X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX Test-Screening

There's also been a test-screening for X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX recently, with generally positive reviews. It's said to be better than X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and on par with X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, although not as good as X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST. The movie is "very serious and emotional", with rare moments of levity, and Simon Kinberg allegedly did a good job with the action scenes.

It's also confirmed that the movie features the Skrulls, as mentioned in the recent leaks.

The leaks.

>In 1991, the X-Men – Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver, Beast and Mystique – have become national heroes for saving the world from Apocalypse. Professor Charles Xavier has became arrogant and is pushing the X-Men too hard despite Mystique’s objections. Meanwhile, Magneto has been trying to atone for his past crimes by building a safe haven for mutants in the island of Genosha.

>During a mission to rescue the crew of a malfunctioning space shuttle, Jean is exposed to solar flares that awaken the Phoenix, a powerful entity that exists within her. The Skrull Queen (Jessica Chastain), ruler of a group of shapeshifting aliens who have infiltrate Earth in order to conquer it, begins manipulating Jean by masquerading as Agent Smith, a government operative assigned as the X-Men's handler.

>After losing control of her powers and accidentally killing one of the X-Men, Jean flees to Genosha. Magneto attempts to shelter her, but the X-Men, the Skrulls and the government soon intervene, and the strain causes Jean to develop a malevolent split personality, the Dark Phoenix, who is hellbent on unleashing chaos upon the world, and the X-Men are the only ones able to stop her.

>Cyclops and Jean have a burgeoning relationship, and he is determined to save her, rising as the leader of the X-Men once even Xavier believes Jean's crimes might be too great for her to stay alive.

Jean kills Beast.

>kills beast

Good

>Skrulls
>not Shi'ar
How do you fuck up one of the X-Men's most famous stories twice?

>test-screening with generally positive reviews
I have never heard of a test-screening that hasn't had generally positive reviews.

>aliens are too out-there for general audiences. Let's take them out.
>but now the movie is half empty
>AND we can't use the Hellfire Club again
>I guess let's just add some other comic story to the movie then. Maybe something that would spite Marvel Studios again.
>I heard Captain Marvel will have Skrulls in it. How about Secret Invasion?
>Brilliant.
And as if that wasn't already stupid enough they then got bought by Disney.

>Movie has been in development longer than Cap Marvel
>Some how Fox is copying Marvel
I bet you also think Quicksilver was added to DoFP to spite the mouse even though it was already out by the time AoU was filming

Sansa such a bad actor, it's gonna be cringe inducing. These flicks terrible. Disney should have this shelved then cast Chastain as adult Jean.

>It's said to be better than X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and on par with X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, although not as good as X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Jokes on them, I think First Class is an far better film than Days of Future Past.

Snyder's Justice League cut was "unwatchable"

But First Class was better than Days of Future Past.

Why was Kelsey Grammer in DOFP then?

>It's said to be better than X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and on par with X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
not a difficult feat
>not as good as X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
dropped

So was Wonder Woman, apparently.

wonder woman

Think about the universe you're asking about.

they did several reshots

>The leaks.
>>Skrulls
>>not Shi'ar

>Alexandra Shipp Proclaims X-Men: Dark Phoenix Will be Faithful to Comics – We are Skeptical

>…as a fan of X-Men, you are going to be very happy – because I’m a huge fan of X-Men and so is our director, Simon [Kinberg], who’s also writing and executive producing it. He is not letting anything go. It’s very accurate to the comics and he really gives the fans what they’ve been asking for, in my opinion. All I can say is that you’re really going to like it.

Lmao

Why they are so eaguer to rush into Phoenix so fast after the recast? Did they learn nothing from X-men III?

>so fast

It’s been 7 years since First Class

>It’s been 7 years since First Class
Fuuuccckkkk where does the time go?

But the recast with the new Jean came in Apocalypse, this is the second movie with new Jean and we are into Phoenix

>Mystique’s objections

Why does Mystique always have to be the moral compass of these movies. No one gives a shit about JLaw anymore.

Sophie Turner like Jean was a mistake. She is very passive and Jean is a character with lot passion.

Probably changed just for spite once they heard about Captain Marvel

Fant4stic.

The only book I've read with Shi'ar is Grant Morrison when do they originally show up and are they a cool concept?

>although not as good as X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.
Not as good as an ok movie...

I'm still so fucking mad they picked that bitch
JUST

Fuck hollywood

DAYS OF FUTURE PAST is considered one of the best cape movies by the public, though.

X-fags on the internet isn't the public. I've met no one who cares about the film beyond the Quicksilver sequence.

>when do they originally show up

In motherfucking Dark Pheonix Saga nigga, probably the most famous Marvel story.

And those leaks are 100% fake, Skrulls are going to be in Captain Marvel coming out a couple months after this, Fox doesn't even have the rights to use them.

That's legitimately what happened, though. Marvel had cast QS way in advance, DofP didn't cast their QS until afterwards. The original script had Wolverine tracking down a young Juggernaut instead.

I mean, you can't prove intent, but this is the second time they've introduced something with dual ownership after Marvel's already announced plans for it.

You're group of 5 friends doesn't represent the public's opinion. DOFP was the most successful X-Men movie in the box office and was nominated for an oscar for best special effects. It was a popular movie whether you like it or not.

>on par with X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, although not as good as X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.
How is it possible when First Class is better than DOFP ?

