'Adventure Time' Returning In March With New Episodes

"Blenanas"

Finn's latest literary work is met with only derision so he sets out to prove all the naysayers wrong.

Preview: youtube.com/watch?v=ihubz-k2ung

One of the writers for this one is Patrick McHale.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywilliamsart.com/more-animation/2018/1/1/adventure-time-season-9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"Temple of Mars"

Searching for answers on Mars, Finn and Jermaine discover that they must first survive a cunning Martian mental trap.

"Jake the Starchild"

In order to fulfill his grand destiny, Jake is spirited away by a strangely familiar shape-shifting alien.

"Gumbaldia"

Finn and Jake, as ambassadors of the Candy Kingdom, travel to a powerful new city-state in a last ditch effort to stave off war.

So why arent they airing the finale along with these, whats the point of prolonging it if CN doesnt even respect or care about adventure time any longer?

Bombs need advertisement for peak impact, and the show only recently finished production, there's also the comic and Game the show needs to be timed with for maximum crossover.

CN is doing what they can

Also if we take into the account the description of the last season, we might guess it's not going to be peaceful unless it's an exaggeration for the purpose of one episode.

"Everything’s perfectly normal in the Land of Ooo. Finn and Jake are investigating a haunting, BMO and Ice King have become door-to-door salesmen, and Flame Princess is getting hyped up to battle the Son of Rap Bear. Oh, and Ooo just happens to be on the brink of an all-out, catastrophic WAR! Yep, perfectly normal."

Maybe they will hype up the finale in a special way, something that has to be excluded from "normal" episodes.

>Finn's latest literary work is met with only derision so he sets out to prove all the naysayers wrong.
wow, more filler? right after jake is abducted?

>Bombs need advertisement for peak impact,
Bombs have killed most shows, execs think shows can only play during them besides the fact they get the same ratings as a weekly premiere
>and the show only recently finished production, there's also the comic and Game the show needs to be timed with for maximum crossover.
>CN is doing what they can
Dont you dare act like they deserve credit, theyve been ignoring and badly treating this and almost every other show for years now.

AT's filler episodes are /comfy/. Besides the three episodes right after it seem really exciting.

True, CN effectively killed AT, its last good show.

>cancel 2 of your currently longest running shows
>give one time off of work to think of how to wrap up the series, give it an extra season
>cancel the other halfway in a heavy arc season and rush it 10 times faster because you've gotta bomb the entire season in 3 weeks, only 15 episodes to work with

>first uses their time for random stuff that either beats around the bush for their story or is unrelated and is now pushing a few episodes let and still doing mundane filler
>second has to remove most of their story just to wrap it up in time, and network execs tell the crew they can't say they were cancelled

Why? AT you had an entire extra season and prep time and you're not going all out yet? Yea the fun stories are fun, but if there was a time to start wrapping shit up it'd have been well before "finn writes a book everyone shit on him for" and "tree trunks has bad husbands". My good the finale is going to cram everything into 44 minutes. Are they trying to make it a challenge? I don't get why anyone wouldn't want to do their best knowing they're going out and never getting this chance again.

Great, now instead of everyone putting down Finn they're going to be putting down Finn while he's happy and childish.

My guess is that they didn't need more time for the finale, it's probably something very simple as an ending. Weird considering miniseries were getting 8 episodes and the fucking finale is half of that but still... it's not going to be a particularly good one I guess.

aren't these like the last 4 episodes?

I expect resolution for golb and magic woman stuff, and for fern. But I really don’t expect them to address how Ice King ends up.

PB looking fine in that dress

8 left in total, or 6.

They could have ended the simon/iceking stuff at any time with a pretty mature message about accepting you cant always make things perfect and you should simply make the most of what life gives you.
But now that they've dragged it out so long and made simon a separate character/prisoner inside iceking it feels like any resolution they give him will be underwhelming, i'm not certain they'll give him one at all.

There are those four and a four part finale called ''Come along with me'' releasing later, probably end of summer.
And theres also minecraft episode

Yeah, now that IK and Simon are basically separate entities there isn’t as much emotional investment.

