ITT Sup Forums approved literature

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1UmHfWCw-4
mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

philosophy isn't literature.

pol can't read

That or "Notes from Underground"

Lucretius, Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, (as you pointed out), Machiavelli (all of it -- and it's not satire), Spinoza, Thomas Paine, J.S. Mill

If you want plays -- Henry V, Macbeth, Hamlet (to understand beta cucks), A Man for All Seasons

Kill yourself.

Euthyphro
Apology
The Wealth of Nations
Rights of Man
On Liberty
Animal Farm

Mandatory

in the spirit of stoicism and philosophy

outdated philosophy

Give me more books like pic related.

Thucydides

youtube.com/watch?v=X1UmHfWCw-4

Margaret Atwood - MaddAddam Trilogy

Aldous Huxley - Brave New World

I actually bought this book a while ago, I should start reading it today.

What is so good about Meditations?

Someone posted this yesterday. Library full of Sup Forums books:

mega.nz/#F!B4dB2SzQ!h_pMC30v2a_y31iD0dy0sg

Stoicism

its overrated, the enchiridion is better

Warning: do not read if you are stupid or aren't conversant in philosophy

The best book

I haven't read it (yet), but Aurelius was supposedly super stoic, so that's what I assume is the appeal of the work

looking forward to reading the Incerto cycle

>Magical sky man will give you heaven so you just spread your cheeks and let Schlomo dick you because your reward is in the next life

Most blue pilled novel on Earth

>Stiff Sphincter - Black Slut

>Stiff Sphincter
Is this the next evolution of the 'ass' meme?

I know, I read it
But what is so good about his kind of stoicism, he sometime sounded like an emo to me

Um Guys?
The lest we forget
(((((((((((((((((((((((((THE BOOK)))))))))))))))))))))))

there's an infusion of anti-agency deference to power (authoritarianism) in general aurelius's conception of stoicism that is out of place and makes his stoicism inconsistent -- epictetus's manual on stoicism is much more cogent.

hmm

I am not sure, I'll have to read it. Haven't been much of a reader but reading Thucydides for school is changing my mind

I never got that meme. I've seen how feminists shriek at a mere mention of this guy... but Sup Forums?

Conversant implying being familiar with which philosophies I'm sure you don't need them all

pffff Taleb is just an idiot pointing out the obvious. 6/10 just bc of marketing

>Caesar Borja was improsined by Fernando The Catholic

I guess being the Prince wasn't so good after all.

If you're interested in how what was once the greatest country on this planet sunk to how it is today.

Brave New World is excellent

It's amazing how relevant it still is considering it was written in the early 30s

there are only 3 to 5 "philosophies", with endless variations.

>98833720
Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler

>I never got that meme.
Me neither. I think it's strictly an /s4s/ thing.

>Challenge accepted

3 to 5 so which is it also answer the actual question I had if you don't mind

Read "Introduction aux Méditations de Marc Aurèle" by Pierre Hadot to get a deep appreciation.

He was just exceptionally unlucky, while making all sound choices. If his father would have lived 5 to 10 years more, this board would be in Italian.

based.

also daily reminder to deadlift and eat squidink!

This one is a must read, it's short but top tier quality.
It is basically describing the human need for drugs, psychedelics and alcohol to escape from themselves and find higher purpose and also how beautiful art, design, symbols and creation in our life can inspire hallucinations and love for something.
It's somewhat related to You guys who have memed the shit out the Don into the white house with meme magic and kek guidance.

Current read, highly recommend

it depends on the taxonomical choices you make. For example, would you consider Mysticism a philosophy or not? Nietszche can be put in the Materialism basket or not?
It depends. That's why it's not a science.
About Evola, I've never read him yet, but according to what I've read about him he blended together the late Nietszche and Mysticism. So I can't really answer.

Brave New World is a more accurate depiction of culture but I think 1984's psychology (same with animal farm) is timeless, e.g., doublethink, thoughtcrime, two minutes hate, the ministries which serve the opposite function of their name.

The Secrets of the Federal Reserve - Eustace Mullins

Dunno... Caesar is very controversial even to this day. But you gotta admit all people who were refer as The Prince for Maquiavelli ended up not so good.

Caesar Borja.
King of Portugal is called the Prince and he only got defetead by guess who again? Fernando the Catholic.

Hitler's War - David Irving

Stirner is our man.

Candide By Voltair

Even being the part satire that brave new world is, it takes a giant dystopian shit on 1984. I think it's criminal how 1984 is more known in popular culture, I guess the more simple book is easier for retards to grasp.

>the communist manifesto

Don't bother unless you want to feel your brain cells committing suicide.

It's exactly what you think it is.

Discipline and Punish - Michel Foucault

Thus Spoke Zarathustra - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hayek - Road to Serfdom

I'll gladly admit that there is something as "too redpilled for your own good"

BTW Machiavelli was writing for Italians about Italy when that was nothing more than a geographical expression. There's much to learn from there of course, as Machiavelli basically summarized in his amazing mind all Roman History for the purpose of creating a thing called Italy.

philosophy is useless

Is Aurelius a good stoic to start with?

The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer

On the Jews and their lies - Martin Luther

very good it broadened my horizons and enhanced my cognitive power

I also thought that when I was 10

does he really write this stuff or does he contract a phantom writer to write it for him?

Edward Bernays - Propaganda

This is the guy who invented modern propaganda and in order to sell it, he named it Public Relations, the shit that is forced onto us from the (((MSM))) 24/7

Involving genetics, race, development of human societies. A must.

You convinced me... I'm going to read The Prince (again).

I'm watching the TV series I Medici so I'm on the mood for Italian culture right now.

Closing of the American Mind
Allan Bloom

Just bought it. Can't wait to start reading it.

The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich Von Hayek.

I'm glad, it's always worth it. I hear terrible things about I Medici, btw, still didn't watchd and don't know if i ever will, but I really really loved The Borgias, the one with Jeremy Irons.

Foucault might be an uber leftist, still that book was quite good imho

Found the mongoloid

how can the anti emo philosophy sound emo.
its about gaining control over your thoughts and emotions, gaining mental fortitude.
read stoicism introdu¢tory books instead since u arent getting the message from this one.

1984 is easier to accept/rail against. The government is trying to enslave/watch all of us. The general theory that it's someone else who is going to cause me so much trouble.

Brave New World is less liked because it turns the mirror around on the reader and basically says, listen, bub, you're gonna do it to yourself.

Subconsciously, Brave New World makes the reader more uncomfortable than 1984.

I know what the fuck stoicism is, I try to be as stoic as possible in my every day life. It's just that this books does not strike me as the very best of stoicism
I said emo because he was almost always talking about death

That's my favorite TV series actually.

I like I Medici, sure is not historical accurate and they don't even speak Italians but still, better than most history tv series now a days. At least Cosme isn't potrayed by a black dude

"The Foundation for Exploration"

www.thefoundationpress.com

Here's the breakdown of the more popular Stoics.

Epictetus: More into the principles, less personable with a much heavier logic base. Great examples/metaphors though.

Marcus Aurelius: Heavy into certain principles and how they affect our relationships with other people, learning how to deal with trashy people, taking the moment for what it is, and focusing solely on being a virtuous dude without any of the fluff. He liked writing about death, so have fun with that too.

Seneca: This guy is hilarious. He's an old dude with health problems writing about how much he sucks at being a Stoic. Really personable, definitely charming in how he's frank with his mistakes as he's telling Lucilius about his progress as a Stoic. He says some "crazy" things, but they're all in line with what the Stoics would agree with. Definitely a treat to read.

NLT is a thought - by - thought translation

Just no.

KJV version best version.