Give me one good reason why smoking, guns, and violence shouldn't be present in animation for children...

Give me one good reason why smoking, guns, and violence shouldn't be present in animation for children. Let's see how many soccer moms we've really got here.

Because parents are too lazy to watch their kids and tell them not to emulate the things they see on the electrical babysitter box.

I agree that it should. More school shooters = less Americans. Everyone wins.

Because we don't need cartoons becoming ads for big tobacco.

I'm guessing you believe that violent video games make people violent as well.

Is it okay if my idea is in a historical setting where drugs are a really big thing? Like weed and cocaine wouldn't be inaccurate but I keep it to smoking.

>electrical babysitter box.
>Implying it isn't now the electrical toy-unboxing notebook
Get with the times boomer

Because without traditional animation it wouldn't have the same aesthetic.
And thus it would suck.

Electrical babysitter box can mean either one. My made up terms are common knowledge.

I don't but I sure hope it does.

No but that doesn't mean I want my 8 year old playing GTA.

Probably not a good idea, no.

Then why on earth would you believe that cartoons would do that?

No problem with any of that. I mean as long as it's not a show literally aimed at like preschoolers; that might be too much.

I can see the logic of groups not wanting a hero/main character constantly smoking and making it look cool, but I don't know where you'd draw the line on that type of thing. Like even if you don't have that, it shouldn't necessarily mean "no smoking at all."

Violence to a degree - obviously you can't go over the top gory or you're just gonna scare the shit out of your audience. However, smoking and guns definitely should be there. Why? There are consequences to hiding real-world things from kids that you think are dangerous for them: they're gonna find out about them eventually, and they're gonna wanna see what that shit's all about because NOBODY EVER FUCKING WELL TOLD THEM. And hell, you want to send your messages that guns and smoking are bad? Simple: Guns hurt people. Guns kill people. Guns take away the people some character loves. Smoking is something the bad guy does. It makes the good guy sick to have to smell the smoke. I could go on.

These are common things that need to be presented and explored in a safe environment like a movie or a TV show so that kids don't find out the hard way on their own.

they could turn into school shooters! think of the children!

because if adults can't handle modern cartoons, what makes you think children can handle sex, smoking and violence?

>Sup Forums insists at every turn that this or that cartoon made them into degenerate fetishists
>still insists that cartoons don't influence kids (because they as adults want uncensored cartoons)
I'm all for freedom in entertainment but you lads need to make up your mind, were you a filthy footfag to begin with or do cartoons have influence? You can't have it both ways.

I didn't say anything about sex, but whatever. The film I posted obviously has suggestive jokes and characters.

I'd rather not have the protagonists or "good guys" smoke, villains doing it is perfectly okay though. Regarding guns and violence, I think that what matters is how it is presented and handled; I think that the important thing with this is that attacking the innocent and uninvolved should be depicted as unacceptable behavior that is severely punished.

>made by nickelodeon
>one of the good guys is an alcoholic

I was a footfag before I watched cartoons. I still stand by that the fetishes I developed after watching cartoons were there all along, underlying, until the cartoon showed them to me. Had I not gotten them from a cartoon I'd probably would have gotten them later in life somewhere else.

Trump agrees that it causes violence. You libtards are losing on this one. Daddy has spoken

Good on you for taking responsibility for your own thoughts. I watched plenty of cartoons that "should" have turned me into a furfag, but I'm not one.

As a leftist I sincerely hope you're falseflagging.