Tarantulas was the best

Tarantulas was the best.

Eh, i wish they made more characters instead of making these dumb techno fusion toys instead. The original tarantulas toy was awesome

Meh, I have and enjoy both but I always considered the Transmetal version to be superior. And in any case, the wave of figures before Transmetals was full of new characters and so were the Fuzors which came out at the same time, and of course the Transmetal 2 line was also mostly new characters, pretty much only Transmetals focused entirely on established characters from the show which I think is kind of a shame cause it's by far my favorite aesthetic of the BW toys

that's a weird way to spell Depthcharge

MP Tarantulas when???

I loved that toy. It was high there with Optimus transmetal and a Ram which name I forgot, but the design and color were fucking beautiful.

The transmetal line was gorgeous, and some Fuzors were cool, like that iguana/dragonfly hybrid.

I want to go back :'(

Ah yeah, Ramulus, he was cool

I don't think it'd be too far away, Dinobot is coming out around the middle of this year. Honestly i hope they do an MP of transmetal Tarantulus, he was that form for most of the show and it's probably his iconic look.

My absolute fave, was always my 'tagonist when I acted out my own Beast Wars. Against his hated FOE Cybershark!

I liked how they gave him machine guns via his beast mod legs in his spider legs then later with his transmetal body's shoulder pads.

Ignoring the limitations of the CGI at the time:

Should the entire cast have gotten to go Transmetal in season 2?

Airrazor should've lived yes.

That said I like Rhinox staying in his original body the whole time.

I like that specifically singled out Airazor.

We are brothers now

I preferred Inferno. There's something endearing about a fanatically loyal subordinate that can still be a threat after getting hit by comedy fodder status.

Best Boi coming through.

This guy's arc was the best of the series. Honor to the end.

The logic of the clone going "full Dinobot" when Rampage died made no sense to me.

He was created from an empty, dead protoform with Rampage's spark in it with some Dinobot "DNA".

Cloning Dinobot earlier in the series didn't result in the clone having Dinobot's personality, so why in this case?

I guess it was a neat scene, and probably gave Dinobot fans a bit of glee, but it just seemed like nonsense to me

>Forgetting about the bat drone
Sinful...

I agree, but loved it anyway.

Here's a note from the Wiki:

>It was not entirely spelt out during "Nemesis" why Dinobot II was regaining Dinobot's memories. The 2010 Transformers Hall of Fame profile for Dinobot would state that it was Dinobot's spirit. There was also an unproduced episode of Beast Wars, "Dark Glass", where Rattrap would have discovered and downloaded a back-up of Dinobot's memories into Dinobot II; while the script never made it past a first draft, "Bad Spark" had Dinobot backing himself up onto the Axalon. (This, however, would not have given Dinobot II memories from Code Of Hero)

You know, on this board I've pretty much only seen people hate on the Beast Wars IDW comics (which is ironic to me considering the ones they actually like) but regardless I liked them a lot for giving life to all the characters who never got a spot in the show

He needs a new toy.

Finally something not stupid said by Boco

CG models are expensive?

exhibit a: tigatron

It's funny because I actually liked Tigatrons model and character a lot more then Cheetos in the first season.

Holy shit that photo made me laugh for no good reason.

>tfw you had tripredacus
The only thing I disliked about him was the head sculpt in the combined form was kinda meh.

Other than that, all 3 figures were really fun/solid. I liked the crayfish/lobster a lot. The arms were kinda weird too.

I also had scorponok and he was LOADS of fun. Loved him too.

I can already imagine a kid at the time hoping that a toy only character would get in the show

I remember hoping that as a kid.

NHAAAAAAAAKEKEKEKEKEKKEKKEKEKKEKEKEKKEKEK

too bad that IDW screwed with him

It's a shame the spider legs (and almost all the arthropod-morph toys) had only the single point of articulation. I was always disappointed by that as a kid.

nah IDW Tarantulas was just as good.

>I also had scorponok and he was LOADS of fun. Loved him too.

It's actually criminal how badly Mainframe dropped the ball with Scorponok.

