Punk girls

Sup Forums always talks about goth girls, but why no love for punks?

Even disco divas get more love.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZyaK3jo4Sl4
youtube.com/watch?v=bx6f68Wd9dc
youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1pf0Xi3nU
youtube.com/watch?v=PSi4CDANuUY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Compared to goths, punk is incredibly easy to fuck up.

Also paging Judgeanon for a Motormouth image dump.

>punk is incredibly easy to fuck up
In what way? The only danger is if you stray too far into scene/alt, but the aesthetics are different in term of their tone.

Personality-wise goth is more forgiving while aesthetic-wise you risk missing punk and getting that weird early 90s aesthetic before grunge got big.

>a punk rock chick with sound powers

Meh, rather a waifu who likes heavy metal.

Come on user, let's not fight over musical-taste waifus.

Unless we start making tans, in which case our battles shall be long and merciless.

Best symbiote.

Music-tans you say?

What about mod-girls.

Best Girl

I get Vapowave, what are the other two?

Synth wave if obvious to me, idk about the other

Synthwave and Future Funk.

Future funk
Synthwave

>pupilless Rio bishoujo

I have a boner expressing gratitude without the capacity for it that some processes are always automatic.

The artist is extremely good at developing excellent aesthetics, and I don't mean that in the whole vapourwave meme.

Hey, what can you do? There's no way to control it, it's completely automatic,

>punk is incredibly easy to fuck up.
It's a fine line between punk and Chloe Price-esque bitchiness.

Definitely an ass and hips connoisseur with even the one in a dress having it split high up the thigh, but having the other two right next to each other makes the high-waisted bottom look overused. SW should have cutoff black denim jeans in that picture, but she'd be fine on her own.

Definitely goth.

Idk, for some reason gives me more 80s metal vibes than punk rock.

>that weird early 90s aesthetic before grunge got big.
Uh, grunge got big in the early 90s... Like Smell Like Teens Spirit is 1991.

>Robbie Thompson brings Flash back to Earth so that he can help Andi with her Hell-Mark problem
>Mike Costa immediately has Flash lose the Venom symbiote to Lee, who loses it to Eddie a few months later but takes the Mania symbiote from Andi several months after that
>Andi apparently got the Hell-Mark under control off-page and doesn't care that her symbiote is now stuck to Lee
>Flash is quick to accept this and decides to stay in New York

I've made my peace with Eddie being Venom again (although it still bugs me that he went from hating symbiotes for over ten years to being obsessed with getting Venom back in the blink of an eye), but I will always hate everything that Lee was involved in, and I hope that Donny Cates kills him off in the future.

Grunge was basically just 90's American Punk.

Well they're supposed to each be on their own, but they're just together in this pic for ease of posting.

>Alice in Chains
>Soundgarden
>Pearl Jam
>Tad
>Punk

>(although it still bugs me that he went from hating symbiotes for over ten years to being obsessed with getting Venom back in the blink of an eye)

Comic writing. Once he tasted a symbiote again when Toxin was forced upon him, he didn't look back. You can't tell me an experienced symbiote host like Brock couldn't have gotten rid of Toxin, but he kept it.

Maybe in the case of Nirvana, but overall grunge to me was sort of a return to 70s garage rock, a clear rejection of 80s metal aesthetics, and a punk rock "attitude" more than any link to punk musically, aside from Nirvana that is who was kind of the reverse...more a punk band with hard rock influences.

Really Grunge is stupid to me cause it was more an ideology and fashion statement than an actual genre, I don't think any of the prominent grunge bands sounded too much alike, but you certainly wouldn't get the squeeling metalic guitar solos of a band like Alice in Chains in any punk band, nor would you the Robert Plant esque high pitched screams of Soundgarden.....punk was anti all that shit, and I think Nirvana was the only one of the big "grunge" bands who was too musically.

Meanwhile, you did have actual punk scenes in the early 90s....it's just that it was largely awful and lead to the overly pop "pop punk" that dominated the late 90s/00s, but hey old school AFI was cool.

