DC's Twitter revealed the finished connecting covers of Brian Michael Bendis' Man of Steel miniseries...

DC's Twitter revealed the finished connecting covers of Brian Michael Bendis' Man of Steel miniseries, albeit in a shitty resolution.

Cover credits:
>Pencils: Ivan Reis
>Inks: Joe Prado
>Colors: Alex Sinclair (Newsarama BTFO)

Oh dear so Space Hitler destroyed Space Jews?

>trunks come back
>bendis is writing
WAS IT WORTH IT TRUNKSFAGS WAS IT FUCKING WORTH IT!!!!!!!!

Why can't Bendis just read some comics? Why do they insist on hiring people that never loved the medium in the first place?

Has he EVER acknowledged any story not written by him?

>no Jon

Supersonsfags are going to REEEEEE over this so fucking hard

>an alien warlord destroyed Krypton

Didn't we all ready do this with Earth One?

This is showing the past though and retconning parts of his origin.

I heard Bendis chose to bring the trunks back.

Didio said that Bendis is doing something to Superman in Man of Steel that have never done before.
"Someone destroying Krypton" happened already

What’s the state of Kandor at the moment? Could this warlord kidnap the bottle causing Superman to scream about “letting my people go!” When are we finding out that Rao is actually the god of Hebrew legend? Let’s see if bendis can please our Jewish overlords.

So did toothy albino axe guy blow up Krypton now?

The big question here is why they would want to retell his origin. 2 years after Rebirth just seems like such a poor time to waste 6 issues on it. No one currently reading DC wants to read this right now. It just reeks of Bendis wanting to say he wrote a Superman origin book.

Not only did it happen in Earth One but it happened in the Pre Crisis universe with pic related Black Zero destroying Krypton.

It's not about hating everything written by someone else because of the medium. It's about propping his own work up on a pedestal because he is a genius and everyone else is mediocre, untalented shit.

Doesn't every other title for the last several decades go out of their way to show off how the Kryptonians were just fucking millennia beyond everyone else in technology? How is some Axe guy going to come in and do anything when they have self replicating crystal ships that take over planets by only sending one at it?

>Brian Michael Bendis' Man of Steel miniseries

So he's being allowed to write Superman's origin story now?

Does this mean Frank Miller's Superman Year One is no longer happening?

Nope.

>Bendis is doing something to Superman in Man of Steel that have never done before
Black Kryptonite unleashes Rapping Superman

Bendis got have is OCs, trying to put them in movies, why do you think this "fantastic" writer was doing Spider-Nig and Jessica Jones instead of of big names.

>Has he EVER acknowledged any story not written by him?

Yes. Disassembled. All the shitty John Byrne issues of WCA that dealt with Wanda. Civil War Confessions references Doomquest. Secret Invasion references Byrne's FF and Giffen's Annihilation. Dark Avengers references from Ellis's Thunderbolts. The Illuminati Mini references the Infinity Gauntlet. Dark Reign references the Namor mini published during Avengers Initiative.

>Frank Miller's Superman Year One:
"I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A LONER, LARA, MY SUPERSCIENCE ISN'T ENOUGH"
"I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A LONER, LANA"
"I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A LONER, PERRY"
"BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING ACE REPORTER, SMALLVILLE"
"GEE FUCKING WHIZ SUPERMAN, THANKS FOR THE FUCKING NERD WATCH"
?THIS FORTRESS IS COLD I WISH I WERE BACK IN METROPOLIS, MY FEET HURT"
"I WILL FUCK YOU UP OR MY NAME'S NOT LEX LUTHOR"
"WHO ARE YOU CALLING A BOY SCOUT, YOU BAT EARED FURRY"
"BIBBO LIEK PUDDING"

IN 2019, SUPERMAN AS ONLY FRANK MILLER CAN DO HIM

It means it's going to be ignored if it does get published.

All of this looks the same except Lois having black hair when doomsday killed supes

Howard Chaykin's Shazam:
OY MY SHPILKES BILLY YOU HAVE TO SAY MY NAME
"Shazzum." "Jazam." "Jism."
NO GOD DAMN IT THIS ISN'T A GAME KID

"The wisdom of Achilles tells me you're not wearing underwear, Mary."
"of…Achilles."

"So wait, if I touch any girl when I say my magic word she becomes legal?"

"OF COURSE I'M A JEWISH TALKING TIGER"

2019: the year of דיזשמ!

It was always going to be an out of continuity series.

pretty sure that's not true

Proof? It was a revival of Miller's MoS pitch from 86, and DC was never going to allow Miller or any other writers, except for Morrison, a free reign on an in continuity Superman comic.

>trunks are back

Based as fuck

>Does this mean Frank Miller's Superman Year One is no longer happening?

The man announced it at a panel and JRJR made noises about how great it would be to work with Miller again.

At no time did DC ever announce the book.

>DC was never going to allow Miller or any other writers, except for Morrison, a free reign on an in continuity Superman comic
The same year they gave John Byrne exactly that, literally the only time in DC's history they were dense enough to give a writer editorial fiat. Also, it's "free rein."

He was given old books to read and has tighter editorial..

Can Frank even hold a pen any more? Masterrace span 2 years to crank out 9 issues. DC fucking changed logo halfway into the book.

I'm talking about now, and about his year one book that he announced. It was never going to be in continuity when Miller announced it.

>At no time did DC ever announce the book

That's not true. They even released a promotional image for it.

Superfags are so dead now.

>Trunks
Absolutely disgusting. Jesus, just let them die.

no, JRJR released a deliberate silhouette violating no copyrights that ended up in interviews.

>supergirl

at least he's not doing the stupid "last survivor of krypton" shit byrne pulled

Karas legs. Hnggg.
Probably why supergirl and supersons are axed, less canon errors when bendis writing.

This.

They had shills in threads vehemently demanding people stop calling it a reboot when the original announcement was made.

They've rebooted the face of cape comics twice in ten years, this time for no reason other than some fat bald piece of shit who hates comics, and they wonder why normies and casuals have no interest in buying the comics at their Funko/MTG store.

Normies don't read anymore. Most men today are dumb brutes.

>t. Never read a frank Miller book

Can we retcon out that other retcon where Ma and Pa Kent get killed via a car crash? That would be nice

why, nothing is wrong with that

That'd be less to do with him and more to do with WB/DC since the Supergirl TV show is still popular and they see her as a marketable character.

Had the Supergirl movie in the 80's been well-received and spawned middling-to-successful sequels, I don't believe she would've been killed off in COIE by Wolfman or erased by Byrne.

Haha BTFO

>Giffen's Annihilation
First off, it's DnA's Annihilation. Second off, Bendis has never read any of DnA's Modern Cosmic work so any references in there were put in by editorial, not Bendis.

>new Superman antagonist
>It's another big bald screaming guy to add to the several we already have.
>Since Bendis is writing him, it means it'll have the character depth of a saucer of shit.

Can DC editorial save Superman before it's too late?

that'd be kino

>it's a DnAfag

Black Zero didn't destroy Krypton, he was just hired to destroy it. The planet was going to blow up regardless, so he just left it alone and took credit for it.

I will never understand why in the fuck writers keep bringing up Krypton and it's destruction.

Can't it just have been that it fucking blew up? In the grand scheme of the Superman story, it doesn't matter.

lol these covers are barely connecting