Why doesn't DC get Japanese manga artists and writers to create some of their stories...

Why doesn't DC get Japanese manga artists and writers to create some of their stories? Or why not make a Japanese JL like they are doing with China but with all the characters made by japanese people? It would help get Japan into DC and give readers more things to read.

Other urls found in this thread:

medaka.5ch.net/cartoon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DC's library gets a japanese printing like everything else.

Being a mangaka means you can make more money (at the expense of your social life).
Also there's already a Justice League manga and a Sen is finally working on a DC title for DCZoom.
So is Gurihiru for the Superman vs KKK graphic novel

But they are. Did you miss the entire Batman Ninja thing

Why would they care that much about getting a Japanese audience?

Because Akira Yoshida's going after one with Marvel

Yeah but Batman doesn't count since DC does fucking everything with Batman.

Because money

Batman & The Justice League is currently being made

Yeah but that's it's own separate universe not apart of DC. Well, unless DC decides to expand on it and make it apart of their multiverse. That would be fun if every character got their own series.

>Sen is finally working on a DC title for DCZoom

This is good to know.

So Gurihiru is some sort of Manga artist? I knew Yang was doing the KKK/Superman GN, I hadn't really paid attention to the artist.

Did those Marvel manga books sell well? I mean, did they translate them in Japan and they sold well there AND here?

This. It's a global audience and manga is as popular around the planet as it is here. It's what younger readers are reading, so if you care about comics and care about the health of the industry (and I don't mean LCSs, I mean, the industry as a whole), you want to encourage new readers.

They'd be paid a fraction of what they make in manga.

1 because the japanese market is not actually that large
2 because when Marvel tried it back in the days, it failed miserably
3 because when Marvel tried to have some locally produced anime tie-in to their movies, it also failed miserably
Japanese comics and animation are already waaaaay overproducing, it's hopeless to even try and enter the market.

Asians are the wooooooooooooooooorst

Honestly they should just try to crossover with popular shine jump stuff, MHA meets the DCU

Why would they allow something like MHA to leech off their popularity?

is there a reason why it wasn't released in america yet?

dead jason

Because is better than the movies.

old man gordon

It's going to be published in Italy in April(maybe, the publisher isn't exactly trustworthy with dates)

Wow, portuguese is almost identical to spanish

he looks like roger from the big o

Why are you faggots so obsessed with fucking Japan

I swear to God weebs are as toxic as bronies but we have have to punish the horses more for some reason

>BUT MUH ANIMU WEBSITE1!!!!1ONE!!
Don't expect you all to get why separation of subjects exists because Sup Forums has been Sup Forums's colony for years now

mustache-less alfred sucks

Has Professor Zoom showed up yet?
If so is he literally Dio?

hnnnnnnng best boy with some kind of new 52 suit

>he thinks Chinese people read JL China
It was made for the American market.

Cape comics export like shit, the floppy model isn't viable internationally.

he looks so badass and cute

based Lex

That looks oddly fitting.

ang Brazilian Portugese is basically Genovese spoken by a Venetian

in the end of the volume there are some color illustrations, here rebirth batman by teshirogi

kinda funny, never saw a pose like this in any american comic ever.

man, manga supes looks cute as fuck, he would be a perfect husbando.

her Diana looks nice too, kinda sad that she wouldn't be Supes love interest in this continuity...

bearded arthur is the way to go ever.

kinda wondering what suit are they going to use... there are different ones already.

It would be hard as balls to pull off and not really worth the effort. Although there was the Batmanga.

Why not? There is an interest for DC stuff in Japan even if it's small. I mean they translated part of Hitman into Japanese because Dogwelder became a popular meme.

Also reverse weeabos do exist, 5channel (formerly 2channel) has their own version of Sup Forums and it's interesting seeing how they talk about the same shit that we do minus the political autistic derailments. It was nice seeing them argue about Superman's trunks, talking about their favorite writers and artist (which I included a screenshot that was ran through a shitty translator), Rebirth, and other things. They do talk about some weird shit sometimes but that's normal.

The one thing they talk about that Sup Forums doesn't is the fact that some of the anons there want to read more comics that are translated into Japanese since some of them don't grasp English that well. An user was asking for DC comics writers that have work that is easy to read in English since they had trouble understanding a monologue from Batman: Year One and mentioned that Frank Miller's and Alan Moore's in general were confusing for him since his English wasn't that good.

A lot of Japanese anons were suggesting Geoff Johns' work, another user mentioned Tom King, even Ennis' name came out.

This one they're talking about Gotham Academy with some other stuff on the side

If you know moonspeak and want to see their board
>medaka.5ch.net/cartoon/

Yeah Clark has a boyish shounen hero look

man, imagine if they tried to read something like Crossed - Wish you were here... I am not american and for fucks sake, that was hard, all those accents are hard as fuck.