Andi is my wife.

Thread theme:
youtu.be/ZyaK3jo4Sl4

I want to imagine that Judge is at his job and suddenly is overcome with a massive urge to post forgotten British comic characters and has no idea why.

>Really Grunge is stupid to me cause it was more an ideology and fashion statement than an actual genre, I don't think any of the prominent grunge bands sounded too much alike
As near as I could tell at the time "grunge" meant "band from Seattle, Wa" where "alternative" meant "band from Athens, Ga."

>largely awful and lead to the overly pop "pop punk" that dominated the late 90s/00s
That's just the record industry being the record industry. Metal got some popularity and suddenly you had shit like Warrent and Poison all over MTV. Shit wasn't even Hair Metal. It's was fucking Poodle Rock.

Same thing happened with country where you go from Johnny Cash to Shania Twain to ... whatever they gave the Grammy to this year.

So you have The Ramones doing their thing and having people talk about how great they are ( while almost no one actually buys their records ) on the one hand; and you have Metallica selling out ( literally all getting haircuts and putting on fucking wife-beaters for an album while doing a pro-mo gig with Budwiser ) and having everyone bitch about how shit they are ( while they rake in more money than God ).

It's a nasty combination of American obsession with wealth and fame combined with media consolidation making everything on the airwaves generically mediocre crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

I mean: I can recall someone telling me "metal was deader than disco" maybe 10 years ago and pointing out to them that while Lalapalooza had long since shit the bed Ozzfest was the most lucrative tour of the year ( sure they had stuff like Korn, but they also had fucking Cradle of Filth on a second stage ).

Thread reminds me of the best channel-tan.

Grunge is just American Britpop (or is Britpop British Grudge?).

Future Funk best girl

Yeah I agree with most of your sentiments, and it is hilarious when people outside of the metal world assume it's dead just because it no longer makes mainstream headlines, it pretty much got a second breath of life in the 2000s after "nu metal" made it popular again on the late 90s, pop punk couldn't really do the same for actual punk since punk is too obsessed with not being part of the system. However....
> and suddenly you had shit like Warrent and Poison all over MTV. Shit wasn't even Hair Metal. It's was fucking Poodle Rock.

youtube.com/watch?v=bx6f68Wd9dc
This song rules

>80's floof and leotards
Someday they'll make a comeback.

Yeah... someday...

Noodle is a bit punk

Too bad mods are an extinct specie at this point.

Reading Blue Monday in high school turned me onto The Cramps.

Britpop was basically a bunch of British guys being mad that British girls were listening to American bands, hence the overblown accents and the total lack of any female Britpop acts.

Does Dazzler count? They keep redesigning her to become more punk and less disco like she originally was.

Looks like Rockers got the last laugh, huh?

That one-shot is apparently ditched to make way for a mini, or nothing for a Fresh Start.

Disco is dead.

>punks
What traits do you find best in them?

I'm want to introduce a character in my webcomic that's similar to Karen-O, Siouxie Sioux, Chrissie Hynde, and Kim Deal in appearance and personality.

They couldn't survive on half-empty vespa fuel-tanks and without The Jam, there was no motivation to refuel and go on rideouts.

She was a punk in Ultimate.

Most of those aren't really punk.

But my particular like for their appearance is the (for lack of a better word) almost tribal and animalistic nature of the look. What with the markins (tattoos) and spines (spikey hair).

Disco isn't dead, it's just called EDM now.

I’d tell you to fuck off except you’re right.

>What traits do you find best in them?
I like a proper shaved-head-spikes-mohawk but I don't think there's a single comic book female character I can think of with that. The most familiar female mohawk is the one Storm has sometimes, which is more like those centurion helmet brushes. I'm not even sure I really like how they look, I just like the kind of commitment they symbolize.

> I just like the kind of commitment they symbolize
Same with totally inappropriate tattoos.

Spikey Mohawks look horrible on girls. Punk girls are hot but not for that.