Scorpions are like the coolest arachnid, and Scorponok was one of the coolest toys in the line, on top of being in the highest price bracket (Megas were the most expensive, IIRC)

You would think they would have done a better job selling him as an awesome character, rather than give him no character at all

Step aside you fucking losers, make way for the real king of invertebrates.

Odds of the new Transformers films starting off with Beast Wars?
I think they'd want to distance themselves from Bayformers as much as possible

Never happen.

They'd either have to set it in the past again, in which case it will just be an animated film

And if they set it in the present, what? The Maximals scan zoo animals and hide in the zoo until the Predacons show up? Not to mention the assblasted bitching about "humans in muh Beast Wars"

Although, I will say, with that set up, the human companions, in all likelihood, would probbaly be animal care takers and zookeepers. That MIGHT make an interesting dynamic.

Gods, I wish; a Beast Wars revival is what we really need and deserve after years of shitty G1 remakes.

You know, the original toyline fluff actually had the Beast Wars taking place in the present era. Waspinator and Terrorsaur were even badass fighters in it.

>the original toyline fluff actually had the Beast Wars taking place in the present era

Well, I'll level with you, I never owned any of the toys, I just watched the cartoon, so I have no idea about MOST of the fluff.

>Gods, I wish; a Beast Wars revival is what we really need and deserve after years of shitty G1 remakes.

But wouldn't that run the risk of a shitty Beast Wars remake?

Reminder

In my country, the toys came first and then the cartoon, so I always found the differences interesting.

For example, in the toyline:
>Optimus Primal was initially released with a Bat beast form.
>Megatron, by comparison, was an Alligator.
>Tarantulas was a cannibalistic ninja warrior with a taste for human prey, reputed to devour entire towns.
>Terrorsaur was a fearsome berserker warrior.
>Waspinator was a powerful and deadly warrior.

Let's face it; so long as they insist on trying to do it in live-action, with or without CGI, Transformers films will be kind of stupid anyway. At least we can hope that the loss of Bay will remove the stupider jokes.

...The fuck?

Primal concept art for The Last Knight
They probably would've forced a Harambe joke

>Honor to the end.
> Honor

Never say the "H" word again!!

He great but I don't like how they handled his death. In fact, I really disliked how they handled every Predacon's death in BW.

>giant gorilla

Yeah, I guess if you wanted to just do "King vs Godzilla: Robot Edition" with Primal and Megatron

But personally, even if it was set on modern Earth, I'd want the Maximals to look like REAL animals, to the proper scale, for "robots in disguise" purposes.

I wouldn't expect the Predacons to play by the same rules, since they were all mostly dinosaurs and insects, so who cares if they look robotic in beast mode and are out of scale?

That said, if they made a live action beast wars, what would your ideal robot cast look like on both sides?

For me, I'd go
>Primal
>Rhinox
>Cheetor
>Silverbolt (Magnaboss edition)
>Long Rack (just for a laugh)

>Megatron
>Tarantulus or Blackarachnia
>Ravage
>Tantrum for some G1 wank
>Sky-Byte

>In fact, I really disliked how they handled every Predacon's death in BW.

Rampage's was good.

I get what you mean about Tarantulas, but even if it wasn't great, it was at least appropriate.

But fuck the deaths of Scorponok, Terrorsaur, Inferno and Quickstrike. They were all just blatant "woop, gotta get these guys out of the plot asap!"

>Has a fuckton of modes.
>Simply cannot die.
There was no competition in the first place

>has three modes, par for the course with Transmetals
>does die

well...shit

I wanted this big ornery fucker in the show. Maximals needed a grouchy military man after Dinobot bit it and I can't think of a better alternate mode than whale/elephant.

He goes out like a madman though and takes his killer down with him.

Inferno was my favorite aesthetically, but his character was too simple for my tastes.
He had some really bitchin one liners
"Fool! Pain is my friend, allow me to introduce you to it!"

I liked it just fine. You couldn't really grow attached to any of the characters like you did with the ones from the show, since they were just trying to squeeze as many of the unused toys into the story as they could. Even so, definitely a fun read.