Lies.

3 time lines
Original time line (Bad future)
New time line (DoFP ending) leads to Logan
Ongoing time line, which is all new adventures

Sounds kino.

Nobody cares about it nowadays. Also, since when popular and good are the same thing?

>by the public
The public loved Transformers and Jurassic World.

I doubt there will ever be a scene like magneto at the white house again.

All of which happened in the year it came out. It was swiftly forgotten in the following. If it was as well loved as you claim, it'd have helped Apocalypse box office opening, yet it had the lowest opening since First Class.

This poster looks so embarrassing, like it was made on deviantart or something

Same here, actually.

Anyone else feel like this is a horrible way to end the FOX X-Men? A story we've already seen before, and ending on such a low point?

>New time line (DoFP ending) leads to Logan

This cant be true either. If there's been no new mutants since 2004 in 2023 there's clearly teenagers, meaning born in 2006-2010.

Really, every x-men movie has almost no strict canon to another. There's honestly like 5 timelines.

Yes they do. They have the SUPER ones thou.

>First Class
>Good
When will this meme end?

>Mystique

DROPPED

Its passable like all the MCU movies, and people are eating those up, so never.

>Thinks a good movie is a meme.
Kek.

When Sup Forums stop acting like DoFP is better than FC?

checked

anything would be better then apoc
>first class worse then dofp
there both good but no

Witnessed.

>better than X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
>on par with X-MEN: FIRST CLASS
>not as good as X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Apocalypse is better than Days.
First Class was shit.
This comparison doesn't make sense.
Also

First Class was average even by Capeflicks standards. DOFP was the same... maybe even good if JLaw mystique was not a major role.

Honestly all my problems with the new timeline movies boils down to the simple fact that Jlaw mystique is God Awful, bring back Rebecca.

This 100%

First Class is literally just the MCU version of X-Men. Absolutely fucked tone, out of place quips, paper thin plot, wasted potential, comic accurate but terrible looking costumes, great actors all wasted, terrible liberties taken with the characters, etc.

The MCU is tolerable but X2, DoFP and Logan shit all over it so an MCU style X-Men film should not be praised.

>accurate to the comics
>jean gets killed by a random sentry gun on the moon

X1 and The Wolverine were good too

>Jean is a character with lot passion
She's dull and lifeless. Turner has that part at least

The Shi'ar have a great lore, much better than the ahitty Skrulls. The imperial guard are really cool, gladiator can be very interesting when used well. And Cyclopses dad is a space pirate trying to keep the Shi'ar partly stable. They are cool

>no shi'ar

Place your bets, what will the X-men movie after this be?

My bet is on either Legion Quest or House of M

As an Emmafan i hate how they butchered her and the Hellfire club. Even The Gifted has so far done it better.

First Class is perfectly mediocre.

everyone thinks that Apocalypse and Future Past were awful movies

Both Fox and Marvel can use the Skrulls, but only Fox can use the Super-Skrull.

Apocalypse had no Wolverine.

>The movie is "very serious and emotional", with rare moments of levity, and Simon Kinberg allegedly did a good job with the action scenes.

With "levity" they are probably talking about MCU-style quips and characters doing high-fives.

I really don't see the point of this movie anymore since it's going to be rebooted anyway. If it was a nice send off for the FOX X-Men, then yeah I'd be all for it. But this seems like doing Empire Strikes Back, and then never following up on it.

they don't shit all over the MCU as they say though. I agree they're watchable movies, but they're pretty much just passable and ok.

For it's time X-men 1 did change the game. Imagine an x-men movie made in the 80's or early 90's. Itd likely have been like the he-man movie or the power rangers movie.

They'll hate you, Jesus. Because you speak the truth.

>since it's going to be rebooted anyway.

We don't know that.

Well if the Disney deal goes through and if they want to play around with The X-Men, you bet your ass they'll start fresh

>don't see the point of this movie anymore since it's going to be rebooted

Truly the cancer that is killing big budget filmmaking

no it wasn't

>It's said to be better than X-MEN: APOCALYPSE and on par with X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, although not as good as X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Who the fuck thinks DoFP was better than First Class?

WHERE'S DAZZLER

Most people.

Minor character. Basically a cameo.

>Apocalypse is better than Days.
I believe this post deserves a well-earned (you)!
You tried, at least

I am very happy!!

This is the last FOX X-Men movie

>Mystique is the moral guide of the X men

This is still a little bizarre for me. It's like having Gottlieb teach people about the merits of doing things by the book; sure you'd give a hand to the guy for trying, but you're not entirely sure what he did to earn that position.

Not even. The producers are fox are scrambling to make a couple more before the rights revert. They're looking into new mutants 2, x-force, deadpool 3, kitty pride solo, multiple man solo. They could crank out all this shit in the next two years to get their last pay days. Till the deal is done the x-men are now in the worst hands. People who are panicking to make money off of them before they all get fired.

So much fucking this. Tho I believe FC is a bit above MCU movies

People with taste

Except Deadpool, Xforce, New mutants and Dark Phoenix sequel.

>kill Beast who appears in Wolverine's Timeline completely fine
Why cant she kill Mystique? Why can't she just kill fuckin Jlaw?

Now let's see Paul Allen's dubs

>Mystique

God just fuck off already

more like fan3stic

Sup Forums wanted red heads and now you got em.