>probably end of summer.
Thats fucking stupid, they said theyd end it early this year

Does anyone give a shit about Gumbald? He's a lame villain and if the show was focusing its final arc on anything other else the show would've been better off.
It's really unlikely that they'll be able to salvage him these last episodes.

I like to think his mind is sometimes in iceking and sometimes trapped in the crown, rather than being completely seperate people (as that ruins his transformation when he was human and with marcy) but I realise thats probably not what the writers were going for

I don't think we'll even learn how the Ice Thing comes to be, for better or worse.

When is this shit actually ending anyways? I heard it was going to end months ago but it still keeps shitting out episodes.

people still care about this?

Do people still care about the best currently airing cartoon on CN? Geez, I don't know

>still care about the best currently airing cartoon on CN?

Nigga, we all know that time has long been gone, and this is sadly a shell of its former self.

8 episodes left. Next 4 airing in March, final 4 airing at an unknown later date.

>My good the finale is going to cram everything into 44 minutes
They're probably not going to focus on a lot of the random unimportant questions people have and just deal with GOLB and Gumbald. Which, admittedly aren't important either, but there is no real loss in not paying attention to that other stuff. I don't see how anyone could prefer that to having episodes like Blenana which is already really funny in just the first minute or so.

a-and the movie

leaks when?

For me this show is better and worse and the same time. It's just different now. One may argue that cons outweight the pros.

Honestly, just sounds like another Poochie plot but this time a whole realm of them. A kingdom that nobody hears of before appears out of nowhere and threatens the characters ah what a zombie plot. I'm glad I dropped this show like a hot potato a few seasons ago.

March 9th. Leakbot is now useless since CN changed some stuff in their servers.

We can still get images, but 2 minute previews are out of the question.

I mean like leaks as whole episodes, though I don't know if that was ever possible.

it's not that a kingdom no one heard before appears out of nowhere, Gumbald and co were literally revived to their original forms due to the events of the elements miniseries: the implication is that they made their kingdom in the span of a few weeks or something

It's more like a fragment of a shell

but muh mean dad and sympathy for the daughter arc, same with marcy and her dad

>Blenana which is already really funny in just the first minute or so.
it didn't have any jokes really

So the shapeshifter daddy isn't really evil?

What is wrong with CNs release schedule?

Nope, nobody is bad in nuAT, everyone is just misunderstood and with a sad backstory

Lich was evil, just not anymore.

>Bubble gum just blasting her citizens homes
Full flanderization is in effect huh?

Hunson is "bad" (though that's his job)
Orgalorg is "bad" and he seemed to be that way out of his free will entirely
Also King of Ooo and Gumbald have no redeeming qualities

Just like Magic Man, Ice King, and PB.

>let me judge the entire episode by this one out-of-context scene

Magic Man was just a dick, Ice King was clearly insane, and PB was a case of them just not knowing what to do.

I'm not judging the whole episode, that's just bullshit and out of character.

This is a quick and effective way to show PB checking the defences of her kingdom in case of war which is obviously gonna be a plot point, would you be more satisfied if it showed Banana Guards doing it?

>tfw they don't retconn the Lemonhope ending and Ooo actually does get nuked away
>tfw last few minutes of the final episode is just landscape shots of all the places we know from the show, now completely destroyed in nuclear fire without a single living being in them

I would be happier if "preparing for war" didn't mean destroying peoples homes, that's irrational and stupid its actively weakening the defenses making it easier for invaders to take control.

It shouldn't take long to rebuild candy homes user

t. pinko hippie

Scorched earth is a completely legitimate tactic of defensive warfare

Once you know your going to lose and have a save place to retreat to such as the Russians burning there fields during world war 2, where would you have the candy kingdom flee to?

This meme is retarded
>lich is mid tier
>lemongrab and magicman are meg
>king of ooo is shit tier

To the treehouse, obviously.

More leaked images.

I'm blue da ba dee ba da daa

hollywilliamsart.com/more-animation/2018/1/1/adventure-time-season-9

This is just kind of meh looking. Why are people so interested in this plotline?

