In Memoriam: A Tribute Story Time to America 2017

We are gathered here today in morning for the passing of our beloved AMERICA.

Nearly a year ago now, our community was introduced to perhaps the most important comic of all time. America, was the story of a queer, brown, latinx super hero by the name of America Chavez. She was a no nonsense butt kickers, with a temper that could scorch your eyebrows off, but her heart was pure gold.

For a year, we traveled with her, sharing in her adventures, along the way, she taught us more about ourselves. The time we have spend with her will never be forgotten.

Now, before the release of the final issue, We will celebrate the life and times of America Chavez. Please, remember that this is a solemn moment, so please refrain from making a mockery of this super cereal moment.

Now sit back and enjoy, here is AMERICA.

Other urls found in this thread:

bookriot.com/2018/02/21/america-chavez-gabby-rivera/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We begin the story, appropriately, with some of our favorite comic book heroes describing who America is to them. I'm sure we can all relate very much to these profound and wonderful statements, the one that speaks most to me is the one on the bottom left. I have no idea who that wonderful person could be, but he seems to be immensely insightful.

Bless you OP

this is a difficult time for all of us

America to the rescue! Who among us will ever forget this striking pose? What strength, what knowledge of anatomy! A brilliant introduction for the titular heroine.

Hey, i know the bait, but this shit is hilarious anyway.

A brief history of America's past exploits, culminating in a wonderful spanish phrase that I'm sure will bring tears to the eyes of our friends from south of the boarder wall.

>but her heart was pure gold.

Please O Prophet!
Post pages of our TRUE HERO showcasing this heart of gold you speak off!

>Nearly a year ago
It feels like only yesterday since that magical storytime.

>Posting images during a storytime

Can we, like, not

Just stop.

why not a good comic?

THE ULTIMATES are on a mission to save the planet of Maltixa from a mysterious being that seems to be throwing off captain marvels particle detector. Obviously such a dangerous entity would be causing a great deal of damage to the planet its attacking, and America heroically saves a young girl who will play a massive role in future issues of this comic.

"FEEL THE POWER OF MY BROWN FIST"

A warcant of the amazoness

Poor America, she's got no lesbian moms. Such a depressing thought, who could blame her for forgetting about the monster attacking the planet.

What are you, fucking racists?

he's hispanic too

But America's out of her funk the instant she hears about this vile PURE WHITE ENERGY that hurt her fellow wymyn of color. Fortunately America's got plans to fist the shit out of that skinny white alien bitch with that good melanin.

But white is the presence of all colors. The absence of all colors is black.

The day is saved! America meets with the young girl who she saved earlier, Imani. The two become fast friends, and America promises to follow her on BeamChat, a solemn oath that she would never break!

America once again proves herself to be the greatest hero. Truly an inspiration to the masses of queer latinxes all over the globe

What are you, a fucking sexist?

I'm going to save us some time here: Yes in light white is the combination of ALL colors; not an absence of color.
Yes when mixing pigments this is not the case. However she is white energy not a white piece of paper waiting for color to be added.

Most importantly it's fucking stupid no matter what.

Whoa amigx I'm going to have to ask you to leave your transphobia at home. Just because they front as male and use male pronouns doesn't mean that they aren't in the closet with their womanhood/any of the many other genders, or even genderfluid.

Mission over, the Ultimates head back home, making sure to set up defenses around Maltixa to guard against white aliens looking to colonize that wonderful planet. However, the only thing on America's mind is that tasty tuna salad she going to be eating when she gets home.

How much longer till the weekend storytime of pain?
I worry if I can handle reading this twice.

2 edgy 4 me

The tuna salad happens to go by the name Lisa. America's steadfast girlfriend, they've been together a long time and have one of the strongest relationships in the entire marvel universe! I'm overcome with tear os joy, this is such a progressive page that will no doubt inspire and encourage lesbians for aeons to come.

Shit, I've been out virtued!

I can't wait for that part. You know which one.

If you're just going to complain about /ourlatinix/, get out of our local comic book club

This should have been done right before the issue comes out.

Alas, even the greatest mountain must yield to the forces of nature, and the strongest relationship too must yield to the forces of...well I can't think of anything specifically but you know what I mean.

Now, there might be those who don't think that this makes any since. They might argue that, since America is quite literally able to go wherever she wants int he multiverse that a long distance relationship should be something she's uniquely capable of handling. These people, however, would be wrong. Why? Because gabby said so, shut up you bigots!

America's going to college y'all! She's done being a hero for now, and wants to get herself a useful degree.

With her heterosexual life partner Hawkeye (no not THAT Hawkeye) to see her off, America takes the next big step in her personal journey of self discovery.

I intent to post two issues every day till the 28th when it's released.

Obviously I've already bought the comic or I wouldn't be even clicking on this thread, but is it just me or does anyone else here feel guilty for all of the countless times they crack open their America comics for not paying each and every time they want to experience the artistry and inspiration that you can only find in America.
If only we had done more to show support maybe America would still be around, and maybe the united states of america wouldn't be in the state it's in now.