He wanted to die, user. He let Depthcharge kill him and laughed with sweet relief.

Best fucking toy. No contest.
I always kept him in tank mode when I wasn't playing with him.

Let me show you something naughty.

Once Inferno came along, he did Scorponok's job as constant ass-kisser much more entertainingly and so Scorp was killed off for being redundant and boring.

He was best used as a Unicron-worshipping abomination against Primus in BW Neo.

They gave him a character.

They made him a fucking retard.
The only time they made him even do anything competent was when he accidentally turned optimus primal into a roid raging retard.

Holy shit I wanted that toy so bad. He's fucking kickass.

>on top of being in the highest price bracket (Megas were the most expensive, IIRC)
Nope, Mega was $15, Ultra was $20, and had the two leaders. Scorponok was the wave 1 Mega toy, Inferno was the wave 2 one, and like said, Inferno was WAY more entertaining and endearing than Scorponok. And even Inferno was written to die in every season finale, they just always walked it back by the next season because of how much the BW writers loved him.

He varied from "dumb in the mob goon sorta way" to "so dumb he speaks in the third person", to, as you said, "actually a mad scientist who can engineer viruses and shit".
They clearly had no idea what the fuck to do with him.

I'm working on a Beast Wars in my continuity. I'm not reusing Primal or Megatron since in my continuity my Prime and Megatron are very much like their Beast Wars selves so instead for the leaders of the Beast Wars. They're going to be the inverse.

Maximals:

Big Convoy/Mammoth Primal (no non-sense one man army forced to work with a team of idiots, he doesn't really like)

Rhinox (pretty much the same as he was in BW, the only one who Big/Mammoth actually likes in the group)

Rattrap (more or less the same but a bit more focus on his past, being an ex-criminal and his relations to Arcee)

Cheetor (I imagine he'd be a much younger version of Cheetor, a total fanboy, modest and kind of adorable...so kinda like Deku from My Hero Academia)

Airrazor (young female protagonist, kind of a snarky trickster and of course adorable)

Claw Jaw (personality based on Scuba, so a Fraiser like snobbish intellectual)

Blackarachnia (she's a Maximal in this continuity but she's not really that heroic, she's basically like a female Prowl, she's manipulative, cunning and always has an agenda and a past with Tarantulas)

It's weird how even though he engineered that virus that affected him with venom through his beast form (if I recall correctly) he was still stupid as shit.

But yeah, they tended to make him kinda dopey unless they felt they needed something new from the story because, "Hey we never do anything with this character why not make an ep about him?"

He's at least an interesting study in how characters can drift without a clear direction.

Terrorsaur was a clear archetype, he's The Starscream, they pushed him hard early on, he was just soooo fucking boring that death was a mercy to the audience.

Terrorsaur was the least interesting Starscream on a team of Starscreams - Blackarachnia and Tarantulas do the underhanded treachery thing way better, just like how Inferno did the undying loyalty thing way better than Scorponok.

Elphaorpha is a different character who predates IDW. Torca himself was also in IDW's BW comics.

Predacons:

Gigatron (based on RID2001 Megatron, he's basically an arrogant wannabe conqueror and warlord, immature and simply put like a bad kids anime villain....complete inverse of Megatron whose a charismatic cunning bastard)

Sky-Byte (gotta have this loveable ineffectual sympathetic poetic shark. He's desperate to please everyone but needs to learn to get some self-confidence)

Waspinator (still the unlucky Universe hates Waspinator but he's not as sympathetic, he's more arrogant and psychotic in this version like in Animated but minus the tragic framing and mutation.)

Tarantulas (still the evil cackling mad scientist from BW, he and Blackarachnia go way back and he's yandere for her)

Spittor (disgusting frog man, crude, obnoxious and a total pervert, kind of like the Predacon counterpart to Rattrap)

Archadis (the flamboyant, foppish and goofy snobby aristocrat, kind of like James from Pokemon.)

