Seiya but not as much as Dragon Ball.

No, Urufag

What the fuck does "Fuertona" even mean? I just plugged it into Google Translate and it gave me a Finnish word that didn't translate to anything.

While I'm glad Gabby will be out of a job she didn't deserve anyway, I will unironically miss the AMERICA LATINX GOBLINX threads.

I´ll have to ask but Puerto Ricans really say fuertona, and oye?

Im from Mexico and I never heard somebody talk like that.

>not Brujxs

The extent of Riviera's knowledge of spanish and latin/south-american culture begins and ends with google translate.

It means strong woman, but is one of those word that tecnically exist but nobody uses. a native spanish would use "La fuerte, las fuertes or las poderosas"

PRESS S TO SPIT ON GRAVE

S

I know the feeling.
When I learned of the cancellation I had to go tell my transdemidaughter about it. America was xyr greatest role model in life and a true inspiration, a realy positive figure to look up to. I tried to comfort xyr in these difficult time.
But when xyhe asked with teary eyes "does that mean I will be forced to read the adventures of straight white english-speaking body-conforming cisgendered Trump-voting males again? And what will happen to Gabby Riviera?" I could no longer hold it and cried with xyr.
The only thing that stopped me from ending it all and shooting a Trump rallye was xyr's beautiful and stunning words :
"Ay mama no need to worry, the blanco diablo's power has already been undermined by America and the cultural tidal wave she started. There is still no wall and we still haven't been deportado"
That is when I realized that maybe it as I who needed comforting the most, and xyhe who truly had been made stronger by America.
America will always mean so much to us.

>It makes a mucho sentido, amigo.
you are en lo cierto, my user

NOOOOOOO

WE MUST STORYTIME ALL THE ISSUES TO MARK THIS TRAGIC MOMENT IN HISTORY

I don't know how to break it to my local comic book club

The reason people lile Gabby cant write is because they dont know what the struggle really is. To her its problematic, to good writers its the learning tool.

It’s Planeta Fursonx, hater.

Was that a spontaneous post, user? Because if so I’m literally in awe.

Are you trying to say it's a beautiful, brave and stunning post and soon-to-be copypasta?
I can believe that.

>SKORRKK

I'd love to see a parody of America but with Irish-Americans

Siobhan O'Shaughnessy, interdimensional ass kicker from the planet Guinness, she can open portal's between pubs with her trademark portato punch but only if she's drunk

Also peppers in a bunch of shitty gaelic. Not even the actual Irishmen I've worked with cared much for gaelic despite their version of it being legally required to be on all the government signs and so on.

She probably meant like her grandma.

Not problematic enough.
The supervillains are english protestants from planet Blimey-O-Limey who oppress the innocent Guinessians by beating them at rugby.
Siobhan's hero name is Eirelass and her costume has a green topper hat and and four-leaved clover attached to it.
Eirelass tries to infintrate planet Blimey-O-Limey and gets constantly racially profiled by the cyberbobbies who think she is a dangerous terrorist because of her red hair or worse yet, scottish.
Her sidekick is from the Moon of Man and is a three-legged cat with no tail.

Oh, not from Mexico, no. Fuertona's more of a Honduras expression.

Shamrock shaped portals, at that.

Do you think if we all clubbed together we could afford to commission Garth Ennis to write it?

The difference is the writer in that situation isn't pretending to be a proud German man who loves bratwurst with extra mayo, if you get me.

Also the main baddie should look like a caricature of Nigel Farrage.

I love it

Steam Hams but is a America Chavez thread.

it's a word that is technically correct by adding a suffix to the word fuerte, but no one really would use it

fuertona means something of feminine gender that is strong

>Vieja
It means "old woman" but in my country depending on context it may be used as "hag" or "bitch"

Lil doodle in math class. I'm Irish so it's not problematic

That mess of a hand is supposed to be a flaming hot potato punch

I'd like to point out the duel flasks she has on her hips

>three leaves
Shame.
Otherwise, looks quite nice
I'd unironically read her adventures trying to remove the militarized Limey enclave of Niron on planet Guiness and probably enjoy it too

Jesus Christ, was this volume even edited?

>oh no aliens
>oh no I need a powerup
>oh I got a powerup for no reason
>oh I solved my problem
>oh now I suddenly understand everything
>oh let's go somewhere else now

what the hell

Saved for future generations

That's a shamrock. Far more Irish than a four leaf clover

oops

Mmmm, what a tasty looking lass.

WHAT!? America has mastered ultra instinct already, how is this possible?!

I was on the bus when i read of it's cancellation i literally started crying and shaking, suddenly a CIS white male came to me and asked me "Hey man, are you ok?" I've never felt so attacked in my life, the threat level is real.

S

Okay, we've got 6 days to cover 11 issues of this cancer, So I'm going to start a story time thread and post two issues every day.

There ought to be a cross over between America and Eirelass called "Spics and Mcs."

S

Wow. Racist much Gab? Maybe you shouldn't generalize over the refugee crisis like the refugees are a horde of faceless bugs.

I hope she died at the end of this.

That’s a typo; it’s supposed to say “fursona”.

Now, one to sed it to Gabby to see if she'll post it on her twitter or include it as the "fanmail" they stopped having after a couple issues of America because nobody read it let alone sent fanmail.

Saying it from mi huerta, Xnxn.

Good lord. So fucking glad this gimmick book was cancelled. Its worse than America as far as I'm concerned.

I want to squirt lotion all over Gwen's thighs.

>Well, Sup Forums, I made it, despite your directions.
>Ah, /lgbt/, welcome! I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable storytime!
>Eh.

S

Oh yeah. America just needs another power -up. She's had none of those in her short existence.

Mind telling why?

>Planeta Fuertona
That literally means Planet Stronk in spanish

>xyr

Shitlord, thats transdeminormative. The new pronoun is zürlum.

>zürlum
In my imaginary and TOTALLY REAL WORLD that is an insult, so please refrain from using that word, you shitlord scumbag.

Excuse me byt thats XYR chosen pronouns so you better respect it and hope you don't live in Canada or it's off to court for human rights violation.
As if a straight white male like you had ANY authority to tell a trans person what pronouns they prefer. SHAME!

Fucking kek.

>Ye gads, the storytime is ruined!
>Hmm, but what if i started posting America and tried to pass it off as a quality gay comic
>Ho ho ho, delightfully bruja mi gente

LOOK AT HIS FEET-pfffffffft
>fly into someone...while standing...
>even the artist had no fuckin clue what Gabby was describing in the script

Why is there cis coming out of xyr thread Sup Forums?

Fuertona is not a real Spanish word and it pisses me off.
Fortona is already a slang/corruption of forte, one that genders the world so it has a female gender noun and is used to describe "really strong female chicks" as in the physical strength most of the time;

Also it's Portuguese, not Spanish.
It's seldom used in Brazilian-Portuguese because it's slang/colorful wording.

This is like naming a planet "Hueg" or "Fuck Strong" or even "Strongasshit" except without the humor, but about as memetic/colorful.

Wait so they WERE standing on the ground in front of that crystal shit? They went 2 WHOLE PAGES without the fucking ground?

>Source for all Fuertonas

So what the fuck is going on, here?
Did Gabe research this Brazilian-Portuguese for "strong lady" and threw an "u" to make it sound Spanish? Did she misremembered and decided to put an "u"? Does the origin of the word "Fuertona" exists beyond Brazilian-Portuguese?
A google research gives me a shit ton of America Chavez wiki entries and a glue advertisement for a Chilean based glue that advertises it as "Fuertona" and #FuerTona as in "Get out Tona", a twitter hashtag against a politician called "Tona".