The only way I'm able to get past these feelings of guilt is by remembering that every time I read this beautiful work of art that I learn a little bit more and become a little bit better of a person, and hopefully that will help me bring about a more positive, understanding, loving, and safer world free from hate.

fuck off you disgusting bigot i hope you die in a fire after watching all that you love slowly pass leaving you to die alone in painful misery

this is pretty cute desu

>Not buying multiple copies of each issue and sharing them with your friends and neighbors

You're the reason she's cancelled user :(

Ah Sotomayor U. An inter-dimensional school that's tailored to those seeking an education in the most important field known, Radical Women and Intergalactic Indigenous Peoples. It is literally the ONLY thing they offer.

You are wrong! They also teach dancing,

...she's blackwashing Sotomayor.

Not having America anymore hurts so bad, mi gente. But it's been an amazing ride. I'll cherish every moment we spent together.

OH SHIT, ITS THE LEELUMULTIPASS PHI THETA BETAS!!! The bossest ass bitches at Sotomayor, and no doubt the future of all humanity!

>straight cis male lead
>who drives a muscle car, the ultimate expression of phallocentricity
Stop staining our beautiful America thread with your patriarchal garbage.

>Hawkeye (no not THAT Hawkeye)
You think people thought you were talking about Clint? Come on man, people only talk about the REAL Hawkeye.

Does Gabby have a crush on Sotomayor? So random.

Intergalactic Revolutionaries and You. Who wouldn.t want to take this class? Sure you run the risk of getting KILLED...but thats a small price to pay for education...that an thousands in debt.

>prepping to be Senators, engineers and biologists
That's actually terrifying.

She's gay and brown.

Literally all it takes.

Prodigy is here to save the day! What's a depowered mutant doing here?

Do you say a prayer and send condolences every time you flush the toilet, too? I know as an Marvel America fan, there's a good chance you're a fecal-philiac, but MOST of us are glad when our shit is gone.

>Legit trying to force America as anything but a piece of trash to retards, especially here on Sup Forums where it can bite us in the ass plenty of times.

HOLY MENSTRUATION!!!

Image posters screwed up this thread. GG OP. Pack it up.

sigh, it ended. Watching a story time of pain unfolding in real time has been lots of fun.

No one is saying it's good but the threads were fungo away

Thanks for the comments OP. You have been very insightful and are a pillar to our community

Nah, you GO away from our culture you
Oh, I admit the threads can be fun, but there is a reason why current Sup Forums is plagued with shitposting, and that's because we allowed it to overflow it with fakers who only use panels from runs that have been cancelled/blatantly ignored to start shit in other places. retard.

Oh no, I forgot autistic people can't understand sarcasm, quick, we have to stop this before the rest of Sup Forums ends up hating Sup Forums! That would be terrible!

A good superhero is defined by their personality and not just their powers, America is the most insufferable character Ive seen in comics in memory, if she had no powers she would be just some obnoxious mouth piece with no powers to beat up people who dont want to listen to her, and it has nothing to do with her being gay or non white, she is insufferable to read dialogue from.
>literally me
Her dialogue just sucks out all investment in a scene because its so bad, shes just a charisma black hole.

With a new assignment, America and Prodigy set out to use Prodigy's time machine to find an ancient revolutionary! America can't wait for some nerd SCIENCE though, she's gotta charge forward bravely into the unknown!

We end this first issue with some of Gabby's literary genius. Clearly this could only have been written by the unique paragon who gave us Juliet Takes a Breath.

I'll be story timing the second issue in a little while, so take this time to reflect on what you have read so far. Till next time, Oiste!

Oh wait, what's this! Is it not the end just yet! America's in the middle of a World War 2 battle field!

You know what World War 2 means don't you Sup Forums? It means HITLER! Time to punch some Nazis!

Till next time Mi Gente!

What are we going to do, Ameribros? This is literally the only Marvel comic that's been regularly storytimed and it's ending!

There used to be a time when I wondered what it was like to experience a truly groundbreaking piece of art. A true masterpiece that will be remembered for centuries. Did the Romans realize we'd be admiring David so far into the future? Did Da Vinci know the Mona Lisa would remain one of the most important paintings of all time? Did Shakespeare understand the impact his works would have?

I used to ask myself these questions, but no longer. They knew.

>There was no brainwashing and it was actually this event that caused Captain America to join Hydra.

you are so dumb man
we even got a response from gabby

Is mi gente how you'd even say it?

:(

The C.O. thing or something else?

op, only good things get tributes. You imply something's good by giving it a tribute
sjw marvel is the opposite of good. Stop it, get some help

I’m so #blessed to relive the experience with mis amigxs.

I genuinely enjoyed the ride with all of you schmucks

America subtly foreshadowing Secret Empire. Damn if this isn't genius, in a way. Gabby Rivera is very talented.

I remember when someone leaked the summary of this book the day before it came out, and people oAmerica just punched Cap and that turned him into Hitler.