I'm sorry to hear about your terrible taste.

What about a punk girl that goes through a magical girl/sentai-esque transformation that makes her look normal and pretty?

Tank Girl, motherfucker. Who has a notable lack of appearances in this thread.

Sort of. The hair doesn't really do the kind of super gelled up spikes I was thinking of, though she's got the right cut for it. Not too big on the setting, though. I should still give it a proper read someday.

Does June from Kablam! count as ska?

Ska was a class genre.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1pf0Xi3nU

Except Britpop had good musicians.

I've got hopes for this series. The writer says there are going to be more ghost punks showing up, so fingers crossed that one of them is cute.

There's Cafe Racer which has elements of Mods vs. Rockers.

Grunge had better singers, Britpop had better instruments.

> that smug catsmile.

Mohawk Storm best Storm.

More like the Hippies blew them both out of the water.

Who you tell'n?

I've only been to one punk show, but I had a lot of fun. It was a co-workers band, we worked at a used bookstore together.
I feel like I got the quintessential punk experience too. It was a dark, dingy bar (over 100 years old but that's irrelevant.) People standing outside puffing like smokestacks, music so loud my ears were ringing the next day, and the band I was actually there to see was the last one on stage. They staggered onto the stage completely shitfaced, every single one.

PICKITUP! HUP!HUP!HUP!

You should. Sup Forums doesn't get any more punk than TG.

Actually that would be punks.
Hippies weren't that big a thing in Britbongistan.

I'm honestly surprised Sup Forums hasn't already made a whole encyclopedia of subgenre-tans.
progressive-dreamfunk-tan a shit, post-avant-jazzcore-tan a best

Judge user hates motormouth.

Curse my specific weakness for girls on vespas.

FLCL had quite a unique effect on you, huh?

Drinking in the streets
Beating up their bfs when they say something shitty
Morbid humor

yeah

If it's ghosts of actual punk musicians, then fat chance unless they put in ghosts of musicians still alive and the ghost of 90s Yasuko Onuki shows up

Surprised DC's never made an attempt to (properly) bring back Anima. That comic was like 15 years ahead of its time in terms of all the LGBT shit and whatnot. I mean it's not a particularly great comic itself but even still. Plus short haired, big tittied punk girl.

Because punk is so fucking dead, it's horribly sad.

There was LGBT stuff in that? I read Shade, the Changing Man earlier this year and was shocked at all of the LGBT stuff open in that (for the late 1980s-1990s)

The current push to tell everyone that LGBT were horribly treated at all time and only now are we starting to see advances is mostly a lie made up by activist groups to make themselves look better.
there were gay-only and lesbian-only clubs in Europe in the 20s for fuck's sake. The idea that only since the mid 2000s have LGBT folks been somewhat accepted is the second biggest lie the usual suspects are telling us after "women never had power until feminism

Anima is a massive old shame for DC given how badly she was rejected by fans.

And the few that they did garner for her, shitted all over DC for the goody-goody revamp they gave her in the issue where Prometheus murdered her.

Sauce?

Well Anima was a chick and the Animus was a male spirit but I don't think there was any tranny stuff. But one of the main characters was an open lesbian in love with Courtney who seemed confused (in the "I don't even know if I can think about romantic relationships right now" sense) about how she felt. It's weird in that it feels a lot like a book that should've been part of the Vertigo line given how little it interacts with the rest of the DCU but isn't because of its origins as part of the Bloodlines crossover.

Don't mind if I do!

Back when Rev War was going on, my personal Motormouth theme was:
youtube.com/watch?v=PSi4CDANuUY

>This could be our final dance
>This could be our very last chance
>Just the sound of your voice
>Wherever I may be changes everything
>And then the world's all right with me

You're a good man, Judge user.

Five years work gang for jimping.

I get to work? Oh joy!

Anyway, since there isn't really a lot of Motormouth fanart (I wonder why), how about a different kind of imagedump?
OneTwoThreeFOUR