Scatterspike (Based on the RID2015 character except turns into a porcupine instead of a porucpine like robot who turns into a truck, a loud rough and tumble butch fembot, is tsundere for Spittor who she beats up constantly)

...I explicitly namechecked Beast Wars Neo, dude. What makes you thnk I'm not familiar with his origins? Fucking reading comprehension.

Dude was a sneaky fucked. Very cool designs and extra great with the Agenda and all the time shinangins.

But you didn't have to respond on hard mode, go with the best.

wew I had no idea what was really going on the first time i watched this

Good shit

Because it's not Torca. It's a different character, you imbecile.

Wait, his crotch is the Spider's head?

>Modern Humans
Oh dear that'd be Reboot Guardian Code levels of anger

>Dinobot and Megatron will have feathers in their beast modes

For me, it was Iguanus. Not sure why, he was just a basic little flipformer, but I always liked him and wished he was in the show. I think because there were no non dinosaur reptillian bots.

I…I apologize. I merely felt our power should be conserved for…the larger battle.

Hey boco i got submurader prime master a few days ago and found ripper snapper today

How?!? Where do you live?

>The feel when you ask dad for Tigerhawk and Dragon Megatron for Christmas everyday and get Dinobot and Cheetor instead.

Needless to say the skele-dinobot and Saber Cheetor went on amazing adventures.

Cheetor's Transmetal toy was great.

>fold out rocket boosters

im not giving my location out, but i found ripper snapper in two walmarts. The first one i bought on the spot but there were no others from that wave or any others of him, and the next walmart also only had one ripper snapper and that was it. And i got submurader from ebay

>TFW i jerked off to this when i was 14
I..i was having problems back then

Oh, ebay. That makes sense. I've seen Hun-Grr, but none of the other Terrorcons yet.

goddamnit, ive been looking everywhere for hun grrr, he is one of the few vintage transformers i got when i was a kid, even though i grew up with more the 2000s figures. What store did you see him at?

Heads up, Robot Chicken's doing a Beast Wars sketch with David Kaye as Megatron

Oh please yes

Die you filthy feather faggot

Wal Mart. Didn't even have wave 2 of the deluxes yet, and the store never had Wave 1, but I just walked in one day and theres Hun-Grr and Elita 1. Long gone by now.

thats a shame, thanks for the tip anyways, im going to be looking for him and the other dinobots tomorrow.

yes I know it's go-bots.

Forgot the damn image.

>Still have my original beast wars toys I got after falling in love with the show in the 90s
>Predacons: Transmetal Megatron, Dragon Megatron, Quickstrike, Rampage, Inferno, Transmetal Waspinator, Transmetal Tarantulus, Transmetal 2 Dinobot, Transmetal Inferno, Transmetal Terrorsaur, Tripredacus
>Maximals: Transmetal Optimus, Optimal Optimus, Transmetal Raptrap, Transmetal 2 Cheetor, Transmetal 2 Black Arachnia, Silverbolt, Transmetal Rhinox, Depth Charge, Tigerhawk, Transmetal Air Razor, Magnaboss, Dinobot, BBoom, Ramulus
>Still have them in a plastic crate all these years later
>Toys are legitimately over 20 years old by this point
>Most of them were already falling apart and held together by scotch tape

Sad boys, They have too many memories for me to throw them away. But these toys were made like crap, played with loads, and have just fallen to pieces. Especially the Predacons

I never could get the tank mode to work

Anyway it really says something that Megatron still couldn't win even though he had an immortal nuclear cannon for 2 seasons

I used to pretend the lobster was Scorpinok from the show, because I lacked an actual scorpinok toy

The actual reason was it was too expensive to keep animating all these characters (why the cast was always so small in BW as opposed to the other transformers shows) so at the end of season 1 they had to get rid of 2 on each side. They quasi-banished Air Razor and Tigertron while planned to kill off Scorpinok and Waspinator .Scorpinok had been made redundant by Inferno, who was far more popular with both the writing staff and fans. Waspinator meanwhile was considered a one-off gag character but was so popular with fans they killed off Terrorsaur at the last minute. Originally, Terrorsaur was going to be the "Double Agent" working with the Tri-Predacus council that Tarantulus turned out to be.