Same. I think it's because we're all on the same page with America, it united us. And we had fun tearing it apart together, joking together, trying to figure out what the hell was going on, and coming up with all these theories. These threads are so comfy.

>only good things get tributes

These threads were good things user

I actually really like the superficial aspects of America. She looks cool, and I like the idea of a modern hyper-patriotic character. It's a bit of a shame that she will forever be a joke.

We'll wait for Alt Hero

I never understood why there was suddenly an interdimensional college only for poc humans fashioned after american culture

She talks about it a good amount in this interview from two days ago.

bookriot.com/2018/02/21/america-chavez-gabby-rivera/

She actually sent copies of America to Justice Sotomayor, so we can expect them to be added to the National Archives any minute now.

Damn she's delusional

How the hell do you make a comic about a Sassy multiversal traveller with an intetesting backstory and a cool visual aesthetic so bad.

I'm genuinely excited for the final issue of America. Because while I know it's probably just going to be an attempt to hastily wrap up the plot with a tacked-on "And the Adventure Continues" splash at the end, or a low-effort cliffhanger to leave the door open for future stories, there's still that outside chance of Marvel publishing 22 pages of unfiltered lunatic diatribe. If the storytime at the end of the month consists entirely of America having a fourth wall breaking dialogue with Gabby's Ziggy-looking self about how the universe is unfair and the white man keeps keeping both of them down, or America suddenly becoming more powerful than every other Marvel character and destroying the entire Marvel multiverse with a line of block text on every page saying "THIS IS CANON", or just abandoning the comic format entirely for 22 pages of prose about how great America is and why "amigx" is a grammatically valid word, then I'll be happier than I've been in years.

>You will never experience storytiming America #1 for the first time again
>You will never hear Scanbro himself calling this a pile of shit

I see you enjoy pain

>american culture

When I learned of the cancellation I had to go tell my transdemidaughter about it. America was xyr greatest role model in life and a true inspiration, a realy positive figure to look up to. I tried to comfort xyr in these difficult time.
But when xyhe asked with teary eyes "does that mean I will be forced to read the adventures of straight white english-speaking body-conforming cisgendered Trump-voting males again? And what will happen to Gabby Riviera?" I could no longer hold it and cried with xyr.
The only thing that stopped me from ending it all and shooting a Trump rallye was xyr's beautiful and stunning words :
"Ay mama no need to worry, the blanco diablo's power has already been undermined by America and the cultural tidal wave she started. There is still no wall and we still haven't been deportado"
That is when I realized that maybe it as I who needed comforting the most, and xyhe who truly had been made stronger by America.
America will always mean so much to us.

I know. I had to read that over aswell before posting, but their way of living is unique. Even if uniquely shit.

But why would Hitler just be out there in the killing fields?

He knew he needed to get punched for a symbolic moment in a comic book.

Bump

How to spot a newfag 101

Why are they fighting trench warfare in Germany in WWII?

What caused Hitler to seemingly just wander over to Captain America and America Chavez while they're having a chat in what was, a second earlier, an empty no-man's land?

What happens between that page and the next one which enables two German soldiers to go up to America, pick Hitler up from the ground right next to her AND Captain America, carry him away across that same empty battlefield and in the process escape from Cap?

Only some of the deep and no doubt profound questions posed by Gabby Rivera's timeless masterpiece.

>Robbie
>edgy
Only his uncle is.

She's the Period Starter, twisted Period Starter.

I see you're incapable of recognizing irony user. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it one day.

Annnnnnnnd, we're back for round 2 folx!!! Its time once again to delve into the wonder that is Gabby Rivera's AMERICA!

In this issue, we have a special guest appearance! I can't tell you who, but she's the smartest human in the Marvel universe! Oh I just can't wait! Time to get in formation Sup Forums!

A brief recap of the previous issue, just in case you're somehow incapable of remembering all of those memorable moments from the first issue.

Thanks OP :)

We open with a brief look back at the planet Maltixa, as Imani and her amigxes of color fawn over the ever impressive AMERICA CHAVEZ. I must say, America is very consistent about posting to BeamChat, she's chronicled EVERYTHING, very impressive.

Love Imani's hair too, the colorist did an EXCELLENT job with her hair, looks stylin'!

Oh no! Hitler is slowly getting away! How will Captain America ever catch him! Well that's not important, after all, who cared about the Allie's carefully laid plans anyway?

Apparently not the commanding officer! Turns out Peggy Carters a cool white women who's capable of appreciates how awesome and saucy a proud POC like America is! Not like that basic bitch Becky Goodhair, she's everything wrong with white people!

Agent Carter seems to have been expecting America, but how could that be!? Well that's a question for later or never , because NAZIS are coming!

Wait a minute.
One of these two women officers (FFS Gabby is it really sor hard for you to imagine a man not being a hateful worthless shit that you HAVE TO make all the good guys women or very feminine gay dudes?) appeared behind America.

America's so amazing, even Peggy can't help but say it out loud! She's ready for those dirty nazis and their drill with no handles! Not only that, she's figured out how she can get herself back home without Prodigy's machine, must be a real clever idea!