>betty that high
eat shit /at/

I believe this ranking system is based on villains' motivations alone, not taking anything else into consideration

The fact this chart describes "reluctant villains" as great is so fucking stupid and you should kill yourself for posting it

Jake's brethern world
probably Mars
probably Gumbald's country-state

but user, reluctant villains allow for great internal conflicts, the very thing that gives characters depth

>tfw started watching the series
>tfw at season three
>tfw a week or so ago I asked anons here about the grills in the show
>tfw anons said I'll probably like PB and Finn's relationship
>tfw they finally kiss
>it's over

ANONS THIS IS HURTING MY RECENTLY BROKEN HEART
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT WAS 5 YEARS AGO GET OVER IT
HOW LONG MUST ONE WAIT
HOW MUCH CAN ONE ENDURE
WHEN WILL THIS PAIN END

>reeeee ;__;

For one thing, depth doesn't mean entertaining or good. and a villain can be completely resolute in their actions whether they're wrong or not and still have depth and conflict.

So do you think Lemongrab has sex with his camel

Even rewatching the series (which I dropped during season 5 back in '13) it feels a little bit like having your heart broken all over again

haha

find a grill

Yes.

>Complaining about filler
>For a show that's best episodes are filler
C'mon now

It can't get nuked in our time at least, because Candy Kingdom was very advanced in Lemonhope future, meaning our guys won or someone else took over and improved it.

Either way the destruction came way later, which I wonder if it will be addressed at all, since it's a different era essentially.

Yeah, I was like "who the fuck cares if it's ending, it stopped being good years ago," But I've been rewatching old episodes and now I'm really depressed it's gone.
The fact people are complaining about an episode boarded by FUCKING MCHALE just shows badly these threads have fallen

Bump

Why are weebs so excruciatingly retarded?

Man I remember watching Too Young for the firs time. Ending was perfect.
>PB kills both Finn and the audience's hopes by brushing off everything that happened, tops it off with that "silly boy" comment as she walks away
>Jake swoops in with the wonderfully written Wizard Steps speech
>Finn softly whispering "go up the wizard steps..." to himself as he gazes at PB
>music that reaches its peak at this same moment
>from the angle you can almost believe PB is staring down at Finn while he's looking up at her
Felt so sad while still leaving a tinge of hope. I'm okay with Finn not getting Bubblegum in the end or whatever but rewatching Too Young always makes me wish it had happened anyway because it was just such a strong ending.

>I'm okay with Finn not getting Bubblegum in the end or whatever

You're taking the cartoon way too seriously. I mean, it has some """"deep"""" moments, but it's still a show with comedy in its core.

I just don't give a shit anymore, after so many years of Finn going after her longer than he should have it poisoned the ship. Now he seems as over her as he can be so I see no need for it to happen.
Just my opinion, not trying to start a shitstorm.

Fuck off, don't demonize me like I hate fun, I clearly said I'd be fine with this shit if they weren't doing it right before the series finale and not wrapping shit up with every slot they have.

Gumbald should have been
>a smarter and more more sociopathic version of PB.
>introduced earlier

Betty isn't a great villain in any way

Anyone knows if the theatrical movie got cancelled?
I remember that was planned as the end game.

And how are the comics into the canon of the series, is something that I'm not so familiar into it.

'uncle gumbald' is mentioned super early, like season 2 or something.
I know that's not what you meant at all, and it's just a loose thread they picked up, but still I'll post this cause fuck ya

Gumblad should have
>not existed much like all of AT past season 5

Yes it got cancelled. Originally the movie was about Maja but she got reduced to one episode instead.

But Maja got fucked in 2014, the movie was announced in 2015

>Gumbald should have been
>basically the same as PB except straight
>there for introspection for PB

Well maybe that was a different movie or something. From what I've heard the Maja stuff was planned to be a lot longer than it really was so I figured they were talking about an equivalent of today's miniseries. The movie isn't happening and it's very obvious. AT is being handled very badly since Season 7 and people still think about a movie lol.

>S7
>Not since the departure of Penward in S5